G
UFA
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$5,538,462$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$4,167,000$4,167,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 11, 2022 at 3:10 p.m.
Don't think thats enough to Debrincat and i dont think it makes the team much if any better. Biggest issues are defense and Goalie, i dont think Holtby and Skinner is gonna get the job done
Garak and ChiHawk liked this.
Feb. 11, 2022 at 3:27 p.m.
Yeah. That doesn't get Debrincat done.
ChiHawk liked this.
Feb. 11, 2022 at 3:50 p.m.
Quoting: ToneCapone420
Don't think thats enough to Debrincat and i dont think it makes the team much if any better. Biggest issues are defense and Goalie, i dont think Holtby and Skinner is gonna get the job done

Quoting: Garak
Yeah. That doesn't get Debrincat done.

You both have to be kidding if you think that doesn’t get the cat. That’s a bigger package than Buffalo just got for eichel.
Feb. 11, 2022 at 3:54 p.m.
GM Blackhawks
Quoting: Timmah007
You both have to be kidding if you think that doesn’t get the cat. That’s a bigger package than Buffalo just got for eichel.

Well he's going to get more than Eichel or he's not getting moved smile
Garak, thesaadfather and ChiHawk liked this.
Feb. 11, 2022 at 3:55 p.m.
Quoting: realKyleDavidson

That’s ok he can stay put oilers wouldn’t considering offering that
Feb. 11, 2022 at 4:20 p.m.
GM Blackhawks
Quoting: Timmah007
That’s ok he can stay put oilers wouldn’t considering offering that

I agree, it would be a good trade for them, and they don't like doing that wink
ChiHawk liked this.
Feb. 11, 2022 at 4:24 p.m.

That would be a dumb ask, Chicago has said they are willing to move anybody and with Chiarelli maybe taking the Chicago job. I'd expect him to ask for half that.
Feb. 11, 2022 at 4:24 p.m.
IMHO the player the Oilers need from Chicago isn’t Debrincat it’s Dach, He is everything the Oilers need and don’t have.
Feb. 11, 2022 at 4:27 p.m.
GM Blackhawks
Quoting: Shylo_Moxii
That would be a dumb ask, Chicago has said they are willing to move anybody and with Chiarelli maybe taking the Chicago job. I'd expect him to ask for half that.

Dumb to ask? not sure i follow.....and I already have the job so no need to worry about anyone else
Feb. 11, 2022 at 4:28 p.m.
GM Blackhawks
Quoting: Bobcaygeon97
IMHO the player the Oilers need from Chicago isn’t Debrincat it’s Dach, He is everything the Oilers need and don’t have.

interesting....why do you say that? admittedly I don't watch the most Oilers games but you think you need another center?
Bobcaygeon97 liked this.
Feb. 11, 2022 at 4:28 p.m.
Dumb to ask? not sure i follow.....and I already have the job so no need to worry about anyone else

lol troll. Nonetheless just because he's a chicago player doesn't make him worth 3 first round picks and a Top 6 player. If you want more have fun with him until he walks for free
Feb. 11, 2022 at 4:50 p.m.
lol troll. Nonetheless just because he's a chicago player doesn't make him worth 3 first round picks and a Top 6 player. If you want more have fun with him until he walks for free

Trades aren't just about exact player for player pick for pick value, it's about leverage too. The Hawks have absolutely ZERO reason to move Cat unless the offer blows the roof off the place. He is the present and future of CHI. So, whatever teams want him would have to give up WAY too much to get him. Whereas Buffalo had almost no leverage in that Eichel trade for various reasons. Also, Chiarelli is definitely not getting the job in CHI. Wirtz and Faulkner have to know that hiring him would be the final nail in the coffin.
realKyleDavidson liked this.
Feb. 11, 2022 at 5:08 p.m.
Edited Feb. 11, 2022 at 5:14 p.m.
interesting....why do you say that? admittedly I don't watch the most Oilers games but you think you need another center?

Thanks for taking the time to respond.
1) Oilers desperately need a RHC for draws, they don’t have a good one (Ryan) but he’s barely an NHL player any longer.
2) Size, Dach is a huge kid, Oilers have a size and aggression problem, Dach solves this.
3) Potential, Dach has been progressing the correct way, I see him as a full time number 2C or a RW the greatest attribute a centre has is the ability to play wing.
4) He PK’s in fact he’s on Chicago number 1 unit.
5) He’s from Edmonton, he’s more apt to hang around ( people underestimate the importance of this)

Add on - Dach has offensive potential, Oilers could centre him between Hyman & RNH and that line would be terrible to play against. - Need a goal, throw him on with Draisaitl & Kane and that’s a lot of angry beef beef coming at you.
I’m a big fan of Dach, at the very least you get a different perspective & you see why Debrincat isn’t the guy, Dach fills more rolls the Oilers need.

Those are just off the top of my head, I’m sure I could come up with more.
Feb. 11, 2022 at 5:22 p.m.
GM Blackhawks

Trades aren't just about exact player for player pick for pick value, it's about leverage too. The Hawks have absolutely ZERO reason to move Cat unless the offer blows the roof off the place. He is the present and future of CHI. So, whatever teams want him would have to give up WAY too much to get him. Whereas Buffalo had almost no leverage in that Eichel trade for various reasons. Also, Chiarelli is definitely not getting the job in CHI. Wirtz and Faulkner have to know that hiring him would be the final nail in the coffin.

Just because a player was a former first round pick doesn't mean they still hold that value....also Garak hit the nail on the head.
Garak liked this.
Feb. 11, 2022 at 5:26 p.m.
GM Blackhawks
1) Oilers desperately need a RHC for draws, they don’t have a good one (Ryan) but he’s barely an NHL player any longer.
2) Size, Dach is a huge kid, Oilers have a size and aggression problem, Dach solves this.
3) Potential, Dach has been progressing the correct way, I see him as a full time number 2C or a RW the greatest attribute a centre has is the ability to play wing.
5) He’s from Edmonton, he’s more apt to hang around ( people underestimate the importance of this)

Add on - Dach has offensive potential, Oilers could centre him between Hyman & RNH and that line would be terrible to play against. - Need a goal, throw him on with Draisaitl & Kane and that’s a lot of angry beef beef coming at you.
I’m a big fan of Dach, at the very least you get a different perspective & you see why Debrincat isn’t the guy, Dach fills more rolls the Oilers need.

Those are all very good points. I will listen on Dach, but he's hard to put a value on right now given that his value is backed by potential more than results at the moment.
Garak and Bobcaygeon97 liked this.
Feb. 11, 2022 at 6:18 p.m.

you have zero leverage for that type of ask either.
Feb. 11, 2022 at 11:00 p.m.
GM Blackhawks

we're not asking here, we're listening...it's a skill
Garak liked this.
Feb. 11, 2022 at 11:23 p.m.

Then walk away. It's that easy. Sounds like you really want Debrincat. If you want him bad enough, just ask him out already.
Feb. 11, 2022 at 11:32 p.m.

I think the biggest issues with Dach right now are his FO%, and his finish. He has plenty of two way talent but can't seem to take that next step offensively. But, as realKyleDavidson said, it's too early to put a value on him. At this point I only see him being traded as a piece that is valued on potential for a team that is buying. And unless the right opportunity presents itself, I doubt CHI will be buying any time soon. So he probably just sticks around in CHI and develops some more.
Bobcaygeon97 liked this.
Feb. 11, 2022 at 11:48 p.m.
I think the biggest issues with Dach right now are his FO%, and his finish. He has plenty of two way talent but can't seem to take that next step offensively. But, as realKyleDavidson said, it's too early to put a value on him. At this point I only see him being traded as a piece that is valued on potential for a team that is buying. And unless the right opportunity presents itself, I doubt CHI will be buying any time soon. So he probably just sticks around in CHI and develops some more.

Great points.
Feb. 12, 2022 at 2:19 a.m.

Walks for free, he's a RFA in another year...Hawks have him controlled for most...if not all....of his career.

And Cat is worth more then Eichel....why?
1) He's not asking for a trade and publically making it known
2) He's not injured or having a major surgery
3) He doesn't carry a cap hit for $10M per year
4) He isn't a UFA in another 4 seasons (Cat is a RFA in another year and will get locked up for 7 or 8 years)
5) He's a year younger

Bottom line, Cat IS worth more then Eichel for all of those reasons
Garak liked this.
Feb. 13, 2022 at 1:08 a.m.
Then walk away. It's that easy. Sounds like you really want Debrincat. If you want him bad enough, just ask him out already.

I'm a Blues fan. I'm just not stupid enough into thinking a rebuild who will have Toews Kane walk in one offseason and Debrincat in the next not be desperate to get assets while they can
Feb. 13, 2022 at 1:16 a.m.
Quoting: ChiHawk
Walks for free, he's a RFA in another year...Hawks have him controlled for most...if not all....of his career.

And Cat is worth more then Eichel....why?
1) He's not asking for a trade and publically making it known
2) He's not injured or having a major surgery
3) He doesn't carry a cap hit for $10M per year
4) He isn't a UFA in another 4 seasons (Cat is a RFA in another year and will get locked up for 7 or 8 years)
5) He's a year younger

Bottom line, Cat IS worth more then Eichel for all of those reasons

Bottom line Cat is a winger (Less market value than a 1C) probably will never produce 70 points in his career again, can't play defense. Barely above average in goals on even strength gets carried on the PP. Made 6.4m on 3 years which basically tells the majority of people he's damn near 10 million on a 7 to 8 year contract. Chicago fans are obsessed with overvaluing every asset they have which is why 3 first rounds offered here wouldn't be enough for you. That's already more than Eichel who got Krebs, Tuch and 1st and a 2nd. Anything more is considered stupid I know he made the all-star game, but that means jacksh*t in the grand scheme of things.
Feb. 13, 2022 at 11:14 a.m.
Bottom line Cat is a winger (Less market value than a 1C) probably will never produce 70 points in his career again, can't play defense. Barely above average in goals on even strength gets carried on the PP. Made 6.4m on 3 years which basically tells the majority of people he's damn near 10 million on a 7 to 8 year contract. Chicago fans are obsessed with overvaluing every asset they have which is why 3 first rounds offered here wouldn't be enough for you. That's already more than Eichel who got Krebs, Tuch and 1st and a 2nd. Anything more is considered stupid I know he made the all-star game, but that means jacksh*t in the grand scheme of things.

Clearly you don't watch enough to Cat to understand him as a player and are only looking at a stat sheet.

1) Probably will never produce 70 points again? He just turned 24 years old and is one of the most prolific goal scorers in the league LMAO
2) Can't play defense...are you kidding me? His two way game is really good the last two years...all the analysts have talked about how good he's become as a 200ft player...and you are touting Eichel's two way play comparably?
3) He has 16 even strength goals, 11 power play goals, and is 5th in goal scoring currently in the league. But while only 5th, the top 8 players all besides Cat are on playoff contenders...what does that tell you?
4) He will get signed for around $9M for 7 to 8 years and is worth every penny of that.

If Eichel was healthy and not having a major surgery, and there wasn't a public display between he and Buffalo, and he was an RFA on a $6.4M cap hit instead of a UFA for $10M, he would have gotten a lot more and more then what Cat is worth currently....but none of those things were true so it's a really bad comparison to bring up.

A late former first round pick that put up 40 some odd points the last 2 seasons in the Q isn't earth shattering. JP is interesting. Holloway will be a middle 6 guy and personally I don't think he's all that so far. A mid to late 1st is nothing but a bag of magic beans in a shallow draft year. Bottom line, this doesn't move the needle for the Hawks to trade a an elite player that just turned 24 years old. Quantity doesn't equal quality.
Garak liked this.
Feb. 13, 2022 at 11:37 a.m.
Quoting: ChiHawk
Clearly you don't watch enough to Cat to understand him as a player and are only looking at a stat sheet.

1) Probably will never produce 70 points again? He just turned 24 years old and is one of the most prolific goal scorers in the league LMAO
2) Can't play defense...are you kidding me? His two way game is really good the last two years...all the analysts have talked about how good he's become as a 200ft player...and you are touting Eichel's two way play comparably?
3) He has 16 even strength goals, 11 power play goals, and is 5th in goal scoring currently in the league. But while only 5th, the top 8 players all besides Cat are on playoff contenders...what does that tell you?
4) He will get signed for around $9M for 7 to 8 years and is worth every penny of that.

If Eichel was healthy and not having a major surgery, and there wasn't a public display between he and Buffalo, and he was an RFA on a $6.4M cap hit instead of a UFA for $10M, he would have gotten a lot more and more then what Cat is worth currently....but none of those things were true so it's a really bad comparison to bring up.

A late former first round pick that put up 40 some odd points the last 2 seasons in the Q isn't earth shattering. JP is interesting. Holloway will be a middle 6 guy and personally I don't think he's all that so far. A mid to late 1st is nothing but a bag of magic beans in a shallow draft year. Bottom line, this doesn't move the needle for the Hawks to trade a an elite player that just turned 24 years old. Quantity doesn't equal quality.

I was just working on a similar response to him but deleted it. I figure this guy is just going to keep arguing and digging his heels in.
ChiHawk liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll