SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Edmonton Oilers signed Dmitri Samorukov (1 Year / $775,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Mar. 2, 2022 at 7:45 p.m.
Dmitri Samorukov has signed a new contract with the Edmonton Oilers.
Standard Contract (Extension)
Comparable ContractsCOMPARE THIS CONTRACT
SIGNED BY: Ken Holland
Length: 1 year
Value: $775,000
Expiry Status: UFA (No QO)
Cap % Tooltip: 0.95
Signing Team: Logo of the Edmonton OilersEdmonton Oilers
Signing Date: Mar. 2, 2022
Source: CapFriendly

Dmitri Samorukov signed a 1 year, $775,000 contract with the Edmonton Oilers on Mar. 2, 2022. The contract has a cap hit of $775,000.

SEASONClauseCap HitTooltipAAV TooltipP. BonusesTooltipS. BonusesTooltipBase SalaryTooltipTotal SalaryTooltipMinors SalTooltip
2022-23$775,000$775,000$0$0$775,000$775,000$775,000
TOTAL$775,000$775,000$0$0$775,000$775,000$775,000
Qualifying OfferTooltip: $813,750
Mar. 2, 2022 at 7:51 p.m.
I make typos
he is gonna be a NHLer
Mar. 3, 2022 at 7:47 a.m.
May contain nuts
Let's focus on the player, shall we?

The fact that it's a one-way and a little above league minimum tells me that Samorukov has a good chance to make the team next year. That's important, as he becomes waiver eligible next year too. His NHL debut was a complete disaster, but there's nowhere to go but up for this pure defensive defenseman.
CD282 and MountRoyal liked this.
Mar. 3, 2022 at 10:23 a.m.
Quoting: EmpressKayla
Let's focus on the player, shall we?

The fact that it's a one-way and a little above league minimum tells me that Samorukov has a good chance to make the team next year. That's important, as he becomes waiver eligible next year too. His NHL debut was a complete disaster, but there's nowhere to go but up for this pure defensive defenseman.

i wouldn't call him a pure defensive defenseman, as he has some offensive instincts and can make some great passes. agree with everything else you said though
CD282 and PrincessChloe liked this.
Mar. 3, 2022 at 12:14 p.m.
Ban Price trades
The way the organization favours Broberg and Niemelainen coupled with this contract being one way is really making me wonder how the Oilers are going to accommodate all three young men on the opening night roster.

Is Keith retiring and are the Oilers planning to feature a leftorium of Nurse plus three kids?
oilersguy liked this.
Mar. 3, 2022 at 12:21 p.m.
Evans truther
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
The way the organization favours Broberg and Niemelainen coupled with this contract being one way is really making me wonder how the Oilers are going to accommodate all three young men on the opening night roster.

Is Keith retiring and are the Oilers planning to feature a leftorium of Nurse plus three kids?

Likely signed to be the 7th guy? If he shows up good in training camp you keep him in your 6 playing defenders, if he's meh you keep him as your 7th and if he's absolutely horrendous you just waive him and it's a no foul play.
Mar. 3, 2022 at 12:30 p.m.
Ban Price trades
Quoting: ColonelX
Likely signed to be the 7th guy? If he shows up good in training camp you keep him in your 6 playing defenders, if he's meh you keep him as your 7th and if he's absolutely horrendous you just waive him and it's a no foul play.

I half expected Samorukov to take another two-way deal just so he could start in Bakersfield as the #1LD just because of the rotten injury luck he's had while Broberg and Niemelainen split the 6/7 spots on the NHL blueline.

Unless Broberg is the one to get reassigned?

Perhaps I'm simply higher on Samorukov than the organization is and the purpose of the one-way deal is to give the player an out via waivers should the coaching staff. I think it would be a shame to lose him on waivers.

At the same time perhaps having a contract for next season and thus less likely to bolt to the KHL makes him a more appealing trade asset.
Mar. 3, 2022 at 1:20 p.m.
Evans truther
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
I half expected Samorukov to take another two-way deal just so he could start in Bakersfield as the #1LD just because of the rotten injury luck he's had while Broberg and Niemelainen split the 6/7 spots on the NHL blueline.

Unless Broberg is the one to get reassigned?

Perhaps I'm simply higher on Samorukov than the organization is and the purpose of the one-way deal is to give the player an out via waivers should the coaching staff. I think it would be a shame to lose him on waivers.

At the same time perhaps having a contract for next season and thus less likely to bolt to the KHL makes him a more appealing trade asset.

To be fair at this time being Russian isn't an appealing trade asset. We'll see soon enough but with already the F1 calling a ban on Russian drivers I don't think professional athletes are protected from any outcome.
Mar. 3, 2022 at 1:36 p.m.
Ban Price trades
Quoting: ColonelX
To be fair at this time being Russian isn't an appealing trade asset. We'll see soon enough but with already the F1 calling a ban on Russian drivers I don't think professional athletes are protected from any outcome.

Banning civilians for the outcomes of corrupt government is nonsensical. I highly doubt the NHL and its affiliate leagues will take such drastic measures: if the NHL is already financially sore from reduced capacities in Canada it will in no way allow some of its brightest star power and marketability to be taken out from the sport.
oilersguy liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit