Common W
csick and NoVaSpartan liked this.
Mar. 10, 2022 at 9:56 p.m.
What trade?
The Eichel one??
csick liked this.
Mar. 10, 2022 at 9:58 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
It kinda reminds of the Sabres in their first season when Punch Imlach as Sabres GM and coach returned to Maple Leaf Gardens and beat the Leafs 7 to 2. The fact that Buffalo lost the following six games to the Leafs that season seemed meaningless to Imlach.

By the way, I liked the Sabres trade for the Sabres. Tuch looks like a bargain on his deal. So much depends on how the Sabres spend the 5m cap difference between Tuch and Eichel.
Mar. 10, 2022 at 10:06 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: wojme
Common W

Remember the Karlsson trade? EK for Norris and Stutzle and more lol
BuFfaLOFaN and wojme liked this.
Mar. 10, 2022 at 10:09 p.m.
Quoting: palhal
It kinda reminds of the Sabres in their first season when Punch Imlach as Sabres GM and coach returned to Maple Leaf Gardens and beat the Leafs 7 to 2. The fact that Buffalo lost the following six games to the Leafs that season seemed meaningless to Imlach.

By the way, I liked the Sabres trade for the Sabres. Tuch looks like a bargain on his deal. So much depends on how the Sabres spend the 5m cap difference between Tuch and Eichel.

A lot depends on how we continue to build the team as well
Adams isn’t done- Lots more work needed
palhal liked this.
Mar. 10, 2022 at 10:35 p.m.

The early returns are nice. It's probable that adams wanted a higher end piece, but this trade checked the boxes and the players we got look good so far. As far as money, yeah tuch looks like a nice contract, but I don't know how much that extra money is gonna figure in, I think the pegulas might be fine with being near the floor. I heard the attendance tonight was 12k, which is one of the biggest crowds of the year. I just don't see the owners spending to the cap- they don't win and people are staying away in droves.
Mar. 10, 2022 at 11:26 p.m.

It doesnt. Tuch is the most complete player that has been in buffalo since the lockout. Probably the first player deserving of wearing the C since Drury and Biere. They already won this trade. Vegas 4-7 with Eichel.

Watch some of Eichel post game clips. He has some wowzers in there. "I guess they were booing me cause they want me to still play here" He also insults the fans. The guy is an asshat.
Mar. 10, 2022 at 11:44 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: sabres89
The early returns are nice. It's probable that adams wanted a higher end piece, but this trade checked the boxes and the players we got look good so far. As far as money, yeah tuch looks like a nice contract, but I don't know how much that extra money is gonna figure in, I think the pegulas might be fine with being near the floor. I heard the attendance tonight was 12k, which is one of the biggest crowds of the year. I just don't see the owners spending to the cap- they don't win and people are staying away in droves.

Last place teams shouldn't be spending to the cap. Sabres hopefully will spend wisely when it's to the best for the team The reason attendance is down is due to the border restrictions in the past two years. Canadians weren't going to Sabres games. And once folks get out of a habit (buying tickets) it takes awhile (if ever) to get them back. Plus the Sabres gotta win an more and be entertaining. That can happen
Mar. 11, 2022 at 11:23 a.m.
Did anyone see Eichel's post game interview? Absolutely Classless.
BuFfaLOFaN and Saskleaf liked this.
Mar. 11, 2022 at 5:19 p.m.
Quoting: aedoran
Did anyone see Eichel's post game interview? Absolutely Classless.

thats the reason sabres fans where booing him lol can't blame them for not being excited when he was on the team, it was never good and we didn't have an enemy.
aedoran and Saskleaf liked this.
Mar. 11, 2022 at 6:16 p.m.
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
thats the reason sabres fans where booing him lol can't blame them for not being excited when he was on the team, it was never good and we didn't have an enemy.

I agree. After Eichel's response that reporter should've responded with "Maybe you were the problem."
BuFfaLOFaN and Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 2, 2022 at 11:15 a.m.
Edited Apr. 2, 2022 at 11:21 a.m.
I think both teams received what they wanted...Vegas gets their #1 center who will compile plenty of points, The Sabres received a leader in Tuch on a team friendly contract who will also contribute on the ice as well as off the ice. Krebs is growing with each game and combined these two may never equal Eichels point totals but will surpass Eichel in every other facet of the game. The 1st is very important and if the Sabres are lucky and Vegas misses the playoffs and stays between 11-16 they have to hit on that pick.

I think what @palhal said in how the Sabres use the money saved in trading Eichel is very important....actually trading Eichel's contract could also turn into an extra player or two that can be added to the roster and not hurt the cap in the least. That extra cash can be used to add a better RHD in free agency.

If both teams are happy with the components they received than I say both teams win and that's what a good hockey trade should produce.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll