SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Boston Bruins

#3 Boston Bruins v. #2 Ottawa Senators: Playoff Series Thread

Apr. 13, 2017 at 11:54 a.m.
BreKel
The Boston Bruins currently have a 1-0 series lead on Ottawa after their 2-1 win last night (4/12/2017). This thread allows us, Bruins fans, to discuss the games as well as the series in general.
Apr. 13, 2017 at 4:03 p.m.
Good job buddy. I think this is great that they made separate threads for us. Great job Mods!
Apr. 13, 2017 at 6:27 p.m.
BreKel
If it can take off like a few other hockey fanboards, it'd be a cool element for the site. This place has been a godsend since Capgeek went down. Just need to get more people to join up.
Apr. 15, 2017 at 6:28 p.m.
BreKel
******* brutal loss. Winnable game with a 2 goal lead. Choked it away.
Apr. 18, 2017 at 11:20 a.m.
Quoting: BreKel

If we lose this series I will try to bring you to the dark side of the force. (Fire Bruce Cassidy) Actually not fire, but just demote him back to assistant coach. Even while missing 4 defenseman, we are the more talented team.
Apr. 18, 2017 at 2:05 p.m.
BreKel
Quoting: NobodyCares

If we lose this series I will try to bring you to the dark side of the force. (Fire Bruce Cassidy) Actually not fire, but just demote him back to assistant coach. Even while missing 4 defenseman, we are the more talented team.

Not sure how you can say the Bruins are more talented than Ottawa when the Bruins are icing JML, Morrow, Cross and a 19 year old kid for their 6 defenseman. Ottawa has the best player in the series in karlsson. Bruins best players aren't showing up. That's not on Cassidy. You're not going to be happy when Cassidy returns as coach....A position he has more than earned. You will not "bring me to the Dark Side," on him b/c I think you're out to lunch on Cassidy.
Apr. 18, 2017 at 2:26 p.m.

Not sure how you can say the Bruins are more talented than Ottawa when the Bruins are icing JML, Morrow, Cross and a 19 year old kid for their 6 defenseman. Ottawa has the best player in the series in karlsson. Bruins best players aren't showing up. That's not on Cassidy. You're not going to be happy when Cassidy returns as coach....A position he has more than earned. You will not "bring me to the Dark Side," on him b/c I think you're out to lunch on Cassidy.

Cassidy has not been a good coach and your argument is inadequate. Saying a team is better because they have the singular best player in the series is reserved to Basketball buddy. Theres 20 guys on each side and you're right our guys aren't showing up. The simple fact is that it isn't one guy not showing up, it's our whole team for whole periods.... that's on coaching pal, not sure how you can't comprehend the logic there, but it's clearly throwing you a curveball. Hopefully you ascend to the point where you can see the picture clearly, but as of right now you're up too close to the painting to see what's really going on. It's just a blur to you, but I've seen clearly how multiple guys aren't playing well for long stretches. This guy clearly doesn't have the room and I don't even think he demands the respect of the players. I personally can't comprehend Bruce's angle. Is he supposed to be a nurturing coach for the young guys? Is he supposed to light a fire under the squad? Is he the smartest guy in the room? Am I supposed to be scared of him if I was a player on his team? He doesn't really fit any of that criteria and I am completely and utterly unimpressed by him and his performance through three games. Maybe it's just a case where he got so much out of our guys down the stretch that they've got nothing in the tank left, but then how are they turning it on in other periods and playing great? I strongly feel it's the message he's sending and it's not always the right message.
Apr. 18, 2017 at 2:44 p.m.
BreKel

Cassidy has not been a good coach and your argument is inadequate. Saying a team is better because they have the singular best player in the series is reserved to Basketball buddy. Theres 20 guys on each side and you're right our guys aren't showing up. The simple fact is that it isn't one guy not showing up, it's our whole team for whole periods.... that's on coaching pal, not sure how you can't comprehend the logic there, but it's clearly throwing you a curveball. Hopefully you ascend to the point where you can see the picture clearly, but as of right now you're up too close to the painting to see what's really going on. It's just a blur to you, but I've seen clearly how multiple guys aren't playing well for long stretches. This guy clearly doesn't have the room and I don't even think he demands the respect of the players. I personally can't comprehend Bruce's angle. Is he supposed to be a nurturing coach for the young guys? Is he supposed to light a fire under the squad? Is he the smartest guy in the room? Am I supposed to be scared of him if I was a player on his team? He doesn't really fit any of that criteria and I am completely and utterly unimpressed by him and his performance through three games. Maybe it's just a case where he got so much out of our guys down the stretch that they've got nothing in the tank left, but then how are they turning it on in other periods and playing great? I strongly feel it's the message he's sending and it's not always the right message.

18-8-1 down the stretch and brought the team from missing the playoffs for a 3rd straight year, to finally making it but nah.... He's not a good coach. He got the team playing the way they should be again. Let's not act like the bruins are some powerhouse. They're not. They have very little depth. Their 3rd line is garbage. Spooner? He is awful 5v5 and needs to be traded in the off-season. Vatrano? Taken a huge step back this season...He may be a good bottom 6 option but he isn't right now. Schaller/Moore/Nash/Acciari are all 4th liners having to be used as a de-facto 3rd line because of how bad the actual 3rd line has been. Kuraly, barely NHL caliber. Beleskey has been awful and can't stay in the lineup. Cassidy has had to coach a series without his #2 centerman and very little NHL caliber defenseman. Yet, you scream he's not a good coach. Bruins are down 2-1 to Ottawa, and you're putting big blame on the coach?
Apr. 18, 2017 at 2:54 p.m.

18-8-1 down the stretch and brought the team from missing the playoffs for a 3rd straight year, to finally making it but nah.... He's not a good coach. He got the team playing the way they should be again. Let's not act like the bruins are some powerhouse. They're not. They have very little depth. Their 3rd line is garbage. Spooner? He is awful 5v5 and needs to be traded in the off-season. Vatrano? Taken a huge step back this season...He may be a good bottom 6 option but he isn't right now. Schaller/Moore/Nash/Acciari are all 4th liners having to be used as a de-facto 3rd line because of how bad the actual 3rd line has been. Kuraly, barely NHL caliber. Beleskey has been awful and can't stay in the lineup. Cassidy has had to coach a series without his #2 centerman and very little NHL caliber defenseman. Yet, you scream he's not a good coach. Bruins are down 2-1 to Ottawa, and you're putting big blame on the coach?

AHAHAH i counted this before you even wrote it, check my post on the other page.
Apr. 18, 2017 at 3:18 p.m.

AHAHAH i counted this before you even wrote it, check my post on the other page.

BreKel apparently you've never played organized sports. When everyones on the same page, and they all suck and they all underperform together, it's the coaches fault. Maybe you're of the opinion that nothing can ever be on the coach and he's just impervious to criticism, but I think that's totally wrong and outlandish. It's clear to me whats been happening because my mental capacity is 2 steps ahead of Bruce Cassidy, so I'm totally not impressed by this guy and think he deserves the title of "best coach in the AHL" You on the other hand, are 2 steps behind Cassidy, so you think he's great and you really believe he's the guy, despite his poor playoff performance so far. We are more talented than Ottawa, even without Krug and Carlo, we are still way freakin better. It's also funny you're like "boo hoo" we've lost 4 defenseman, when you know 2 of them basically suck anyways and are basically the same thing as the guys replacing them. I mean really? You think Collin Miller is better than McAvoy? Well jeez I guess we're gonna drop McAvoy from the lineup when Collin Miller gets healthy... just gotta make room for that upper level player Collin Miller. He'll have the top selling Jersey next season for sure. Just love Collin Miller. Adam McQuaid too! Those guys are just difference makers.... you couldn't literally take anyones #5-6 and place them in their spot, or else we may do better. We lost because Collin Miller and Adam McQuaid weren't out there making generically average plays all game. Certinally Liles and McAvoy aren't basically the same or better. We have 4 great defensemen out and that's even why we're losing, it sure isn't Bruce Cassidy and his intelligence level compared to Guy Boucher. It couldn't be Bruce's lack of feel for the game or ability to adapt and overcome. Lets just put this all on missing defenseman. In reality Mr. Brekel, their defense core has 2 turds on it as well. Chris Wideman? Mark Borowicki? Ben Harper? Frederick Claesson? those guys suck just as bad as Joe Morrow, JML and Cross. Don't make excuses for the coach, if he feels he has to let him make the excuses for himself. We are simply to judge him on what he does, not who we acquired and what players he can put on the ice. That would be evaluating ourselves and being like "hey you know we shoulda had a 9th defenseman who was better" His job is to make his players better and if you call period 2 of game 1 making the team better, then crap Brekel they must have been more drunk then when I started this rant buddy!

Lets just agree to disagree, but if he keeps having the entire team quit for entire periods, it just wouldn't be doing our jobs to keep him on board.
Apr. 18, 2017 at 5:17 p.m.
BreKel
BreKel apparently you've never played organized sports. When everyones on the same page, and they all suck and they all underperform together, it's the coaches fault. Maybe you're of the opinion that nothing can ever be on the coach and he's just impervious to criticism, but I think that's totally wrong and outlandish.

lmfao.....I love posts like this. Starting off with a insinuation that is 100% wrong. Hot move! You don't even make sense. When everyone is on the same page, and they all suck ....You're going to blame the coach for his player's just not being very good? What the **** kind of laughable point is that? If they're under-performing, that's on the coach? It's funny....The only players that are under-performing are Marchand, Bergeron, Pastrnak....Their key guys. I'd say Moore/Acciari/Nash/Morrow are over-performing for what they are. But coach doesn't credit for that? Just the negatives?

Quote:
It's clear to me whats been happening because my mental capacity is 2 steps ahead of Bruce Cassidy, so I'm totally not impressed by this guy and think he deserves the title of "best coach in the AHL" You on the other hand, are 2 steps behind Cassidy, so you think he's great and you really believe he's the guy, despite his poor playoff performance so far.

I guess you should be hired in the NHL then? Laughable when a fan makes claims like this. You're sitting on your ass on the couch/barstool/chair watching the games on TV and only what's shown on TV and he's on the bench actually doing it. So you'll throw out the team's performance in the regular season, where they could have faltered a few times after his hiring and not made the playoffs, but are quick to blame him for the playoffs not going well so far?

Quote:
We are more talented than Ottawa, even without Krug and Carlo, we are still way freakin better.

This is nothing more than an opinion. You're probably one of the few who thinks this steam is better than Ottawa without two of their top 4 defenseman though.

Quote:
It's also funny you're like "boo hoo" we've lost 4 defenseman, when you know 2 of them basically suck anyways and are basically the same thing as the guys replacing them. I mean really? You think Collin Miller is better than McAvoy? Well jeez I guess we're gonna drop McAvoy from the lineup when Collin Miller gets healthy... just gotta make room for that upper level player Collin Miller. He'll have the top selling Jersey next season for sure. Just love Collin Miller. Adam McQuaid too! Those guys are just difference makers.... you couldn't literally take anyones #5-6 and place them in their spot, or else we may do better. We lost because Collin Miller and Adam McQuaid weren't out there making generically average plays all game. Certinally Liles and McAvoy aren't basically the same or better. We have 4 great defensemen out and that's even why we're losing, it sure isn't Bruce Cassidy and his intelligence level compared to Guy Boucher. It couldn't be Bruce's lack of feel for the game or ability to adapt and overcome. Lets just put this all on missing defenseman. In reality Mr. Brekel, their defense core has 2 turds on it as well. Chris Wideman? Mark Borowicki? Ben Harper? Frederick Claesson? those guys suck just as bad as Joe Morrow, JML and Cross. Don't make excuses for the coach, if he feels he has to let him make the excuses for himself. We are simply to judge him on what he does, not who we acquired and what players he can put on the ice. That would be evaluating ourselves and being like "hey you know we shoulda had a 9th defenseman who was better" His job is to make his players better and if you call period 2 of game 1 making the team better, then crap Brekel they must have been more drunk then when I started this rant buddy!

and then more unreadable jibberish. Rambling on and on. I have no clue what you're true point is. I'll tell you what though....What Ottawa has been icing 1-6 is a lot better than what Boston has been icing. You can't even argue that. Chara/Kevan/McAvoy/Morrow <<< Karlsson/Methot/Ceci/Phaneuf ... Bottom pair guys, sure you can view them as a wash, but they have the advantage there mostly. Bruins have the better top end talent, forward wise on paper... They're not perfomring though. Ottawa has better depth. Your assumption that Boston is greater than Ottawa when they're not even fully healthy is a joke. Because, like it or not, that team spanked the Bruins this season 0-4...When the Bruins were healthy.

Quote:
Lets just agree to disagree, but if he keeps having the entire team quit for entire periods, it just wouldn't be doing our jobs to keep him on board.

Sure...Lets do just that. He's going to be back next season though. Because he's doing a good job with a pretty destroyed roster, whether you want to admit it or not.
Apr. 19, 2017 at 2:02 p.m.
BreKel apparently you've never played organized sports. When everyones on the same page, and they all suck and they all underperform together, it's the coaches fault. Maybe you're of the opinion that nothing can ever be on the coach and he's just impervious to criticism, but I think that's totally wrong and outlandish.

lmfao.....I love posts like this. Starting off with a insinuation that is 100% wrong. Hot move! You don't even make sense. When everyone is on the same page, and they all suck ....You're going to blame the coach for his player's just not being very good? What the **** kind of laughable point is that? If they're under-performing, that's on the coach? It's funny....The only players that are under-performing are Marchand, Bergeron, Pastrnak....Their key guys. I'd say Moore/Acciari/Nash/Morrow are over-performing for what they are. But coach doesn't credit for that? Just the negatives?

Quote:
It's clear to me whats been happening because my mental capacity is 2 steps ahead of Bruce Cassidy, so I'm totally not impressed by this guy and think he deserves the title of "best coach in the AHL" You on the other hand, are 2 steps behind Cassidy, so you think he's great and you really believe he's the guy, despite his poor playoff performance so far.

I guess you should be hired in the NHL then? Laughable when a fan makes claims like this. You're sitting on your ass on the couch/barstool/chair watching the games on TV and only what's shown on TV and he's on the bench actually doing it. So you'll throw out the team's performance in the regular season, where they could have faltered a few times after his hiring and not made the playoffs, but are quick to blame him for the playoffs not going well so far?

Quote:
We are more talented than Ottawa, even without Krug and Carlo, we are still way freakin better.

This is nothing more than an opinion. You're probably one of the few who thinks this steam is better than Ottawa without two of their top 4 defenseman though.

Quote:
It's also funny you're like "boo hoo" we've lost 4 defenseman, when you know 2 of them basically suck anyways and are basically the same thing as the guys replacing them. I mean really? You think Collin Miller is better than McAvoy? Well jeez I guess we're gonna drop McAvoy from the lineup when Collin Miller gets healthy... just gotta make room for that upper level player Collin Miller. He'll have the top selling Jersey next season for sure. Just love Collin Miller. Adam McQuaid too! Those guys are just difference makers.... you couldn't literally take anyones #5-6 and place them in their spot, or else we may do better. We lost because Collin Miller and Adam McQuaid weren't out there making generically average plays all game. Certinally Liles and McAvoy aren't basically the same or better. We have 4 great defensemen out and that's even why we're losing, it sure isn't Bruce Cassidy and his intelligence level compared to Guy Boucher. It couldn't be Bruce's lack of feel for the game or ability to adapt and overcome. Lets just put this all on missing defenseman. In reality Mr. Brekel, their defense core has 2 turds on it as well. Chris Wideman? Mark Borowicki? Ben Harper? Frederick Claesson? those guys suck just as bad as Joe Morrow, JML and Cross. Don't make excuses for the coach, if he feels he has to let him make the excuses for himself. We are simply to judge him on what he does, not who we acquired and what players he can put on the ice. That would be evaluating ourselves and being like "hey you know we shoulda had a 9th defenseman who was better" His job is to make his players better and if you call period 2 of game 1 making the team better, then crap Brekel they must have been more drunk then when I started this rant buddy!

and then more unreadable jibberish. Rambling on and on. I have no clue what you're true point is. I'll tell you what though....What Ottawa has been icing 1-6 is a lot better than what Boston has been icing. You can't even argue that. Chara/Kevan/McAvoy/Morrow <<< Karlsson/Methot/Ceci/Phaneuf ... Bottom pair guys, sure you can view them as a wash, but they have the advantage there mostly. Bruins have the better top end talent, forward wise on paper... They're not perfomring though. Ottawa has better depth. Your assumption that Boston is greater than Ottawa when they're not even fully healthy is a joke. Because, like it or not, that team spanked the Bruins this season 0-4...When the Bruins were healthy.

Quote:

Sure...Lets do just that. He's going to be back next season though. Because he's doing a good job with a pretty destroyed roster, whether you want to admit it or not.

I guess my point is that you're completely delusional about the situation that was presented. I'm off my bender and back to full capacity and now I will drop knowledge on you to enlighten you. This was never about Cassidy. He hasn't proven anything. Literally no-one said he was better than Claude and this situation was always about the players going all out for Claude. Literally no-one looks at it like "hey do you remember when Cassidy was promoted?" The situation is "do you remember the Claude firing" Which presents the situation where the players play their hardest after he's fired no matter who you plug in. You could plug in a fckin Mr. Potatoe Head doll to coach and win more games than you lose. Cassidy hasn't done anything, it was all the momentum of firing Claude that catapulted us forward. Noones like "jesus Cassidy is just so good" It's always Claude and playing hard is the only thing the players can do in this situation. Then once we get to the playoffs it's been about Cassidy. He's done a **** balls job. We should be 0-3 on his watch if we didn't get those 2 cheapies in the first game. Can you comprehend that and this easy digestible situation? You're giving Cassidy 100% credit for our surge when Julien was fired, but it was all about playing for Claude, not playing for Cassidy. The playoffs flipped that and now the players are playing for Cassidy. Only the playoffs should be used to evaluate Cassidy and he's fumbled the fckin ball.

How you think that the situation presented was about the players playing harder because of Cassidy taking over is completely amazing me. It was always about Claude and the players reacted to Claude being fired the only way they can in that situation. You get it in your head you need to play harder and that's the only thing you can do to try to prove them wrong. I've been in that situation, that's literally what happens and you can't even diagnose that. You can't comprehend what actually happened and notice clear patterns and getting out ahead of the situation. It's like your brain is in the past and mines in the future. I'm like a guy who spots trends and sees whats going to happen before it happens. Good in the stock market. You're the guy who makes nothing because by the time you figure something out, everyone already knew it. You're like blue collar, I'm clearly white collar. From now on we'll talk in here about the GM Game decisions, so people in the game won't be reading what we're saying. I want to make some middle of the road moves in preparation for the expansion draft. I'd like to add a LHD who's good and wouldn't mind trading Zboril or Lauzon for him.

Also I think we should start a thread on here about the Gm Game. We should have it so each person in here can propose trades with the players we give them as movable..

I.E. Spooner for Killorn

or something like that. And the restrictions would be that each person can only proposed 1 deal per day and only with the players we give them as expendable. That way we generate more ideas and have a greater chance of finding genius. BreKel, It'd be like having an entire staff under us doing some paperwork for us and helping us achieve greatness. More suggestions = more possibilities = greater chance of something perfect to cross our path. It'd be up to me and BreKel to negotiate and put the good ideas into action and we'd have all the authority, but it'd be a way everyone can get more realistic and I'd enjoy it when season 2 happens if I could be some part of it again, even as an underling.

The goal is to make the best team. Giving us a chance to send Chara out with another cup, but not mortgaging the future core.
Apr. 19, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.
BreKel
Yes, I'm the delusional one.....LMFAO, yup whatever you say! You continue to argue opinionated points and are so all over the place with them, I can't continue this. Agree to disagree like you said.
Apr. 19, 2017 at 5:41 p.m.
Straight up, they should have one of Cehlarik or Debrusk up with the team right now. Pretty upset with the fact that Kuraly is the man they were slotting in in Games 1 & 2. Need more fire power coming from line 3 .
Apr. 19, 2017 at 5:49 p.m.
BreKel
Quoting: DirtyRebound
Straight up, they should have one of Cehlarik or Debrusk up with the team right now. Pretty upset with the fact that Kuraly is the man they were slotting in in Games 1 & 2. Need more fire power coming from line 3 .

You know. Can't say I disagree with that.
Apr. 19, 2017 at 5:56 p.m.
Follow capfriendly
Any injured players returning tonight?
Apr. 19, 2017 at 6:01 p.m.
Quoting: Banks

Just Colin Miller
Apr. 19, 2017 at 8:34 p.m.
BreKel
Quoting: DirtyRebound
Quoting: Banks

Just Colin Miller

He's playing.
Apr. 21, 2017 at 4:28 p.m.
They gave up on Cehlarik way too early. Sure he didn't score but did you see how that second line was playing with him on it? I get the statistics but he passed the eye test. Once they messed with that line it was never the same.
Apr. 21, 2017 at 4:29 p.m.
Quoting: bonanca32
They gave up on Cehlarik way too early. Sure he didn't score but did you see how that second line was playing with him on it? I get the statistics but he passed the eye test. Once they messed with that line it was never the same.

P.s Vetrano looks doubtful. Had a walking boot on.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll