Forums/Armchair-GM

Bruins Need A C Read Description Please

Created by: Snowball
Team: 2021-22 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: Mar. 3, 2022
Published: Mar. 3, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Ok just trying to feel everyone out here, Bruins need a C no matter what, with Berg undecided, which plays a HUGE part in this, they could need a 1C also. ( I’m guessing Berg comes back for atleast 1 more year, hopefully 2 but none of us really know, and I really don’t want to be in a position like with Krech where it is a “surprise” and we have to plug a hole without notice)

So with that should the Bruins be hunting for a 1-2C young prospect? Preferably NHL ready, ya it’s going to cost a lot but the future of the franchise kinda depends on it. Bruins won’t draft top 10 for roughly 10years with Pasta up front, Mac in the back and Sway in the Crease and all 25U, bruins have the foundations of solid team to build around that will take them through the next 10 years, (Hypothetically, which is what all this is, I know) but with these 3 and some decent FA’s, ect, I don’t see bruins falling to a bottom feeder team anytime soon (hence the not drafting top 10 anytime soon, where you could all but guarantee a top center prospect) obviously there’s chance they get lucky and draft top 20 and snag a good center or trade up picks to get into or close to top 10 to secure a top center.

Studs could still be an option at 2C I guess, he’s shown good two way play and great work ethic he just needs time to settle in and see what his potential actually is at the NHL level I think

But there could be options out there but it’s not going to be cheap. I believe the 3 players above should be the only truly untouchables. (Also don’t see Marsh or Berg getting dealt anywhere and I’m good with that)

What’s everyone else think? Trade for one? or try to draft one, keep in mind if we draft one, even this year or next, with a 2-3 year development curve Pasta will be the oldest out of the 3, say somewhere around 28-29yo, which isn’t horrible, should be pretty much prime years roughly but if we trade for young guy now that gives years for Pasta and player X to build chemistry and keep us in a contending spot.

Obviously there FA’s that could be options but they are all going to be 28-29 yo + (T.Hertl 29yo start of 22-23, R.Strome 29yo start off 22-23, same with a V.Trocheck all UFA’s so wouldn’t cost nothing in FA to sign but all are going to want 6-7 year deals, probably 7-8m+ so plausible I guess. Couple RFA’s in PLD(24 yo in off-season) from WIN, don’t see them moving him but I guess everyone has a price if you want them bad enough, guess possible J.McCann(26yo in offseason) out of SEA could be possible 2C option) obvious there are more options out there but really don’t think bruins should be signing anyone 30+ years old to 5-6 year deals if someone around that age would take a 3year deal then possible I suppose to ride out Marsh/Hall contracts and bridge a young C development years I guess could also be option. Then there not really a whole lot of interesting UFA’s next season, I guess Larkin out of DET( be 26yo in that offseason ) but i don’t think he’s really gunna want to leave his home team being from MICh. and Horvat out of VAN (28yo in that offseason) but hard to tell where VAN will be team wise and if he will want to stay with team that drafted him and where’s he’s been his whole career(?). Few interesting RFA’s there to in Barzal out of NYI or Hintz out of DAL both will be 26yo. And both will be very $$$ depending on team situations. That’s all for older top level options for next few seasons.

Obviously there are a bunch of younger RFA Centers that would be very intriguing but I’m not listing all them (J.Norris, K.Dach, T.Zegras. S.Pinto, A. Newhook, ect to name a few over next few years) which are obviously getting into untouchable territory but again hey everyone’s got a price just depends on if your willing to pay for it.

One guy I didn’t mention and supposedly FLA was taking calls on him is A.Lundell (will be 21yo at beginning of next season, signed at sub 1m for 2 more season after this one) and should honestly be in the conversation for rookie of the year but not getting into that. Not 100% sure why FLA would be shopping him, I’m guessing they want top D in return for him? Seeing they have the goalie prospect in Knight and seems like good forward group already but I don’t really know FLA pipeline so just threw something together here so there was a “trade” and not just a discussion!

Please don’t get to hung up on this trade as it’s just a filler but I do personally believe C is the more important focus of the bruins right now and I’d really hate to see Urho go cause he’s turning into a top 4 LD that is also a huge need for BOS too I know, RD is set and LW is going to be a big need in 3-4 years I think so again don’t like trading URHO but

Alright this is gone WAY further then I wanted it to. Again I realize this all hypothetical and really depends on what BERG does, but I believe BOS should be looking for young Replacment that can slide into 2C for a year or two if Berg stays or be possible 1C if Berg goes what does everyone else think?
Trades
BOS
  1. Lundell, Anton
Additional Details:
Sorry FLA fans, this is more of a BOS discussion, I just threw this in here so it didn’t get taken down

Same with BOS fans, don’t get to tied up into this trade as it’s just something I thrown together quick
FLA
  1. Lysell, Fabian
  2. Vaakanainen, Urho
  3. 2022 1st round pick (BOS)
  4. 2022 2nd round pick (BOS)
  5. 2023 2nd round pick (BOS)
Additional Details:
I had heard awhile ago Lundell could be part of FLA package for right player ( Could be complete BullSh¥T£) idk why they would be trading him but whatever, so just threw this in here and it could be way off as I have absolutely no idea what FLA needs or wants in a return. So Please try not to hate on this to much as it’s not really the point to this ACGM although I’m good with it being Lundell
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$80,210,674$1,956,507$1,400,000$1,289,326
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$6,125,000$6,125,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 4
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$3,675,000$3,675,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Florida Panthers
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
RFA - 3
$3,100,000$3,100,000
RW
UFA - 2
$1,050,000$1,050,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C, RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 5
$6,666,667$6,666,667
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
$2,375,000$2,375,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$3,800,000$3,800,000
LW, C, RW
NMC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,687,500$3,687,500
LD
UFA - 3
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 4
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$4,100,000$4,100,000
RD
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$125,000$125K)
G
RFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$725,000$725,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 3, 2022 at 9:35 a.m.
Lenny7
I mean, you say Boston won't be drafting top 10 for 10 years with Pasta up front, forgetting the fact that Anaheim is going to sign him in a couple of years...
Mar. 3, 2022 at 9:41 a.m.
Cats aren’t trading Lundell period, he’s a #1 center but with Barkov and Bennett is playing #3. Their biggest need is a top pair defensive defenseman that can help offensively if needed. Looking at Gio, Hampus, or Chychrun but would t trade Lundell for any of them. However, if Zito said he was available then every team in the league would want him and it would be a massive overpay to get him
TZ11 liked this.
Mar. 3, 2022 at 9:44 a.m.
Quoting: Lenny7
I mean, you say Boston won't be drafting top 10 for 10 years with Pasta up front, forgetting the fact that Anaheim is going to sign him in a couple of years...

Sure you can try, I mean he is a UFA after next season, so anything is possible
Mar. 3, 2022 at 9:45 a.m.
Quoting: Kosterjr
Cats aren’t trading Lundell period, he’s a #1 center but with Barkov and Bennett is playing #3. Their biggest need is a top pair defensive defenseman that can help offensively if needed. Looking at Gio, Hampus, or Chychrun but would t trade Lundell for any of them. However, if Zito said he was available then every team in the league would want him and it would be a massive overpay to get him

K thanks
Kosterjr liked this.
Mar. 3, 2022 at 9:46 a.m.
Who ever said Florida was taking calls on Lundell is lying he’s untouchable
Mar. 3, 2022 at 9:47 a.m.
Banned
Few things that conceptually I think need to be addressed.
The bruins could absolutely be a bottom ten team with McAvoy, Pastrnak, and Swayman. That’s a great start, but without a center in the mix, that’s hardly a gaurantee of being competent. Also, Swayman has been stellar, but he wouldn’t be the first goalie to start off hot and regress quickly.

There’s no guarantees Pastrnak is in a bruins uniform much longer. UFA after next season. If the bruins take a step back next year - very possible, it could make a lot of sense to trade him. Heck, if for some reason (i think there’s next to no shot of this) Bergeron retires in the off-season, it might make sense for the bruins to move him at the draft. Him being a long term part of the core is not guaranteed.

If the plan is to trade for a young center, either a close to NHL ready prospect, or a guy just getting his feet wet in the NHL, there has to be a step taken before that. Fire Cassidy. Cassidy is not a coach thats meant for a retool.

As for as the players you mentioned, I like Hertl. Term scares me with him, but if he can be had for six years, I think the bruins should overpay to address the need. Strome sucks. Trochek is an interesting 2C option, but I think that’s only if you know Bergeron is coming back for the next two seasons.

I kind of like the idea of going old, and setting up for a significant re-tool in two years. Go get pavelski. Similar age to bergeron, and run those two guys as your top six centers. In two years, you’re without any centers, and you take a step or two back. That plan gives the waning year of the marchand/bergeron window a chance, while not committing to contracts for guys until their in their mid-30s.
Mar. 3, 2022 at 9:47 a.m.
Banned

It’s almost like you didn’t read the description.
Mar. 3, 2022 at 10:05 a.m.
Quoting: CMcAvoy73

Or he did and is telling you lundell isn’t going to be traded
Mar. 3, 2022 at 10:12 a.m.

I actually did, that’s why I didn’t criticize the trade itself because I know it wasn’t an actual offer just something thrown together so the discussion can be had. Then I answer the question of what the Cats current biggest need is and the potential options to fill it. Finally, I suggested if Lundell became available that every team would want him and it would cause a massive overpayment.
CMcAvoy73 and Hockey91 liked this.
Mar. 3, 2022 at 10:13 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Hockey91
Or he did and is telling you lundell isn’t going to be traded

I don’t think lundell being traded was in the top ten primary points of this post.
Snowball liked this.
Mar. 3, 2022 at 10:19 a.m.
Edited Mar. 3, 2022 at 10:25 a.m.
Few things that conceptually I think need to be addressed.
The bruins could absolutely be a bottom ten team with McAvoy, Pastrnak, and Swayman. That’s a great start, but without a center in the mix, that’s hardly a gaurantee of being competent. Also, Swayman has been stellar, but he wouldn’t be the first goalie to start off hot and regress quickly.

There’s no guarantees Pastrnak is in a bruins uniform much longer. UFA after next season. If the bruins take a step back next year - very possible, it could make a lot of sense to trade him. Heck, if for some reason (i think there’s next to no shot of this) Bergeron retires in the off-season, it might make sense for the bruins to move him at the draft. Him being a long term part of the core is not guaranteed.

If the plan is to trade for a young center, either a close to NHL ready prospect, or a guy just getting his feet wet in the NHL, there has to be a step taken before that. Fire Cassidy. Cassidy is not a coach thats meant for a retool.

As for as the players you mentioned, I like Hertl. Term scares me with him, but if he can be had for six years, I think the bruins should overpay to address the need. Strome sucks. Trochek is an interesting 2C option, but I think that’s only if you know Bergeron is coming back for the next two seasons.

I kind of like the idea of going old, and setting up for a significant re-tool in two years. Go get pavelski. Similar age to bergeron, and run those two guys as your top six centers. In two years, you’re without any centers, and you take a step or two back. That plan gives the waning year of the marchand/bergeron window a chance, while not committing to contracts for guys until their in their mid-30s.

I agree there are no guarantees that BOS won’t be bottom team in near future but I don’t see It happening, but hey any team can beat you any night in this league and you can go from cup contention to basically bottom tier in a quick minute to do anything is possible but based off what we have in front of us right now, with team we have currently there’s no reason to think BOS will be bottom tier in next 3-5 years safe to say so ya 10 might have been a stretch but still possible

Could be very beneficial for BOS to look at trading Pasta, it’s hard as obviously none of us have the inside scoop, but if there’s any question if he wants to not stay in BOS then he should be Dealt for a very good return. Personal opinion is if BOS approchs him with good offer and a good future plan for cup contention then he has no reason to leave. But again that’s all hypothetical

As for center it’s a tough spot to be in, but I to agree that if Hertl would take 6 year contract that should be the target but I don’t think he does, maybe like you said if they can throw in extra Million a year to take less term then possible for sure.
Signing older UFA is going to hard cause I assume they’re all still going to way 4 year deals so possible ride them for 3 years and flip them at 4th year but sween seems to hand out NMC like it’s candy so that has to be corrected so that they can actually be moved in final year which is going to put some guys off for sure. But same boat as hertl if you can overpay a couple years for less term then that be great. Pavs is option, not sure his worth at C but also Malkin and Giroux this year as 30+ year old UFA’s, then you got next year, Toews out of CHI who’s UFA next year only mention him cause of ChI “supposedly rebuild coming” but with all the conclusions and I’m assuming him wanting to retire in CHI, kinda unlikely, a lot of these older guys are going to want to resign where they currently are so going to be hard.

I think a rebuild is all but guaranteed to be needed here in the next 5years personally, I think that would be best option for longevity, I mean look at the pipeline it’s not good. Few bright spots in Lysell, Lohrei, Harrisson,, few dim bright spots and a lot of just fillers that will probably never be anything

But does BOS do that? Or do they do a half A$€ retool so they stay in the middle of the pack and try to make playoffs every year knowing they aren’t true cup contenders but saving their jobs and for The Jacobs Family $$$$$piggybank$$$$$

Could 1 top 1-2C save the rebuild and turn a retool into a viable option though? Idk, I mean take a 20-24yo top center and slap a young 1LW with him and Pasta up front along with the others and I think you have a playoff team but does it really get you into cup contention? I think could be possible

I to think Butch would have to go for a rebuild as he’s a spectacular coach but doesn’t entrust any young players but maybe if you told him this is the ways it’s going to be and it’s ok to not make the playoffs maybe his coaching style could change, IDK honestly and I’m not 100% sold on sweeny to be honest with you, he’s keeping BOS in the playoffs and that’s his job but is he really the GM you want to setup the future??
Mar. 3, 2022 at 10:25 a.m.
Pop Pop
So I think Florida would move lundell but not in this kind of deal. Florida is in win now mode so I only see lundell moving if he's a part of bringing in a better player not for parts even if they're good parts.
Snowball liked this.
Mar. 3, 2022 at 10:28 a.m.
I actually did, that’s why I didn’t criticize the trade itself because I know it wasn’t an actual offer just something thrown together so the discussion can be had. Then I answer the question of what the Cats current biggest need is and the potential options to fill it. Finally, I suggested if Lundell became available that every team would want him and it would cause a massive overpayment.

It’s all good, thanks for input again. And I expect some FLA talk in here also, I’ll have to find the article I read (maybe it was a video IDK) about FLA possibly being willing to move Lundell as it was awhile ago and I can’t remember but yes I’m sure it was for a top LHD, guessing the Chychrun to FLA trade rumor,
Kosterjr liked this.
Mar. 3, 2022 at 10:38 a.m.
If Florida was to move Lundell, and they are not going to, it would be for an immediate upgrade at another position as they are in win now mode.

They would not include him for Chychrun, you think Boston has anything of interest to them? Pasta, Mac, Marchy would have to be on the table for them to consider moving him. Maybe Bergy.

In other words. Never going to happen.
Kosterjr liked this.
Mar. 3, 2022 at 10:53 a.m.
Quoting: Snowball
It’s all good, thanks for input again. And I expect some FLA talk in here also, I’ll have to find the article I read (maybe it was a video IDK) about FLA possibly being willing to move Lundell as it was awhile ago and I can’t remember but yes I’m sure it was for a top LHD, guessing the Chychrun to FLA trade rumor,

It was reported that Arizona wants Lundell and/or Knight for Chychrun but Zito has stated that they are non-starters in any trade discussions. That can always change of course but highly unlikely.
Snowball liked this.
Mar. 3, 2022 at 10:59 a.m.
Quoting: Gofnut999
If Florida was to move Lundell, and they are not going to, it would be for an immediate upgrade at another position as they are in win now mode.

They would not include him for Chychrun, you think Boston has anything of interest to them? Pasta, Mac, Marchy would have to be on the table for them to consider moving him. Maybe Bergy.

In other words. Never going to happen.

Wow thanks for this as I guess I couldn’t figure this out by saying multiple times this was just thrown together to meet requirements

SO HERES SOME QUICK REFRENCES SINCE YOU SEEM TO BE TO HORNY TO READ THE DESCRIPTION

.”Not 100% sure why FLA would be shopping him, I’m guessing they want top D in return for him?”

“so just threw something together here so there was a “trade” and not just a discussion!”

“Please don’t get to hung up on this trade as it’s just a filler”

“ Sorry FLA fans, this is more of a BOS discussion, I just threw this in here so it didn’t get taken down

Same with BOS fans, don’t get to tied up into this trade as it’s just something I thrown together quick”

“ ( Could be complete BullSh¥T£) idk why they would be trading him but whatever, so just threw this in here ”

“ So Please try not to hate on this to much as it’s not really the point to this ACGM”
Mar. 3, 2022 at 11:13 a.m.
Wow thanks for this as I guess I couldn’t figure this out by saying multiple times this was just thrown together to meet requirements

SO HERES SOME QUICK REFRENCES SINCE YOU SEEM TO BE TO HORNY TO READ THE DESCRIPTION

.”Not 100% sure why FLA would be shopping him, I’m guessing they want top D in return for him?”

“so just threw something together here so there was a “trade” and not just a discussion!”

“Please don’t get to hung up on this trade as it’s just a filler”

“ Sorry FLA fans, this is more of a BOS discussion, I just threw this in here so it didn’t get taken down

Same with BOS fans, don’t get to tied up into this trade as it’s just something I thrown together quick”

“ ( Could be complete BullSh¥T£) idk why they would be trading him but whatever, so just threw this in here ”

“ So Please try not to hate on this to much as it’s not really the point to this ACGM”

I read it. Not sure why you would think otherwise.
Mar. 3, 2022 at 11:16 a.m.
I read it.

And you still felt the need, as a BOS fan (assuming from profile pic) to comment on the trade and not the actual discussion this was meant to be for????? Wow okay 🤯
Mar. 3, 2022 at 11:17 a.m.
Quoting: NathanHorton
Who ever said Florida was taking calls on Lundell is lying he’s untouchable

Not a number 1 c yet nor is untouchable. He looks well poised to be one, but it could also be the fact he's playing behind two good centers and doesn't get the tougher match ups. We'd have to see that first.
He does look good though. I can see him as a trade piece going back for a major defensive piece (Chychrun)
Mar. 3, 2022 at 11:18 a.m.
And you still felt the need, as a BOS fan (assuming from profile pic) to comment on the trade and not the actual discussion this was meant to be for????? Wow okay 🤯

Lundell was part of the discussion.

Just as you are using him as a representation, so am i.

Any team trading a young player of his caliber is in win now mode. Those are the players they’d be looking at.
Mar. 3, 2022 at 11:36 a.m.
Lundell was part of the discussion.

Just as you are using him as a representation, so am i.

Any team trading a young player of his caliber is in win now mode. Those are the players they’d be looking at.

Ok so bruins Centers we’re part of the discussion, hertl, Strome, Trocheck, PDL, McCann, Larkin, Zegras,Pinto, Norris , ect we’re all part of the discussion as well but didn’t feel like commenting on them or the actual discussion BRUINS CENTERS??? Just the one that was denounced as not really the point of the discussion is what you felt the need to comment on!?! 🤯🤯

You did not use him for any representation at all actually, you commented on his availability which was addressed multiple times

And you literally repeated a line already mentioned
“Not 100% sure why FLA would be shopping him, I’m guessing they want top D in return for him”

so AGAIN this is not a trade that should be taken seriously, it’s just something thrown together. Thanks for further proving you didn’t or were unable to actually read description
Man you are some kind of special breed 🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫
Mar. 3, 2022 at 11:59 a.m.
Edited Mar. 3, 2022 at 12:25 p.m.
Ok so bruins Centers we’re part of the discussion, hertl, Strome, Trocheck, PDL, McCann, Larkin, Zegras,Pinto, Norris , ect we’re all part of the discussion as well but didn’t feel like commenting on them or the actual discussion BRUINS CENTERS??? Just the one that was denounced as not really the point of the discussion is what you felt the need to comment on!?! 🤯🤯

You did not use him for any representation at all actually, you commented on his availability which was addressed multiple times

And you literally repeated a line already mentioned
“Not 100% sure why FLA would be shopping him, I’m guessing they want top D in return for him”

so AGAIN this is not a trade that should be taken seriously, it’s just something thrown together. Thanks for further proving you didn’t or were unable to actually read description
Man you are some kind of special breed 🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫

So you missed the point entirely. 🙄

80% of who you mentioned, are not options.

Either they trade for a short term vet asset at the deadline or they address it in the off season via mediocre free agents.

There is no easy button or long term solution 25 and under out there to be had. Unless you are willing to scrap this season and trade Bergey.
Mar. 3, 2022 at 12:10 p.m.
I don’t think lundell being traded was in the top ten primary points of this post.

But you had a paragraph on it
Mar. 3, 2022 at 12:21 p.m.

first off he didn’t have a paragraph on it, I did 🤔

And 2nd again it was denounced multiple times as just put in to meet requirements, Not sure if your aware but if you don’t put a trade in here and someone see’s they will remove it cause it’s suppose to be on the forum page but no one ever goes to forum page here sooo… here we are
Example A:
“just threw something together here so there was a “trade” and not just a discussion!”

Please don’t make me go get example b and c and probably d

again thanks for input on Lundell but don’t need FLA getting to hung up here on whether or not Lundell gets moved
Mar. 3, 2022 at 12:38 p.m.
Banned

I didn’t even have a word on it.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll