Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$81,500,000$78,297,906$927,073$702,500$3,202,094
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$795,000$795,000 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$3,150,000$3,150,000
C
UFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$7,000,000$7,000,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$9,500,000$9,500,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$9,850,000$9,850,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$2,550,000$2,550,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$6,250,000$6,250,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$1,050,000$1,050,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$8,450,000$8,450,000
LD/RD
UFA - 8
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$4,250,000$4,250,000
RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
G
RFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$3,650,000$3,650,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$5,800,000$5,800,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RD
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$4,916,667$4,916,667
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$863,333$863,333 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LD
RFA - 3
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$925,000$925,000 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$750,000$750,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$750,000$750,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LD/RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 8, 2022 at 6:40 a.m.
What in tarnation
Chiarot is not what they need. LHDs are set.
EsoYeezus69 and Goofie liked this.
Mar. 8, 2022 at 6:47 a.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: justaBoss

Agreed, he isn’t of need at all.
Goofie liked this.
Mar. 8, 2022 at 6:48 a.m.
Billy739
They say DAL and MTL have been scouting each other since early Feburary
MTL's Best Scout the man we stole from VAN after he stocked their cupboards at the Draft in Eric Crawford
He doesnt scout personally unless its a top Prospect or Player otherwise he's the Director focused on the Big Picture

I think the fact the 1st game Crawford scouted was when Thomas Harley played suggests a package
I think DAL might end up with Chiarot and Petry giving up a 1st and Harley package to MTL if they RS on Chiarot and on a pending Klingberg deal

I've been hearing Klingberg to FLA a lot
MTL RS would help DAL get their maximum Return
DAL ends up with a bundle from FLA like a 1st,2nd and a prospect atleast with Petry to replace Klingberg and Chiarot as a Rental
They give up their 1st and a good prospect who wont pass Lindel or Heiskanen in the top 4 and Chiarot gives them a 3rd Pair LD who can play both sides while running top PK unit
Mar. 8, 2022 at 6:51 a.m.
Billy739

They have LD yes
They dont have a Chiarot to run their PK and send messages Physically
Lindel and Heiskanen are big and play hard but they arent Junk Yard Dogs

MTL and DAL are scouting each other the Heaviest for a Reason
I do believe the reason Chiarot isnt already traded to STL is there's interest in a Chiarot -Petry package to help them move out Lindell for max amount
Mar. 8, 2022 at 6:52 a.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: Billy739
They say DAL and MTL have been scouting each other since early Feburary
MTL's Best Scout the man we stole from VAN after he stocked their cupboards at the Draft in Eric Crawford
He doesnt scout personally unless its a top Prospect or Player otherwise he's the Director focused on the Big Picture

I think the fact the 1st game Crawford scouted was when Thomas Harley played suggests a package
I think DAL might end up with Chiarot and Petry giving up a 1st and Harley package to MTL if they RS on Chiarot and on a pending Klingberg deal

I've been hearing Klingberg to FLA a lot
MTL RS would help DAL get their maximum Return
DAL ends up with a bundle from FLA like a 1st,2nd and a prospect atleast with Petry to replace Klingberg and Chiarot as a Rental
They give up their 1st and a good prospect who wont pass Lindel or Heiskanen in the top 4 and Chiarot gives them a 3rd Pair LD who can play both sides while running top PK unit

Except Miro plays on the right side with Harley most likely pairing up with him in the future.

We have just no desire to pay up two firsts for a worse version of Lindell in Chiarot, and an more expensive version of Suter in Petry.
Mar. 8, 2022 at 6:53 a.m.
What in tarnation
They have LD yes
They dont have a Chiarot to run their PK and send messages Physically
Lindel and Heiskanen are big and play hard but they arent Junk Yard Dogs

MTL and DAL are scouting each other the Heaviest for a Reason
I do believe the reason Chiarot isnt already traded to STL is there's interest in a Chiarot -Petry package to help them move out Lindell for max amount

Grit is not an issue here. Benn does it far too often already. Hakanpää can annihilate a guy or two just because of his size.
EsoYeezus69, Billy739, Goofie and 2 others liked this.
Mar. 8, 2022 at 7:20 a.m.
Billy739
Grit is not an issue here. Benn does it far too often already. Hakanpää can annihilate a guy or two just because of his size.

Back End not front end
Grit on offense is a Luxury
Grit on Defense is a Neccessity

People talk a ton of smack about Chiarot
But no one clears net like him
Carey's ability to play the puck deffinetly went up as now one was rushing him anymore as Chiarot had already sent his messages

He's Physical every shift
Mark Schiefele match up in last years playoffs show he can also handle high level match ups
He pounded on MS all series in fact he baited MS into a penalty leaving him so frustrated minutes after leaving the box he made that hit on Evans
The hit wasnt even the worst part of it. It that he was still so pissed at Chiarot and mad from the penalty he was taking it out on Evans yelling at him that he was faking
Dude made himself look like a villain all because he was frustrated and worn down from a Chiarot

Schiefele was Suspended, WPG was eliminated and Chiarot was a huge part in putting Mark in that position where he eliminate himself
Its Mentally Exhausting trying to fight off Chiarot even when you youreself are a Physical Player when you want to be

I got more examples
But its clear teams Covet him for a reason
To those who watch him play that reason is a Clear as why he lead MTL in Ice Time in the SCF
Mar. 8, 2022 at 7:31 a.m.
Back End not front end
Grit on offense is a Luxury
Grit on Defense is a Neccessity

People talk a ton of smack about Chiarot
But no one clears net like him
Carey's ability to play the puck deffinetly went up as now one was rushing him anymore as Chiarot had already sent his messages

He's Physical every shift
Mark Schiefele match up in last years playoffs show he can also handle high level match ups
He pounded on MS all series in fact he baited MS into a penalty leaving him so frustrated minutes after leaving the box he made that hit on Evans
The hit wasnt even the worst part of it. It that he was still so pissed at Chiarot and mad from the penalty he was taking it out on Evans yelling at him that he was faking
Dude made himself look like a villain all because he was frustrated and worn down from a Chiarot

Schiefele was Suspended, WPG was eliminated and Chiarot was a huge part in putting Mark in that position where he eliminate himself
Its Mentally Exhausting trying to fight off Chiarot even when you youreself are a Physical Player when you want to be

I got more examples
But its clear teams Covet him for a reason
To those who watch him play that reason is a Clear as why he lead MTL in Ice Time in the SCF

We are set on D with Miro, Klingberg, Suter, Harley, Lindell, Hakanppa. We have depth with Sekera and Hanley.

Our need for a PO run is in the middle six forward position. A player like Coleman would do the trick.
Billy739, justaBoss, EsoYeezus69 and 1 other person liked this.
Mar. 8, 2022 at 8:02 a.m.
Billy739
Quoting: Phleb2
We are set on D with Miro, Klingberg, Suter, Harley, Lindell, Hakanppa. We have depth with Sekera and Hanley.

Our need for a PO run is in the middle six forward position. A player like Coleman would do the trick.

You wouldnt even survive in the East with that roster you're describing
Reminds me of MB insisting Vanek was enough on our ECF run when we clearly needed a Chiarot type
Price got ran and that was it for MTL

Still got a feeling Chiarot/Petry package is coming DAL way
They'll be moving Klingberg soon and looking for someone to RS for them to get max return
I think you'll see DAL Cash in while adding Defensive Depth on both sides and while getting picks / prospects
I think they'll use Harley to do it and walk away looking like genius's
Mar. 8, 2022 at 9:46 a.m.
Reminds me of MB insisting Vanek was enough on our ECF run when we clearly needed a Chiarot type

They'll be moving Klingberg soon and looking for someone to RS for them to get max return
I think you'll see DAL Cash in while adding Defensive Depth on both sides and while getting picks / prospects

We made it to the SC finals with a lesser D corps.

Klingberg is off the market and is now consider our "TDL rental piece".

Harley is not moving from Dallas. He is NHL ready, cheap and improving every game. I don't see why we would move him since he is part of our futur D corps.

I don't know if you follow this team closely, but if you would be, you would notice that the main problem is really not at the D position but in the middle six.

Apart from our Top and Super Elite line, there is not enough offensive production from our forward corps.

This is where work has to be done.

A player like Kessel would be welcome.
EsoYeezus69 and justaBoss liked this.
Mar. 8, 2022 at 10:11 a.m.
Billy739
[
Quoting: Phleb2
We made it to the SC finals with a lesser D corps.

Klingberg is off the market and is now consider our "TDL rental piece".

Harley is not moving from Dallas. He is NHL ready, cheap and improving every game. I don't see why we would move him since he is part of our futur D corps.

I don't know if you follow this team closely, but if you would be, you would notice that the main problem is really not at the D position but in the middle six.

Apart from our Top and Super Elite line, there is not enough offensive production from our forward corps.

This is where work has to be done.

A player like Kessel would be welcome.

DAL fans need to make up their minds
When they're offered a Middle 6 solution its always D that's the issue because Klingbergs leaving
Now that this problem is being focused on its Middle 6 forwards now ?

I'll go with DAL scouts
They dont send them out to every game during a pandemic its actually a lot of video not personal scouting
Eric Crawford who only scouts big names took a minute from focusing on the Big Picture running of Drafting and Scouting departments
This means 1/2 things

Either Harley is being looked at
Or Lindell is for a possible trade and sign

The fact that the game he 1st went to was the 1st game back up for Harley is about as coincidental
As MTL switching Chiarot to RD to showcase him in TML where he got a Goal and a OT Winner on his off side
TML had more scouts clustered at that MTL vs TML game then any other place in the NHL right now it was strategic

I'd personally prefer Lindell in a trade and sign situation
Lindell in pointless in 8/9 games with a 2 point night high
Petry has scored points 6/9 games with a 2 point night high as well

If this was what all the scouting was about i wouldnt be dissapointed
Mar. 8, 2022 at 10:30 a.m.
[

DAL fans need to make up their minds
When they're offered a Middle 6 solution its always D that's the issue because Klingbergs leaving
Now that this problem is being focused on its Middle 6 forwards now ?

I'll go with DAL scouts
They dont send them out to every game during a pandemic its actually a lot of video not personal scouting
Eric Crawford who only scouts big names took a minute from focusing on the Big Picture running of Drafting and Scouting departments
This means 1/2 things

Either Harley is being looked at
Or Lindell is for a possible trade and sign

The fact that the game he 1st went to was the 1st game back up for Harley is about as coincidental
As MTL switching Chiarot to RD to showcase him in TML where he got a Goal and a OT Winner on his off side
TML had more scouts clustered at that MTL vs TML game then any other place in the NHL right now it was strategic

I'd personally prefer Lindell in a trade and sign situation
Lindell in pointless in 8/9 games with a 2 point night high
Petry has scored points 6/9 games with a 2 point night high as well

If this was what all the scouting was about i wouldnt be dissapointed

I am only giving you my opinion. I do not represent the entire Dallas Stars' fans but I follow that team pretty closely.

Since JK is now not going anywhere (that was not the case a few weeks back) I do not see any need for Chariot or Petry.

Miro, Lindell and Suter are playing around 25 minutes per game.

Klingberg, depending on the games and the number of PP, plays around 20 minutes per game. Hakanppa plays the same depending on number of PK.

That leaves no need for players like Chariot or Petry.

Miro is going nowhere. Lindell and Suter have NMC. Hakanppa is a very useful and cheap third pair D.

As for the scouting of Dallas, well if every scouting intensity would leave to trade, there would be trading every day.

In other words, it means something and nothing at the same time in terms of trade activities.

Finally, why are you takling about signing Lindell? He is signed for the next 3 years after this season.
EsoYeezus69, justaBoss, SlevinKalevra and 1 other person liked this.
Mar. 8, 2022 at 10:47 a.m.
True Reverse Retro
Edited Mar. 8, 2022 at 1:20 p.m.

The Stars have a better record against the East this year than they do the West, so the notion that Dallas wouldn't survive in the East is just statistically untrue. You talk about grit and physicality being a necessity on the back end, but overlook the fact that from a pure physicality standpoint Hakanpaa has more hits/60 (by a wide margin) than Chiarot and Lindell has a higher blocks/60 than Chiarot. Hell, Joel Hanley has higher /60 physicality numbers than Chiarot

Sure, there's definitely more to the game than just hitting people or blocking shots, but for defensemen that do what Chiarot does, the Stars are actually doing fine...especially for the cost that Montreal is going to want a team to pay.
EsoYeezus69, justaBoss, Goofie and 2 others liked this.
Mar. 8, 2022 at 3:18 p.m.
Billy739
Quoting: TheMooterus
The Stars have a better record against the East this year than they do the West, so the notion that Dallas wouldn't survive in the East is just statistically untrue. You talk about grit and physicality being a necessity on the back end, but overlook the fact that from a pure physicality standpoint Hakanpaa has more hits/60 (by a wide margin) than Chiarot and Lindell has a higher blocks/60 than Chiarot. Hell, Joel Hanley has higher /60 physicality numbers than Chiarot

Sure, there's definitely more to the game than just hitting people or blocking shots, but for defensemen that do what Chiarot does, the Stars are actually doing fine...especially for the cost that Montreal is going to want a team to pay.

Thats actually kinda cool i didnt know that
They still gotta survive the West to play the East though

Anyway you slice it We Both faced the team smart enough to add Ruuta and Savard when both our teams said "were good"
Well so was TBL they were more then good on D infact better then either of our Teams
They overpaid for Savard equal parts for depth but also so MTL,WPG nor NSH could have him
Turns out it was the right call by TBL

Fans may not see it but your scouts arent following Petry by Accident
I only Speculate on Chiarot as i thought losing Harley would require him and he plays RD just as well as LD
But i digress
Mar. 8, 2022 at 3:21 p.m.
Billy739

Also Chiarot is Physically Dominating and wears down guys leaning on them to carrying his massive frame plus theirs.
Hanley who we developed runs into people at decent speeds like Paul Byron his rate is high but its no where near as exhausting to defend against

Trust me anyone who's played a bigger player in hockey at any level knows the difference is monumental
Mar. 8, 2022 at 3:27 p.m.
True Reverse Retro
Also Chiarot is Physically Dominating and wears down guys leaning on them to carrying his massive frame plus theirs.
Hanley who we developed runs into people at decent speeds like Paul Byron his rate is high but its no where near as exhausting to defend against

Trust me anyone who's played a bigger player in hockey at any level knows the difference is monumental

I don't disagree, but aside from Hanley, Dallas also has 6'6 Hakanpaa & 6'3 Esa Lindell. They've got some good size on the blue line. Not saying Chiarot isn't a good physical presence, I just don't see the need for Dallas to part with a 1st & a young prospect/player like Harley to bring in someone like him and an aging vet like Petry who's been having a down year & is on a rough contract
Billy739 and Goofie liked this.
Mar. 8, 2022 at 3:53 p.m.
Billy739
I don't disagree, but aside from Hanley, Dallas also has 6'6 Hakanpaa & 6'3 Esa Lindell. They've got some good size on the blue line. Not saying Chiarot isn't a good physical presence, I just don't see the need for Dallas to part with a 1st & a young prospect/player like Harley to bring in someone like him and an aging vet like Petry who's been having a down year & is on a rough contract

MTL had
6'4 Edmundston
6'4 Weber
6'3 Petry
6'3 Chiarot
6'3 Merril

With a Defensive 4th line of all 6'4 Skaters in Staal,Armia and Perry
We still werent big enough depite adding all that size
We were one 6'2 232lb D from a cup

Like i said , Size and Depth
You have the skill out the wazoo to the point im deffinetley jealous
Goaltending there's great Tandem of Age and Experience
Size is what they need

That's what decides games in Playoffs
They protect and create room for other players to succeed
Its why MTL's 4th line was 2nd in production only to its 1st line in the playoffs
They bullied pucks in

Petry's Down year was a bad coach
Under his new Coach he's got 7 points in his last 9
Caufield ,Suzuki and Anderson are all over a Point Per Game to in that time
So Petry's actually producing under MSL at a higher rate then last year or really any year as it stands he's almost 2% higher production than last year since MSL revamped his season

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll