SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/New York Islanders

I am mad at the administration of this team. (Rant)

Do you think the Islanders will make the playoffs this season?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Feb. 8, 2022 at 4:01 p.m.
Chris Peralta
I don't think this team is the same as it has been the past 3 seasons. They have been playing in a way that doesn't seem like that they want to win. With some exceptions (Barzal, Wahlstrom, Sorokin, Beauvillier, Nelson, Lee, Dobson, Pelech, Pulock), I think that the rest of this team needs to be traded away and this team needs to rebuild. This team, probably the best playoff team the past 2 seasons, has become, once again, the laughing stock of the NHL. It's honestly sad to have to re-live 2011 Islanders Hockey. Sure, we are not the worst team in the league, but what pisses me off is that we can't keep our record over .500. I seriously don't understand how a team that has played, for the most part, well since October 2018 falls apart in such a short time. A team that was highly regarded as the best playoff team last season, has no playoffs in site.
Look, if they start to win, I might take this back, but age, as well as getting rid of every draft pick has been a problem for the Islanders the past 3-4 years. Sure we have Barzal, Sorokin, Beauvillier, Wahlstrom and Dobson, but we need the whole team to play like them.

"In Lou, we DONT trust" and Mr. Trotz sir, PLEASE play Wahlstrom & Bellows more over the barely preforming Palmieri or Parise
Saskleaf liked this.
Feb. 20, 2022 at 11:14 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: ChrisNapoleon
I don't think this team is the same as it has been the past 3 seasons. They have been playing in a way that doesn't seem like that they want to win. With some exceptions (Barzal,

Thanks for your analysis.

I wonder if the Isles have "peaked" and now on the decline/

We see this in sports all the time, where teams are on an upward rise, and we think it's going to continue with a championship. But the reality is the team peaked, and just won't get better and actually worse as other teams now pass them.
Saskleaf liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit