SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

If taking Cooley 1st is wrong I don’t wanna be Wright

If taking Cooley 1st is wrong I don’t wanna be Wright

Draft Class: 2022
Created By: NHLfan10506
Published: Feb. 18, 2022 at 10:03 p.m.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the New York IslandersNew York Islanders (8→1)
  2. Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsColumbus Blue Jackets (10→2)
Feb. 19, 2022 at 12:07 a.m.
Funny title... realistic idea

Sometimes 1st or 2nd overall seems like a guarantee but you never know

There are plenty of examples of that the past couple of years or a decade ago.
Feb. 19, 2022 at 6:30 a.m.
Kemell at 15? I can get putting him around the 5-10 range but that seems a bit excessive, Wright’s still at 1 imo because his ceiling is with the best of the class but his floor is arguably higher than the rest of them, sets him apart from them by that
Feb. 20, 2022 at 10:32 a.m.
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Kemell at 15? I can get putting him around the 5-10 range but that seems a bit excessive, Wright’s still at 1 imo because his ceiling is with the best of the class but his floor is arguably higher than the rest of them, sets him apart from them by that

I think Wright's ceiling is the problem in many ways. Where he was once seen as potential 1C...it now sounds like scouts see him as more of a 2C. Cooley and Savoie, should they adapt, grow, develop, have the offensive skillsets to be a 1C.
Feb. 20, 2022 at 12:11 p.m.
Quoting: NHLfan10506
I think Wright's ceiling is the problem in many ways. Where he was once seen as potential 1C...it now sounds like scouts see him as more of a 2C. Cooley and Savoie, should they adapt, grow, develop, have the offensive skillsets to be a 1C.

Imo they all have 1c ceiling, Wright’s just the safer bet imo, however, I can get the argument that Cooley or Savoie ( especially Savoie ) might have a higher offensive ceiling than Wright
Saskleaf liked this.
Feb. 22, 2022 at 12:55 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: NHLfan10506

Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Imo they all have 1c ceiling, Wright’s just the safer bet imo, however, I can get the argument that Cooley or Savoie ( especially Savoie ) might have a higher offensive ceiling than Wright

I'm not an expert in these guys, but it seems to me that while Wright ceiling is not really that high, his floor is.
Feb. 22, 2022 at 12:57 p.m.
Quoting: Saskleaf
I'm not an expert in these guys, but it seems to me that while Wright ceiling is not really that high, his floor is.

The reason Wright is still 1 on so many boards is that his ceiling is a high as the players around him but his floor is higher
Saskleaf liked this.
Feb. 22, 2022 at 1:09 p.m.
Quoting: Saskleaf

I would agree. High floor because he does a lot of things well. Low ceiling because offense isn’t quite there.

If you read Bob McKenzie’s mid-term write up, he said that most scouts saw Wright as more of a 2C now.

I think Cooley is still rising and the most likely to pass Wright. But I am largely basing that off of what I have read from McKenzie, from Dan Marr (saying its 50/50 for #1 overall), and draft experts, some of whom have already moved Cooley into #1 slot.
Saskleaf liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll