SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/New York Islanders

John Tavares Thing

Apr. 11, 2017 at 8:38 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
So John Tavares says that he wants to re-sign with the islanders, but i think what he's really saying is that he hopes they offer him a LOT of money. So i think he's pretty much saying that if everyone offered him the same amount of money, he would pick to sign with the islanders, but he would just go for the most money. So i think he's saying that he hopes he can get the money he wants AND he hopes he gets to stay with the islanders. But the thing is, there are 2 more things that could stop him from re-signing. Well there's more than two, but two main ones:

1 - Garth Snow is the GM, and i really think that could stop them from re-signing John Tavares
2 - He's from near Toronto. That could make him want to sign with the Maple Leafs.

Does anyone else have any idea what's going on?
Apr. 11, 2017 at 11:11 p.m.
Are you so foolish to believe what a player says to the media. Of course he isn't going to say I "want out." JT is negotiating in public. He's telling the Isles to step this summer (which the Isles already know.)
You are incorrect when you say there are two main things to stop him from resigning with the Isles.
1. Yes is the Isles
2 to 31 are the other NHL teams
32. John Tavares, and JT is the number one reason.
I really don't think the Leafs have the cap or desire to sign JT. They will stick with their own guys. One team that intrigues me is Carolina. They need a centre and have cap space. Would they pull the trigger?
St Louis might have cap space when Statsny departs. Maybe the Sharks, if they keep cap space available for 2018.
Apr. 11, 2017 at 11:54 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: orignalsix
Are you so foolish to believe what a player says to the media. Of course he isn't going to say I "want out." JT is negotiating in public. He's telling the Isles to step this summer (which the Isles already know.)
You are incorrect when you say there are two main things to stop him from resigning with the Isles.
1. Yes is the Isles
2 to 31 are the other NHL teams
32. John Tavares, and JT is the number one reason.

I really don't think the Leafs have the cap or desire to sign JT. They will stick with their own guys. One team that intrigues me is Carolina. They need a centre and have cap space. Would they pull the trigger?
St Louis might have cap space when Statsny departs. Maybe the Sharks, if they keep cap space available for 2018.

I don't understand the 1st half of this comment, so i can't answer.
trickydick55 liked this.
Apr. 12, 2017 at 1:27 a.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
So John Tavares says that he wants to re-sign with the islanders, but i think what he's really saying is that he hopes they offer him a LOT of money. So i think he's pretty much saying that if everyone offered him the same amount of money, he would pick to sign with the islanders, but he would just go for the most money. So i think he's saying that he hopes he can get the money he wants AND he hopes he gets to stay with the islanders. But the thing is, there are 2 more things that could stop him from re-signing. Well there's more than two, but two main ones:

1 - Garth Snow is the GM, and i really think that could stop them from re-signing John Tavares
2 - He's from near Toronto. That could make him want to sign with the Maple Leafs.

He wants to remain on long island. He has made it clear for the last 7 years how much he loves it here. he also said he wants the contract to be settled before the season starts. That being said he needs some assurances

1- he wants to know that the arena situation will be settled swiftly (my guess is they end up going back to NVMC for about 5 years and a new arena is built at belmont, unless NVMC can add more seats)
2- that Doug weight stays on (this is the trickiest of all. it will be hard to bring in a new GM/Pres who wont want to bring in their own coach)
3- he wants to know what plans they have to bring in the remaining pieces they need to take that next step. this should be fairly easy as I suspect they will end up getting duchene and make a move to bring in a good veteran winger (vanek or the like) on a short term deal while barzal, Dal colle, and bellows develop.

If they make these assurances and offer him the 8.5 -9 million/7 yrs he deserves he will be back with the team.
Apr. 12, 2017 at 1:35 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: trickydick55
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

He wants to remain on long island. He has made it clear for the last 7 years how much he loves it here. he also said he wants the contract to be settled before the season starts. That being said he needs some assurances

1- he wants to know that the arena situation will be settled swiftly (my guess is they end up going back to NVMC for about 5 years and a new arena is built at belmont, unless NVMC can add more seats)
2- that Doug weight stays on (this is the trickiest of all. it will be hard to bring in a new GM/Pres who wont want to bring in their own coach)
3- he wants to know what plans they have to bring in the remaining pieces they need to take that next step. this should be fairly easy as I suspect they will end up getting duchene and make a move to bring in a good veteran winger (vanek or the like) on a short term deal while barzal, Dal colle, and bellows develop.

If they make these assurances and offer him the 8.5 -9 million/7 yrs he deserves he will be back with the team.

Yeah, i think where they play could be a big part in whether we re-signs or not.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll