SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Leafs future goalie

Created by: budwyser1980
Published: Mar. 6, 2022 at 6:54 p.m.
Salary Cap: $81,500,000
Season Days: 54/200 (27%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the New York RangersNew York Rangers

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Georgiev, AlexandarNew York RangersNHL-$654,750111-------00
2023 3rd round pick (Logo of the New York RangersNYR)---010------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Mrázek, PetrToronto Maple LeafsNHL-$1,026,000111-------00
Niemelä, TopiWaivers ExemptToronto Maple LeafsMinor-$0011---0000--
2023 1st round pick (Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsTOR)---100------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$7,920,2992345643612
Change-$371,2500111-10
Final$7,549,049 (↓)2346 (↑)65 (↑)4 (↑)5 (↓)12000

Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsToronto Maple Leafs

Trade occurred while using LTIR
LTIR Relief: $5,625,000
LTIR Used Prior to Trade: $1,955,600
OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Mrázek, PetrToronto Maple LeafsNHL-$3,800,000111-------00
Niemelä, TopiWaivers ExemptToronto Maple LeafsMinor-$0011---0000--
2023 1st round pick (Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsTOR)---100------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Georgiev, AlexandarNew York RangersNHL-$2,425,000111-------00
2023 3rd round pick (Logo of the New York RangersNYR)---010------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$3,669,400234769358
Change$1,375,0000-1-1-110
Final$5,044,400 (↑)2346 (↓)68 (↓)2 (↓)6 (↑)8000
Mar. 6, 2022 at 7:16 p.m.
Too much. Take out Niemela, add another prospect and it's considered.
Mar. 6, 2022 at 7:29 p.m.
Nope
Mar. 6, 2022 at 10:16 p.m.
Stevenrap
At this point it might be the only to make a trade
Mar. 6, 2022 at 11:22 p.m.
Go Leafs Go!
Quoting: Dutchies
Too much. Take out Niemela, add another prospect and it's considered.

Agree about Niemelä Dutchies, and this tender might be worth a First rounder or he could be another Toskla. Either way would you feel confident with Campbell and Georgiev going into the 2022 playoffs? I would rather make that trade in the off-season.
Mar. 6, 2022 at 11:36 p.m.
Quoting: PJ_Acorn
Agree about Niemelä Dutchies, and this tender might be worth a First rounder or he could be another Toskla. Either way would you feel confident with Campbell and Georgiev going into the 2022 playoffs? I would rather make that trade in the off-season.

I would. I'm still a big Campbell supporter. He'll get it turned around before the playoffs. We just have to shore up the D and get the bottom 3 F lines figured out.
Mar. 7, 2022 at 11:53 a.m.
Go Leafs Go!
I would. I'm still a big Campbell supporter. He'll get it turned around before the playoffs. We just have to shore up the D and get the bottom 3 F lines figured out.

@Dutchies, I like your attitude towards Campbell. I want to agree with you accept something is growing in my mind.

As we watch this 5 goal against trend lately there are two narratives competing as to where the blame lay. Weak defence vs poor tending. At times this year, our defence was much more effective at clearing the space in front of Jack but as I watch lately all I see is lost position and cheap real estate in front of him.

Is it possible that there is a dressing room battle happening and the defence has quit on Jack?
Before you answer, pay attention to the body language between Jack and the players. What I noticed is that the behaviours (i.e., friendly-taps) have completely changed. Granted losing can be partially responsible, albeit, it is my suspicion that something has created a rift in the locker room that is affecting the team's willingness to play defence in front of Campbell.

What do you think?
Mar. 7, 2022 at 1:30 p.m.
Dutchies, I like your attitude towards Campbell. I want to agree with you accept something is growing in my mind.

As we watch this 5 goal against trend lately there are two narratives competing as to where the blame lay. Weak defence vs poor tending. At times this year, our defence was much more effective at clearing the space in front of Jack but as I watch lately all I see is lost position and cheap real estate in front of him.

Is it possible that there is a dressing room battle happening and the defence has quit on Jack?
Before you answer, pay attention to the body language between Jack and the players. What I noticed is that the behaviours (i.e., friendly-taps) have completely changed. Granted losing can be partially responsible, albeit, it is my suspicion that something has created a rift in the locker room that is affecting the team's willingness to play defence in front of Campbell.

What do you think?

I don't think it's an issue between the D and Campbell. The players still have a ton of respect for him. But at the end of the day, a goalie needs to make at least some of the big saves. I think the "lack of taps" is more Jack putting blame on himself, and being embarrassed or feeling self conscious over what's been going on. He's given up a number of bad goals, but there's been even more bad bounces and defensive miscues, and those are the ones that really weigh on a goalie. Just looking at the VAN game.......double deflection from the point through a screen. Double deflection off of Brodie's skate through the five hole. Bad bounce off of Marner's leg right to Chaisson, who took a perfect shot from 7 feet out. And these things are happening on a consistent basis.
We also can't just blame the D. Our forwards need to be much stronger on the back check. We need to work harder in the corners. When a D man pinches, the winger needs to cover him off.
The team is fragile. The second line hasn't been producing and looks lost most nights. We're still trying out new D pairings on almost a nightly basis. For a team vying for a Cup, this needed to be sorted out months ago. Other than the top line, this team needs to bring the effort every night, and not play down to their competition.
Mar. 8, 2022 at 4:17 p.m.
Go Leafs Go!
For a team vying for a Cup, this needed to be sorted out months ago. Other than the top line, this team needs to bring the effort every night and not play down to their competition.

You just highlighted my feelings about this team in this quote alone.

The question now becomes, after 4+years together and not finding a way to pull it together... why would we throw more futures away to apply a bandaid?

Knowing when to attack or when to retreat is the sign of a great general. Can Dubis face facts here?
Painful to admit, this team isn't built for success in today's NHL.
I'm not sure it can be fixed in 2 weeks either.

Matthews and Marner are the best Leaf pairings I have ever seen, so it's not like we have to burn it to the ground, but Tavares is a wrench in the spokes of the Shanna plan. The good thing about Tavares is a wrench is still a tool (free), that it can be converted into a quality Defender without a doubt.
Mar. 8, 2022 at 6:25 p.m.
You just highlighted my feelings about this team in this quote alone.

The question now becomes, after 4+years together and not finding a way to pull it together... why would we throw more futures away to apply a bandaid?

Knowing when to attack or when to retreat is the sign of a great general. Can Dubis face facts here?
Painful to admit, this team isn't built for success in today's NHL.
I'm not sure it can be fixed in 2 weeks either.

Matthews and Marner are the best Leaf pairings I have ever seen, so it's not like we have to burn it to the ground, but Tavares is a wrench in the spokes of the Shanna plan. The good thing about Tavares is a wrench is still a tool (free), that it can be converted into a quality Defender without a doubt.

Part of what makes them a great pairing is Bunting. I said it last year when they targeted him that he was going to bring more to this line than Hyman did. I was pissed when they kept trying to force Ritchie and others into that spot.
The D needs to watch Lybushkin and see what he brings to the table in their own zone. They need more of that. And the first line is back checking really well. That needs to translate to the other guys. The Tavares line is lost in both ends. Willie is soft, and JT isn't fairing well. They need a full time energy guy on that wing.

Targets for the deadline should be:
Miller (BUF) or Manson (ANA) on the back end. Big tough guys that are mobile, and won't cost an arm and a leg. Braun if those 2 guys go elsewhere.
I think Connor Garland would be a perfect fit on the JT wing to add some stability to that line long term (Kerfoot and a decent prospect should get that done with a pick). Hagel is an other great option, but he might be too expensive a cost since he's hot right now and signed at a bargain for the next 2 years..
Short term I'd target Domi, Statsny or Copp provided we can get them on the cheap (not a first or a top end prospect)

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll