$4,750,000$4,750,000
      RW, LW
      UFA - 4
      Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
      $2,037,500$2,037,500
      LW
      RFA - 1
      Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
      $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$412,500$412K)
      C, LW
      RFA - 2
      $5,000,000$5,000,000
      RW, LW
      UFA - 2
      $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
      RW, LW
      RFA - 3
      $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
      C, LW
      UFA - 1
      $6,000,000$6,000,000
      RW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 1
      $2,200,000$2,200,000
      LW, C
      UFA - 1
      $925,000$925,000
      C, LW
      RFA - 1
      $825,000$825,000
      LW, C
      RFA - 1
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $6,000,000$6,000,000
      LD/RD
      UFA - 2
      Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
      $5,000,000$5,000,000
      LD/RD
      UFA - 5
      $2,000,000$2,000,000
      G
      UFA - 3
      $925,000$925,000
      LD/RD
      UFA - 2
      $3,000,000$3,000,000
      RD
      UFA - 1
      $900,000$900,000
      G
      RFA - 2
      $925,000$925,000
      LD
      UFA - 1
      $2,500,000$2,500,000
      RD
      RFA - 2
      ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
      $800,000$800,000
      LW
      UFA - 2
      Logo of the Dallas Stars
      $4,916,667$4,916,667
      G
      M-NTC, NMC
      UFA - 1
      $900,000$900,000
      C, LW
      UFA - 1
      $750,000$750,000
      RD
      UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Mar. 10, 2022 at 4:05 p.m.
      Terrible Anaheim trade man

No reason for Anaheim to get rid of Comtois
      OldNYIfan liked this.
      Mar. 10, 2022 at 4:05 p.m.
      It's going to be a 2nd that gets you McBain. Reportedly 24 teams have called on him so a 4th is really underwhelming
      Mar. 10, 2022 at 4:08 p.m.
      Once a Kings Fan Too
      Anaheim won't be selling Comtois cheaply and Colorado won't be selling Girard at all
      Mar. 10, 2022 at 4:49 p.m.
      Come on why would COL do that? Mittlestadt is worth nothing to COL they have their own better version of him in Tyson Jost. A d prospect is about the last thing COL needs, and a late 1st rd pick, for a 23yr old top pairing capable guy locked up for the next half decade on a sweetheart deal. I mean you slid him right in there in the top pairing. A Girard to BUF starts with Tuch and BUF adding, but if BUF doesn’t want to do that fine, COL will just keep Girard.
      Mar. 10, 2022 at 5:32 p.m.
      Quoting: Xqb15a
      Come on why would COL do that? Mittlestadt is worth nothing to COL they have their own better version of him in Tyson Jost. A d prospect is about the last thing COL needs, and a late 1st rd pick, for a 23yr old top pairing capable guy locked up for the next half decade on a sweetheart deal. I mean you slid him right in there in the top pairing. A Girard to BUF starts with Tuch and BUF adding, but if BUF doesn’t want to do that fine, COL will just keep Girard.

I mean that's just ridiculous man.
      Girards best quality is his contract which is nice but he is a solid middle pairing dude that could play up on younger/less talented roster.
      But Girard on your top pair is meh.
      Mar. 10, 2022 at 5:44 p.m.
      Quoting: RoyalBlueSabres
      I mean that's just ridiculous man.
      Girards best quality is his contract which is nice but he is a solid middle pairing dude that could play up on younger/less talented roster.
      But Girard on your top pair is meh.

So a 23yr old guy that eats 20+ minutes scores 30pts a season with zero PP1 time on one of the best teams is just solid? What do you think those numbers turn into if he got qb a PP1 for an entire season? Just because he is stuck behind two absolutely elite #1’s doesn’t diminish his abilities. Everybody is entitled to their opinion but the proposed trade is an absolute joke, and there is no way COL trades him to BUF without Tuch + going back.
      Mar. 10, 2022 at 6:21 p.m.
      Sabres fan
      So a 23yr old guy that eats 20+ minutes scores 30pts a season with zero PP1 time on one of the best teams is just solid? What do you think those numbers turn into if he got qb a PP1 for an entire season? Just because he is stuck behind two absolutely elite #1’s doesn’t diminish his abilities. Everybody is entitled to their opinion but the proposed trade is an absolute joke, and there is no way COL trades him to BUF without Tuch + going back.

You can’t really tell me that no one on the roster has their numbers inflated by the immense amount of talent around them. When a second or third pairing defender has 30 points in 2/3 of a season you can probably cut those points in half if you take him off that team, even if he gets more minutes on another team. And admittedly I don’t know enough about him, but I don’t see him as the kind of defender the Sabres are looking for. They want someone defensively responsible to pair with a partner who takes more risks. Understand that Alex Tuch is likely off the table in just about any trade. If the asking price for the kind of player they want is too high from Colorado there are plenty of other teams they can call. Since nobody has any cap space and Buffalo has all of it, eventually somebody has to take less than a guy is worth because there is no one else to deal with.
      Mar. 10, 2022 at 6:25 p.m.
      avs decline this instantly, not at all what they would want if they wanted to move Girard
      Mar. 11, 2022 at 9:35 a.m.
      Quoting: Tjm220
      You can’t really tell me that no one on the roster has their numbers inflated by the immense amount of talent around them. When a second or third pairing defender has 30 points in 2/3 of a season you can probably cut those points in half if you take him off that team, even if he gets more minutes on another team. And admittedly I don’t know enough about him, but I don’t see him as the kind of defender the Sabres are looking for. They want someone defensively responsible to pair with a partner who takes more risks. Understand that Alex Tuch is likely off the table in just about any trade. If the asking price for the kind of player they want is too high from Colorado there are plenty of other teams they can call. Since nobody has any cap space and Buffalo has all of it, eventually somebody has to take less than a guy is worth because there is no one else to deal with.

You can’t tell me his numbers are inflated. He has been roughly a 30pt player his whole career. And what statistical factors can you point to other than the “this is what I think” factor would indicate a decrease in production? That is justifiably the asking price. Girard is the poster child for there is a size bias that exists in real life and on CF, it doesn’t matter how good he is people try and diminish it because he is smaller because you haven’t been watching if you think Girard isn’t defensively responsible, he just plays defense with positioning, stick work, and the ability to get to the puck first. If you think Tuch is so valuable fine, but in regards to him, tell me how many 60pt seasons has he had? How many teams have said you know what we can part with him, not as a prospect but as an NHL player?
      Mar. 11, 2022 at 1:09 p.m.
      Sabres fan
      You can’t tell me his numbers are inflated. He has been roughly a 30pt player his whole career. And what statistical factors can you point to other than the “this is what I think” factor would indicate a decrease in production? That is justifiably the asking price. Girard is the poster child for there is a size bias that exists in real life and on CF, it doesn’t matter how good he is people try and diminish it because he is smaller because you haven’t been watching if you think Girard isn’t defensively responsible, he just plays defense with positioning, stick work, and the ability to get to the puck first. If you think Tuch is so valuable fine, but in regards to him, tell me how many 60pt seasons has he had? How many teams have said you know what we can part with him, not as a prospect but as an NHL player?

When you have a top nine forwards that would be top six forwards on any other team, and an offense that can’t be stopped most nights defenders pile up a lot of assists. That’s how his numbers get inflated, like playing on the wing with a superstar Center would inflate anyone’s opportunities and therefore conversion rate. Place him with inevitably lesser talent and he will have to do more things himself. As I mentioned I don’t know Girard’s game very well, he could be a very defensively responsible player but I don’t know that much about him. He appears to be a very offensive minded defenseman, but I don’t watch very many Colorado games.

Plenty of smaller defenseman can be very valuable, plenty of bigger guys aren’t that great. I understand you have to pay quality to get quality. But Alex Tuch is likely the next captain of the Sabres. It’s very unlikely, especially since he wants to be here that they would even consider trading him for anyone. Minnesota was stupid to give him away to Vegas, I don’t think anyone disputes that now. Vegas was only willing to trade him because the Sabres specifically demanded he be in the Jack Eichel trade or he’d have gone elsewhere. They felt giving up a premiere power forward on a good contract in addition to their top prospect and next year‘s first round pick was worth picking up a 25 year old number one Center with a contract in place. It’s a gamble they were willing to make because players like Jack Eichel are not usually available. It looks like the trade will pay off for both teams. It’s already seemingly paying dividends in Buffalo.
      Mar. 11, 2022 at 6:43 p.m.
      Quoting: Tjm220
      When you have a top nine forwards that would be top six forwards on any other team, and an offense that can’t be stopped most nights defenders pile up a lot of assists. That’s how his numbers get inflated, like playing on the wing with a superstar Center would inflate anyone’s opportunities and therefore conversion rate. Place him with inevitably lesser talent and he will have to do more things himself. As I mentioned I don’t know Girard’s game very well, he could be a very defensively responsible player but I don’t know that much about him. He appears to be a very offensive minded defenseman, but I don’t watch very many Colorado games.

Plenty of smaller defenseman can be very valuable, plenty of bigger guys aren’t that great. I understand you have to pay quality to get quality. But Alex Tuch is likely the next captain of the Sabres. It’s very unlikely, especially since he wants to be here that they would even consider trading him for anyone. Minnesota was stupid to give him away to Vegas, I don’t think anyone disputes that now. Vegas was only willing to trade him because the Sabres specifically demanded he be in the Jack Eichel trade or he’d have gone elsewhere. They felt giving up a premiere power forward on a good contract in addition to their top prospect and next year‘s first round pick was worth picking up a 25 year old number one Center with a contract in place. It’s a gamble they were willing to make because players like Jack Eichel are not usually available. It looks like the trade will pay off for both teams. It’s already seemingly paying dividends in Buffalo.

Let’s be a little realistic here. Newhook is the only guy on the 3rd line that would be a regular top 6 guy (depth scoring is something COL needs more of) Girard gets #3 dman minutes and they are big minutes 21:44 this year, But if you think he is getting rich getting secondary assists playing with the MacKinnon line that is reserved for Makar and Toews. I mean his 2 most common d partners are Jack and Eric Johnson who combined have fewer points than him. He has great vision and is a really good passer If he Qb’d the Avs power play he would be a 50pt guy. Regardless, if BUF wouldn’t do Tuch so be it. My point from the beginning is a sad package of a late 1st, a d prospect and forward COL wouldn’t want doesn’t remotely get the job done. Dmen that can log big minutes play both sides and contribute offensively are extremely valuable, 23yr old dmen like that locked up for half a decade doubly so. Good chat.

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll