SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Boston Bruins

Bruins Defenseman

What defenseman should the Bruins trade for?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Apr. 20, 2017 at 2:39 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: BreKel
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

So do you see Marc Staal as a top 4 defenseman? I do, unlike a lot of people.

I don't touch Marc Staal with a 10 foot pole with his contract, and concussion history. Bruins can't be taking a risk with him. I think he's slowly moving into a "borderline" 2nd pair type.

If he's a top 4 d-man what's wrong with the 5.7mil a year contract?
Apr. 20, 2017 at 2:54 p.m.
BreKel

I don't touch Marc Staal with a 10 foot pole with his contract, and concussion history. Bruins can't be taking a risk with him. I think he's slowly moving into a "borderline" 2nd pair type.

Because he's signed for another 4 years and his injury history is concerning.
Apr. 20, 2017 at 3:02 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Because he's signed for another 4 years and his injury history is concerning.

good point ... but he's a good player.
Apr. 20, 2017 at 4:14 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
ok, someone voted for Beaulieu.
Apr. 20, 2017 at 4:43 p.m.

So do you see Marc Staal as a top 4 defenseman? I do, unlike a lot of people.

If NYR needs to shed cap and are willing for a minimal return for Marc Staal, I would make that trade if at least 500k is retained. I can't see NYR wanting do that because at the end of the day its more valuable to have him there than what might be the return. It's that type of player the Bruins could use though without having to part with all their assets. Im thinking along the lines of a player like Marco Scandella as well as a more likely option who is solid enough to play top 4 the next few years and from there we can see what these rookie LHD (Zboril, Lauzon, Lindgren) are all about.
Apr. 20, 2017 at 4:51 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DirtyRebound

If NYR needs to shed cap and are willing for a minimal return for Marc Staal, I would make that trade if at least 500k is retained. I can't see NYR wanting do that because at the end of the day its more valuable to have him there than what might be the return. It's that type of player the Bruins could use though without having to part with all their assets. Im thinking along the lines of a player like Marco Scandella as well as a more likely option who is solid enough to play top 4 the next few years and from there we can see what these rookie LHD (Zboril, Lauzon, Lindgren) are all about.

Well they wouldn't give up something to get rid of him and his contract obviously, but i think they could get a good return for Marc Staal. I see him as a top 4 d-man.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit