SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Montreal Canadiens

What should we do about the draft

Feb. 6, 2022 at 10:19 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
What's happening at the draft? Our biggest prospect weaknesses are RHD, LW, C.
We have a possibility of having 4 1st round picks this year. 1 from us, 1 in a chiarot trade, 1 in a toffoli trade, 1 in a lehkonen trade.
Obviously, if we get 1st overall we would draft shane Wright. But, what if we get a pick 3rd - 6th? Should we take kemell? Cooley? Slavkovsky? Nemec? Savoie? IMO if we land around 3 or 4, we draft kemell. Then, we could combine picks to trade up for a higher pick, and draft savoie. Then with our other pick we draft Seamus Casey.
Here's how I hypothetically think and want it to turn out:

We get selections 3rd, 17th, 19th, 23rd.

3rd we select: Joakim Kemell

We trade the 17th pick and 23rd pick for the 10th pick and draft:

10th we select: Matthew Savoie

19th we select: Seamus Casey

Therfore solving all of our pipeline problems.

Let. Me think of all habs fans:

@zuki9797
@ricochetii
@habitantlecolon
Feb. 6, 2022 at 10:19 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Feb. 6, 2022 at 10:20 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
@HabsFan77
@habslife
@ColonelX
Feb. 6, 2022 at 10:21 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Feb. 6, 2022 at 10:22 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
@FCmarco
Feb. 6, 2022 at 10:29 p.m.
Le patriote
To be frank If I were to draft 4 times in 2022 I'd draft 4 rhd!!

Senec Jiricek for sure the other I dunno their is 6 of them in the first round this year ! http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/
Feb. 7, 2022 at 12:42 a.m.
Go Habs Go
Don't count your chickens before they're hatched.
Chiarot is maybe a 1st. Lehkonen is a possibility. Toffoli and/or Lehkonen might be kept. Agree or disagree, multiple 1sts isn't a given.

Our top pick is the consensus BPA. Doesn't matter if it's a C or a zhamboni driver. Our scouting department does not deserve to go off the board.

If we don't get Wright, trade down until the BPA IS a C or a RD. My personal picks are Jiricek and Geekie. Jiricek's injury is a question mark right now, but I don't think it will cause him to fall.
Columbus is a good target. They are likely more interested in getting the best possible player at #2-4, than whoever's left at #8-12. They have two picks around that range.
Feb. 7, 2022 at 6:17 a.m.
We don’t need too much LW. Our biggest needs are C/RD so our targets should be Wright, Savoie, Cooley, Nemec if we can get a top 5 pick, if we’re in the 5-10 range, whichever one of the previous group is still there or someone like Jiricek, Lambert maybe Geekie, I think we’re more likely to go BPA in that range and not for need. It’s also unrealistic to say we’ll get 4 1sts right now since we only have 1 and there’s no guarantees Hughes gets 3 firsts from this year. I think Savoie would be gone by 10 too
Feb. 22, 2022 at 12:10 a.m.
Le patriote
We should add a voting poll to see who everyone want to draft !!

Many thing have change since the begging of the month and might change as well in few weeks.

How many picks are we going to get in the TDL, who are those rookies that are upgrading their ranks ...

For myself if Habs don't want Wright they should think what they're going to do if they win the first pick ... are we selecting Slafkovky because of is Olympic moment? Or are we going down to get a center like Geekie?? Should we try Nemec instead ... so what about you guys?
Feb. 22, 2022 at 12:53 a.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: habitantlecolon

Many thing have change since the begging of the month and might change as well in few weeks.

How many picks are we going to get in the TDL, who are those rookies that are upgrading their ranks ...

For myself if Habs don't want Wright they should think what they're going to do if they win the first pick ... are we selecting Slafkovky because of is Olympic moment? Or are we going down to get a center like Geekie?? Should we try Nemec instead ... so what about you guys?

You know, I think the habs really should go for top pick in this draft. Suzuki stats :
1st year: 41 points in 71 games
2nd year: 41points in 56 games
3rd year : on pace for 48 points in 82 games.
Listen, I know it's early, but I don't think you'd like to have nick suzuki as your top line center, amazing 2nd line center though. A couple points here: Suzuki signed for a bit too much money, 6 million would've been closer value.
2nd, habs should really go for Shane Wright this year for 1C, he would be a legit 1 C, and have a center line of
Wright
Suzuki
Ufa signing
Evans / Poehling.

If we get a pick 2 I'd probably trade down. I'm more higher on kemell than slavkovsky tbh, who cares what a player could do against a bunch of nhl rejects.
My board for positions :
LW: Kemell, Slavkovsky, Miroshnichenko
C: Wright, Cooley, Savoie, Geekie
RD: Nemec, Jiricek, Casey
So Wright at #1, if we land pick 2, I'd trade down to 1 of 3-5 and get 1 LW. For RD Seamus casey will be available in spot 15-20, habs will probably have a pick there from a chiarot trade.
Then we can get Brad Lambert in also 15 - 20 and move up. Maximum 4 1st rounders, Minimum 3.
We should fill a need with each pick. There isn't a Great goalie in this draft, so we can't draft a goalie in 1st round.
If we get #1 pick, we select Wright. And get casey + LW later.
Feb. 22, 2022 at 6:33 a.m.
Quoting: habitantlecolon

For our 1st pick, I’d say we’d look at Wright, Cooley, Savoie, Nemec or ( to fill the much needed RD or C help ) but Kemell also works, ( Yurov I really like but don’t think he’s what we’re looking for, Jiricek would be if most of our targets are off by then, same for Slafkovksy )
habitantlecolon liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll