$2,000,000$2,000,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $750,000$750,000
    G
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Feb. 16, 2022 at 12:08 p.m.
    do not Devil my ass
    That pick should go to the Devils in the Mrazek trade, no need to give cap space away for free like that.
    Otherwise Devils would just look into signing one of Campbell, Husso, Kuemper, Francouz or Holtby instead.
    Feb. 16, 2022 at 12:15 p.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: PaulieWalnuts
    That pick should go to the Devils in the Mrazek trade, no need to give cap space away for free like that.
    Otherwise Devils would just look into signing one of Campbell, Husso, Kuemper, Francouz or Holtby instead.

Mrazek is better than 2 of those guys (Francois and Holtby) Campbell I think is going to stay in TO, Kuemper is going to be a mistake signing and Husso I bet stays in St Louis. Getting Mrazek would be a smart move for Jersey. Or do you want ECHL goalies in net again?
    Feb. 16, 2022 at 12:15 p.m.
    Banned
    I think Kerfoot is likely going to get moved as well. That would certainly make the off season more flexible. Sandin will get more as will Mikheyev I think.
    Feb. 16, 2022 at 12:31 p.m.
    If Bernier goes to LTIR for next season, the trade ought to be Bernier for Mzarek straight-up. Devils cannot make use of LTIR relief and would have to pay salaries just the same. So better for us to get someone who is actually playing. Leafs could get the LTIR relief without paying anything for it. And if Bernier starts season on LTIR, it could even make free agency easier for Toronto (like the Clarkson move a few years ago).
    SPdevotee liked this.
    Feb. 16, 2022 at 12:33 p.m.
    Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood
    Mrazek is better than 2 of those guys (Francois and Holtby) Campbell I think is going to stay in TO, Kuemper is going to be a mistake signing and Husso I bet stays in St Louis. Getting Mrazek would be a smart move for Jersey. Or do you want ECHL goalies in net again?

Magnus Hellberg
    https://sportsforecaster.com/nhl/p/18943/Magnus_Hellberg/stats
    Plays in the KHL and I believe his team is done! Do it Fitz!
    Feb. 16, 2022 at 12:35 p.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: Smitty426
    Magnus Hellberg
    https://sportsforecaster.com/nhl/p/18943/Magnus_Hellberg/stats
    Plays in the KHL and I believe his team is done! Do it Fitz!

The fact that fans would rather take a fools hope chance on a 30 year old who couldn't make the NHL years ago rather than a guy who plays for the Leafs should prove how bad the anti leaf bias is on this site.
    Feb. 16, 2022 at 12:43 p.m.
    The fact that fans would rather take a fools hope chance on a 30 year old who couldn't make the NHL years ago rather than a guy who plays for the Leafs should prove how bad the anti leaf bias is on this site.

No bias from me at all. Mrazek is fine, not sure I like his contract for 2 more yrs. The Devs woudl be forcing a move when one doesnt need to be. Its not like getting PM is going to get them into the POs. Its exactly like the coaching issue. Ruff is a placeholder, sure fire him and do what Bring up Dineen only to screw up the AHL team and his head as well?
    The only thing I don't like about TMLs fans are the Bracco trades, and those are gone, so we're good.
    Since we're talking whats the return for a double retain on PK?
    Feb. 16, 2022 at 12:47 p.m.
    Banned
    No bias from me at all. Mrazek is fine, not sure I like his contract for 2 more yrs. The Devs woudl be forcing a move when one doesnt need to be. Its not like getting PM is going to get them into the POs. Its exactly like the coaching issue. Ruff is a placeholder, sure fire him and do what Bring up Dineen only to screw up the AHL team and his head as well?
    The only thing I don't like about TMLs fans are the Bracco trades, and those are gone, so we're good.
    Since we're talking whats the return for a double retain on PK?

I don't see Subban as worth the assets to acquire. Devil's should take what they can and retain half. A 2nd would be plenty and then some other team is going to want a significant asset to retain another 50% and at this stage of his career, is he really an upgrade over anything we have? I don't see it.
    Feb. 16, 2022 at 3:04 p.m.
    I don't see Subban as worth the assets to acquire. Devil's should take what they can and retain half. A 2nd would be plenty and then some other team is going to want a significant asset to retain another 50% and at this stage of his career, is he really an upgrade over anything we have? I don't see it.

TDL is silly season, look at what they are talking about for Klingberg. Yeah hes better than PK but not that much. A 3rd team retaining would get a 4th historically. Because we can take back contracts I think the return will be better than expected
    Feb. 16, 2022 at 3:06 p.m.
    Banned
    TDL is silly season, look at what they are talking about for Klingberg. Yeah hes better than PK but not that much. A 3rd team retaining would get a 4th historically. Because we can take back contracts I think the return will be better than expected

Come on now, Klingberg is a lot better than Subban. That's ridiculous
    Feb. 16, 2022 at 3:51 p.m.

Oh no doubt, but here is the package Pronman has for him:
    To Tor: Klingberg and Peterson
    To Dallas: Robertson, Ritchie, Dermott, Tor '22 -2nd, '23-1st
    Talk about ridiculous!
    Feb. 16, 2022 at 3:57 p.m.
    Banned
    Oh no doubt, but here is the package Pronman has for him:
    To Tor: Klingberg and Peterson
    To Dallas: Robertson, Ritchie, Dermott, Tor '22 -2nd, '23-1st
    Talk about ridiculous!

I would be fine with that. Klingberg moves the needle
    Smitty426 liked this.
    Feb. 16, 2022 at 3:59 p.m.
    I would be fine with that. Klingberg moves the needle

Okey dokey
    Feb. 16, 2022 at 6:58 p.m.
    Quoting: NHLfan10506
    If Bernier goes to LTIR for next season, the trade ought to be Bernier for Mzarek straight-up. Devils cannot make use of LTIR relief and would have to pay salaries just the same. So better for us to get someone who is actually playing. Leafs could get the LTIR relief without paying anything for it. And if Bernier starts season on LTIR, it could even make free agency easier for Toronto (like the Clarkson move a few years ago).

There's almost a dozen team's that would jump at the LTIR move next year.
    NHLfan10506 liked this.
    Feb. 16, 2022 at 7:29 p.m.

There may be some irrational anti-leaf bias on this website….

….just as there is plenty of irrational anti-Subban bias.

They idea that Klingberg is worth an enormous package of goodies, yet Devils would have to pay to move Subban, even at 50%, is not sane.

(Not really directing this at you…but that straw man standing next to you).
    Feb. 16, 2022 at 7:49 p.m.
    Banned
    There may be some irrational anti-leaf bias on this website….

….just as there is plenty of irrational anti-Subban bias.

They idea that Klingberg is worth an enormous package of goodies, yet Devils would have to pay to move Subban, even at 50%, is not sane.

(Not really directing this at you…but that straw man standing next to you).

Subban at 1 million is someone I would grab and see but Subban at 4.5 million is not worth getting. I would be shocked if he moved this season. At 4.5 he's an entirely way too expensive 3rd pair defender. And the cost to get him at half that would be just way more than he's worth.

Klingberg absolutely is valuable. I firmly believe he's just in need of a change of scenery. A better system for his skills would be great for his game. He used to rate pretty good defensively but then Dallas adopted a system that emphasizes his weaknesses and minimizes his strengths. TO's system would certainly help him thrive.
    Feb. 16, 2022 at 7:56 p.m.
    Subban at 1 million is someone I would grab and see but Subban at 4.5 million is not worth getting. I would be shocked if he moved this season. At 4.5 he's an entirely way too expensive 3rd pair defender. And the cost to get him at half that would be just way more than he's worth.

Klingberg absolutely is valuable. I firmly believe he's just in need of a change of scenery. A better system for his skills would be great for his game. He used to rate pretty good defensively but then Dallas adopted a system that emphasizes his weaknesses and minimizes his strengths. TO's system would certainly help him thrive.

Subban may not fit all systems, but he is still a pretty good d-man. I agree he likely does not get dealt…I say 20/80 chance. It’s more a matter if Reilly Walsh is ready or not. We don’t have the defensive depth to lose guys. Right now, Colton White is our 3RD until Dougie gets back. He has been doing fine, but it’s a stopgap solution and we don’t want to break up what’s been happening in Utica.
    Feb. 16, 2022 at 8:00 p.m.
    Banned
    Subban may not fit all systems, but he is still a pretty good d-man. I agree he likely does not get dealt…I say 20/80 chance. It’s more a matter if Reilly Walsh is ready or not. We don’t have the defensive depth to lose guys. Right now, Colton White is our 3RD until Dougie gets back. He has been doing fine, but it’s a stopgap solution and we don’t want to break up what’s been happening in Utica.

I would say you need to worry more about your team than anything else. You are still rebuilding and will be for a while yet. Subban just won't get traded and you don't have a lot up front that is going to get major assets. Severson is the one who I think is the best to move. You can get serious futures by moving him.
    Feb. 16, 2022 at 8:20 p.m.
    I would say you need to worry more about your team than anything else. You are still rebuilding and will be for a while yet. Subban just won't get traded and you don't have a lot up front that is going to get major assets. Severson is the one who I think is the best to move. You can get serious futures by moving him.

We already have serious futures!! We don’t have spots for them all. We have been picking high for years. And doing very well in later rounds. Now it’s hard to tell where all these guys go even if only half of them develop.

Today, we have the youngest team in NHL, one of the best pipelines outside the NHL, the 3rd youngest team in AHL that is leading that league in everything.

Severson is the longest tenured Devil and a leader on team. We need to hold on him.

And while guys like Robertson are appealing, does he make a big enough impact compared to Bratt, Holtz, Sharangovich, Foote, Mercer, Gritsyuk, Thompson, Zetterlund, Boqvist, Salminen, Moynihan, etc etc? Or play a role like Wood, Bastian, Stillman, Bardokov? Or compete with a Slafkovsky, Lambert or Kemell or whoever we get in next draft? Make a 2023-24 Devils lineup with all those guys and a completed Severson trade. It’s not easy.
    Feb. 16, 2022 at 8:24 p.m.
    Banned
    We already have serious futures!! We don’t have spots for them all. We have been picking high for years. And doing very well in later rounds. Now it’s hard to tell where all these guys go even if only half of them develop.

Today, we have the youngest team in NHL, one of the best pipelines outside the NHL, the 3rd youngest team in AHL that is leading that league in everything.

Severson is the longest tenured Devil and a leader on team. We need to hold on him.

And while guys like Robertson are appealing, does he make a big enough impact compared to Bratt, Holtz, Sharangovich, Foote, Mercer, Gritsyuk, Thompson, Zetterlund, Boqvist, Salminen, Moynihan, etc etc? Or play a role like Wood, Bastian, Stillman, Bardokov? Or compete with a Slafkovsky, Lambert or Kemell or whoever we get in next draft? Make a 2023-24 Devils lineup with all those guys and a completed Severson trade. It’s not easy.

Robertson has a higher ceiling than most of those guys yeah. I just want to move him because I don't seem him ever being a focal point in TO.

Also I meant to say worry about the Devil's more than the Farm

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll