SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game

Unrestricted Free Agent discussion

Should all UFAs hit the open market even if there are talks of resigning them?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:38 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
What happens with all the unsigned UFAs?
Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:40 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

Back into the UFA pool for next time.
Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:28 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: ricochetii

for next year?
Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:45 p.m.

for next year?

No we will have another FA period
Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:50 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DavidBooth7

for next year?

when?
Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:56 p.m.

when?

TBD. Answer me in my Pittsburgh page pls smile
Aug. 8, 2017 at 4:55 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

when?

TBD. Answer me in my Pittsburgh page pls smile

ok
Aug. 8, 2017 at 5:58 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Friendly Reminder: 12am EST (tonight)

Every player you haven't made a decision on and posted for in the signings thread, will automatically be passed on and you will lose your opportunity to sign them.
To be fair, I will highlight all players passed from this point on, and those players won't be passed again at the deadline.
Everyone else will be moved along to the next team, or returned to the free agent pool.
Posts made after the deadline will be void/ignored until I have finished processing the remaining players.
(So you aren't trying to sign people at the last minute while I'm already in the process of moving them).

I will update the Signings thread once prior to starting and I ask that you wait until I update again before you start posting new signings, so nobody gets confused in the middle of all the player movements.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation. smile
Aug. 8, 2017 at 10:33 p.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
So im unsigning markov. Didn't realize we're basing this off real life stats if he has no effect
Aug. 8, 2017 at 10:37 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Rodzikhockey93
So im unsigning markov. Didn't realize we're basing this off real life stats if he has no effect

You don't have to unsigned him per say, you can just delete him and hold his rights. In case he comes back next ear or something.
Aug. 8, 2017 at 10:40 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: Rodzikhockey93

I posted in your team thread. Un-signing him isn't an option. There may be something you can do with him later, but for now you're stuck with him.
Aug. 8, 2017 at 11:26 p.m.
Go Jackets
FAs who required an ELC are allowed to be sent to the minors freely correct? Since they are waivers exempt for now?
Aug. 8, 2017 at 11:32 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: matt59
FAs who required an ELC are allowed to be sent to the minors freely correct? Since they are waivers exempt for now?

Shouldn't be an issue for people who know the difference between who is waiver exempt and who is not.
matt59 and phillyjabroni liked this.
Aug. 8, 2017 at 11:39 p.m.
Go Jackets
Shute, mixed up what the orange and yellow meant on the spreadsheet, I'll delete the NYberg signing for now. Sorry about that its late lol
ricochetii liked this.
Aug. 8, 2017 at 11:46 p.m.

Shouldn't be an issue for people who know the difference between who is waiver exempt and who is not.

When in doubt, search the contract with the search bar and find if that player is Waiver exempt. That should be the main guideline.
Aug. 9, 2017 at 12:00 a.m.
NateElder12

You should be fine but do what jabroni said. Waivers are based on age of ELC signing and games played
Aug. 9, 2017 at 12:00 a.m.
Go Jackets
The midnight deadline... does that mean every team who had the opportunity to sign autopasses now?
Aug. 9, 2017 at 12:01 a.m.
The midnight deadline... does that mean every team who had the opportunity to sign autopasses now?

I believe so
Aug. 9, 2017 at 12:40 a.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: Bo53Horvat

I believe so

Yup. Just finished processing.
Review for new player options made available to you.
Aug. 9, 2017 at 12:42 a.m.

It says I may claim Hemsky using waiver priority but I used my waiver priority as did Florida. Is that supposed to be like that?
Aug. 9, 2017 at 1:21 a.m.
Go Jackets
So for guys like Jagr who don't have an NHL contract yet (same for Iginla and Doan) will their full cap hit count towards the teams total cap hit even if they do not play in the NHL? Or will they be allowed to be LTIRed if they do not sign an NHL contract at all?
Aug. 9, 2017 at 1:24 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Am i allowed to sign Russell now or is it too late?

Edit: Never mind, i don't have the cap space.
Aug. 9, 2017 at 1:34 a.m.
Go Habs Go

It says I may claim Hemsky using waiver priority but I used my waiver priority as did Florida. Is that supposed to be like that?

Waiver priority doesn't go away, it just puts you at the back of the line every time you use it.

So for guys like Jagr who don't have an NHL contract yet (same for Iginla and Doan) will their full cap hit count towards the teams total cap hit even if they do not play in the NHL? Or will they be allowed to be LTIRed if they do not sign an NHL contract at all?

We touched on the subject before. They will count for now, but once we get into the "training camp" period, we will put something in place to convert those players into "Rights". So if they return to the NHL (often players on contracts in Europe have out clauses to return to the NHL, or can return once their season is up, ie. Sobotka), that team will be able to reinstate them, but we can put some relief in for players that don't play in the NHL this season.

I made all the necessary changes, so if he's shown as available to you, the choice is yours.
Aug. 9, 2017 at 1:38 a.m.
Black Lives Matter

Waiver priority doesn't go away, it just puts you at the back of the line every time you use it.

We touched on the subject before. They will count for now, but once we get into the "training camp" period, we will put something in place to convert those players into "Rights". So if they return to the NHL (often players on contracts in Europe have out clauses to return to the NHL, or can return once their season is up, ie. Sobotka), that team will be able to reinstate them, but we can put some relief in for players that don't play in the NHL this season.

I made all the necessary changes, so if he's shown as available to you, the choice is yours.

i don't even have the cap space though so i can't really sign him anyway.
Aug. 9, 2017 at 2:14 a.m.
Go Habs Go

i don't even have the cap space though so i can't really sign him anyway.

You still have room in your UFA budget, but if you don't wish to spend the rest of your budget and don't want to worry about the rest of the free agents, you can let me know that you are "done".
If you notice, I made a note that Minnesota and Pittsburgh are DONE, so I can automatically pass any players that would have went to their columns, so I would do the same for your team.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit