SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-22 NHL Discussion Thread #16

Feb. 25, 2022 at 11:17 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: aadoyle
Dont think I have seen multiple double hat tricks in a season in a long time.

First one this year --> Rust + Rodrigues for Pittsburgh Jan 2, 2022

Second one --> Hagel + Kane for Chicago February 25, 2022

I guess today is hat trick day...

Landeskog just got one

Also Rip Wpg it was 3-0 lul
Feb. 25, 2022 at 11:19 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Dont think I have seen multiple double hat tricks in a season in a long time.

First one this year --> Rust + Rodrigues for Pittsburgh Jan 2, 2022

Second one --> Hagel + Kane for Chicago February 25, 2022

The fact that the Devils allowed EIGHT goals is depressing
Feb. 25, 2022 at 11:28 p.m.
Go leafs go
In general if we cant get him apparently we are looking at other options including 3 guys from CBJ (Domi, Texier, Roslavic). Other than them guys like Stasney and Copp have also been looked into along with JT Miller lul. Plenty of options but no idea who its gonna be.

Kind of hoping its not Domi as that to me will be a Foligno moment minus the big cost "oh my daddy was a leaf"....

Texier or Copp would be nice though.

Honestly I’m hoping for Miller, now that Muzz is on LTIR. He’s the best forward on the trade market save for maybe Forsberg, and he’s not a rental. He’ll cost a fortune to acquire though. The options you named are all very intriguing. I’m looking forward to the TDL.
Feb. 25, 2022 at 11:29 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Saskleaf
Honestly I’m hoping for Miller, now that Muzz is on LTIR. He’s the best forward on the trade market save for maybe Forsberg, and he’s not a rental. He’ll cost a fortune to acquire though. The options you named are all very intriguing. I’m looking forward to the TDL.

Miller is gonna be so expensive. Like its gonna be bigger than the Muzzin trade and if Muzzin returns no way to keep Miller beyond this season...

So its nice in fantasy but on paper and reality almost impossible
Saskleaf liked this.
Feb. 25, 2022 at 11:33 p.m.
Go leafs go
Miller is gonna be so expensive. Like its gonna be bigger than the Muzzin trade and if Muzzin returns no way to keep Miller beyond this season...

So its nice in fantasy but on paper and reality almost impossible

Ya. Miller seems like the perfect guy until you consider that he’ll cost a fortune. Hagel and Texier would be nice cheap (as in cap hit, though they’d be cheaper than Miller) adds. I would say Copp, but I just realized he’s a pending UFA instead of an RFA, so not crazy about adding him unless he’s cheap.
aadoyle liked this.
Feb. 25, 2022 at 11:37 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Feb. 25, 2022 at 11:42 p.m.
Ya. Miller seems like the perfect guy until you consider that he’ll cost a fortune. Hagel and Texier would be nice cheap (as in cap hit, though they’d be cheaper than Miller) adds. I would say Copp, but I just realized he’s a pending UFA instead of an RFA, so not crazy about adding him unless he’s cheap.

Could have had him and McDonagh in what would have been an armed robbery back in 2018 but Lou was to reserved compared to how he is now with the Islanders.

If we had Islanders Lou he would have made the Miller + McDonagh trade in a heartbeat and it would have not costed us anything of huge significance except the first round pick lul.

But as of now despite being perfect hes to expensive to be worth it rn.
Saskleaf liked this.
Feb. 25, 2022 at 11:42 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
NHL Rumors
Preds don't want to go into the TDL without Filip Forsberg extension. Forsberg is looking for 8-9M with NMC - EF
Dubas doesn't want to trade Leafs 1st, Robertson, Knies, Niemela, or Abruzzese - EF
Flyers interested in Petry. Flyers want to try to contend, not rebuild (WTF are they doing). Ristolainen wants to go to a playoff team - EF
Devils in the market for a goalie (Get Jon Gillies out of here) - LeBrun
Power to Buffalo once NCAA season ends - EF
Coyotes untouchables: Gostibehere, Crouse, Keller, Vejmelka, Schmaltz, Moser - EF
Columbus asking for 1sr and roster player for Texier - Seravalli
zk97 liked this.
Feb. 25, 2022 at 11:48 p.m.
Go leafs go
Could have had him and McDonagh in what would have been an armed robbery back in 2018 but Lou was to reserved compared to how he is now with the Islanders.

If we had Islanders Lou he would have made the Miller + McDonagh trade in a heartbeat and it would have not costed us anything of huge significance except the first round pick lul.

In theory having the Tampa trade happen for Toronto sounds great. But in actuality, we couldn’t afford the extra 6 mil (5 mil for JT and 1 mil for having McDonough over Muzzin). This probably means no other JT. Tavares is a better player right now I’d say. Though it might mean Kadri stays… then again it could also mean all depth is gone. And of course it would have costed the leafs Sandin (2018 first) and more (but then again they would have Bjornfoot). I don’t know whether the team would be better or worse at the end of the day. Probably slightly better.
Feb. 25, 2022 at 11:49 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Devil
NHL Rumors
Preds don't want to go into the TDL without Filip Forsberg extension. Forsberg is looking for 8-9M with NMC - EF
Dubas doesn't want to trade Leafs 1st, Robertson, Knies, Niemela, or Abruzzese - EF
Flyers interested in Petry. Flyers want to try to contend, not rebuild (WTF are they doing). Ristolainen wants to go to a playoff team - EF
Devils in the market for a goalie (Get Jon Gillies out of here) - LeBrun
Power to Buffalo once NCAA season ends - EF
Coyotes untouchables: Gostibehere, Crouse, Keller, Vejmelka, Schmaltz, Moser - EF
Columbus asking for 1sr and roster player for Texier - Seravalli

Would add for the Toronto part Dubas doesnt want to trade their 1st or Robertson for a rental as they will look at trading one or both just not for a rental. As that was the main message for that part.

Niemela and Knies were the main untouchables as lets be honest they to good to move rn.

Abruzzese really wasnt officially labelled as untouchable and so could be moveable. I know he went to the Olympics but at the right price I would move him as he is the older guy of the bunch. Amirov isnt on the list as nobody wants him rn due to his medical problems and if he was healthy probs an untouchable as his debut whenever it happens will be inspiring.
Feb. 25, 2022 at 11:50 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Feb. 25, 2022 at 11:55 p.m.
In theory having the Tampa trade happen for Toronto sounds great. But in actuality, we couldn’t afford the extra 6 mil (5 mil for JT and 1 mil for having McDonough over Muzzin). This probably means no other JT. Tavares is a better player right now I’d say. Though it might mean Kadri stays… then again it could also mean all depth is gone. And of course it would have costed the leafs Sandin (2018 first) and more (but then again they would have Bjornfoot). I don’t know whether the team would be better or worse at the end of the day. Probably slightly better.

With Lou's negotiation skills probs would have got the cost reduced lul

And actually we could as the leafs at the time had 13.8 mill in cap space as all the kids were on ELC's

So easily give them their extensions as with no 11mill JT who knows how much Marner and Matthews would have asked for. So many possibilities and paths would have been open. But man I made the team and it was scary.

Imagine

JVR-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Bozak-Marner
Miller-Kadri-Brown
Hyman-Moore-Komarov

Rielly-Hainsey
McDonagh-Cole
Gardiner-Polak

Anderson
McElhinney

Extras: Rosen, Gauthier, Kapenan

(made it where Zaitsev never got a QA and left via FA only change I made replaced him via Cole trade which was a bargain at that TDL lul)
Feb. 25, 2022 at 11:58 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Rip Vegas

Guess getting Eichel cursed them more so than helped them lul
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Feb. 25, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
Jack Eichel couldn’t score against the Coyotes?Cmon man
EsoYeezus69 and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Feb. 26, 2022 at 12:01 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Db1899
Jack Eichel couldn’t score against the Coyotes?Cmon man

Why Vegas is playing him on the wing vs. center is the real question. And why is Stephenson still on the first line lul

Should be Pacioretty-Eichel-Dadonov till Stone returns.

Deboar running them into the ground along with their ass PP coach
Feb. 26, 2022 at 12:01 a.m.
Speak of the Devil

Best team in the desert and the poverty Vegas Golden Knights
MatthewsFan, EsoYeezus69, oilersguy and 3 others liked this.
Feb. 26, 2022 at 12:04 a.m.
Why Vegas is playing him on the wing vs. center is the real question. And why is Stephenson still on the first line lul

Should be Pacioretty-Eichel-Dadonov till Stone returns.

Deboar running them into the ground along with their ass PP coach

They had him centering Pacioretty and Stephenson for 6:50 and then they had him on the wing with Roy as center for 6:08. Weird
aadoyle liked this.
Feb. 26, 2022 at 12:04 a.m.

Can’t believe I bet on VGK to win
Feb. 26, 2022 at 12:05 a.m.
What in tarnation

I lowkey like the name Vegas Poverty Knights.
MatthewsFan liked this.
Feb. 26, 2022 at 12:07 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
They had him centering Pacioretty and Stephenson for 6:50 and then they had him on the wing with Roy as center for 6:08. Weird

As mentioned above he should center Pacioretty and Dadonov till Stone comes back. That would be a perfect 1st line Stephenson can play 3rd line with Roy and Janmark

So basically rn

Paci-Eichel-Dadonov
March-Karlsson-Smith
Janmark-Stephenson-Roy
Carrier-Howden-Kolesar

Then when Stone returns

Paci-Eichel-Stone
March-Karl-Smith
Jan-Steph-Dadonov
Carrier-Howden-Roy
Feb. 26, 2022 at 12:12 a.m.
As mentioned above he should center Pacioretty and Dadonov till Stone comes back. That would be a perfect 1st line Stephenson can play 3rd line with Roy and Janmark

So basically rn

Paci-Eichel-Dadonov
March-Karlsson-Smith
Janmark-Stephenson-Roy
Carrier-Howden-Kolesar

Then when Stone returns

Paci-Eichel-Stone
March-Karl-Smith
Jan-Steph-Dadonov
Carrier-Howden-Roy

They had pacioretty-Eichel-Dadonov in Eichels 1st game, I have no idea why they switched it up
Feb. 26, 2022 at 12:17 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
They had pacioretty-Eichel-Dadonov in Eichels 1st game, I have no idea why they switched it up

Guess Deboar being stubborn again. Like if Eichel is not with Paci and Stone come playoffs god help the Knights lul
Db1899 liked this.
Feb. 26, 2022 at 12:19 a.m.
What in tarnation
Would be an absolute meme if Vegas drops out of playoffs.

After all, Dallas, Edmonton and Anaheim are only three points behind them with one game less played. Kings have already passed them.
aadoyle, EsoYeezus69, Saskleaf and 2 others liked this.
Feb. 26, 2022 at 12:22 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: justaBoss
Would be an absolute meme if Vegas drops out of playoffs.

After all, Dallas, Edmonton and Anaheim are only three points behind them with one game less played. Kings have already passed them.

Of those Anaheim does not have games in hand though (played 2 more than Vegas and will be 3 points behind once the game with the kings is over)

So of those Edmonton and Dallas are the only real threats rn. Dallas and Edmonton are tied for the last WC so its gonna be a blood bath lul.

But hey the more they lose the more WhiteCloud to Toronto has the potential to happen come the offseason wink
Saskleaf liked this.
Feb. 26, 2022 at 12:26 a.m.
What in tarnation
Of those Anaheim does not have games in hand though (played 2 more than Vegas and will be 3 points behind once the game with the kings is over)

So of those Edmonton and Dallas are the only real threats rn. Dallas and Edmonton are tied for the last WC so its gonna be a blood bath lul.

But hey the more they lose the more WhiteCloud to Toronto has the potential to happen wink

Bruh it won't, Whitecloud is actually one of those VGK will never trade. That contract is just way too good.

But I lowkey want VGK to drop behind EDM and DAL. Would be amazing.
EsoYeezus69, oilersguy, A_Habs_fan and 2 others liked this.
Feb. 26, 2022 at 12:30 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: justaBoss
Bruh it won't, Whitecloud is actually one of those VGK will never trade. That contract is just way too good.

But I lowkey want VGK to drop behind EDM and DAL. Would be amazing.

Vegas be trading everyone these past few years. Even the ones on stupid good deals or ELC's. Watch them trade Cloud because their GM wants Klingberg during the offseason

As it seems they run their team on an infinity cap these days and want all the big toyz lul
zk97 liked this.
Feb. 26, 2022 at 12:33 a.m.
What in tarnation
Vegas be trading everyone these days. Even the ones on stupid good deals. Watch them trade Cloud because their GM wants Klingberg during the offseason

As it seems they run their team on an infinity cap these days and want all the big toyz lul

I still very much doubt it but all credit to you if it happens.

That being said, seeing the list of assets Leafs don't want to move, they don't really have anything to offer here.
aadoyle, Saskleaf and yikes liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll