SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Montreal Canadiens

What will happen come trade deadline?

Feb. 8, 2022 at 11:33 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Who is going to be traded, what are their trade values, what will their package be, and which team is most likely to acquire them? My thoughts:
Traded:
Lehkonen, Chiarot, Toffoli, Drouin, Perreault, Kulak, Wideman, Allen.

What we should expect they return:

Lehky : 1st / 1st round caliber prospect + 2nd / 2nd round caliber prospect. Habs add 5th
Chiarot: 1st + 3rd / 3rd round caliber prospect.
Toffoli: 1st, 1st round caliber prospect, 2nd / 2nd round caliber prospect. Habs add 4th
Drouin retained 50% : 1st, 3rd / 3rd round caliber prospect
Perrault: 5th / 6th
Kulak: 4th / 5th
Wideman: 5th / 6th
Allen: serviceable goalie (aka 3rd string) 4th, 2nd / 2nd round caliber prospect

Which team most likely to trade for them, and what package?

Lehky: New York Rangers : Lundqvist, Chytil, Habs add 5th
Chiarot: St. Louis Blues: 1st, 3rd
Toffoli: Calgary: Pelltier, 1st, zavgorodniy, Habs add 4th
Drouin: Washington: 1st, sprong, Habs add vejdemo
Perreault, kulak, and Wideman go to random teams.
Allen: Pittsburgh : desmith, friedman, 2nd.

What do you think?

Goodnight / Good morning / good afternoon / good evening for whenever you see this!
Feb. 8, 2022 at 11:36 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Feb. 8, 2022 at 11:37 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
zk97 liked this.
Feb. 8, 2022 at 11:39 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Feb. 8, 2022 at 11:40 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Feb. 9, 2022 at 12:37 a.m.
Le patriote
Tout dépend de Price. S'il se retire nous aurons la surprise de voir des gars comme Gallagher qui pourraient quitter et ainsi influer sur le fait de garder Lehkonen. Le prochain mois est donc vital pour confirmer ou infirmer la situation.

Je crois néanmoins qu'un joueur comme Toffoli restera avec le club, car il fait parti du nouveau coeur de l'attaque montréalaise.
Feb. 9, 2022 at 12:42 a.m.
Go Habs Go
I find your expectations unreasonable in general.
I'll attempt to not be cruel.

I understand you're often picking up on others' suggestions, but I'm not sure you interpret them correctly most of the time.
It's at the point where your own fanbase finds your suggestions not worth paying attention to, but other fanbases use your posts as credence to the effect that Habs fans in general are way too high on their players.

I ask that you consider re-evaluating your thoughts on what our players are worth.

Generally speaking:
- A quality player (top 6F / 4D) under contract is worth a package including either a 1st or 1st round prospect plus a 2nd or 2nd round prospect. Optionally with a contract coming back for cap purposes. (See Pacioretty with an extension.)
- A middle F/D is worth up to two 2nd/3rd picks/prospects. (See Eller/Shaw.)
- A bottom F/D is worth a 3rd or less. (See Cousins/Deslauriers.)

Of course that isn't perfect and there are exceptions. A hot/cold market for a player can affect their value, and this only really applies to selling players for futures.

For rentals the general value is similar, but you can probably forget any top prospects coming back, expect to retain and/or have conditions on picks.
A player's value is also impacted by how high they are on the list of available rentals. (If Giroux is traded you have less of a chance of meeting your demands for Toffoli.)

Again, please consider what constitutes reasonable trade values. None of us are perfect, but there's a happy medium range where we can at least find discussion. The further you stray from that, the less valuable the discussion gets.

As for my expectations this deadline, I expect Chiarot and Lehkonen to be traded.
I also expect one contract with term to be moved out, Armia being the most likely.
Petry would be preferable, but will likely be an off season move, as he will be more attractive to some teams after his $3M signing bonus is paid, and I hope his play improves once the possibility of a trade is shut down for this season.

I hope to see a 1st and decent prospect acquired, even if it means adding picks/rentals to the trades which are completed.

I expect everyone else of consequence to be here for the startof next season.
Feb. 9, 2022 at 6:08 a.m.
I think we more Chiarot, Wideman, Kulak, Paquette and Perreault. Lehkonen is possible too. Others like Gallagher, Armia, Petry, Allen, etc would probably be off-season/next season moves.

Chiarot gets around a 1st
Kulak, Wideman, Paquette and Perreault get mid/late round picks let’s say 2 4th and 2 6ths ( all together not individually)
If Lehkonen is traded, I’d think he gets around 2nd+prospect
Feb. 9, 2022 at 9:18 a.m.
I think if you're hoping for this, you will be disappointed come TDL day
zk97 and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Feb. 9, 2022 at 8:06 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
I have no idea how everyone’s been playing, but they better not trade Drouin or Lehky, or I might just quit watching hockey for good.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Feb. 9, 2022 at 8:11 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
I have no idea how everyone’s been playing, but they better not trade Drouin or Lehky, or I might just quit watching hockey for good.

You haven't heard? Lehky could fetch a 1st and 2nd!
Feb. 9, 2022 at 9:03 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
You haven't heard? Lehky could fetch a 1st and 2nd!

I don’t give a **** what he could fetch. I just want to have some joy watching this team play, and that’s going to be impossible if the team trades away all of my favourite players.
Feb. 10, 2022 at 2:16 a.m.
Le patriote
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
I don’t give a **** what he could fetch. I just want to have some joy watching this team play, and that’s going to be impossible if the team trades away all of my favourite players.

well be prepared cuz both are in the rumor mills
Feb. 13, 2022 at 2:29 p.m.
Habs4ever
Edited Mar. 4, 2022 at 12:26 a.m.
The question I would ask is the following: Can you win a championship with such and such a player?

For example: people like Drouin because of his hands and speed, but he is often hurt and he would do better playing in an American non-hockey market. Lehkonen, again, people love him but he has done the same thing for several years. He tantalizes us with his smarts and defensive abilities but then he also disappears for a bunch of games. Same can be said about Armia.

In 1984, Bill parcels who was then an NFL coach, said in a litter of puppies, you look for the one that has some bite. I've been saying this for 5 years. Hockey teams need continuation. The Habs drafted very poorly from 2012 to 2017. Then improved in the last 4 drafts. That is why people keep saying, the team has good older players and a good crop of young players, but they have a glaring weakness in the middle. For this reason, I've been saying for 3 years, move your older players and build around your younger core.

For example: The current Defensemen, I would only keep Romanov and Schueneman. Romi we all know he can hit and do well in all aspects. He will never be an elite player but he will be a jack of all trades, heavy hitter. Schueneman, I would keep because he can skate and he does not cost much. He is a depth d-man. A lot of people like Kulak. But what does he bring you? points? no, hitting? no, leadership? no. He skates well but he never generates much.

So I would go through entire roster and ask can we win with this guy?

Montreal has Guhle, Mailloux, Harris, Norlinder and Xhekaj coming. Guhle is a 1 or a 3, Mailloux is a 2 or a 4, Harris 1 or 3, Norlinder 3 or 5, Xhekaj a 5. Eventually on these guys, not right away. So you should have some good D.

McNiven is gone. Primeau sill needs some time, but two goalies I've been tracking is Dobes and Dichow. Both these goalies look very promising.

I haven't gone through the forwards as this is getting long, but you have the idea.
Feb. 14, 2022 at 5:31 p.m.
Le patriote
Dvorak could be gone before the St-Louis game ... and so is Lehkonen ... Hughes is starting to move ... And he will move fast ...
Feb. 14, 2022 at 5:35 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: habitantlecolon
Dvorak could be gone before the St-Louis game ... and so is Lehkonen ... Hughes is starting to move ... And he will move fast ...

Source?
Feb. 14, 2022 at 5:37 p.m.
Le patriote
Source?

my prediction ... I'm soooooooooooooooo mad that Tyler is gone ... so I guess that this settle the beginning of movment ... tabarnak ça va brasser ... Si petry peut partir pour Dallas smile
Mar. 21, 2022 at 8:46 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: nickthehabsfan
I think if you're hoping for this, you will be disappointed come TDL day

Oh yeah?
Mar. 21, 2022 at 9:20 p.m.
Oh yeah?

Thank you to MSL

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options: