Building

Created by: Rylee92
Team: 2021-22 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 25, 2022
Published: Feb. 25, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
TOR
  1. Järnkrok, Calle ($1,000,000 retained)
  2. Soucy, Carson
SEA
  1. Kerfoot, Alexander
  2. Robertson, Nicholas
Additional Details:
Well I'll say this, if Seattle wants to move cap for prospects and pick, they will take Kerfoot for this and next year and Robertson for Jarnkrok and Soucy.
VAN
  1. Abramov, Mikhail
  2. Holl, Justin
  3. 2022 1st round pick (TOR)
  4. 2023 3rd round pick (TOR)
TOR
  1. Chiarot, Ben ($1,750,000 retained)
  2. 2022 5th round pick (MTL)
MTL
  1. Rubins, Kristians
  2. 2023 1st round pick (TOR)
TOR
  1. Bean, Jake
  2. Domi, Max ($2,450,000 retained)
  3. Korpisalo, Joonas ($1,400,000 retained)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$74,053,116$0$0$7,446,884
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 3
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
UFA - 4
$950,000$950,000
LW
UFA - 2
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 4
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 3
Logo of the Seattle Kraken
$0$0
RW, C, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
-$1,125,000-$1,125,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$1,645,000$1,645,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 3
$1,650,000$1,650,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,333,333$2,333,333
LD/RD
RFA - 3
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$0$0
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RD
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Seattle Kraken
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$850,000$850,000
RD
UFA - 2
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 25, 2022 at 8:44 a.m.
penguins,stars,leafs
Van and Cbj say no , declines, will consider the montreal offer though, it is quite close to fair value, i say remove the fifth and habs accept?
Rylee92 and Hamcity liked this.
Feb. 25, 2022 at 8:50 a.m.
leafs say no way to the seattle and montreal trades, way too much and dont improve the team
and the other teams say no to those.
Hamcity liked this.
Feb. 25, 2022 at 9:01 a.m.
I'd rather get nothing for korpi than have mrazek on roster next year at $4m
Korpi>Mrazek (see above, not a talent statement)
Bean >> Lijegren, Engvall
Domi >> Dermott 2nd
Feb. 25, 2022 at 9:06 a.m.
Quoting: TheAlien
lmaooo Vancouver spits in your face

That seems a tab bit aggressive.

An NHL calibre defenceman, B level prospect and 1st and 3rd rounder for a decent winger you don't need and a bottom pair D man? That's "spit in your face" worthy? What do you think you're getting for Miller if that package is so pathetic and deplorable?
Rylee92 liked this.
Feb. 25, 2022 at 9:13 a.m.
Leafs will be aggressive but I doubt they will trade 6 roster players, 4 higher picks and prospects. Too much change.
Feb. 25, 2022 at 9:14 a.m.
PDG over PDO
Quoting: newballcoach

An NHL calibre defenceman, B level prospect and 1st and 3rd rounder for a decent winger you don't need and a bottom pair D man? That's "spit in your face" worthy? What do you think you're getting for Miller if that package is so pathetic and deplorable?

the only NHL calibre defenceman in that trade is Luke Schenn Lmfao Miller isn't some "decent winger" he's been a legit ppg #1 Center for the past 3 years and is 10th in the league for scoring right now , the price starts with Knies and Niemelä
Hamcity and TheAlien liked this.
Feb. 25, 2022 at 9:17 a.m.

"Decent winger", Miller has 57 points in 51 gms playing pp and pk time as both a C and on the Wing. That’s more than decent. Toffoli got a similar deal as the one above and Miller will fetch a greater return than him, never mind adding Schenn, who is also worth another mid round pick on his own. I’m sorry but the Canucks would not consider this deal imo
theleano1 and TheAlien liked this.
Feb. 25, 2022 at 9:23 a.m.
Banned

this is a bad offer, but that being said, canuck fans want an eichel return and thats also funny
Feb. 25, 2022 at 9:28 a.m.
Quoting: theleano1
the only NHL calibre defenceman in that trade is Luke Schenn Lmfao Miller isn't some "decent winger" he's been a legit ppg #1 Center for the past 3 years and is 10th in the league for scoring right now , the price starts with Knies and Niemelä

Justin Holl and Luke Schenn are, at best, the same. May depend on which team you're a fan of, but they're similar. I don't see a reason to include either in the deal TBH.

On the Leafs Miller is a 2nd line winger. You might love him and think he's perfect, but there's absolutely no chance the Leafs are giving you their top two prospects plus for a guy with a season and a half of control who (while having lots of points) is having less impact and worse advanced numbers this year then he has previously.

We can disagree, and that's fine. But every fan on here constantly overvalues your own players. You're asking for more then teams paid for Mark Stone, and Miller is not Stone.
Feb. 25, 2022 at 9:32 a.m.
PDG over PDO
Justin Holl and Luke Schenn are, at best, the same. May depend on which team you're a fan of, but they're similar. I don't see a reason to include either in the deal TBH.

On the Leafs Miller is a 2nd line winger. You might love him and think he's perfect, but there's absolutely no chance the Leafs are giving you their top two prospects plus for a guy with a season and a half of control who (while having lots of points) is having less impact and worse advanced numbers this year then he has previously.

We can disagree, and that's fine. But every fan on here constantly overvalues your own players. You're asking for more then teams paid for Mark Stone, and Miller is not Stone.

Stone was a ufa at the end of the year and still got a blue chip D prospect, that's fine if Miller is a 2nd liner on the leafs but this package gets beat by 30 other teams in the league
Hamcity liked this.
Feb. 25, 2022 at 9:32 a.m.

Its gonna take a kings ransom to get Miller or Boeser or Garland. First we do not have to trade any of them.We would also ask for what we need in any trade not what the other team needs. Really we hold all the cards on Miller. Word is we are keeping him.We are also looking for a young stud RD to play big mins with Hughes now and in the future. Schenn is a great temp partner.) Holl is not a fit.IMHO
Feb. 25, 2022 at 9:35 a.m.
Banned

Think you are severely under valuing miller I'd be surprised if they weren't asking for our top 3 prospects
Hamcity, theleano1 and TheAlien liked this.
Feb. 25, 2022 at 9:35 a.m.

I agree that a lot of fans over value their players, but the market has already been set. Toffoli fetched a first, a B prospect, a 5th and a roster player. Miller is more valuable than toffoli because he can play C, can play Pk, and is a higher producer/play driver. It doesn’t matter what role he would play on the leafs, that doesn’t change his value. Other teams easily beat out this offer.
theleano1 and TheAlien liked this.
Feb. 25, 2022 at 9:44 a.m.
Quoting: Hamcity
I agree that a lot of fans over value their players, but the market has already been set. Toffoli fetched a first, a B prospect, a 5th and a roster player. Miller is more valuable than toffoli because he can play C, can play Pk, and is a higher producer/play driver. It doesn’t matter what role he would play on the leafs, that doesn’t change his value. Other teams easily beat out this offer.

Toffoli isn't a perfect comparison because he has another year on his deal, but yes I see the point. I see why Vancouver fans think Miller is worth more. As a Leafs fan, I don't think he provides enough value to trade what the fans of the team want, so I would be happy not to do the deal.

It's not like the Leafs are desperate for him and need to make a deal. They aren't going to drastically mortgage their prospects and draft capital for one guy that doesn't fit with either of their two biggest needs (defence and goaltending). It benefits Vancouver to trade him more then to keep him IMO, since they aren't competitive now and likely won't be next year.

My original comment was just that the offer was not worthy of a "spit in your face" response. Apparently I have forgotten how much Canucks fans hate people from Ontario smile
Feb. 25, 2022 at 9:51 a.m.
Toffoli isn't a perfect comparison because he has another year on his deal, but yes I see the point. I see why Vancouver fans think Miller is worth more. As a Leafs fan, I don't think he provides enough value to trade what the fans of the team want, so I would be happy not to do the deal.

It's not like the Leafs are desperate for him and need to make a deal. They aren't going to drastically mortgage their prospects and draft capital for one guy that doesn't fit with either of their two biggest needs (defence and goaltending). It benefits Vancouver to trade him more then to keep him IMO, since they aren't competitive now and likely won't be next year.

My original comment was just that the offer was not worthy of a "spit in your face" response. Apparently I have forgotten how much Canucks fans hate people from Ontario smile

Well I’m from Ontario, so the provincial hate isn’t coming from me 😋 I agree that JT doesn’t suit their needs, but I just felt the need to chime in cause I have also been seeing a lot of fans thinking that some how changes his value. The price is the price. It’s a totally fair argument to say the leafs won’t pay it/ will use their assets elsewhere, but that doesn’t mean JT isn’t a good player or that the Canucks aren’t going to get a nice haul for him
Feb. 25, 2022 at 9:52 a.m.

Miller actually a center, is top 10 in scoring, under contract for multiple seasons, and is on a great contract. The Canucks aren't moving him unless they're getting a really high-end RD/C prospect, a 1st, and another really good prospect. For the Leafs it would cost Niemela, Robertson, and a 1st at the bare minimum for Miller straight up.
Hamcity liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll