Forums/Armchair-GM

Were Having a FireSale

Created by: JBPhi
Team: 2021-22 Philadelphia Flyers
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 15, 2022
Published: Feb. 15, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
please do not take this seriously and leave a bunch of dumb comments.
Trades
PHI
COL
  1. Giroux, Claude ($4,137,500 retained)
PHI
  1. 2022 1st round pick (EDM)
EDM
  1. Braun, Justin ($900,000 retained)
  2. Jones, Martin ($1,000,000 retained)
PHI
  1. 2022 4th round pick (NJD)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the COL
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$81,500,000$72,821,261$0$1,720,000$8,678,739
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$6,750,000$6,750,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$4,333,333$4,333,333
C
UFA - 1
$5,875,000$5,875,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,571,429$3,571,429
C
NMC
UFA - 5
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
C
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RW
RFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, LW
UFA - 5
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
RW
RFA - 5
$780,833$780,833 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,725,000$4,725,000
LD
UFA - 4
$6,250,000$6,250,000
RD
UFA - 6
$3,979,000$3,979,000
G
RFA - 3
$4,675,000$4,675,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$5,400,000$5,400,000
RD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
RD
RFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
C, RW
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 15, 2022 at 4:43 p.m.
RANKERS
Leafs will take Laughton please! Is he up for sale and for how much?
Feb. 15, 2022 at 4:47 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
Florida declines
Feb. 15, 2022 at 4:51 p.m.
retired
if the avs do this what pieces will they have left for price.
mokumboi, Foppa21, ArakinSkywalker and 1 other person liked this.
Feb. 15, 2022 at 4:57 p.m.
So somehow a 34 yr rental is returning 3 1st rd picks and a roster player. Yeah COL isn’t doing that.
TJTwolf liked this.
Feb. 15, 2022 at 5:12 p.m.
Ville Koho
Flyers probably decline Gaudreau trade. Gotta be at least Gaudreau and a first for ___. ___ is just so valuable I don't know how he at least doesn't fetch a first.
Feb. 15, 2022 at 5:12 p.m.
Quoting: Xqb15a
So somehow a 34 yr rental is returning 3 1st rd picks and a roster player. Yeah COL isn’t doing that.

if they want to win a cup they should.
Feb. 15, 2022 at 5:20 p.m.
I don't think "fire sale" means what you think it means.
bobloblawlawblog liked this.
Feb. 15, 2022 at 5:25 p.m.
pE7.gif
Feb. 15, 2022 at 5:27 p.m.
avs decline this insantly, they are not trading a 1st and 2 of their top prospects for a rental

Philly can have giroux sit there and walk as a UFA if they get greedy, no team is paying that price when Giroux is the one in control of his value, not the flyers
Xqb15a and TJTwolf liked this.
Feb. 15, 2022 at 6:25 p.m.
Briere Masterclass
Quoting: Rankers
Leafs will take Laughton please! Is he up for sale and for how much?

I’d say with how bad the team is he would be, but he got extended last deadline so I think the price would have to be right. Maybe something like Ritchie a first and Robertson for Laughton and something else decent
Feb. 15, 2022 at 6:29 p.m.
Quoting: sk540
if they want to win a cup they should.

The patented smart ass answer for the person that doesn’t know what they are talking about. I mean with out Giroux COL has scuffed along to go 30-3-3 in their last 36. Besides the fact it’s an egregious overpayment, it’s an even more asinine comment. But you do you.
TJTwolf liked this.
Feb. 16, 2022 at 3:37 p.m.
The patented smart ass answer for the person that doesn’t know what they are talking about. I mean with out Giroux COL has scuffed along to go 30-3-3 in their last 36. Besides the fact it’s an egregious overpayment, it’s an even more asinine comment. But you do you.

Hmmm, let me check the last time a presidents cup winner won the cup.......well to help you out it was 10 years ago but has only happened 8 times, so keep that feather under your loser cap I guess

Enjoy your regular season wins man, they've been doing you good the last few years, being bounced from the playoffs before even reaching the cup. I would tell you how wrong you are about what an egregious overpayment is but this isn't that, keep telling yourself it is, but people will 1000000% agree it's not even an overpayment, much less an egregious one.

What's egregious is that you think my answer was a smart ass one, sounds like your just upset about getting a championship blacked out in their own region. That must suck.
Feb. 16, 2022 at 4:36 p.m.
Hmmm, let me check the last time a presidents cup winner won the cup.......well to help you out it was 10 years ago but has only happened 8 times, so keep that feather under your loser cap I guess

Enjoy your regular season wins man, they've been doing you good the last few years, being bounced from the playoffs before even reaching the cup. I would tell you how wrong you are about what an egregious overpayment is but this isn't that, keep telling yourself it is, but people will 1000000% agree it's not even an overpayment, much less an egregious one.

What's egregious is that you think my answer was a smart ass one, sounds like your just upset about getting a championship blacked out in their own region. That must suck.

So by your logic they should empty the cupboards for a rental, ensure they win the president trophy so they don’t win the cup? That’s some pretzel logic.

Tell you what any team gives the equivalent of a 1st their top d prospect their top forward prospect and bottom 6 center for Giroux and I’ll Venmo you $20. If not you Venmo me.

And why in the world would the cup be blacked out in COL?
Feb. 17, 2022 at 1:25 p.m.
So by your logic they should empty the cupboards for a rental, ensure they win the president trophy so they don’t win the cup? That’s some pretzel logic.

Tell you what any team gives the equivalent of a 1st their top d prospect their top forward prospect and bottom 6 center for Giroux and I’ll Venmo you $20. If not you Venmo me.

And why in the world would the cup be blacked out in COL?

I can already tell you have issues with simple comprehension, so I'll try to spoon feed this to you:

No, my logic was not to empty the cupboard for a rental, win the presidents trophy and then don't win the cup. What I responded to your 30-3-3 reference was that regular season wins are nice and all but how rare is it that the President's trophy winner wins the cup. I listed the stats of the rarity of it so I won't do it again.

Still following?

Also, I missed team when I said championship, should have read championship team, since Altitude loves to black them out all the time.

Sorry about the typo and your comprehension skills.
Feb. 17, 2022 at 3:15 p.m.
I can already tell you have issues with simple comprehension, so I'll try to spoon feed this to you:

No, my logic was not to empty the cupboard for a rental, win the presidents trophy and then don't win the cup. What I responded to your 30-3-3 reference was that regular season wins are nice and all but how rare is it that the President's trophy winner wins the cup. I listed the stats of the rarity of it so I won't do it again.

Still following?

Also, I missed team when I said championship, should have read championship team, since Altitude loves to black them out all the time.

Sorry about the typo and your comprehension skills.

There’s nothing wrong with my comprehension. But you seem to think you have some fountain of unassailable knowledge, so how many times has the 2nd highest finisher won the cup or the 16th? What would you have a team do intentionally not win games because of some Presidents Trophy curse? What team doesn’t want home ice advantage throughout the playoffs.

And when has Altitude blacked out games? I haven’t missed a game in 3 years that I wanted/could watch. Are you confusing this with the contract dispute with Comcast? Altitude doesn’t even get to televise after the 1st rd of the playoffs if I remember correctly.

But you run along espouses facts but don’t have the conviction to put your money where you mouth is.
Feb. 17, 2022 at 3:53 p.m.
There’s nothing wrong with my comprehension. But you seem to think you have some fountain of unassailable knowledge, so how many times has the 2nd highest finisher won the cup or the 16th? What would you have a team do intentionally not win games because of some Presidents Trophy curse? What team doesn’t want home ice advantage throughout the playoffs.

And when has Altitude blacked out games? I haven’t missed a game in 3 years that I wanted/could watch. Are you confusing this with the contract dispute with Comcast? Altitude doesn’t even get to televise after the 1st rd of the playoffs if I remember correctly.

But you run along espouses facts but don’t have the conviction to put your money where you mouth is.

No I wouldn't have a team intentionally lose, that's what a stupid person would think. All I'm saying is that peddling a 30-3-3 stat like you've already won something is stupid, and what's more stupid is being at the pinnacle of the league and being the best team and not continuing forward and trying to supplement your team with a star like Giroux, who - plays on the PP and PK, is always top 5 in the league in FO's, has worn a C for a decade and brings leadership, and continues to put up points at a near point per game pace. To add on all this, you're afraid to part with prospects and picks that A may never pan out or be any better than they are, and for picks that would be easily no higher than 26-32, which is still a crapshoot. You're not giving up Newhook or Byram so who cares??

But take that regular season belt and enjoy it, you guys did a great job. Also, you used espouses incorrectly.
Feb. 17, 2022 at 5:56 p.m.
No I wouldn't have a team intentionally lose, that's what a stupid person would think. All I'm saying is that peddling a 30-3-3 stat like you've already won something is stupid, and what's more stupid is being at the pinnacle of the league and being the best team and not continuing forward and trying to supplement your team with a star like Giroux, who - plays on the PP and PK, is always top 5 in the league in FO's, has worn a C for a decade and brings leadership, and continues to put up points at a near point per game pace. To add on all this, you're afraid to part with prospects and picks that A may never pan out or be any better than they are, and for picks that would be easily no higher than 26-32, which is still a crapshoot. You're not giving up Newhook or Byram so who cares??

But take that regular season belt and enjoy it, you guys did a great job. Also, you used espouses incorrectly.

Bro, “peddling a 30-3-3 stat like you’ve already won something” one did I say they won a damn thing? No, I pointed out that they are doing pretty damn good without him, in fact they are doing pretty damn good dealing with a host of injuries, positive covid tests, and even a suspension. Two let’s not twist this ****, I said the price was egregious, which it is which I am willing to put my money where my mouth is. Spending that insane package for a rental is completely irrational, they wouldn’t send that package to Van for Miller who has another year left on his contract. What you didn’t like was the fact I called your answer patented because you see it here all the time “if you want to win a cup” usually it’s the MTL fans with their Price trades. Could they use Giroux absolutely any team in the league could, but let’s also not forget Giroux controls this as much as the Flyers and the Avs. Not a team in the league is giving up that massive of a package for rental. Do I think the Avs offer a large package like a 1st, one of Helleson/Behrens/Ranta and Compher or Jost probably, heck Sakic might be convinced to even include Barron but he sure as heck isn’t offering the above. Your insistence “if they want to win cup” just reminds we of the dude who writes for MHH that insisted the move the Avs HAD to make a couple of years ago was trading Makar and OTT 1st for Erik Karlsson. But like I said you do you.
Feb. 17, 2022 at 6:39 p.m.
Bro, “peddling a 30-3-3 stat like you’ve already won something” one did I say they won a damn thing? No, I pointed out that they are doing pretty damn good without him, in fact they are doing pretty damn good dealing with a host of injuries, positive covid tests, and even a suspension. Two let’s not twist this ****, I said the price was egregious, which it is which I am willing to put my money where my mouth is. Spending that insane package for a rental is completely irrational, they wouldn’t send that package to Van for Miller who has another year left on his contract. What you didn’t like was the fact I called your answer patented because you see it here all the time “if you want to win a cup” usually it’s the MTL fans with their Price trades. Could they use Giroux absolutely any team in the league could, but let’s also not forget Giroux controls this as much as the Flyers and the Avs. Not a team in the league is giving up that massive of a package for rental. Do I think the Avs offer a large package like a 1st, one of Helleson/Behrens/Ranta and Compher or Jost probably, heck Sakic might be convinced to even include Barron but he sure as heck isn’t offering the above. Your insistence “if they want to win cup” just reminds we of the dude who writes for MHH that insisted the move the Avs HAD to make a couple of years ago was trading Makar and OTT 1st for Erik Karlsson. But like I said you do you.

I can 100% admit they are doing fine, I thought they were doing fine last year too and they got knocked out by, what I think was, a subpar Vegas team. So much so that I guarantee you they would've crushed Montreal. Now last year was a bit different with the covid territory model, but still. Another year of course with your young guys only can help, Makar looks as good as anyone, and so does your top line, if Mackinnon can stay healthy and stop elbowing dudes in the head (joking). Just saying, that if you're completely fine with even Barron in the deal, with Jost, and Olausson, and a first, but you'd maybe be OK without Olausson in there, or Olausson and Sampo but no Barron, or even switching around the 1st for a 2nd or 3rd, what really is your price to go all in to win a cup. You wouldn't miss any of the pieces above if you win a cup, and that's the ultimate goal, and even for a rental and a high price, it's worth going for it. And you're not really mortgaging your future since you're system is already still stacked and your superstars aren't even 30 yet. You guys will cap issues LONG before you need to worry about replenishing guys, and by that time you'll have even more prospects. It's clear Joe and team knows what they're doing so that's not even worry, one of the best scouting departments in the league for close to a decade now.

But no, I didn't want anything to do with Karlsson or the contract I knew he'd sign, I kinda even knew our Weber offer sheet was a mistake, but I still would've done it only because after Pronger left we saw the huge whole, and guys like Shea Weber don't grow on trees, but I digress. I'd pay the price, you wouldn't, agree to disagree.
Xqb15a liked this.
Feb. 17, 2022 at 9:01 p.m.
I can 100% admit they are doing fine, I thought they were doing fine last year too and they got knocked out by, what I think was, a subpar Vegas team. So much so that I guarantee you they would've crushed Montreal. Now last year was a bit different with the covid territory model, but still. Another year of course with your young guys only can help, Makar looks as good as anyone, and so does your top line, if Mackinnon can stay healthy and stop elbowing dudes in the head (joking). Just saying, that if you're completely fine with even Barron in the deal, with Jost, and Olausson, and a first, but you'd maybe be OK without Olausson in there, or Olausson and Sampo but no Barron, or even switching around the 1st for a 2nd or 3rd, what really is your price to go all in to win a cup. You wouldn't miss any of the pieces above if you win a cup, and that's the ultimate goal, and even for a rental and a high price, it's worth going for it. And you're not really mortgaging your future since you're system is already still stacked and your superstars aren't even 30 yet. You guys will cap issues LONG before you need to worry about replenishing guys, and by that time you'll have even more prospects. It's clear Joe and team knows what they're doing so that's not even worry, one of the best scouting departments in the league for close to a decade now.

But no, I didn't want anything to do with Karlsson or the contract I knew he'd sign, I kinda even knew our Weber offer sheet was a mistake, but I still would've done it only because after Pronger left we saw the huge whole, and guys like Shea Weber don't grow on trees, but I digress. I'd pay the price, you wouldn't, agree to disagree.

So me and best friend spent a lot of time talking about the team last year. The Avs were good but I think well know they got fat on pathetic west, I mean last year ANA, AZ, LAK, and SJS were atrocious. Obviously the Kadri suspension was huge because it really did turn them into a one line team because as much as I like Compher and Jost they aren’t 2C’s, Calvert being out was a much bigger deal because it took out one of their best bottom 6 forecheckers and physical guys and Soderberg was just painful to watch, throw in no EJ or Byram and Nemeth was just an icing bad clearing machine. But the thing that just killed was Grubauer was not good in game 4 and 5 and just down right atrocious in 6. But the thing that seems to have struck and held this year from that is that they learned they can just win every game on skill.

Regardless of that, I apologize for being a bit pissy about things. Talking hockey is good times thing.
sk540 liked this.
Feb. 21, 2022 at 1:25 p.m.
So me and best friend spent a lot of time talking about the team last year. The Avs were good but I think well know they got fat on pathetic west, I mean last year ANA, AZ, LAK, and SJS were atrocious. Obviously the Kadri suspension was huge because it really did turn them into a one line team because as much as I like Compher and Jost they aren’t 2C’s, Calvert being out was a much bigger deal because it took out one of their best bottom 6 forecheckers and physical guys and Soderberg was just painful to watch, throw in no EJ or Byram and Nemeth was just an icing bad clearing machine. But the thing that just killed was Grubauer was not good in game 4 and 5 and just down right atrocious in 6. But the thing that seems to have struck and held this year from that is that they learned they can just win every game on skill.

Regardless of that, I apologize for being a bit pissy about things. Talking hockey is good times thing.

Grub was def a large part of the loss vs VGK and I really like Keumper even more so, he's definitely a top goalie in the league even when he was with the Yotes. Byram being out is going to hurt but not as much as it would have last year as you mentioned. Imagine not only having your top line but having G move into that 2C spot, or even having G as your 2LW and who would then help Jost or Compher (depending on who they trade) to be a better C. If Jost is the one who stays he could end up on G's wing if the move is to 2C also. Not only that, but you can literally pencil G in on the 1st PP unit and 1st/2nd PK unit as you see fit. With your top line G would not nearly need to play as much ES as he does on this fledgling Flyers team, allowing him to play more special teams, not that you need hlp per se but reinforcing is never a bad thing. Having more reinforcements isn't a bad thing and G hasn't slowed down at all over the last 4 years since turning 30. My whole point here is that the difference between a trade you would consider vs one you would absolutely not, isn't worth more than going all in on a stanley cup. This strategy has been done over and over, working sometimes and not working sometimes (I think Forsberg for Erat several years back but I don't think Jost, Compher, Barron or Sampo ever become a player like Forsberg has and looks like he will continue to be), so I say why not go for it. Maybe I'm more of a gambler, or maybe I love G more than most since I've watched him his whole career and desperately think he deserves to raise the cup.

Either way, hockey discussions are great, I'm down for one any time.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll