SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game

Messages for MODs

Apr. 19, 2017 at 2:22 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Quoting: NobodyCares
Hey Mods, Can I make a GM game thread in the Boston Bruins section of threads? I want to simulate what would happen in the real world. That way every fan of the Boston Bruins has atleast some say in what moves we make and they can engage and feel apart of it. It would generate more clicks for you on your site because people would be coming on specifically to help us be better in this game. I would have limitations of the fans proposing 1 deal every 24 hours for us to consider. It'd be like having all the assistants and staff of the real Boston Bruins and everyone would put their thumb print on the team. I think that would be fun for everyone, and next season when it happens I could still be involved, but would take a lesser role so someone else gets to be the Head GM. That way we're all united as Bruins fans and we all contribute and buy into this, creating more popularity for your site.

I think it would be great, please let me know soon.

Sure, post the Arm-Chair GM and I can move it to the NHL Bruins thread
Apr. 19, 2017 at 3:51 p.m.
Jarvis can I make a GM Game thread in the Boston Bruins Section like I asked? I don't need more infraction points, I've quite enough already.
Apr. 19, 2017 at 3:52 p.m.
Quoting: Jarvis
Hey Mods, Can I make a GM game thread in the Boston Bruins section of threads? I want to simulate what would happen in the real world. That way every fan of the Boston Bruins has atleast some say in what moves we make and they can engage and feel apart of it. It would generate more clicks for you on your site because people would be coming on specifically to help us be better in this game. I would have limitations of the fans proposing 1 deal every 24 hours for us to consider. It'd be like having all the assistants and staff of the real Boston Bruins and everyone would put their thumb print on the team. I think that would be fun for everyone, and next season when it happens I could still be involved, but would take a lesser role so someone else gets to be the Head GM. That way we're all united as Bruins fans and we all contribute and buy into this, creating more popularity for your site.

I think it would be great, please let me know soon.

I'm not going to make a armchair, I'm just going to make a Thread with discussion about potential trades for players for the Bruins fans, so they can get involved and grow this game more. Then we get a bundle of guys coming on more and everyone is happy. BTW how do you make money off this? I don't see any adds.
Apr. 19, 2017 at 3:53 p.m.
Follow capfriendly
Jarvis can I make a GM Game thread in the Boston Bruins Section like I asked? I don't need more infraction points, I've quite enough already.

Yes he said that is fine, just reply with the team name and we will move it
Apr. 19, 2017 at 3:56 p.m.
Follow capfriendly

I'm not going to make a armchair, I'm just going to make a Thread with discussion about potential trades for players for the Bruins fans, so they can get involved and grow this game more. Then we get a bundle of guys coming on more and everyone is happy. BTW how do you make money off this? I don't see any adds.

Then go ahead, no need to ask about creating a discussion thread

The answer to your question regarding ads is in this article: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/capfriendly-nhl-expansion-draft-simulator-general-fanager-vegas-golden-knights-free-agents-salary-cap/

Quote:
The reigning undisputed leader in NHL salary cap information is run as a hobby by six diehard hockey fans, based in Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa and Kingston, Ont. All of them have day jobs, and the site is completely free of advertising.

“It would be nice eventually to cover the server expenses, but right now it’s mainly a passion project,"
Apr. 19, 2017 at 4:34 p.m.
Banks/Jarvis,

Just for curiosity, can a new "GM Game" even be made? Is it possible to have multiple GM games going at once on this site?
Apr. 19, 2017 at 4:43 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Quoting: F50marco
Banks/Jarvis,

Just for curiosity, can a new "GM Game" even be made? Is it possible to have multiple GM games going at once on this site?

Anything is possible Sticking Out Tongue
Apr. 19, 2017 at 6:08 p.m.
Banks/Jarvis,

Anything is possible Sticking Out Tongue

Nice good to know. cool
Apr. 19, 2017 at 6:11 p.m.
Hi again, could you delete the "ATTENTION ALL GMS" thread. I think it served its purpose and it will only stir up needless bad blood and I personally have moved on to trying to fix the issues the original way. Thanks.
Apr. 20, 2017 at 6:08 p.m.
BreKel
Banks/Jarvis

Can you please delete the thread "Need Thread Added/Deleted"

Thank you!
Apr. 20, 2017 at 6:08 p.m.
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: BreKel
Banks/Jarvis

Can you please delete the thread "Need Thread Added/Deleted"

Thank you!

NP done
Apr. 21, 2017 at 11:28 p.m.
Hi Banks/Jarvis,

Special request. Is it possible for me to create a thread. Have you guys lock it so nobody EXCEPT rangersfan can post comments in it? (In theory his comments would be yes and no answers to rule changes and modifications to the existing rules he's set up)
Apr. 22, 2017 at 2:07 a.m.
Banks/Jarvis,

Maybe restrict the number of trades made some how? Make it a little more realistic. 2 big multi player deals, 3 player for player deals, idk something a lil less rediculous ... And I'm no better, but just saying
Apr. 22, 2017 at 9:21 a.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Hi Banks/Jarvis,

Special request. Is it possible for me to create a thread. Have you guys lock it so nobody EXCEPT rangersfan can post comments in it? (In theory his comments would be yes and no answers to rule changes and modifications to the existing rules he's set up)

Sorry it's not possible at the moment
Apr. 22, 2017 at 12:49 p.m.
https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/302104

This is my updated team for 17-18
Apr. 22, 2017 at 5:01 p.m.
Hi Mods,

Made a couple requests in a thread named rangersandislesfan Master Thread, that you may be able to implement. Can you go take a look please?

Thanks
Apr. 23, 2017 at 11:54 a.m.
Go Jackets
Hi mods,
So Nashville's inactive GM is going to be demoted and Jmac will be taking his place. If the inactive GMs Nashville thread could be un-stickied and Jmac new post stickied, that be great.
Apr. 23, 2017 at 12:27 p.m.
Quoting: matt59
Hi mods,
So Nashville's inactive GM is going to be demoted and Jmac will be taking his place. If the inactive GMs Nashville thread could be un-stickied and Jmac new post stickied, that be great.

New link for Nashville.

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/306385
Apr. 23, 2017 at 2:15 p.m.
Quoting: FlyerFanatic
Quoting: matt59
Hi mods,

New link for Nashville.

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/306385

Thank you Flyerfanatic smile
Apr. 24, 2017 at 12:23 p.m.
Here's the New Link for Dallas: https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/306409

If the inactive GM's Dallas thread could be unstickied, and this one sticked, it would be much appreciated. Cheers!
ricochetii liked this.
Apr. 25, 2017 at 5:10 p.m.
Ryan
Quoting: DirtyRebound
Here's the New Link for Dallas: https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/306409

If the inactive GM's Dallas thread could be unstickied, and this one sticked, it would be much appreciated. Cheers!

Done
ricochetii and DirtyRebound liked this.
Apr. 25, 2017 at 7:02 p.m.
Is it possible for there to be a way that allows me (Vegas) to take more than one player in the expansion draft tool for the GM Game?
Apr. 26, 2017 at 1:28 a.m.
Hi Mods, had to redo my Panthers team again to change the salary cap. Please sticky the newest AGM I created and lock and close all others. Thanks!
Apr. 26, 2017 at 3:20 p.m.
Go Jackets
Hey mods,
If you could please lock the voting thread now (https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/57445) that'd be great. Thank you!
Apr. 26, 2017 at 5:58 p.m.
Banned
Hey MODS, can you please sticky my post in my Duchene Sweepstakes thread...thanks.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll