Team: 2021-22 Pittsburgh Penguins
Initial Creation Date: Mar. 9, 2022
Published: Mar. 9, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
PIT
  1. 2023 2nd round pick (COL)
PIT
  1. Rakell, Rickard ($1,000,000 retained)
ANA
  1. Légaré, Nathan
  2. 2022 1st round pick (PIT)
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the COL
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$81,500,000$77,591,345$0$0$3,908,655
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$5,875,000$5,875,000
RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$1,463,139$1,463,139
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$9,500,000$9,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$2,636,364$2,636,364
RW, C
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$2,200,000$2,200,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$7,250,000$7,250,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 2
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$850,000$850,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
G
UFA - 1
$4,025,175$4,025,175
LD
UFA - 4
$750,000$750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 9, 2022 at 6:38 p.m.
BRUCE THERE IT IS
Oof I’d do this in a heartbeat but there’s no way Pens do that
BadBadgers liked this.
Mar. 9, 2022 at 6:45 p.m.
Canucks
I mean, the Canucks accept...
Mar. 9, 2022 at 6:53 p.m.
JimmyPaek
That’s awful for us
Mar. 9, 2022 at 6:55 p.m.
Quoting: edeangel84
That’s awful for us

How? We need players that can score and Marino has been just alright, but hasn't taken the next step. Rodrigues has been ice cold as well recently. I don't really see this hurting us.
Mar. 9, 2022 at 7:10 p.m.
Quoting: pensfan21
How? We need players that can score and Marino has been just alright, but hasn't taken the next step. Rodrigues has been ice cold as well recently. I don't really see this hurting us.

Yeah and if Letang gets hurt Luke Schenn and Chad Ruhwedel are your top pair and 2nd pair RHD. God save Jarry and DeSmith from getting absolutely lit up like Christmas trees…even with Letang in lol
Mar. 9, 2022 at 7:19 p.m.
Big Shoots
Quoting: Pensfan89
Yeah and if Letang gets hurt Luke Schenn and Chad Ruhwedel are your top pair and 2nd pair RHD. God save Jarry and DeSmith from getting absolutely lit up like Christmas trees…even with Letang in lol

If Letang gets hurt its over anyway. Take out Rodrigues and add some retention by van on Boeser and it's pretty close I think
pensfan21 liked this.
Mar. 9, 2022 at 7:36 p.m.
So if you’re getting Boeser, you’re willing to qualify him over the summer? If that’s the case, Rust is gone, it’s gonna be tougher to resign both Malkin and Letang, and Marino is a good dman with term at a manageable cap hit, why would trade him and then replace him with Schenn, doesn’t make sense.
Mar. 9, 2022 at 7:38 p.m.
Quoting: Orts41
So if you’re getting Boeser, you’re willing to qualify him over the summer? If that’s the case, Rust is gone, it’s gonna be tougher to resign both Malkin and Letang, and Marino is a good dman with term at a manageable cap hit, why would trade him and then replace him with Schenn, doesn’t make sense.

Dreger has just said that if the Canucks don't trade him they have a contract in mind and it's under the QO, I'm assuming the same contract would carry over to Pittsburgh if he's traded.
pensfan21 liked this.
Mar. 9, 2022 at 7:45 p.m.
Quoting: TheAlien
Dreger has just said that if the Canucks don't trade him they have a contract in mind and it's under the QO, I'm assuming the same contract would carry over to Pittsburgh if he's traded.

But that doesn’t mean Boeser is signing it
Mar. 9, 2022 at 7:49 p.m.
But that doesn’t mean Boeser is signing it

This is a mutual understanding on the contract between the Canucks and Boeser's agent. Obviously, nothing is set in stone but it seems like there's pretty good understanding on what he's signing for
Mar. 9, 2022 at 7:57 p.m.
Quoting: TheAlien
This is a mutual understanding on the contract between the Canucks and Boeser's agent. Obviously, nothing is set in stone but it seems like there's pretty good understanding on what he's signing for

If that’s the case then you’re okay with giving up Rust? Malkin and Letang are gonna command some term. Plus Jarry is gonna cash in 1yr after this season. They’re not gonna have much cap space.
Mar. 9, 2022 at 8:17 p.m.
If that’s the case then you’re okay with giving up Rust? Malkin and Letang are gonna command some term. Plus Jarry is gonna cash in 1yr after this season. They’re not gonna have much cap space.

Letang is most likely leaving anyways. I want to keep him and Rust, but they will likely get huge paydays elsewhere. 1/3 of them, probably Malkin will come back, at most 2/3 of them. If we lose in first round though I'd be shocked if more than 1 come back.
Mar. 9, 2022 at 8:20 p.m.
Quoting: BigShoots
If Letang gets hurt its over anyway. Take out Rodrigues and add some retention by van on Boeser and it's pretty close I think

Not really. They’ve won without Letang before but they had a competent 2nd pair.
Mar. 9, 2022 at 8:23 p.m.
Not really. They’ve won without Letang before but they had a competent 2nd pair.

If we can win without Letang, I'm sure Marino leaving won't destroy our chances at winning a cup. If Letang gets hurt and Marino is gone then yeah were in trouble, but I wouldn't not make a trade based on that. I would rather take that chance because if we don't trade for better wingers we are one and done anyways.
BigShoots liked this.
Mar. 9, 2022 at 8:27 p.m.
If we can win without Letang, I'm sure Marino leaving won't destroy our chances at winning a cup. If Letang gets hurt and Marino is gone then yeah were in trouble, but I wouldn't not make a trade based on that. I would rather take that chance because if we don't trade for better wingers we are one and done anyways.

Way to cherry pick the comment. Key words “we had a competent 2nd pair”. Schenn, Ruhwedel, or Myers as the 2nd pair defenseman make that 2nd pair way worse. And all gm’s make trades and fill their roster based on that premise. It’s insane not to lol.
Mar. 9, 2022 at 8:33 p.m.
Way to cherry pick the comment. Key words “we had a competent 2nd pair”. Schenn, Ruhwedel, or Myers as the 2nd pair defenseman make that 2nd pair way worse. And all gm’s make trades and fill their roster based on that premise. It’s insane not to lol.

We are stacked on the left side, I would take my chances with that as opposed to rolling the same forwards out when only Crosby, Malkin, Guentzel, and Rust can score. When we only have one line scoring other teams can shut it down and then we are done. This team is worse than the team we went into the playoffs with last year, so unless we make changes we do not have a legit shot at the cup. Could even try and trade Kapanen for another D. Regardless, we have to update our forwards and if it takes trading Marino I think its worth it.
Mar. 9, 2022 at 8:37 p.m.
We are stacked on the left side, I would take my chances with that as opposed to rolling the same forwards out when only Crosby, Malkin, Guentzel, and Rust can score. When we only have one line scoring other teams can shut it down and then we are done. This team is worse than the team we went into the playoffs with last year, so unless we make changes we do not have a legit shot at the cup. Could even try and trade Kapanen for another D. Regardless, we have to update our forwards and if it takes trading Marino I think its worth it.

Ok we are stacked on the left side. So teams will know to attack us on the right side lol. Right so if the team can’t score, one guy ain’t gonna make a difference and I’d rather have a defense that doesn’t suck than one that’s vulnerable. I mean continue. You are just making the case even better for why you keep Marino and not trade him for one of vancouvers forwards. Its not like Boeser is lighting it up at an extraordinary pace either. He’s got what? 7 more points than Kapanen lol
Mar. 9, 2022 at 8:41 p.m.
Ok we are stacked on the left side. So teams will know to attack us on the right side lol. Right so if the team can’t score, one guy ain’t gonna make a difference and I’d rather have a defense that doesn’t suck than one that’s vulnerable. I mean continue. You are just making the case even better for why you keep Marino and not trade him for one of vancouvers forwards. Its not like Boeser is lighting it up at an extraordinary pace either. He’s got what? 7 more points than Kapanen lol

I don't care if we swap for someone who is struggling, we need a change. Anything is better at this point than Kapanen, Simon, and other players who have not produced at all. Trade for Rakell, Boeser, and then bring in a D to replace Marino. We can afford to make 2 trades. I'm not saying this is the only route to go with my thread, but it is an option I don't mind. We need to at least make a trade and then bring up guys from Wilkes Barre. If you really don't want to trade Marino then trade the first to get Rakell. I'm not trying to discredit you, but this is just my opinion that I would not mind trading Marino for Boeser. What do you propose we do then to solve our issues? What changes would you make before the playoffs? Maybe we can find common ground with another approach, but I don't think we can just go in without change.
Mar. 9, 2022 at 8:48 p.m.
I don't care if we swap for someone who is struggling, we need a change. Anything is better at this point than Kapanen, Simon, and other players who have not produced at all. Trade for Rakell, Boeser, and then bring in a D to replace Marino. We can afford to make 2 trades. I'm not saying this is the only route to go with my thread, but it is an option I don't mind. We need to at least make a trade and then bring up guys from Wilkes Barre. If you really don't want to trade Marino then trade the first to get Rakell. I'm not trying to discredit you, but this is just my opinion that I would not mind trading Marino for Boeser. What do you propose we do then to solve our issues? What changes would you make before the playoffs? Maybe we can find common ground with another approach, but I don't think we can just go in without change.

Ok great, swap Kapanen and ERod for Boeser then. You’re trading a solid top 4 RHD for someone who hasn’t played much better than Kapanen. I agree with you that guys like Kapanen, ERod, Simon need to either step up or step out for someone new but trading good players for other struggling players to replace them and only trading our original struggling players for picks doesn’t help a contending team lol. Especially considering we can’t afford Boeser next year anyway regardless. His QO is 7.5 million. He did that for a reason. To get him to UFA sooner. No way the pens QO him and I doubt he’d be willing to take an actual fair contract. He wants paid Rust type money. I’d rather just pay Rust and trade Kapanen for Zacha or Comtois type of a trade. Or maybe see if Seattle would be interested in Kapanen and a prospect for Eberle. They get the younger players and less cap hit. We get the scorer. It makes more sense to go that route.
I’d also be ok trading a prospect/pick for Rakell.
Mar. 10, 2022 at 8:39 a.m.
Ok great, swap Kapanen and ERod for Boeser then. You’re trading a solid top 4 RHD for someone who hasn’t played much better than Kapanen. I agree with you that guys like Kapanen, ERod, Simon need to either step up or step out for someone new but trading good players for other struggling players to replace them and only trading our original struggling players for picks doesn’t help a contending team lol. Especially considering we can’t afford Boeser next year anyway regardless. His QO is 7.5 million. He did that for a reason. To get him to UFA sooner. No way the pens QO him and I doubt he’d be willing to take an actual fair contract. He wants paid Rust type money. I’d rather just pay Rust and trade Kapanen for Zacha or Comtois type of a trade. Or maybe see if Seattle would be interested in Kapanen and a prospect for Eberle. They get the younger players and less cap hit. We get the scorer. It makes more sense to go that route.
I’d also be ok trading a prospect/pick for Rakell.

I watched the Canucks game last night, Boeser was miles better than Kapanen, at least in this one. Kapanen is a non factor offensively and constantly turning the puck over. Boeser was all over the net, constantly with scoring chances and swarming the other team. Even when he wasn't scoring he was frustrating the other team and played a huge factor on almost every one of his shifts.
Mar. 11, 2022 at 6:47 p.m.
JimmyPaek

We need a winger for sure and I’m not against trading Marino in the offseason. Trading him before the postseason is nuts

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll