Forums/Armchair-GM

Habs

Created by: MP55
Team: 2022-23 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 26, 2022
Published: Feb. 26, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
“St LoUiS dOeSn’T wAnT cHiArOt”; don’t care they’re a placeholder team for whoever gets him.

“JeFf PeTrY sUcKs”; yes under Ducharme he did but he’s back to his old self under MSL, and as such will be sold at a value equivalent to a high-end top 4 defenceman who was in the Norris conversation last year.

Edmonton is also a placeholder team for whoever needs cheap reliable backup goaltending. As I’m writing this, maybe New Jersey, for a third rounder, just too lazy to rewrite the trade.

Avs can be a placeholder team too. Someone wants a talented middle six winger at an affordable price, they can have Drouin, pick will be conditional on how many games he plays for the team.
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
2$925,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$925,000
2$1,000,500
2$900,000
2$1,500,000
3$2,250,000
2$950,000
2$950,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$8,500,000
Trades
MTL
  1. 2022 2nd round pick (EDM)
Additional Details:
Koskinen
EDM
  1. Allen, Jake ($1,432,500 retained)
MTL
  1. Frost, Morgan [RFA Rights]
  2. 2023 1st round pick (PHI)
MTL
  1. 2023 2nd round pick (COL)
COL
  1. Drouin, Jonathan ($2,750,000 retained)
MTL
  1. Kravtsov, Vitali [RFA Rights]
  2. 2022 2nd round pick (NYR)
Additional Details:
Lower of the Rangers’ two seconds
NYR
  1. Lehkonen, Artturi [RFA Rights]
MTL
  1. 2022 1st round pick (STL)
  2. 2023 3rd round pick (STL)
STL
    Ben Chiarot
    Buyouts
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CAR
    Logo of the STL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the CAR
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the STL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the PHI
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the COL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the STL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    23$82,500,000$78,742,999$1,132,500$1,270,000$3,757,001
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
    $880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $7,875,000$7,875,000
    C
    UFA - 8
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 5
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    LW
    UFA - 2
    $4,450,000$4,450,000
    C
    UFA - 3
    $950,000$950,000
    LW, RW
    RFA - 1
    $950,000$950,000
    C
    RFA - 1
    $750,000$750,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $6,500,000$6,500,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 5
    $1,700,000$1,700,000
    C
    UFA - 3
    $900,000$900,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $3,400,000$3,400,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 3
    $3,400,000$3,400,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $875,000$875,000
    LD/RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $8,500,000$8,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 6
    $10,500,000$10,500,000
    G
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    $2,250,000$2,250,000
    LD
    RFA - 3
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 3
    $1,000,500$1,000,500
    G
    UFA - 2
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
    LD/RD
    RFA - 3
    $925,000$925,000
    LD/RD
    RFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000
    LD/RD
    RFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $7,857,143$7,857,143
    RD
    UFA - 4

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Feb. 26, 2022 at 10:45 p.m.
    Petry isn't a cap dump but let's not get carried away. He's not getting a Toffoli type return.
    ricochetii liked this.
    Feb. 26, 2022 at 10:47 p.m.
    New York Rangers
    So for Lehkonen you essentially want (what you classified as a) top 6 forward AND A 2nd? Come on man
    Feb. 26, 2022 at 11:08 p.m.
    This is the kind of situation that COL would definitely have to at least consider that. Personally I’d do that.
    TJTwolf liked this.
    Feb. 26, 2022 at 11:27 p.m.
    Hide yo girl
    Quoting: EnglishFitzPercy
    Petry isn't a cap dump but let's not get carried away. He's not getting a Toffoli type return.

The flyers GM traded the 14th overall pick and a second rounder for Rasmus Ristolainen. Rasmus. Ristolainen. Asking for a projected late first and a prospect who was draft 5 years ago and still can’t crack the Philly lineup isn’t as big of an ask as you’d think.
    ricochetii liked this.
    Feb. 26, 2022 at 11:28 p.m.
    Hide yo girl
    Quoting: Finski
    So for Lehkonen you essentially want (what you classified as a) top 6 forward AND A 2nd? Come on man

Prospect who doesn’t fit into the rangers top 9 plus a second that’ll be so late it could be considered a third. That’s the price it’ll cost to make the Habs consider moving Lehkonen. Come on man
    Feb. 26, 2022 at 11:46 p.m.
    Xercuses
    Blues say no
    Feb. 26, 2022 at 11:48 p.m.
    Hide yo girl
    Hey! How are you man I was waiting for you to comment! How’s your evening been?
    Feb. 26, 2022 at 11:48 p.m.
    Still don't see Petry getting any value back. 34 years old with 3 more years at 6.25. Is all but guaranteed to end badly. Defenseman dont continue to be good through their mid/late 30s (obviously a few exceptions). 7 games or whatever with Martin St Louis does not inspire confidence. If they can get rid of his deal without taking an anchor back or retaining salary back it will be a win imo.

Rangers deal is probably right. Might as well sell high on him as they should have with armia last season. Will suck to loose him. I remember when he scored 18 goals that one year and everyone thought he was going to be a legit top 6 guy. Still, he is one of the best defensive forwards in the league which is perfect for the Rangers as they can't defend for ****. Basically just Igor and hope for the best lol.

I'm terrified to see what Chariot gets. Always thought he was an alright 3rd pair guy, but he is EXTREMELY overvalued. Eould not be surprised if a team like the blues pay the price, but the 1st+ will definitely be what they will get.

Nobody will touch drouin until he gets some time playing hockey again. Needs to get back on track. If he puts it together again, he will be great value for Montreal

Oliers trade is whatever, feels like they will target Holtby instead

Lots of potential for montreal this deadline. I do have a bad feeling that Jordan Harris will pull a fox and go to the bruins to be a stud somehow lol.
    Feb. 26, 2022 at 11:56 p.m.
    Hide yo girl
    Quoting: In_it_to_winnik
    Still don't see Petry getting any value back. 34 years old with 3 more years at 6.25. Is all but guaranteed to end badly. Defenseman dont continue to be good through their mid/late 30s (obviously a few exceptions). 7 games or whatever with Martin St Louis does not inspire confidence. If they can get rid of his deal without taking an anchor back or retaining salary back it will be a win imo.

Rangers deal is probably right. Might as well sell high on him as they should have with armia last season. Will suck to loose him. I remember when he scored 18 goals that one year and everyone thought he was going to be a legit top 6 guy. Still, he is one of the best defensive forwards in the league which is perfect for the Rangers as they can't defend for ****. Basically just Igor and hope for the best lol.

I'm terrified to see what Chariot gets. Always thought he was an alright 3rd pair guy, but he is EXTREMELY overvalued. Eould not be surprised if a team like the blues pay the price, but the 1st+ will definitely be what they will get.

Nobody will touch drouin until he gets some time playing hockey again. Needs to get back on track. If he puts it together again, he will be great value for Montreal

Lots of potential for montreal this deadline. I do have a bad feeling that Jordan Harris will pull a fox and go to the bruins to be a stud somehow lol.

Quoting: In_it_to_winnik

This Petry trade wouldn’t happen till the end of the season and would be contingent on him continuing this level of play throughout the rest of the season.

Yeah I remember the playoffs his rookie year where they were so desperate for a 1C they played him there. Gonna miss yelling “good stick lehky!”

Some team will pay up for Chiarot. Off the top of my head I can’t think of that many big-name left d’s on the market, (lindholm, giordana, Chiarot) so I have a good feeling some team will get desperate enough and pay up.

The pick involved in the Drouin trade would be heavily conditioned based on the amount of games he’d play next season. But yeah it’d be nice if he could come back this season and jump on the MSL train to boost his value a bit.

Oilers were just the first team that came to mind when thinking about a Jake Allen trade. Could go anywhere.

I dunno I’m starting to gain confidence about Harris. He plays hockey with Hughes’ and St. Louis’ kids so he knows them very well. And Hughes seems confident about that as well so I believe in him. Gonna be a really fun month I can’t wait to start seeing this team take shape.
    ricochetii liked this.
    Feb. 27, 2022 at 12:07 a.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: JGDD11
    Prospect who doesn’t fit into the rangers top 9 plus a second that’ll be so late it could be considered a third. That’s the price it’ll cost to make the Habs consider moving Lehkonen. Come on man

KEEP HIM
    Feb. 27, 2022 at 12:09 a.m.
    This Petry trade wouldn’t happen till the end of the season and would be contingent on him continuing this level of play throughout the rest of the season.

Yeah I remember the playoffs his rookie year where they were so desperate for a 1C they played him there. Gonna miss yelling “good stick lehky!”

Some team will pay up for Chiarot. Off the top of my head I can’t think of that many big-name left d’s on the market, (lindholm, giordana, Chiarot) so I have a good feeling some team will get desperate enough and pay up.

The pick involved in the Drouin trade would be heavily conditioned based on the amount of games he’d play next season. But yeah it’d be nice if he could come back this season and jump on the MSL train to boost his value a bit.

Oilers were just the first team that came to mind when thinking about a Jake Allen trade. Could go anywhere.

I dunno I’m starting to gain confidence about Harris. He plays hockey with Hughes’ and St. Louis’ kids so he knows them very well. And Hughes seems confident about that as well so I believe in him. Gonna be a really fun month I can’t wait to start seeing this team take shape.

I feel bad for them this year. Lots of good players still on the team, but Danault and weber are big losses. If they get a good center next season they will be in a good spot. Especially if they get a Drouin-Suzuki-Caufield line going. Not sure what they were thinking last season with Toffoli, Hoffman, Armia all being signed to term. Winger heavy teams don't usually work out. They will need to address that 2c position and defense and goaltending to be competitive imo. Back end is for too slow. Bergevin really screwed up a lot. Montreal used to be a fast aggressive team who all worked their asses off. Don't have enough of that anymore.
    MP55 liked this.
    Feb. 27, 2022 at 12:42 a.m.
    Why on earth would the Flyers trade a pick that could very well be a top 5 pick in a Great draft for an aging Dman under contract until age 38.
    Feb. 27, 2022 at 8:10 a.m.
    1.) Did I read your description, yup
    2.) Blues say no. Put in a team that actually accepts that value
    Feb. 28, 2022 at 1:33 p.m.
    The flyers GM traded the 14th overall pick and a second rounder for Rasmus Ristolainen. Rasmus. Ristolainen. Asking for a projected late first and a prospect who was draft 5 years ago and still can’t crack the Philly lineup isn’t as big of an ask as you’d think.

With Chucks Head on a platter right now if he gives up a 1st round pick in what may be the most important draft if we (flyers) tank youre crazy. They will most likely have a top 10 pick next season. We will trade you a 3rd round pick for him at most.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll