Team: 2021-22 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 27, 2022
Published: Feb. 27, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description

Players on the Taxi Squad are gone at the TDL

Trades
MTL
    If Avs trade for a guy like Lehkonen who could play anywhere on your bottom six (not playing center tho), where would he play ? Maybe on the 3RW but that means O’Connor 4RW and NAK scratched ? Maybe on the 4LW and keeps O’Connor 3RW and NAK 4RW ?
    COL
    1. Lehkonen, Artturi ($1,150,000 retained)
    Additional Details:
    Couple proposal :

1. Lehky vs Kaut + 2023 2nd RD pick
    2. Lehky vs Ranta + 2023 2nd RD pick
    3. Lehky vs Olausson
    4. Lehky vs Foudy + 2023 3rd RD pick
    5. Lehky vs Helleson (unlikely)
    6. Lehky vs Barron (unlikely)

Kulak could be added if the cap works
    Buyouts
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CAR
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the CAR
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the STL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    23$81,500,000$58,117,058$597,561$1,475,000$23,382,942
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
    $880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
    C
    UFA - 1
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 6
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    LW
    UFA - 3
    $4,450,000$4,450,000
    C
    UFA - 4
    $6,500,000$6,500,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 6
    $917,831$917,831
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $750,000$750,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $750,000$750,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 2
    $750,000$750,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $3,400,000$3,400,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 4
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $875,000$875,000
    LD/RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $2,343,750$2,343,750
    RD
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 4
    $2,875,000$2,875,000
    G
    UFA - 2
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$637,500$638K)
    LD
    RFA - 1
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 4
    $750,000$750,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $750,000$750,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    $750,000$750,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $761,250$761,250
    LD/RD
    RFA - 1
    $3,400,000$3,400,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $10,500,000$10,500,000
    G
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    $750,000$750,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $7,857,143$7,857,143
    RD
    UFA - 5
    $750,000$750,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    Taxi Squad
    $1,750,000$1,750,000 ($625,000$625K$625,000$625K)
    LD/RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 ($0$0$0$0)
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    $1,750,000$1,750,000 ($625,000$625K$625,000$625K)
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $950,000$950,000 ($0$0$0$0)
    LW, RW, C
    UFA - 1
    $950,000$950,000 ($0$0$0$0)
    C, LW, RW
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Feb. 28, 2022 at 12:01 a.m.
    You know nothing JS
    Quoting: coga16
    Chiarot can’t skate or pass, he’s the opposite of a replacement for byram

And that’s not a report he’s available, that’s his opinion, key word potentially.

Quoting: Xqb15a
    Chiarot sucks and would be an awful fit.

FMPrbPoXEAAz5gy?format=jpg&name=large

Well at least Chiarot is good enough to beat Vegas, playing 25+ minutes a game.

No Colorado player can say as much, eh!?
    Feb. 28, 2022 at 12:04 a.m.
    Quoting: jpsnow13
    Well at least Chiarot is good enough to beat Vegas, playing 25+ minutes a game.

No Colorado player can say as much, eh!?

And how’s it going this year? I’ll take COL as is thanks against VGK and anybody for that matter. But keeping the Chiarot is a good dman narrative. Enjoy the off season since it’s already here for you.
    TJTwolf liked this.
    Feb. 28, 2022 at 12:52 a.m.
    You know nothing JS
    Edited Feb. 28, 2022 at 12:59 a.m.
    And how’s it going this year? I’ll take COL as is thanks against VGK and anybody for that matter. But keeping the Chiarot is a good dman narrative. Enjoy the off season since it’s already here for you.

I couldnt care less about this season after our Stanley cup final. I guess you had to he there to understand.

🤷‍♂️

P.s: Good luck beating Vegas with Eichel when you couldnt without him. At least you now have a better goa... nevermind 😁
    Feb. 28, 2022 at 2:18 a.m.

Everybody who are saying how is it going this year / that team went in the SCF ? Are you guys following hockey ? MTL lost their Franchise goalie, their Captain, Phillip Danault + Tomas Tatar, Kotkaniemi, Edmundson who was our most steady dman, Paul Byron for the majority of the season (leadership). And we have started the year with the worse NHL coach in hockey history. And MTL were not already a contender team on paper…
    Feb. 28, 2022 at 9:19 a.m.
    I couldnt care less about this season after our Stanley cup final. I guess you had to he there to understand.

🤷‍♂️

P.s: Good luck beating Vegas with Eichel when you couldnt without him. At least you now have a better goa... nevermind 😁

Oh you mean when we didn’t have Kadri, Kuemper, EJ, Newhook, or Byram. Yeah but like I said enjoy the off season and the lottery.
    TJTwolf and NMAvsFan liked this.
    Feb. 28, 2022 at 9:32 a.m.
    Quoting: GMs
    Everybody who are saying how is it going this year / that team went in the SCF ? Are you guys following hockey ? MTL lost their Franchise goalie, their Captain, Phillip Danault + Tomas Tatar, Kotkaniemi, Edmundson who was our most steady dman, Paul Byron for the majority of the season (leadership). And we have started the year with the worse NHL coach in hockey history. And MTL were not already a contender team on paper…

Boo hoo. Yeah the injury situation is bad, but don’t cry when your GM made the decisions that lead to guys leaving based on a 2 month run in a season where if it were normal they wouldn’t even had made the playoffs. Or have smart ass fans that want to live in a glass house and throw rocks like @josnow13. Why do you think so many other fans have zero sympathy for MTL situation? Before the season started I thought it would be impossible for a team to be worse than AZ, well the Habs proved me wrong.
    Feb. 28, 2022 at 10:02 a.m.

if it wasnt for a locked division format with the North Division, Montreal wouldnt have made the playoffs in the East, and that is with all those players. They had a miracle run, they werent a good team last year, or the year before. They got hot and into the playoffs bc of a one time situation. Bc they got there doesnt mean the players are better than they actually are 90% of their career.
    MisstheWhalers, NMAvsFan and Xqb15a liked this.
    Feb. 28, 2022 at 11:03 a.m.
    Representing the 505

🤷‍♂️

29 years of no Cups and counting but go ahead and hang your hat on a single SCF appearance in a very abnormal year; any other year and your "team" doesn't even make the playoffs. I imagine you'll still be talking about that awesome finals run when it's been 40 years since the Habs won a Cup. And, yes, the Avs do happen to have a very good goalie.
    Feb. 28, 2022 at 1:16 p.m.
    Boo hoo. Yeah the injury situation is bad, but don’t cry when your GM made the decisions that lead to guys leaving based on a 2 month run in a season where if it were normal they wouldn’t even had made the playoffs. Or have smart ass fans that want to live in a glass house and throw rocks like josnow13. Why do you think so many other fans have zero sympathy for MTL situation? Before the season started I thought it would be impossible for a team to be worse than AZ, well the Habs proved me wrong.

if it wasnt for a locked division format with the North Division, Montreal wouldnt have made the playoffs in the East, and that is with all those players. They had a miracle run, they werent a good team last year, or the year before. They got hot and into the playoffs bc of a one time situation. Bc they got there doesnt mean the players are better than they actually are 90% of their career.

Oh I know Bergevin ****ed up bad, I was one saying rebuilt after our run, but Chiarot isn’t bad and can play top 4
    Feb. 28, 2022 at 2:18 p.m.
    Oh I know Bergevin ****ed up bad, I was one saying rebuilt after our run, but Chiarot isn’t bad and can play top 4

Chiarot is bad, and on a good team doesn’t sniff the top 4. His skating is a significant liability particularly for team that’s whole plan is based on their ability to skate. If Sakic traded anything for Chiarot I would burn my Sakic jersey. I get your a fan of the team but he isn’t good.
    Mar. 22, 2022 at 1:32 a.m.
    You know nothing JS
    you arent getting a top d prospect for him, come down to reality already

Barron isnt available….the only mention of him was if avs wanted to make a massive move they might have to include Barron in a trade. And that’s a big If

No one is reporting his available, and they aren’t just giving him bc bc of rentals or retained salary

That’s NEVER happening keep Lehkonen.

Well, well, well...

Based on reality, where we were asked to come down to, our sources were actually right about Barron being available AND our idea, which was NEVER happening (note the capital letters, making it a stronger argument), actually happened less than a month later.

The lesson here isn't that you were both totaly wrong, which you were, but that your opinions were stated without any nuance or humility and with total disregard for the ones of others you could had actually learned from.

When you are rude in disregarding someone facts based opinion, dont be mad when reality comes back slaping you in the face by having your own competent and experienced GM proving you wrong.

Congrats on Lehkonen. Best of luck in the playoffs. Looking foward to have a smart conversation with you before the draft.✌️
    GMs liked this.
    Mar. 22, 2022 at 5:53 a.m.
    Well, well, well...

Based on reality, where we were asked to come down to, our sources were actually right about Barron being available AND our idea, which was NEVER happening (note the capital letters, making it a stronger argument), actually happened less than a month later.

The lesson here isn't that you were both totaly wrong, which you were, but that your opinions were stated without any nuance or humility and with total disregard for the ones of others you could had actually learned from.

When you are rude in disregarding someone facts based opinion, dont be mad when reality comes back slaping you in the face by having your own competent and experienced GM proving you wrong.

Congrats on Lehkonen. Best of luck in the playoffs. Looking foward to have a smart conversation with you before the draft.✌️

So after all, all my proposal were underwhelming lol 😆
    Mar. 22, 2022 at 9:20 a.m.
    Well, well, well...

Good on you man, shall we cherry pick all your comments that were incorrect? I’ve seen some condescending and arrogant comments but this takes the cake. “Nuanced or humility” do you really not see the irony in that comment? You’re somehow entitled to what some deference because you’re a fan of an original 6 franchise? The difference between us is that I’m actually mature enough to admit when I’m wrong and you gleefully and like a petulant child want to not only call say you’re right you’re are somehow going to infer that you are more knowledgeable have manners and somehow superior. I think you know what finger I’m holding up.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll