Can we Take Down Pittsburgh?

Can we beat the Penguins?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jun. 11, 2017 at 8:06 a.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: krakowitz
Quoting: DarylthePony

Hey krakowitz, have you ever heard of hyperbole? A little something I was using there, so stop taking everything so seriously. nod

I know he didn't actually murder us, I'm not stupid.

But you actually think that Crosby played well in the series? Malkin was the only reason that team had anything going offensively most of the series. Crosby did nothing.

That's because you players physically abused him. But I was using hyperbole, stop taking everything everyone says seriously.
Jun. 12, 2017 at 11:47 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: krakowitz

I know he didn't actually murder us, I'm not stupid.

But you actually think that Crosby played well in the series? Malkin was the only reason that team had anything going offensively most of the series. Crosby did nothing.

That's because you players physically abused him. But I was using hyperbole, stop taking everything everyone says seriously.

I'll talk to my agent about it
Jun. 13, 2017 at 3:15 p.m.
get ur corsi up
He scored 2 goals, and 5 assists. Wouldn't call that "nothing". Also remember Washington had their best guys on him, so Crosby had a harder time than Malkin. However, yes Malkin did do more in that particular series. But I wouldn't say Crosby did "nothing".
Jun. 13, 2017 at 4:18 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
He scored 2 goals, and 5 assists. Wouldn't call that "nothing". Also remember Washington had their best guys on him, so Crosby had a harder time than Malkin. However, yes Malkin did do more in that particular series. But I wouldn't say Crosby did "nothing".

Looking at numbers doesn't do a justice at all. The two goals that he scored were plays he didn't touch the puck until he shot it. Credit to him for finishing off a play, but he's not doing something worth praise there. Most of his assists in the series were either relatively simple plays, the exception being the one where he controlled the puck from behind is back, between his legs up to his stick. I give him credit, it's difficult to do at that speed. But outside of that one play, he really didn't do anything that is worthy of saying that he beat us, because quite frankly he wasn't the factor in the series.

And we didn't have Backstrom against him most of the time. Eller saw a lot of Crosby in the series as well, so I wouldn't say that we had our best guys on him either. At the end of the day, Malkin and Guentzel were the offensive driving forces in that series for them. Kessel did some too, but not to the extent of 71 and 59.
Jun. 13, 2017 at 5:03 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Again, I wasn't even serious when I said Crosby murdered you. Yes other factors played more substantial roles all I'm trying to say is, Crosby played not against your best, but your hardest (the guys that everyone hates unless your on their team, those kind of guys) and yes Malkin had a bigger role, but Crosby is that kind of player that even if he's not scoring he has an impact on his teammates, that's why he wears the C, and that's why he's the best player in the world (currently, McDavid will be soon).
Jul. 3, 2017 at 11:36 a.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
In my opinion Crosby is the best player on the pens, but i don't think he's the best in the league, i think he's the second best in the league (as i think Mcdavid is the best in the league).
And yes, i think the Caps can beat the pens, AND i think the pens could beat the caps.

On nhl.com i saw something where they picked who has the better one of these 7 things for each 1st round playoff matchup:
Forwards
Defence
Goaltending
Penalty Kill
Power Play
Leadership
Coaching

I give Washington 6 of those of those over Toronto in the 1st round (Toronto gets Coaching), and i think Washington beats Pittrbugh 7-0 in those categories. I think Washington has better forwards than Pittsburgh, better defence than Pittsburgh, better goaltending than Pittsburgh, better penalty kill than Pittsburgh, better power play than Pittsburgh, better coaching than Pittsburgh, and better leadership than Pittsburgh. But they're all pretty close i guess.

I HATE THE PENS WITH A PASSION
but Ovie isnt a great leader - Backstrom and Orpik are the only above average ones, plus the pens have Malkin, Crosby, MAF, Cullen, Kunitz, Letang as the leaders for the team. I also think Mike Sullivan is alot better than Trotz in my opinion.
Jul. 3, 2017 at 11:35 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: bixjohnson
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
In my opinion Crosby is the best player on the pens, but i don't think he's the best in the league, i think he's the second best in the league (as i think Mcdavid is the best in the league).
And yes, i think the Caps can beat the pens, AND i think the pens could beat the caps.

On nhl.com i saw something where they picked who has the better one of these 7 things for each 1st round playoff matchup:
Forwards
Defence
Goaltending
Penalty Kill
Power Play
Leadership
Coaching

I give Washington 6 of those of those over Toronto in the 1st round (Toronto gets Coaching), and i think Washington beats Pittrbugh 7-0 in those categories. I think Washington has better forwards than Pittsburgh, better defence than Pittsburgh, better goaltending than Pittsburgh, better penalty kill than Pittsburgh, better power play than Pittsburgh, better coaching than Pittsburgh, and better leadership than Pittsburgh. But they're all pretty close i guess.

I HATE THE PENS WITH A PASSION
but Ovie isnt a great leader - Backstrom and Orpik are the only above average ones, plus the pens have Malkin, Crosby, MAF, Cullen, Kunitz, Letang as the leaders for the team. I also think Mike Sullivan is alot better than Trotz in my opinion.

There is absolutely no way to try and question Ovi's leadership since we aren't in that locker room, we don't know him the way the players and management do. Nor is their any way to value the leadership that Backstrom and Orpik bring, because we aren't in the locker room with them. Does it seem like Ovi is the right leader? No it doesn't. But we can't try and argue that one way or another. The on-ice result is what we see, not what happens in the locker room.

As far as the coaching goes, I will say that Sullivan seems to have a better system and get more out of his players, but he also has a group of players that can run his system very well. The system that Trotz has fits the players that the Caps have. Obviously when we lose to them in the playoffs, it seems that Sullivan is the much better coach, but there really is no way to justify this either when we dominate the series, but we lose games at the end of the day
Jul. 10, 2018 at 2:40 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Daryl
Tee hee, I love how confident you Caps fans were about your team. Tee hee, heart breaker.

I love how unconfident Caps fans were this year about their team ... and look what happened ...

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit