NMC
UFA - 8
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 7
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
LW, C
RFA - 3
$1,175,000$1,175,000
RW
RFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 2
$834,167$834,167 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
C
RFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,600,000$5,600,000
LD
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 2
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$875,000$875,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD
RFA - 3
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$817,500$817,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LD
RFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,650,000$1,650,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$4,167,000$4,167,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 18, 2022 at 11:23 a.m.
Yeah you figured it out all right, just get rid of all your cap dumps and replace them with good players! Shocked no one has thought of this before lmao
Minimont and Beetlejuice liked this.
Feb. 18, 2022 at 11:29 a.m.
Guessing haven’t watched much oilers games this year or most of those guys just sent off to space would stay on the team.
Minimont and CD282 liked this.
Feb. 18, 2022 at 11:30 a.m.
Habs fan ?
Quoting: Wadejos123
Yeah you figured it out all right, just get rid of all your cap dumps and replace them with good players! Shocked no one has thought of this before lmao

It’s more of a two part thing, just want to know what players do you guys think is available and would fit!
Feb. 18, 2022 at 11:31 a.m.
Habs fan ?
Quoting: Timmah007
Guessing haven’t watched much oilers games this year or most of those guys just sent off to space would stay on the team.

Who do you think should go or stay?
Feb. 18, 2022 at 11:40 a.m.
Jones is Underpaid
Fleury and Hagel together (assuming retention on Fleury) would cost around three 1st round picks worth of assets. Add a second on there considering you'll probably need us to take salary back.

Probably would look something like this:

Chicago Blackhawks

Brandon Hagel
Marc-Andre Fleury ($3,500,000 retained)
(Some random minor league player to even-out the contracts)
Oilers 2022 3rd Round Pick (we'd remove the conditions on the Keith trade, as well)

Edmonton Oilers

Philip Broberg
Dylan Holloway
Kyle Turris
Mikko Koskinen
Oilers 2022 1st Round Pick
Oilers 2023 2nd Round Pick
Oilers 2023 3rd Round Pick
Feb. 18, 2022 at 11:42 a.m.
Shire

Oh no according to oilers fans on here, Kassian is better than BJA!! tears of joy
Feb. 18, 2022 at 11:45 a.m.
Ceci and Keith have exceeded expectations and easily consider most consistent of all the d this year. Granted Keith had a slower start but really picked it up before getting hurt. Smith is a legit starter when healthy. Kane has been amazing arguably best pure winger since arriving. It’s looking very possible could see battle of Alberta in the playoffs I don’t care what kass does all season sleep whatever but I want him around for that easily earn his entire contract in that one series alone. Barrie I get where some are coming from but I wouldn’t consider moving him yet he’s very gifted puck mover those are soooo incredibly difficult to replace the defensive issues I think are being corrected with Niemelianen stepping in.
Bringer_Of_Snow, Minimont and CD282 liked this.
Feb. 18, 2022 at 11:48 a.m.
Quoting: Nqutilus
Fleury and Hagel together (assuming retention on Fleury) would cost around three 1st round picks worth of assets. Add a second on there considering you'll probably need us to take salary back.

Chicago Blackhawks

Brandon Hagel
Oilers 2022 3rd Round Pick (we'd remove the conditions on the Keith trade, as well)

Edmonton Oilers

Philip Broberg
Dylan Holloway
Kyle Turris
Mikko Koskinen

Some crazy expectations if think Holland would entertain one of Holloway or broberg in that conversation. Easy non starter for Edmonton best of luck with the next team try to make a deal with.
CD282 liked this.
Feb. 18, 2022 at 11:50 a.m.
Bringer_Of_Snow
As much as I hated the Ceci deal when signed, he has been good with the oilers. He’s the only defensive minded RHD we have. Still a little ridiculous he got 4 years, but don’t see him going anywhere.

Whether Keith plays or not is entirely up to him. Ideally he retires, giving the oilers more cap space, then we just give him an office “scouting” job. But given the pedigree of his career, he may stick around. He plays pretty scared, always avoiding physical contact, but not really up the oilers if he retires or not. He for sure won’t be traded anywhere as he had control of that too.

Both Fleury and Hagel are going to cost a lot and doesn’t make sense for the oilers to target. Fleury is a UFA and is 37,… on any given night, Smith/Skinner could play better. Are you really interested in paying a 1st for like 10-15 starts out of him?

Same goes for Chiarot. Going to get a 1st, doesn’t make sense for the oilers to overpay for rentals.

Parayko with his new deal would be a dream. No reason for Blues to ever entertain moving him.

With Barries deal just signed and how he seems to be great friends with the core, I don’t see him getting moved. He is a great puck mover and the emergence of Bouchard doesn’t mean you just dump him. He has looked great with his reduced minutes and Woody so I expect him to stick around.

Kane’s off-season will be very interesting. From how he’s played so far, oilers should absolutely want to bring him back. But anything more than a 2 year deal at like $4M AAV would make me very nervous. I think it all comes down to if he tries to maximize his money. I could see a team maybe giving him 3 years closer to $5-6M. It would be dumb, but if a team offers that he’d probably take it. It’s a very weird situation, because he’s clearly playing like a top 6 winger, but no doubt his history will limit any contract offers.
Minimont, CD282 and Timmah007 liked this.
Feb. 18, 2022 at 11:52 a.m.
Xercuses
Cp is not for sale if you were to put a move for him Bouchard is a starting point I feel
I’d say Bouchard 2022 first 2023 first for CP probably
Feb. 18, 2022 at 11:55 a.m.
Jones is Underpaid
Some crazy expectations if think Holland would entertain one of Holloway or broberg in that conversation. Easy non starter for Edmonton best of luck with the next team try to make a deal with.

Well, then you're not getting Hagel. There have been offers for him of a 1st and a top prospect that have been turned down by Davidson due to his gritty play and AMAZING cap hit. He alone would get one of Holloway or Broberg and a 1st if Edmonton were to get him.
Feb. 18, 2022 at 11:57 a.m.
Quoting: Bringer_Of_Snow
As much as I hated the Ceci deal when signed, he has been good with the oilers. He’s the only defensive minded RHD we have. Still a little ridiculous he got 4 years, but don’t see him going anywhere.

Whether Keith plays or not is entirely up to him. Ideally he retires, giving the oilers more cap space, then we just give him an office “scouting” job. But given the pedigree of his career, he may stick around. He plays pretty scared, always avoiding physical contact, but not really up the oilers if he retires or not. He for sure won’t be traded anywhere as he had control of that too.

Both Fleury and Hagel are going to cost a lot and doesn’t make sense for the oilers to target. Fleury is a UFA and is 37,… on any given night, Smith/Skinner could play better. Are you really interested in paying a 1st for like 10-15 starts out of him?

Same goes for Chiarot. Going to get a 1st, doesn’t make sense for the oilers to overpay for rentals.

Parayko with his new deal would be a dream. No reason for Blues to ever entertain moving him.

With Barries deal just signed and how he seems to be great friends with the core, I don’t see him getting moved. He is a great puck mover and the emergence of Bouchard doesn’t mean you just dump him. He has looked great with his reduced minutes and Woody so I expect him to stick around.

Kane’s off-season will be very interesting. From how he’s played so far, oilers should absolutely want to bring him back. But anything more than a 2 year deal at like $4M AAV would make me very nervous. I think it all comes down to if he tries to maximize his money. I could see a team maybe giving him 3 years closer to $5-6M. It would be dumb, but if a team offers that he’d probably take it. It’s a very weird situation, because he’s clearly playing like a top 6 winger, but no doubt his history will limit any contract offers.

Gotta say thanks for adding that about Barrie absolutely 100% agree with it and find it a real shame how much abuse he gets on this site. Also respect the fact he turned down bigger money to come here in the first place just to have an incredible season then resign for less than he was offered before coming here. Fans should respect that type of stuff it’s not often it happens for Edmonton.
Bringer_Of_Snow, Minimont and CD282 liked this.
Feb. 18, 2022 at 11:59 a.m.
Well, then you're not getting Hagel. There have been offers for him of a 1st and a top prospect that have been turned down by Davidson due to his gritty play and AMAZING cap hit. He alone would get one of Holloway or Broberg and a 1st if Edmonton were to get him.

Maybe another team but oilers won’t include Holloway or broberg in that type of move. Be an absolute non starter for them.
CD282 liked this.
Feb. 18, 2022 at 12:00 p.m.
Bringer_Of_Snow

Chicago Blackhawks

Brandon Hagel

Edmonton Oilers

Philip Broberg
Dylan Holloway
Kyle Turris
Mikko Koskinen

Oh boy….

I don’t disagree that Fleury and Hagel would get a 1st rounder each… but both Holloway and Broberg are worth way more than a mid 1st round pick given where they are in their development. Then you add another 1st and a 2nd? This is objectively overvaluing those guys.

Value aside, Fleury doesn’t make any sense for the oilers to target. He’s 37 and with Smith and Skinner still starting games, he’s going to start like 10-15 games before he’s a UFA. He isn’t a solution to the oilers goalie problems. And this point in his career, he’s either looking for a place to chase a ring or settle with his family. Edmonton is not the place. We haven’t won a playoff game since 2017. Given that he has a say of where he wants to go, I really hope these proposals to Edmonton just stop. If you think about the deal for 1 second from both the oilers and from Fleurys perspective, you’ll see it makes no sense at all.

Hagel to the oilers would be nice and he’s considered this years Coleman/Goodrow type player. With his output this year, he’s worth a 1st.
Timmah007 and CD282 liked this.
Feb. 18, 2022 at 12:06 p.m.
Jones is Underpaid
Oh boy….

I don’t disagree that Fleury and Hagel would get a 1st rounder each… but both Holloway and Broberg are worth way more than a mid 1st round pick given where they are in their development. Then you add another 1st and a 2nd? This is objectively overvaluing those guys.

Value aside, Fleury doesn’t make any sense for the oilers to target. He’s 37 and with Smith and Skinner still starting games, he’s going to start like 10-15 games before he’s a UFA. He isn’t a solution to the oilers goalie problems. And this point in his career, he’s either looking for a place to chase a ring or settle with his family. Edmonton is not the place. We haven’t won a playoff game since 2017. Given that he has a say of where he wants to go, I really hope these proposals to Edmonton just stop. If you think about the deal for 1 second from both the oilers and from Fleurys perspective, you’ll see it makes no sense at all.

Hagel to the oilers would be nice and he’s considered this years Coleman/Goodrow type player. With his output this year, he’s worth a 1st.

I partially agree, tbh. I don't think Fleury makes sense for the Oilers, they should just take this year to re-tool and come back with a better goalie next year.

As for Hagel. I can understand why people don't want to pay that for him. The point is that the Hawks won't accept anything less due to Hagel's gritty play and cap hit. He's cap controlled and made for people who want to contend now. Is it an overpay? Yeah. But is it a justified overpay? Yes, as well.

Probably would be one of those two + a 1st. But I understand some people aren't willing to pay that.
Bringer_Of_Snow and Timmah007 liked this.
Feb. 18, 2022 at 12:06 p.m.
Bringer_Of_Snow

He’s not getting a 1st and top prospect like Holloway. Don’t be ridiculous.
I’ve heard that teams have offered a 1st already. Where have you heard a 1st and top prospect? But you need to understand a team like Tampa/Florida offering a 1st is in the 25-32 range.
A 1st from the oilers is in he 15-25 range. Adding a top prospect on top of that is pushing it.
Hagel has played less than 100 games. Do you really think he’s worth a Holloway level prospect more than Toffoli (who is a consistent producer, Stanley cup champ, also on a good deal with term)?
Again, I think Hagel is a great player with a 1st from a cup competing team. Once you start adding A+ prospects it just becomes unrealistic
Feb. 18, 2022 at 12:08 p.m.
Jones is Underpaid
He’s not getting a 1st and top prospect like Holloway. Don’t be ridiculous.
I’ve heard that teams have offered a 1st already. Where have you heard a 1st and top prospect? But you need to understand a team like Tampa/Florida offering a 1st is in the 25-32 range.
A 1st from the oilers is in he 15-25 range. Adding a top prospect on top of that is pushing it.
Hagel has played less than 100 games. Do you really think he’s worth a Holloway level prospect more than Toffoli (who is a consistent producer, Stanley cup champ, also on a good deal with term)?
Again, I think Hagel is a great player with a 1st from a cup competing team. Once you start adding A+ prospects it just becomes unrealistic

Yeah, refer to my last post, which I see you've already liked. Again, I understand that people don't want to pay that much.
Feb. 18, 2022 at 12:15 p.m.
Bringer_Of_Snow
Gotta say thanks for adding that about Barrie absolutely 100% agree with it and find it a real shame how much abuse he gets on this site. Also respect the fact he turned down bigger money to come here in the first place just to have an incredible season then resign for less than he was offered before coming here. Fans should respect that type of stuff it’s not often it happens for Edmonton.

I will defend Barrie to bitter end hahaha.

This franchise was dying for a RHD puck mover for the last decade. Barrie is exactly that and literally lead the league in points by a dman. This season when we lost Larsson, Tipp was playing him 25 mins a night with Nurse… he was without a doubt out of his Element there. The most common criticism from fans is that with the “emergence of Bouchard”, he no longer has value. That is straight up stupid. Is there a rule saying you can’t have more than 1 puck mover on your blue line? What happens when one of them gets hurt? Playing Russell in the top 4 is currently the fix for that haha. It’s even more ridiculous when you saw how poorly Bouchard played defensively when he was given the top Pairing minutes with Nurse. Woodcroft moving Ceci into that top role, while dialling back Barrie and Bouchards minute made a huge improvement. No doubt Ceci isn’t a top pairing dman, but given his simple style of defensive play, he handles those minutes a whole lot better than the other two. And just as you pointed out, he took less money to stay. 3 years at $4.5M is not even close to an overpay for what he brings. Nice to see someone else here who’s got his back haha
Feb. 18, 2022 at 12:26 p.m.

This franchise was dying for a RHD puck mover for the last decade. Barrie is exactly that and literally lead the league in points by a dman. This season when we lost Larsson, Tipp was playing him 25 mins a night with Nurse… he was without a doubt out of his Element there. The most common criticism from fans is that with the “emergence of Bouchard”, he no longer has value. That is straight up stupid. Is there a rule saying you can’t have more than 1 puck mover on your blue line? What happens when one of them gets hurt? Playing Russell in the top 4 is currently the fix for that haha. It’s even more ridiculous when you saw how poorly Bouchard played defensively when he was given the top Pairing minutes with Nurse. Woodcroft moving Ceci into that top role, while dialling back Barrie and Bouchards minute made a huge improvement. No doubt Ceci isn’t a top pairing dman, but given his simple style of defensive play, he handles those minutes a whole lot better than the other two. And just as you pointed out, he took less money to stay. 3 years at $4.5M is not even close to an overpay for what he brings. Nice to see someone else here who’s got his back haha

Agree 500%. Find funny how everyone pokes at him as being defensively dumb but I’d caution that too and suggest looking back to the series against the jets he played a ton of minutes wanna say around 60 in the final game that went to triple overtime. When it matters he can be very good in that way during the season I want him thinking offence first all the time it just matches his strengths and helps the team more. The only issue I have right now with him is seeing him with nurse on the second unit pp I think the reason for that is the coach recognizes he is better today than Bouchard and gives that second unit a better chance other fans might disagree but I’d go back to loading up that first unit and they get the first minute to make something happen before the kids get a crack at the second half. I do like seeing a second unit so won’t be hard on woodcroft decisions there. He’s done a terrific job overall.
CD282 liked this.
Feb. 18, 2022 at 12:38 p.m.

Count me in too. nod
Timmah007 liked this.
Feb. 18, 2022 at 12:41 p.m.
Quoting: Minimont
It’s more of a two part thing, just want to know what players do you guys think is available and would fit!

A flower+ hagel package needs to include Holloway
Feb. 18, 2022 at 12:44 p.m.
Nuggy to Draisaitl

I guess we can live with what we have then
Minimont liked this.
Feb. 18, 2022 at 1:27 p.m.

Holland won't include Holloway or Broberg in that deal. And negotiating with a Habs fan doesn't count.
Wadejos123 liked this.
Feb. 18, 2022 at 1:32 p.m.

What do you mean by "gritty play"?
Feb. 18, 2022 at 1:36 p.m.
Quoting: CD282
Holland won't include Holloway or Broberg in that deal. And negotiating with a Habs fan doesn't count.

Doesn't have to include them but that just means he won't get Hagel. At a minimum for those two it would be Bourgault and a 1st

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll