SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Boston Bruins

How Over rated is Karlsson

Apr. 19, 2017 at 9:54 p.m.
I swear to God all they show of Karlsson are his great plays in this series which I think are exceptional, but he's always the player turning over the puck, am I the only one seeing this?
Apr. 19, 2017 at 10:26 p.m.
BreKel
He's not overrated. He's a top 5 NHL defenseman in the league and he's showing it.
Apr. 19, 2017 at 10:45 p.m.
His offensive abilities are amazing, no doubt. But his turnovers are no where near what makes a player the best defenseman in the NHL
Apr. 19, 2017 at 10:50 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Erik Karlsson? Why is this is the Bruins section? Because he's playing against Boston? I guess.

Anyway, i think he's overrated. I don't think he's THAT overrated, but yeah, i wouldn't call him top 5 d-men in the league. Maybe top 10 but not top 5 for me (probably Doughty, Burns, Josi, McDonagh, and maybe Hedman). I haven't seen much of the Sens-Bruins series, but in the original season i've seen him give the puck away quite a bit. And i asked about what else it would take to get Tavares when you start with Karlsson, and people were saying that even if Tavares didn't have an expiring contract, they wouldn't give up Karlsson for Tavares, when i'd much rather have John Tavares. That's just me though.
Apr. 19, 2017 at 11:00 p.m.
He's not. He is an elite puck mover, skater, passer and shot blocker. I don't use the word "elite" loosely.
Apr. 19, 2017 at 11:19 p.m.
I think John Tavares is much more of a game breaker than Karlsson. The thing is in this series Karlsson is man handling the Bruins with his offensive ability but really I think his skills are being inflated when guys like Schaller and Moore are the ones chasing after him. The minute Karlsson plays against guys who are equal to his speed, he falls apart.
Apr. 20, 2017 at 8:21 a.m.
Karlsson is far form overrated lol. He does cough up the puck a lot, but he sitll carried a 92.1 oiSV% this year, so it's not really hurting the team.
Apr. 20, 2017 at 9:15 a.m.
BreKel
Quoting: ON3M4N
Karlsson is far form overrated lol. He does cough up the puck a lot, but he sitll carried a 92.1 oiSV% this year, so it's not really hurting the team.

Karlsson is the best player in this series, and showing it. He's been a factor on pretty much every Ottawa goal. He's taken huge strides in his own end as well. Is he perfect there? Nope.... But for his turnover issues, he's one of the best shot blockers in the league. He's a superstar, a game-changer. He's definitely not overrated.
Jun. 10, 2017 at 7:52 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: BreKel
Quoting: ON3M4N

Karlsson is the best player in this series, and showing it. He's been a factor on pretty much every Ottawa goal. He's taken huge strides in his own end as well. Is he perfect there? Nope.... But for his turnover issues, he's one of the best shot blockers in the league. He's a superstar, a game-changer. He's definitely not overrated.

I agree with most of this except for the last line. I think he is overrated as some think he is better than Doughty.
Jun. 10, 2017 at 9:16 p.m.
BreKel
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

I agree with most of this except for the last line. I think he is overrated as some think he is better than Doughty.

Why are you resurrecting this thread?
Jun. 11, 2017 at 12:06 a.m.
Black Lives Matter

i just hadn't noticed that comment and wanted to reply to it because i had something to say about it.
Jun. 11, 2017 at 8:22 a.m.
BreKel

i just hadn't noticed that comment and wanted to reply to it because i had something to say about it.

Your comment could have just been swallowed and forgotten. Nothing of anything came from it. Any normal fan know karlsson isn't overrated.

And side note. Why is this even here in the Bruins forum? It has nothing to do with the team.
Jun. 11, 2017 at 6:24 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Your comment could have just been swallowed and forgotten. Nothing of anything came from it. Any normal fan know karlsson isn't overrated.

And side note. Why is this even here in the Bruins forum? It has nothing to do with the team.

It was because they were playing ottawa at the time i think. And if people agreed with me that he was overrated, i wouldn't think he's overrated. overrated and underrated is compared to how good others think the player is.
Jun. 11, 2017 at 7:01 p.m.
get ur corsi up

It was because they were playing ottawa at the time i think. And if people agreed with me that he was overrated, i wouldn't think he's overrated. overrated and underrated is compared to how good others think the player is.

No point replying, he's banned.
nobody liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll