Fucale is the next Carey price
Feb. 28, 2022 at 7:04 p.m.
Quoting: Alfie11
Except for Craig Button’s

I get where that's coming from but he's still TSN's director of scouting
capsfan2121 and Saskleaf liked this.
Feb. 28, 2022 at 8:35 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Aatu Raty has become an extremely underrated prospect, and may be a top 10 NHL affiliated prospect in the league
capsfan2121, Saskleaf, A_Habs_fan and 1 other person liked this.
Feb. 28, 2022 at 9:21 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: AndrewLadd
Aatu Raty has become an extremely underrated prospect, and may be a top 10 NHL affiliated prospect in the league

guy should not have left round 1 lol
capsfan2121, AndrewLadd, Saskleaf and 1 other person liked this.
Feb. 28, 2022 at 9:35 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
wrong thread nvm
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Feb. 28, 2022 at 10:12 p.m.
Maybe this is a VERY hot take, but should the sabres not even look at Wright even if they get the #1 Overall pick? Id seriously consider trading down to 3/4 or even staying at 1 and taking Slajkovsky or Cooley. I think that Cozens is so similar now to Wright that we would benefit alot more by getting ourselves a elite scorer vs a 2 way center. Kind of like Shooting for Zegras instead of Cozens.
capsfan2121 liked this.
Feb. 28, 2022 at 10:25 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Maybe this is a VERY hot take, but should the sabres not even look at Wright even if they get the #1 Overall pick? Id seriously consider trading down to 3/4 or even staying at 1 and taking Slajkovsky or Cooley. I think that Cozens is so similar now to Wright that we would benefit alot more by getting ourselves a elite scorer vs a 2 way center. Kind of like Shooting for Zegras instead of Cozens.

That is a very hot take, sabres should 100% take Wright if he's available for them.
capsfan2121, TZ11, BuFfaLOFaN and 2 others liked this.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 1:32 a.m.

I don't think the Sabres centre depth is solid enough to pull something like that. I think Cozens will probably end up in the Norris/Suzuki tier of centre, where he's good, but you're not justifying him being a top 15 centre in the league or anything like that. Krebs is not gonna be a better centre than him, and might end up as a LW anyway. Mittelstadt is an enigma. I'm really not sure where Thompson fits into everything and if this breakout is legit or a one-off, but he's not a 1C regardless. I think the Sabres would feel really good about a top 2 centre combo of Wright and Cozens, to go with a stellar top 2 defenseman combo of Dahlin and Power. Wingers can be found in free agency, and they have a few good ones anyway (Tuch, Quinn, Peterka). "Shooting for Zegras" is silly, because if we knew Zegras was gonna be this good he woulda gone top 3, trading down and hoping you get the steal of the draft seems kinda silly, because if you know he's gonna be that good you'd simply select him with your own pick.
A_Habs_fan and TZ11 liked this.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 6:10 a.m.

Well the Sabres could use another Center to go with Cozens so picking Wright if you get 1 makes sense
TZ11 and Saskleaf liked this.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 6:57 a.m.
Quoting: Alfie11
I don't think the Sabres centre depth is solid enough to pull something like that. I think Cozens will probably end up in the Norris/Suzuki tier of centre, where he's good, but you're not justifying him being a top 15 centre in the league or anything like that. Krebs is not gonna be a better centre than him, and might end up as a LW anyway. Mittelstadt is an enigma. I'm really not sure where Thompson fits into everything and if this breakout is legit or a one-off, but he's not a 1C regardless. I think the Sabres would feel really good about a top 2 centre combo of Wright and Cozens, to go with a stellar top 2 defenseman combo of Dahlin and Power. Wingers can be found in free agency, and they have a few good ones anyway (Tuch, Quinn, Peterka). "Shooting for Zegras" is silly, because if we knew Zegras was gonna be this good he woulda gone top 3, trading down and hoping you get the steal of the draft seems kinda silly, because if you know he's gonna be that good you'd simply select him with your own pick.

But shooting for Zegras I more meant look at Cozens vs Zegras, Cozens is the guy you would rely on to **** down the opposition and Zegras to score goals. I just don't think the sabres need another shutdown center, we need a Elite offensive 1C, was hoping that is what Slajkovsky could become.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 7:07 a.m.
But shooting for Zegras I more meant look at Cozens vs Zegras, Cozens is the guy you would rely on to **** down the opposition and Zegras to score goals. I just don't think the sabres need another shutdown center, we need a Elite offensive 1C, was hoping that is what Slajkovsky could become.

Slafkovsky’s not a C, he’s a winger
capsfan2121, TZ11 and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 8:09 a.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
What in the world happened to Eilas Salomonsson? I've been trying to find stuff to watch on him but everything I've found is from September and October, with the only thing recent being from January saying he sucked. What the hell happened?
capsfan2121 liked this.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 9:03 a.m.
Quoting: NoVaSpartan
What in the world happened to Eilas Salomonsson? I've been trying to find stuff to watch on him but everything I've found is from September and October, with the only thing recent being from January saying he sucked. What the hell happened?

As one person I follow put it "Elias Salomonsson entered the season as a highly-regarded defender, yet his season has seemed to bring more questions than answers." He's pretty much just showed that his ceiling is still around the same but his floor is lower now and he's more of a project
capsfan2121, NoVaSpartan, MatthewsFan and 1 other person liked this.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 9:42 a.m.
Quoting: Saskleaf
Maybe a bit but it would have massive repercussions on the sport. It’s simply not realistic or a good idea.

neither is russia invading another country. i know most russians dont want this its more on putin but literally getting every single russian against him right now would be the best cause in my mind.
Saskleaf liked this.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 9:49 a.m.
Quoting: yikes
I get the stance completely - but it’s hard to justify punishing all Russian players as some of them have USA citizenship or live in NA.

And for others like Ovi (family is in Russia) it’s hard to force players to lose their contracts or have a justification for suspending them.

The NHLPA wouldn’t allow it and it could cause huge problems within the CBA. It’s too slippery of a slop for a league already financially hit hard by COVID to risk ruining the relationships between the league and the NHLPA/ players. It would cause long term harm that just isn’t worth it from a business stand point - and that’s what sports is at the end of the day.

Quoting: A_Habs_fan
That won't and shouldn't happen, then you're persecuting people for them simply being from a country and not punishing the country itself, whether it's by sanctions, removing them from international events, etc

last one so no need to comment back. but for players with families still in russia, their game checks are going home and going directly into russias economy, that money isnt staying here. its definitely a touchy subject but if youre not gunna allow russians in olympic events, or might not even allow them to be draft eligible... (latest nhl rumors) idk i dont think its that slippery of a slope. I think its pretty easy to say sorry but we want zero part of anything russian right now, athletes/propsects/coaches/gms/equipment you name it. its not like russian just hacked into their servers, the country is engaging in a hostile takeover. every business, every entity, should be distancing themselves from russia in any way possible.
KSIxSKULLS liked this.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 9:54 a.m.
Quoting: hanson493
last one so no need to comment back. but for players with families still in russia, their game checks are going home and going directly into russias economy, that money isnt staying here. its definitely a touchy subject but if youre not gunna allow russians in olympic events, or might not even allow them to be draft eligible... (latest nhl rumors) idk i dont think its that slippery of a slope. I think its pretty easy to say sorry but we want zero part of anything russian right now, athletes/propsects/coaches/gms/equipment you name it. its not like russian just hacked into their servers, the country is engaging in a hostile takeover. every business, every entity, should be distancing themselves from russia in any way possible.

Except punishing everyone with a relation at any level to Russia does nothing except make them hate the west, you're then excluding people from everyday things for being Russian which is at that point, is discrimination
capsfan2121, TZ11, Saskleaf and 1 other person liked this.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 9:56 a.m.
Tintin over 1122
Except punishing everyone with a relation at any level to Russia does nothing except make them hate the west, you're then excluding people from everyday things for being Russian which is at that point, is discrimination

It’s not all Russians fault there leader is like that, poor people
A_Habs_fan and yikes liked this.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 10:01 a.m.

and how do you know which russians support the cause and which dont? its war... is ovechkin funneling money to putin? you dont know. nobody will ever know. thats the point of cutting all ties with all russians.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 10:09 a.m.
Quoting: hanson493
and how do you know which russians support the cause and which dont? its war... is ovechkin funneling money to putin? you dont know. nobody will ever know. thats the point of cutting all ties with all russians.

That's exactly the point but with the wrong conclusion. We don't know who's pro Putin and who isn't, but that's not a reason to exclude all people who where born on the same piece of land just because their president, who wasn't voted for in a democratic election, is doing horrible things.
A_Habs_fan and capsfan2121 liked this.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 10:11 a.m.
Quoting: TZ11
That's exactly the point but with the wrong conclusion. We don't know who's pro Putin and who isn't, but that's not a reason to exclude all people who where born on the same piece of land just because their president, who wasn't voted for in a democratic election, is doing horrible things.

Note that this is referring to athletes not to Russian companies, etc. These player want to do one thing above everything else: play Hockey. And cutting ties with them because they were born in Russia even though they are here to play Hockey and not to promote Russia, etc. would be pretty stupid.
A_Habs_fan, capsfan2121, Saskleaf and 1 other person liked this.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 10:13 a.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Note that this is meant for athletes not for Russian companies, etc. These player want to do one thing above everything else: play Hockey. And cutting ties with them because they were born in Russia even though they are here to play Hockey and not to promote Russia, etc. would be pretty stupid.

I’d use an example from F1, of removing Uralkali as a sponsor but allowing Nikita Mazepin the chance to stay or lose his seat on the merit of driving, not a geopolitical situation.
A_Habs_fan, capsfan2121 and TZ11 liked this.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 10:20 a.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
As one person I follow put it "Elias Salomonsson entered the season as a highly-regarded defender, yet his season has seemed to bring more questions than answers." He's pretty much just showed that his ceiling is still around the same but his floor is lower now and he's more of a project

This 👆🏻

He will be a late 2nd IMO
NoVaSpartan, A_Habs_fan, capsfan2121 and 4 others liked this.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 10:21 a.m.
Quoting: NoVaSpartan
I’d use an example from F1, of removing Uralkali as a sponsor but allowing Nikita Mazepin the chance to stay or lose his seat on the merit of driving, not a geopolitical situation.

Works well as an example. But it should be considered that Mazepin's father has close ties to Putin and that it's still in the realm of possibilities that he loses his seat before Bahrain.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 10:27 a.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Works well as an example. But it should be considered that Mazepin's father has close ties to Putin and that it's still in the realm of possibilities that he loses his seat before Bahrain.

Forgot his father was so close to Putin, so I guess it isn’t the greatest example, but I’m glad you share the sentiment.

Being a Haas fan, I just want them to decide quickly so they can focus on driving, whether its Fittipaldi, Mazepin, or anyone else in the seat come Bahrain.
capsfan2121 and TZ11 liked this.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 10:35 a.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

Leafs have:
Ryan O'Connell LD (Ohio State)
Axel Rindell RD (Karpat)

Needing contracts or they will become UFA’s.

Anyone know their teams prospects needing contracts

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll