SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Boston Bruins

Boston Bruins Prospect Discussion

Jul. 12, 2017 at 5:21 p.m.
Edited Jul. 12, 2017 at 6:26 p.m.
Quoting: DavidBooth7

No way he's better than Jost or Boeser...

well I didnt say he was better than Boeser because I cant say that until after Bjork plays some NHL games , but what makes you believe hes not better than Jost? I said strictly going into next season not overtime but you know what, maybe I didnt answer the question properly
Jul. 12, 2017 at 5:33 p.m.
Quoting: BreKel

What's your reasoning to say he's not better than Jost? Boeser, I can't say it right now, though who knows..Won't know until they play for a while. But it's not crazy to say that Bjork could be better than Jost.

First of all, welcome back from your suspension

And maybe I should have rephrased myself. Boeser I stand by that he's better for sure but I just like Josts game and feel like he might turn out better in the long run. Who knows. Just a hunch
phillyjabroni liked this.
Jul. 13, 2017 at 9:13 a.m.
HockeySen
Quoting: deleted_343214213
What about Tommy Cross? Is he done after this year? And why don't the Bruins bring him up, because they have so many defenseman injuries.
Thanks

I like having in the farm system to be a leader for the young guys. He has been in Providence for a long time and is the captain. He spent time with Carlo and McAvoy and they turned out pretty well
Jul. 13, 2017 at 10:22 a.m.
BreKel
Quoting: HockeySen
Quoting: deleted_343214213
What about Tommy Cross? Is he done after this year? And why don't the Bruins bring him up, because they have so many defenseman injuries.
Thanks

I like having in the farm system to be a leader for the young guys. He has been in Providence for a long time and is the captain. He spent time with Carlo and McAvoy and they turned out pretty well

When did he spend time with either? I like cross. He's a great guy to have in providence but I don't recall either of those players around him for an extended period of time.
Jul. 15, 2017 at 9:16 a.m.
HockeySen
Ignore this comment---had to delete because I screwed up the quote system
Jul. 15, 2017 at 9:19 a.m.
HockeySen

When did he spend time with either? I like cross. He's a great guy to have in providence but I don't recall either of those players around him for an extended period of time.

He was with McAvoy for about 3 games and played a season on the team with Carlo. Not necessarily an extended period of time but some time none the less
Jul. 15, 2017 at 10:32 p.m.

He was with McAvoy for about 3 games and played a season on the team with Carlo. Not necessarily an extended period of time but some time none the less

Carlo only played 7 games for PRO after turning pro. Honestly can't remember who he played with, but even still I can't imagine a guy like Cross having a HUGE impact on their game in 3-7 games lol.
Jul. 16, 2017 at 12:52 a.m.
Quoting: ON3M4N
Quoting: phillyjabroni
where would you rank Bjork out of overall forward prospects in the NHL?

I think you need to define prospect. different people have different considerations.

I would consider a prospect to be a player who is still under 24 years old, and hasn't played over 20 games in the NHL.
Jul. 27, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.

What's your reasoning to say he's not better than Jost? Boeser, I can't say it right now, though who knows..Won't know until they play for a while. But it's not crazy to say that Bjork could be better than Jost.

And maybe I should have rephrased myself. Boeser I stand by that he's better for sure but I just like Josts game and feel like he might turn out better in the long run. Who knows. Just a hunch

Right, so you don't know, you are just trolling around here.
Jul. 27, 2017 at 4:32 p.m.
Quoting: PaulDunnill

....that literally makes zero sense
Jul. 27, 2017 at 7:15 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Pasta88Sauce

Thats a good question. Off the top of my head, id say top 10 for forward rookies going into next season
To give you an idea, Id say hes better than Kunin and Jost and potentially better than Boeser

or Kunin.
Jul. 27, 2017 at 7:59 p.m.

You said "who knows, just a hunch", so I said you're right you don't know. You are on a Bruin prospect site and you are NOT a Bruin Fan and you pop in here saying your prospects are better than ours etc etc, I would say that's trolling for an argument!!! No?
BreKel liked this.
Jul. 27, 2017 at 8:16 p.m.

You said "who knows, just a hunch", so I said you're right you don't know. You are on a Bruin prospect site and you are NOT a Bruin Fan and you pop in here saying your prospects are better than ours etc etc, I would say that's trolling for an argument!!! No?

I think someone should calm down

Your right, this is a Bruins forum. So I'm not allowed to enter it? It's a PUBLIC forum. There are no restrictions on who can go where, and if anyone decides on that its most certainly not you.

And if you consider that trolling and can't handle responding to normal comments like that, I seriously question why you're even in this environment. Plus, for someone who advocates so much for a user-block rule, you can't help but attack every user you don't like. You once went, and dug up every NHL forum thread I ever made, and made random, silly remarks. You also decided today, to quote a comment I made from...2 weeks ago. Then call people out for being annoying and bumping threads? The logic doesn't add up.

Point being: I'm allowed to post in any thread I want, about any subject matter. You have no right to tell me where I can post and where I can't. And if you really want a block option so bad, why not do it yourself? As opposed to going after me every chance you get, just ignore me! Then we would never even need to have this conversation! Please and thank you, Paul. Get a grip of yourself, control the commenting, and if you really want to so bad, ignore me, please!
Pasta88Sauce, LicMysak, phillyjabroni and 1 other person liked this.
Jul. 27, 2017 at 8:21 p.m.
giphy.gif
LicMysak, phillyjabroni, Sahil2020 and 2 others liked this.
Feb. 10, 2018 at 8:41 p.m.
How about people stop saying Trent Frederic is practically untouchable given he was labeled a 3rd liner by management, regressed in his 2nd year in college and played on the 4th line at the WJC. Why would you consider him really valuable because he's basically got small chance of being a top 6 C, a medium chance of being a 3rd C and a large chance of being a 4th liner or maybe even AHL status. Is the fact that you think he can play on the 4th line really something you can take a step back from, analyze and suggest that a guy who has a higher probability of playing on line 4 than 2 or above is really as valuable as you are making him out to be? If he's a 4th liner he's practically busted imo, you don't draft 4th liners in the 1st round. Not even Chiarelli is stupid enough to think that would be an effective strategy. It'd be nice if everyone pumped the breaks on him and instead give more credit to Zboril and Lauzon as they are a lot more valuable "right now". Give me the AHL defenseman who makes mistakes a rarity over the Big bodied center who can't score.
Feb. 11, 2018 at 8:29 a.m.
BreKel
Quoting: FryesLeapMaine
How about people stop saying Trent Frederic is practically untouchable given he was labeled a 3rd liner by management, regressed in his 2nd year in college and played on the 4th line at the WJC. Why would you consider him really valuable because he's basically got small chance of being a top 6 C, a medium chance of being a 3rd C and a large chance of being a 4th liner or maybe even AHL status. Is the fact that you think he can play on the 4th line really something you can take a step back from, analyze and suggest that a guy who has a higher probability of playing on line 4 than 2 or above is really as valuable as you are making him out to be? If he's a 4th liner he's practically busted imo, you don't draft 4th liners in the 1st round. Not even Chiarelli is stupid enough to think that would be an effective strategy. It'd be nice if everyone pumped the breaks on him and instead give more credit to Zboril and Lauzon as they are a lot more valuable "right now". Give me the AHL defenseman who makes mistakes a rarity over the Big bodied center who can't score.

What are you rambling about? Who has said that Trent Frederic is "practically untouchable"? This smells like that garbage tactic to make up **** to form an argument. Now, this isn't the first time you've said "management" labeled him as a 3rd liner. Are you thick headed, or do you just go off one thing and run with it? Keith Gretzky said this, and he's the only one I recall saying it....Keith Gretzky left for Edmonton shortly after this draft. "Management" sounds like a majority said they expected him to be that, but it was one guy, who left the same off-season.

Unless you're watching the player, which i'm 110% confident you don't watch Wisconsin hockey, you can't say he "regressed". This stinks like a stat watching goof. "DUR!! I LOOKED AT HOCKEYDB AND FREDERIC HAS LESS POINTS THAN HE DID HIS FRESHMAN YEAR! REGRESSION!!! BUST!!! DUR!!" LMFAO. That's how I picture you on this subject. Referencing where he was played during the WJC? That feels like a legitimate point to argue this? Frederic had a better WJC than Poehling, who played more. Motzko, who coaches Poehling in college, was a big reason for that move. The move actually sucked. Frederic, despite playing mostly on the 4th line, finished tied 5th on the team in points, and 2nd for goals. but... "DUR!! FREDERIC WAS ON DA 4TH LINE IN DA WORLD JUNIORS SO HE MUST NOT BE DAT GOOD! DUR!!" LMFAO

At the end of the day, Frederic is a centerman with great size, two way ability, and one of the best shots in the NCAA. He has top 6 upside, and should not be tossed into trades for the sake of it. I get it... You heard one thing from someone so now that is gospel. Since you don't watch the player at all, you now have this "3rd liner" thing tied to his name and that's all you assume he is. Frederic has an NHL floor, I know this line fires you all up (I remember the last time I smacked you on Frederic... it's 2 E Z) with top 6 upside. If you can get that anywhere in the draft, it's a good pick.

Stop making up **** to fit your argument. No one has said he's practically untouchable. Also, if someone values Frederic more than Zboril/Lauzon, there's ZERO wrong with that. He plays a position that Boston isn't overly deep at for prospects, and has a lot of desirable qualities for the position.

Quote:
Big bodied center who can't score.

LMFAO. 30 goals in 62 games, Just under a PPG at the NCAA level. Out of 100 players, he's tied 19th for goals and 48th for points. You have 0.0 clue what you're talking about. If this is the quality of posts we're going to get on our prospects, it's going to be a field day smile

Take this post to HFboards....I'm sure you'd get destroyed LMFAO
Feb. 11, 2018 at 4:01 p.m.
What are you rambling about? Who has said that Trent Frederic is "practically untouchable"? This smells like that garbage tactic to make up **** to form an argument. Now, this isn't the first time you've said "management" labeled him as a 3rd liner. Are you thick headed, or do you just go off one thing and run with it? Keith Gretzky said this, and he's the only one I recall saying it....Keith Gretzky left for Edmonton shortly after this draft. "Management" sounds like a majority said they expected him to be that, but it was one guy, who left the same off-season.

Unless you're watching the player, which i'm 110% confident you don't watch Wisconsin hockey, you can't say he "regressed". This stinks like a stat watching goof. "DUR!! I LOOKED AT HOCKEYDB AND FREDERIC HAS LESS POINTS THAN HE DID HIS FRESHMAN YEAR! REGRESSION!!! BUST!!! DUR!!" LMFAO. That's how I picture you on this subject. Referencing where he was played during the WJC? That feels like a legitimate point to argue this? Frederic had a better WJC than Poehling, who played more. Motzko, who coaches Poehling in college, was a big reason for that move. The move actually sucked. Frederic, despite playing mostly on the 4th line, finished tied 5th on the team in points, and 2nd for goals. but... "DUR!! FREDERIC WAS ON DA 4TH LINE IN DA WORLD JUNIORS SO HE MUST NOT BE DAT GOOD! DUR!!" LMFAO

At the end of the day, Frederic is a centerman with great size, two way ability, and one of the best shots in the NCAA. He has top 6 upside, and should not be tossed into trades for the sake of it. I get it... You heard one thing from someone so now that is gospel. Since you don't watch the player at all, you now have this "3rd liner" thing tied to his name and that's all you assume he is. Frederic has an NHL floor, I know this line fires you all up (I remember the last time I smacked you on Frederic... it's 2 E Z) with top 6 upside. If you can get that anywhere in the draft, it's a good pick.

Stop making up **** to fit your argument. No one has said he's practically untouchable. Also, if someone values Frederic more than Zboril/Lauzon, there's ZERO wrong with that. He plays a position that Boston isn't overly deep at for prospects, and has a lot of desirable qualities for the position.

Quote:
Big bodied center who can't score.

LMFAO. 30 goals in 62 games, Just under a PPG at the NCAA level. Out of 100 players, he's tied 19th for goals and 48th for points. You have 0.0 clue what you're talking about. If this is the quality of posts we're going to get on our prospects, it's going to be a field day smile

Take this post to HFboards....I'm sure you'd get destroyed LMFAO

Frederic is hot right now and has scored 8 points in 5 games increasing his G's and P's status league wide. He was far worse the last time I checked, but again it isn't one simple thing with the guy. He's just hasn't done anything high level. Sorry Brekel I value the WJC coaches opinion on him over your own. I think they know a little more about hockey than you do even though in your mind you know more than anyone alive. I also think Don Sweeney and company know more than you, again in your mind that couldn't be possible, but that doesn't mean it's not true lol. Why don't you go get a job in hockey if you know so much? Oh, no-one would give you a job based on your personality alone. You wouldn't even earn an interview and you prove it every post you make lol.
Feb. 11, 2018 at 4:13 p.m.
BreKel
Quoting: FryesLeapMaine
Frederic is hot right now and has scored 8 points in 5 games increasing his G's and P's status league wide. He was far worse the last time I checked, but again it isn't one simple thing with the guy. He's just hasn't done anything high level. Sorry Brekel I value the WJC coaches opinion on him over your own. I think they know a little more about hockey than you do even though in your mind you know more than anyone alive. I also think Don Sweeney and company know more than you, again in your mind that couldn't be possible, but that doesn't mean it's not true lol. Why don't you go get a job in hockey if you know so much? Oh, no-one would give you a job based on your personality alone. You wouldn't even earn an interview and you prove it every post you make lol.

I have a career I love but thanks for the advice. Continue to stat watch haha

Your whole post was just baseless opinionated crap that I destroyed. Good response here. Proving nothing and getting all butthurt.
Sep. 18, 2019 at 9:22 a.m.
Lets revive this thread... I was a little underwhelmed by the bruins most recent draft. Prospect wise we have a somewhat deep pool of guys but we seriously need a couple to hit on offense. Defense we have been solid in with carlo, mcavoy, grz, even krug from a while back now. But they just havent hit on offense outside of pastrnak and maybe heinen. Need one of: Studnicka, bjork, senyshyn, lauko, steen, kuhlman, frederic, jfk, koppanen, even cehlarik. need a few of those guys to hit coming up. otherwise we will be trading defenseman or overpaying FA to fill the holes.
Sep. 28, 2019 at 8:39 a.m.
i hope ur hungry now
Ignore this comment---had to delete because I screwed up the quote system

No, I don't think I will.
Sep. 30, 2019 at 11:46 a.m.
Quoting: SpaghettiPasta
No, I don't think I will.

RIP lol.
SpaghettiPasta liked this.
Jan. 21, 2020 at 9:53 a.m.
Can we stop blowing multi goal leads? seems like everytime we lose we have a 1 or 2+ goal lead going into the 3rd period and just cant close it down.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll