SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Winnipeg Jets

Goaltending

Apr. 12, 2017 at 5:19 p.m.
Oh Canada
Obviously goaltending was a huge issue this year and though the future looks bright (Helley, Comrie, Philipps, Berdin) we need someone to give us at least average goaltending right now, who do y'all want and why?
Apr. 13, 2017 at 2:21 a.m.
Sensible Commentary
we talkin' through free agency or trades?

I do have one interesting suggestion: Calvin Pickard. Joe Sakic has apparently indicated that he's protecting Semyon Varlamov, which is a, uh... curious position to take. If Kevin Cheveldayoff ever gets up off his keister and makes a trade (which he's done a grand total of 3 times in the past 2 seasons), there's a deal that's waiting to be taken advantage of. Sure, he's got a .904 in 50 games this year, but it's the Avalanche: a save percentage of above .900's pretty good in context.
Apr. 14, 2017 at 12:56 a.m.
Oh Canada
Quoting: DragonRaptorHybrid
we talkin' through free agency or trades?

I do have one interesting suggestion: Calvin Pickard. Joe Sakic has apparently indicated that he's protecting Semyon Varlamov, which is a, uh... curious position to take. If Kevin Cheveldayoff ever gets up off his keister and makes a trade (which he's done a grand total of 3 times in the past 2 seasons), there's a deal that's waiting to be taken advantage of. Sure, he's got a .904 in 50 games this year, but it's the Avalanche: a save percentage of above .900's pretty good in context.

Either free agency or trade.

Yea we could bring home a Manitoba boy in Pickard but I've been thinking that a goalie who is good at playing the puck could help us defend less and our d are pretty good at transitioning so someone like Lehtonen maybe might fit.
Apr. 14, 2017 at 1:53 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Probably could get Halak for cheap with some salary retained
Apr. 20, 2017 at 2:54 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I think Hellebyuck is ready to be a main NHL starter
May 6, 2017 at 4:47 a.m.
Mr.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I think Hellebyuck is ready to be a main NHL starter

He's already a starter. What more than 53 starts & 56 games played do you need?
Jul. 7, 2017 at 8:30 p.m.
Things should be better in net having Steve Mason who catches right wink... Getting rid of Pavelec was a major plus to say the least smile. Their other guys were decent so probably one will get traded or walk away from arbitration hearing if he gets too much. Was surprised they didn't lose somebody to Vegas like Hutchinson, expect they will go with Mason/Hellebyuck for their duo... They got a real chance to make the Playoffs so wouldn't take them for granted smile.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll