G
UFA
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$5,538,462$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$4,167,000$4,167,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 13, 2022 at 11:03 p.m.
Quoting: ChiHawk
Clearly you don't watch enough to Cat to understand him as a player and are only looking at a stat sheet.

1) Probably will never produce 70 points again? He just turned 24 years old and is one of the most prolific goal scorers in the league LMAO
2) Can't play defense...are you kidding me? His two way game is really good the last two years...all the analysts have talked about how good he's become as a 200ft player...and you are touting Eichel's two way play comparably?
3) He has 16 even strength goals, 11 power play goals, and is 5th in goal scoring currently in the league. But while only 5th, the top 8 players all besides Cat are on playoff contenders...what does that tell you?
4) He will get signed for around $9M for 7 to 8 years and is worth every penny of that.

If Eichel was healthy and not having a major surgery, and there wasn't a public display between he and Buffalo, and he was an RFA on a $6.4M cap hit instead of a UFA for $10M, he would have gotten a lot more and more then what Cat is worth currently....but none of those things were true so it's a really bad comparison to bring up.

A late former first round pick that put up 40 some odd points the last 2 seasons in the Q isn't earth shattering. JP is interesting. Holloway will be a middle 6 guy and personally I don't think he's all that so far. A mid to late 1st is nothing but a bag of magic beans in a shallow draft year. Bottom line, this doesn't move the needle for the Hawks to trade a an elite player that just turned 24 years old. Quantity doesn't equal quality.

I just watched him live.

1.) Just because he's 24 and eats off of other players doesn't make him good.
2.) 2-way game is really good. Really? not what his xGA/60 and CA/60 says.
3.) That doesn't mean anything you can have great offensive players and your defense plays like ****. Let's face it last in PK and horrible defense leaving MAF high and dry every time is what makes you not a playoff contender.
4.) Yeah you have him for that or maybe Chiarelli will sign him for more who knows, but doesn't make him any more worth it only to Biased Chicago fans who couldn't tell me what hockey was before 2010.

he wouldn't have ever gotten anymore in the first place. Name a big name 1C who got more than what Eichel got?

"Elite" He's 30 percentile in all EV Defense. 55 percentile on PP, he's 85 percentile on quality of teammate (shows who he's paired up with) Holloway will most likely be top 6 XB who knows. JP another Top 6. Bottom line is around the same development process with barely a contract left Panarin got traded for Saad. he's a winger. Base your analysis on actual market not your own biased thought process. The guy has scoring on his side when he's paired with certain forwards otherwise he's at a severe disadvantage.
Feb. 14, 2022 at 3:40 a.m.
Quoting: Shylo_Moxii
I just watched him live.

3.) That doesn't mean anything you can have great offensive players and your defense plays like ****. Let's face it last in PK and horrible defense leaving MAF high and dry every time is what makes you not a playoff contender.
4.) Yeah you have him for that or maybe Chiarelli will sign him for more who knows, but doesn't make him any more worth it only to Biased Chicago fans who couldn't tell me what hockey was before 2010.

he wouldn't have ever gotten anymore in the first place. Name a big name 1C who got more than what Eichel got?

"Elite" He's 30 percentile in all EV Defense. 55 percentile on PP, he's 85 percentile on quality of teammate (shows who he's paired up with) Holloway will most likely be top 6 XB who knows. JP another Top 6. Bottom line is around the same development process with barely a contract left Panarin got traded for Saad. he's a winger. Base your analysis on actual market not your own biased thought process. The guy has scoring on his side when he's paired with certain forwards otherwise he's at a severe disadvantage.

I don’t think panarin trade is a great comparison. Players leaned on management to get saad back
Feb. 14, 2022 at 11:00 a.m.
I just watched him live.

LMAO laugh

Every pro analyst disagrees with your comment about Cat and believes he is an elite player in the league; but go ahead and be the contrarian LMAO
Feb. 14, 2022 at 11:00 a.m.
Quoting: Garak
I was just working on a similar response to him but deleted it. I figure this guy is just going to keep arguing and digging his heels in.

Lmao, look at his response...not even worth addressing it!
Garak liked this.
Feb. 14, 2022 at 6:03 p.m.
LMAO laugh

Every pro analyst disagrees with your comment about Cat and believes he is an elite player in the league; but go ahead and be the contrarian LMAO

Lmao, look at his response...not even worth addressing it!

"not even worth addressing it" yeah because advanced stats prove otherwise. You want the most value in history for him when market doesn't say that. I remember why I left capfriendly the first time. People with these pipedream ideas of what they as the fans think a player is worth. LOL. I guess baby steps is the way to improve knowledgeability. Name me one Forward or even 1 NHL player in history that got more than that offer which no matter how you want to put it is 2 NHL quality players (which happens to improve your awful team) and a guy who's probably going to be that NHL level as well. Plus a first. Chychrun isn't even getting as much as you want bahahhaahaa. Tragically enough you believe your tainted view is the best opinion in the world. From a neutral perspective you quite honestly might have just made one of the worst Takes on here in 7 years. What's next Murphy for 3 firsts? Is it because you paid so much for Jones now because Debrincat is better you think he's worth more? Whatever it is LOL you need some help on market values lmaooooo
Feb. 14, 2022 at 6:10 p.m.
"not even worth addressing it" yeah because advanced stats prove otherwise. You want the most value in history for him when market doesn't say that. I remember why I left capfriendly the first time. People with these pipedream ideas of what they as the fans think a player is worth. LOL. I guess baby steps is the way to improve knowledgeability. Name me one Forward or even 1 NHL player in history that got more than that offer which no matter how you want to put it is 2 NHL quality players (which happens to improve your awful team) and a guy who's probably going to be that NHL level as well. Plus a first. Chychrun isn't even getting as much as you want bahahhaahaa. Tragically enough you believe your tainted view is the best opinion in the world. From a neutral perspective you quite honestly might have just made one of the worst Takes on here in 7 years. What's next Murphy for 3 firsts? Is it because you paid so much for Jones now because Debrincat is better you think he's worth more? Whatever it is LOL you need some help on market values lmaooooo

Are you still watering your eyes over advanced stats? popcorn Case and point you don't even know it but you just substantiated the argument I'm making yourself but are too lost to see it laugh
Feb. 14, 2022 at 6:29 p.m.
Are you still watering your eyes over advanced stats? popcorn Case and point you don't even know it but you just substantiated the argument I'm making yourself but are too lost to see it laugh

You water your eyes over opinions out your ass being a blackhawks fan lmfaoooo that's all you have ever done lmfaoooo. You haven't brought anything except your own opinion which makes your stupidity even worse. But off to a new discussion because 2 clueless blackhawk fans that don't look at the 2 sides just thinking it's a one way street is pathetic to talk to.
Feb. 14, 2022 at 6:29 p.m.

it's a waste of time as well. Good day lmfaooooo
Feb. 15, 2022 at 10:48 a.m.
it's a waste of time as well. Good day lmfaooooo

Here's one of your main points you used to initialize your point of view on your first comment on Cat summarizing how silly your talking points are...."Barely above average in goals on even strength gets carried on the PP" laugh

Using your flawed logic, let's take the top goal scorers in the league and their PP goal rate

Draisaitl = 33 goals (14 PP Goals - 42%, 19 Even Strength)
Kreider = 33 goals (17 PP Goals - 52%, 16 Even Strength)
Matthews = 32 goals (12 PP goals - 38%, 20 Even Strength)
Cat = 28 goals (11 PP goals - 39%, 17 Even Strength)
Rantanen = 24 goals (10 PP goals - 42%, 14 Even Strength)

I guess the above top 10 goal scorers in the league get carried by the PP Cat so they don't hold much trade value! Furthermore, combating another dumb point you made about Cat getting carried by his line mates...I guess none of these players have good linemates especially on the PP like Panarin, McDavid, Marner, MacKinnon!

You opened up a debate making comments like the one above that are using straw man arguments as evidence here...and when challenged your defense is saying I'm a fanboy and talking about how you quit CF because of the people here....all because your logic is flawed and laughable...make sense now? smile
Feb. 15, 2022 at 11:16 p.m.
Here's one of your main points you used to initialize your point of view on your first comment on Cat summarizing how silly your talking points are...."Barely above average in goals on even strength gets carried on the PP" laugh

Using your flawed logic, let's take the top goal scorers in the league and their PP goal rate

Draisaitl = 33 goals (14 PP Goals - 42%, 19 Even Strength)
Kreider = 33 goals (17 PP Goals - 52%, 16 Even Strength)
Matthews = 32 goals (12 PP goals - 38%, 20 Even Strength)
Cat = 28 goals (11 PP goals - 39%, 17 Even Strength)
Rantanen = 24 goals (10 PP goals - 42%, 14 Even Strength)

I guess the above top 10 goal scorers in the league get carried by the PP Cat so they don't hold much trade value! Furthermore, combating another dumb point you made about Cat getting carried by his line mates...I guess none of these players have good linemates especially on the PP like Panarin, McDavid, Marner, MacKinnon!

You opened up a debate making comments like the one above that are using straw man arguments as evidence here...and when challenged your defense is saying I'm a fanboy and talking about how you quit CF because of the people here....all because your logic is flawed and laughable...make sense now? smile

"rate" lmaoooo you really don't know how analytics work. Putting PP and EV goals into a ratio percentage does absolutely nothing as a talking point lmfaoooo.

No let me make this clear to you. 90% of ACGMs are stupidity all around then you get the half decent ones or spot ones. And you get some fan kid because he's this players lover boy saying oh we need more when you clearly get more than most at his level. You used a ratio to make someone think oh he's so good because this amount of goals he scored is here. You put everything together based on an irrelevant non-isolated stat. You forget his teammates are playing the same rate all the time. he is only at this particular level when he has certain teammates playing with him. You want to challenge advanced stats with some backwards opinion and a ratio between EV and PP Goals. That's not a debate that's insanity. Because you seem to lack the reasons I have stated. You love Debrincat fine nothing wrong with that. There is fine line between liking him on your own opinion and thinking your say is the gospel. (WAR) wins above replacement says otherwise which takes heat charts, fenwick, corsi, etc. and combines them. Which variably makes it superior in isolated and team play stat metrics compared to your opinion pulled out your ass. Fair enough for you? Does that make sense? Because what's laughable is you thinking your opinion should be final say in the matter because you are a Blackhawks fan. Which is incorrect actually makes you less credible because you way your own opinions over true unchanged facts. And facts don't care about your feelings. Good night! smile

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll