LD/RD
UFA - 6
Logo of the New York Islanders
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 4
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$4,500,000$4,500,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 5

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 1, 2022 at 2:11 p.m.
You forgot Chiarot on the right lol.
NucksnOilers, vr1995 and Rage44 liked this.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 2:11 p.m.
KFTW
You forgot Holl on the left
NucksnOilers and Rage44 liked this.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 2:12 p.m.
Save Mcdavid
Quoting: PhillyDip123
You forgot Chiarot on the right lol.

Lmao I would have but at this point most people are aware that he isn't worth anything over a third besides delusional habs fans so I didn't bother
Mar. 1, 2022 at 2:13 p.m.
Can you please explain how Dermott is undervalued? But with a twist! Let’s not all jump down my throat, just because I don’t agree with the stance on a player that plays on the leafs.
NucksnOilers and csick liked this.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 2:14 p.m.
Save Mcdavid
Quoting: csick
You forgot Holl on the left

I haven't watched much of holl so I can't really form an opinion on him besides the highlights of terrible giveaways he has (Which is unfair to him considering I haven't watched his full game and can't judge from cherry picked highlights/stats)
Mar. 1, 2022 at 2:14 p.m.
Banned
connor murphy
NucksnOilers liked this.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 2:15 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: Drshnuckels91
I haven't watched much of holl so I can't really form an opinion on him besides the highlights of terrible giveaways he has (Which is unfair to him considering I haven't watched his full game and can't judge from cherry picked highlights/stats)

I’m trolling
NucksnOilers and Nhl_oilers liked this.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 2:15 p.m.
Banned
mrazek should probably be left
NucksnOilers liked this.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 2:16 p.m.
Save Mcdavid
Quoting: Nhl_oilers
Can you please explain how Dermott is undervalued? But with a twist! Let’s not all jump down my throat, just because I don’t agree with the stance on a player that plays on the leafs.

Well he is 25, a defensive d-man(which seems to be rare these days) and seems to have viable statistics and from the highlights I have seen of him he seems to be not terrible. I have seen him go for a 4th/5th on here which seems like a pretty low package for a young defensive d-man on a cheap contract
Mar. 1, 2022 at 2:19 p.m.
Lenny7
-Kerfoot: Sure, he's a solid 3rd liner, who has produced when he's been in the top 6...To me, the value part typically comes from a "Why would this rebuilding team take him as a positive asset, when his contract expires after next season?". From that, I guess it's pretty rare to see a playoff contender trading a piece like him, because they'll inevitably have to replace him.
-Dermott: Meh. Every team has those guys.
-Zacha: He's got decent possession numbers, but his production has never been close to what a top 6 pick *should* be. I like him, but he's more of a Kerfoot than anything else.
-Girard: Depends on who you ask. Guy is a stud.
-Koskinen: Below league average numbers behind a $hite D-core. Hard to really go either way...you'd probably want to see him steal a few games before you could say anything other than "below league average".

-Boeser: He's a goal scorer...no real point in underselling on him, ever, if you're Van. Basically fits their timeline.
-Petry: I tend to agree, but it's Habs fans that do the over, so there's that...His numbers correlate to his zone start % pretty evenly, I just wouldn't go crazy about adding 3 years of a 34+ year old with that AAV.
-Chychrun: Value is tied to the contract and the fact that the production has been there in the past. Hard to value anyone from that team right now...the rest of the lineup is going to drag your numbers down, regardless of who you are.
-Palms: Do people overrate him? I think there was a collective "What are you doing, Lou?" when he signed that contract.
-Price: Below league average in 4 of the past 5 years, excelled through 3 rounds of the playoffs last year. Why anyone would put a Price trade on here in the first place is beyond me, given that he hasn't played in almost an entire year. Personally, I'd be throwing Jake Allen in this spot. The whole "Oh, but he's a good backup!" thing is hilarious.
NucksnOilers and drambui liked this.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 2:20 p.m.
Lenny7
Well he is 25, a defensive d-man(which seems to be rare these days) and seems to have viable statistics and from the highlights I have seen of him he seems to be not terrible. I have seen him go for a 4th/5th on here which seems like a pretty low package for a young defensive d-man on a cheap contract

Personal opinion-Just about every team has 2-3 Dermott's.
NucksnOilers liked this.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 2:20 p.m.
Save Mcdavid
Quoting: vr1995
mrazek should probably be left

I mean yeah with him it just depends where you look in some cases he really is (Him going for a 3rd/4th) in other cases he goes for around his price(2023 second rounder) so yeah he does deserve more love but he isn't generally undervalued as much to be on this list
Mar. 1, 2022 at 2:22 p.m.

Ah I see. He is a decent third pair defence man on the leafs, and would be good on many teams, but the thing I struggle with is people saying he’s undervalued. From a lot of the AGMs I’ve seen recently, I’ve seen a lot of people say “he could develop into Arizona’s top 4”, or he is the LHD that would go back in a trade if we trade for a better LHD”. I’ve seen people put him in a trade as a cap dump, but mostly as one of the main pieces. I believe if a team wanted him, the most the leafs could get for him is a 3rd… probably more like a 4th, but they may be able to get a 3rd from a very good team. In my opinion, he will always be a bottom pair defence man.
NucksnOilers liked this.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 2:31 p.m.
Save Mcdavid
Quoting: Lenny7
-Kerfoot: Sure, he's a solid 3rd liner, who has produced when he's been in the top 6...To me, the value part typically comes from a "Why would this rebuilding team take him as a positive asset, when his contract expires after next season?". From that, I guess it's pretty rare to see a playoff contender trading a piece like him, because they'll inevitably have to replace him.
-Dermott: Meh. Every team has those guys.
-Zacha: He's got decent possession numbers, but his production has never been close to what a top 6 pick *should* be. I like him, but he's more of a Kerfoot than anything else.
-Girard: Depends on who you ask. Guy is a stud.
-Koskinen: Below league average numbers behind a $hite D-core. Hard to really go either way...you'd probably want to see him steal a few games before you could say anything other than "below league average".

-Boeser: He's a goal scorer...no real point in underselling on him, ever, if you're Van. Basically fits their timeline.
-Petry: I tend to agree, but it's Habs fans that do the over, so there's that...His numbers correlate to his zone start % pretty evenly, I just wouldn't go crazy about adding 3 years of a 34+ year old with that AAV.
-Chychrun: Value is tied to the contract and the fact that the production has been there in the past. Hard to value anyone from that team right now...the rest of the lineup is going to drag your numbers down, regardless of who you are.
-Palms: Do people overrate him? I think there was a collective "What are you doing, Lou?" when he signed that contract.
-Price: Below league average in 4 of the past 5 years, excelled through 3 rounds of the playoffs last year. Why anyone would put a Price trade on here in the first place is beyond me, given that he hasn't played in almost an entire year. Personally, I'd be throwing Jake Allen in this spot. The whole "Oh, but he's a good backup!" thing is hilarious.

Here are a list of players who have more goals than brock boeser: Michael Bunting,Ryan Hartman,Tanner Jeannot,Marcus Foligno,Alex Killorn,van Barbashev,Evan Rodrigues,Ondrej Palat , The dude is literally 100th in the league in goals and is being valued like hes some 40 goal scorer which he just has not been. Not to mention his defensive play or overall point total(138th in the league). His strength is supposed to be stats which he isn't even elite at anymore. Not to mention he also has to be payed soon. It's insane to me how he is racking in a 1st round prospect++.

Some islander fans try to dish off palms as a positive asset which he clearly isn't (your gonna have to give up a second and more to dump him)

Koskinen is seen as an overpriced terrible goalie which he isn't. His contract is hefty for his play but he is an A+ backup when you don't overplay him 20 games in a row.

I haven't seen kerfoot or zacha play much but they are putting up more points than some "stars" do *cough* *cough* Boeser *cough* so I don't see why they are going as cap dumps/a second or third
Mar. 1, 2022 at 2:45 p.m.
Here are a list of players who have more goals than brock boeser: Michael Bunting,Ryan Hartman,Tanner Jeannot,Marcus Foligno,Alex Killorn,van Barbashev,Evan Rodrigues,Ondrej Palat , The dude is literally 100th in the league in goals and is being valued like hes some 40 goal scorer which he just has not been. Not to mention his defensive play or overall point total(138th in the league). His strength is supposed to be stats which he isn't even elite at anymore. Not to mention he also has to be payed soon. It's insane to me how he is racking in a 1st round prospect++.

Some islander fans try to dish off palms as a positive asset which he clearly isn't (your gonna have to give up a second and more to dump him)

Koskinen is seen as an overpriced terrible goalie which he isn't. His contract is hefty for his play but he is an A+ backup when you don't overplay him 20 games in a row.

I haven't seen kerfoot or zacha play much but they are putting up more points than some "stars" do *cough* *cough* Boeser *cough* so I don't see why they are going as cap dumps/a second or third

if you say koskinen is an overpaid goalie who is at best a good backup, not sure you can defend how undervalued he is. to be honest i feel he would be an average backup at best, i guess we will know for sure next year cause there is no way oilers bring him back.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 2:52 p.m.
Lenny7
Here are a list of players who have more goals than brock boeser: Michael Bunting,Ryan Hartman,Tanner Jeannot,Marcus Foligno,Alex Killorn,van Barbashev,Evan Rodrigues,Ondrej Palat , The dude is literally 100th in the league in goals and is being valued like hes some 40 goal scorer which he just has not been. Not to mention his defensive play or overall point total(138). His strength is supposed to be stats which he isn't even elite at anymore. Not to mention he also has to be payed soon. It's insane to me how he is racking in a 1st round prospect++.

I haven't seen kerfoot or zacha play much but they are putting up more points that some "stars" do *cough* *cough* Boeser *cough* so I don't see why they are going as cap dumps/a second or third

-I mean, I don't disagree with your assessment of Boeser, but he's basically a career 31G-34A/82 games guy. His 5 on 5 play possession-wise is pretty much in line with where similar players are. I guess it really depends on what your team needs, I suppose? As someone who doesn't think their team is in a position to get him, I'd probably do a 1st (15th+OA)+Very good prospect for him.

-Yeah, I think a lot (Some?) of people try to just dump their cap off for positive value. Gotta remember-The easiest way to go through a successful rebuild is to trade your bad players for top picks and prospects tears of joy

-With Koskinen, I just don't see it? Like, people go on and on about "So and so would be so much better if he wasn't a starter!". I feel like that's pretty rare, no?

-I feel like Kerfoot's value drops the second that you try and make the 22/23 cap work for Toronto. Sure, he's been more productive this year than normal, but unless you've got a team that's frothing at the mouth to add him, I can't see someone going crazy to save a cap strapped team. Zacha-There's not much more than a 40 pt/82 game player there...I guess it surprises me that he's gotten as much PP time this year as he has, given that the offence just isn't there. When it comes back to Boeser, it's hard to find offence. Again, 60+pt/82 game guy...they don't go cheap.
NucksnOilers liked this.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 2:52 p.m.
Save Mcdavid
Quoting: drambui
if you say koskinen is an overpaid goalie who is at best a good backup, not sure you can defend how undervalued he is. to be honest i feel he would be an average backup at best, i guess we will know for sure next year cause there is no way oilers bring him back.

Ive seen people say that halak is a better option than him. Halak.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 2:56 p.m.

Halak has been pretty bad this year i agree. but at least he was labbeled and paid for as a back up.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 3:24 p.m.
we miss leo k

I was gonna dig into the stats on this one but I realized I can say it way more succinctly - both are backup goalies at this point in their career, and both are having mediocre-to-bad seasons. If I'm allocating my assets, one area I don't want to put a ton of cap into is my backup goalie, so if I love my starter, I'm gonna pick Halak at $1.5M over Koskinen's $4.5M at this point and use that extra $3M somewhere else.

It's also worth keeping in mind that most of the ACGMs involving Koskinen have him going out because another goalie is coming in to take over, and most teams that are comfortable trading a starting-caliber goalie are doing so because they have someone even better ahead of them - perfect example being the Islanders. Tons of Varlamov for x + Koskinen ACGMS where Mikko only goes to NY to make the cap work. The Islanders have Ilya Sorokin signed next year, so the same thing comes into play - they're fine using the cap on Koskinen the rest of the way this year but he's gone July 1st and the hope is they get a better/cheaper backup option.

None of this is saying Koskinen is a terrible player. Just that he's 33 and an overpaid pending UFA. I think he's being properly rated for a guy that Edmonton apparently is very motivated to replace with someone better.
NucksnOilers liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll