SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Boston Bruins

Introduce yourself, Bruins Fans! -- New User Thread

Apr. 13, 2017 at 12:52 p.m.
BreKel
Feel free to use this thread as a place to come in, and introduce yourself a bit. I will start, and you can follow a template like this, or come up with your own:

Brekel:
1.) Location (Optional) -- Boston, Massachusetts
2.) Career (Optional) -- Firefighter
3.) Favorite NHL Team -- Boston Bruins
4.) Other teams you follow -- No one in particular. I will watch games around the league though. Bruins keep me busy
5.) Other sports teams you follow -- New England Patriots, Boston Red Sox, Boston University Hockey
6.) Favorite Current Player(s) -- Brad Marchand, Patrice Bergeron, Torey Krug
7.) Favorite Former Player(s) -- Sergei Samsonov, Ray Bourque
8.) Most despised sports team -- Montreal Canadiens
9.) One player you wish you could have watched -- Bobby Orr
10.) Anything else you care to share? Not really...Look forward to hopefully getting a good group together here to talk about the Bruins.

So follow that if you want, just drop in and say hi....Whatever you wish. I think the specific team forums could really get this place going if used properly. So if you're a fan of the Bruins and stumble onto it, sign up and post!
TheTown liked this.
Apr. 13, 2017 at 1:34 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
rangersandislesfan
1.) Location -- Not telling anyone here where i live, sorry.
2.) Career -- Hockey Fan laugh
3.) Favo(u)rite NHL Team -- New York Islanders and New York Rangers tied.
4.) Other teams i follow -- I follow every team actually, but the rangers and islanders tied are my favo(u)rite teams. I also like the Jackets, Oilers, Kings, and more.
5.) Other sports teams i follow -- Not much of a sports guy other than hockey.
6.) Favo(u)rite current player(s) -- Don't like to pick favourite players but maybe guys like Kopitar, Bergeron, Hudler, Gaudreau (the guys who don't get many penalties).
7.) Favo(u)rite Former Player(s) -- Wayne Gretzky because he invented a new sport (not hockey, some other sport) laugh
8.) Most despised sports team -- Not sure
9.) One player i wish i could have watched -- everyone i didn't watch laugh
10.) Anything else i can share -- i LOVE hockey!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 8, 2017 at 4:14 p.m.
1.) Location (Optional) -- New England
2.) Career (Optional) -- Medical
4.) Other teams you follow -- Nashville Predators (Country Music and Forsberg!!)
5.) Other sports teams you follow -- New England Patriots, Boston Red Sox, Uconn Hockey & Football
6.) Favorite Current Player(s) -- Tuukka Rask & Patrice Bergeron
7.) Favorite Former Player(s) -- Shawn Thornton & Adam Oates
8.) Most despised sports team -- NHL - Montreal / MLB - Yankees / NFL & NBA - Whomever is the Bandwagon team that year
9.) One player you wish you could have watched -- Bobby Orr
10.) Anything else you care to share? I'll defend Tuukka from all his haters till the day I die.
TheTown and BreKel liked this.
May 10, 2017 at 11:55 a.m.
1.) Location (Optional) -- Massachusetts
2.) Career (Optional) --Sales
4.) Other teams you follow -- What ever is on.
5.) Other sports teams you follow -- New England Patriots, Boston Red Sox, Boston Celtics (Not that much)
6.) Favorite Current Player(s) -- Tuukka Rask, Carey Price, Yevgeny Kuznetsov, & Patrice Bergeron
7.) Favorite Former Player(s) -- Sergei Samsonov, Martin Broduer, & Pavel Datsyuk
8.) Most despised sports team -- None really.
9.) One player you wish you could have watched -- Mario Lemieux in his prime
10.) Anything else you care to share? I hate the Boston Celtics fan-base. Green-teamers make me want to hate the Celtics. Also hate Jack Edwards and the Boston Celtics Commentators.
May 16, 2017 at 2:27 a.m.
1.) Location -- Just north of Toronto
2.) Career -- Sales
3.) Favourite NHL Team -- Boston Bruins
4.) Other teams you follow -- None in the NHL (but I watch the whole league closely)
5.) Other sports teams you follow -- Toronto Blue Jays, New England Patriots, Providence Bruins
6.) Favourite Current Players -- Brad Marchand, Patrice Bergeron, David Pasternak, Tuukka Rask - pretty much the whole darn team!!
7.) Favourite Former Players -- Bobby Orr, Cam Neely, Ray Bourque
8.) Most Despised Sports Team -- Vancouver Canucks (after 2011 Stanley Cup win I lost all respect for that franchise - FYI - It used to be Montreal and Toronto!!)
9.) One player you wish you could have watched -- Milt Schmidt
10.) Anything else you want to share? It's pretty difficult being a Bruins fan living in Ontario, but I have been since 1967 - I've seen a lot now! - I was raised in Parry Sound (Orr's hometown) and my birthday is the same day as his so at a very young age I became an Orr/Boston Bruins fan and proud that I have never switched my allegiance!!
Jun. 15, 2017 at 2:45 a.m.
B-League Player/GM
1.) Location -- Inland Northwest
2.) Career -- Video Production. Formerly Minor league Hockey (WCHL, WPHL)
3.) Favourite NHL Team -- Boston Bruins
4.) Other teams you follow -- a little bit of everyone. Listen to Bruins Podcasts as well as one Leafs-based
5.) Other sports teams you follow -- none
6.) Favourite Current Players -- Bergeron, Rask, Krug. Really fell for Carlo and McAvoy
7.) Favourite Former Players -- Bourque, Murray, Axelsson, Recchi, Campbell, Lucic, Thornton
8.) Most Despised Sports Team -- MTL, VAN, PIT
9.) One player you wish you could have watched -- Live in person? Ray Bourque.
10.) Growing up in a non major sports market, you kind of had to pick a team. I remember starting to watch hockey around 92, I was about 12. The Bruins were on ESPN a decent amount, and the team and their fans and their attitudes resonated with me. I followed since then with varing intensity depending on National TV coverage. Growing up, I would always select Boston in video games. Coworkers during my time working as a stick boy and an equipment manager in the minor leagues, had also followed Boston due to home town loyalty and it also rubbed off on me. Since 2008 I've had NHL Center Ice package, and either watch live or DVR the game. Have maybe missed a dozen since 08. Made a pilgrimage to TD Garden for the home opener of 10-11, plus the following game. Sat in the 3rd row from glass near tunnel; was amongst the kids fist-bumping the team as they came out. Follow most New England based sports media.
Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:46 a.m.
1.) Location -- Manchester, NH
2.) Career -- Small Business, so a bit of everything
4.) Other teams you follow -- No other team in particular, but I watch what I can around the league
5.) Other sports teams you follow -- Pats, Sox, Celtics, sometimes Revolution
6.) Favorite Current Player(s) -- Pasta and Bergy
7.) Favorite Former Player(s) -- Samsonov for sure
8.) Most despised sports team -- Canadiens, Canucks, Yankees
9.) One player you wish you could have watched -- Orr
10.) Anything else you care to share? Just a sports nut overall, looking to have some insightful and sometimes aggravating conversations (venting) about one of my favorite sports teams.
Jan. 19, 2018 at 12:29 p.m.
1.) Location -- Southeast USA
2.) Career -- Engineer
3.) Favorite NHL Team - Boston Bruins
4.) Other teams you follow -- The whole league, but in particular Carolina and Calgary
5.) Other sports teams you follow -- Pats, Sox, Celtics, and Atlanta United FC
6.) Favorite Current Player(s) -- Bergeron, Pastrnak, and McAvoy
7.) Favorite Former Player(s) -- Ray Bourque!
8.) Most Despised Sports Team(s) -- Canadiens, Yankees, and Penguins
9.) One Player you wish you could have watched -- Got to see a little bit of Ray Bourque, so I have to say Pavel Bure
10.) Anything else? -- Nuts about robotics and hockey
Jun. 12, 2018 at 8:35 a.m.
HD:
1.) Location (Optional) -- Washington, DC
2.) Career (Optional) -- Analyst
4.) Other teams you follow -- Washington Capitals: Season Ticket Holder
5.) Other sports teams you follow -- Hockey is life
6.) Favorite Current Player(s) -- Patrice Bergeron, Torey Krug, Brad Marchand
7.) Favorite Former Player(s) -- Bobby Orr, Ray Bourque
9.) One player you wish you could have watched -- Saw Bobby Orr play so........
Oct. 19, 2018 at 2:49 p.m.
Go Bruins Go
FBGM:
1.) Location (Optional) -- The Batcave/Stark Tower. I move often back and forth
2.) Career (Optional) -- Student of the Game
4.) Other teams you follow -- Vegas Golden Knights, St. Louis Blues
5.) Other sports teams you follow -- New England Patriots, Vegas Golden Knights, Green Bay Packers, New York Yankees, Boston Celtics
6.) Favorite Current Player(s) -- Brad Marchand, Patrice Bergeron, Tuukka Rask, Charlie McAvoy, David Pastrnak
7.) Favorite Former Player(s) -- Martin Broduer, Mikko Kiprasov, Milt Schmidt, Bobby Orr, Ray Bourque, basically any good goalie/ Bruin (Kraut line forever)
9.) One player you wish you could have watched -- Patrick Roy
10.) Anything else you care to share? Hope to be a General Manager after college/my NHL career if I get one. Open to tips on how to get there!
May 20, 2020 at 7:08 p.m.
MMBzFan
MMBZFAN:
1.) Location (Optional) -- Southern Cal
2.) Career (Optional) -- Beach bum
4.) Other teams you follow -- Anaheim Ducks & LA Kings (Live in southern cal)
5.) Other sports teams you follow -- All of college football, Boston Red Sox, Boston College Hockey
6.) Favorite Current Player(s) -- Brad Marchand and Charlie Mac.
7.) Favorite Former Player(s) -- Rick Middleton, Brad Park & Cam Neely
8.) Most despised sports team -- Montreal Canadiens and New York Yankees.
9.) One player you wish you could have watched -- Kraut line...Dumart-Schmidt-Bauer.
10.) Anything else you care to share ? Southern Cal has much improved hockey participation and coverage. Surf, sand, mountains 🏔 and a little more ice.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll