SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

In depth

In depth

Draft Class: 2022
Created By: Devs17
Published: Mar. 13, 2022 at 5:08 a.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-If Montreal has this pick I think it’s a no brainer. Him and Suzuki as the One two punch is just the youth movement Montreal has been looking for
2Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-If chychrun is traded I feel they get a center prospect in return. Nemec is a guy that can fill the void of a future number one rhd. Also I can see how they can see flashbacks to hayton with cooley
3Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Ron Francis got his future ceter now he’s gonna do what he does best/most often and draft a defenseman with his first round selection
4Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Think this is a no brainer but I can see why Buffalo might be interested in savoie. But I think this would be too good for them. Cozens and Thompson look like a nice Top 2 centers but they shouldn’t be Penciled in
5Logo of the Ottawa Senators-I think either savoie slafkovsky and kemmel could be a good fit here but the style savoie plays is one l would say Ottawa lacks. He’d be a dynamic setup man who guys like Norris and Tkachuk can live off of. I see a bit of Johnny Guedreau in his game.
6Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Hot take I think Philly trades this pick again to try to get good now but if kemmel finshes the season strong I think his numbers will outshine slafkovsky and Philly is in need of an absolute sniper
7Logo of the New Jersey Devils-I think the devils will pick around 5-6. The missed on rantanen 7 years ago. Not this time. This play style is the missing piece to their puzzle. Especially that the defensemen are gone it’s a Great selection for them
8Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Chicago BlackhawksEuropeans seem to be Columbus’ bread and butter unless the bread walks ofc. But yurov should be here and the talent this kid has is something I don’t think Columbus wants to pass on especially with some terrific center prospects
9Logo of the New York Islanders-Islanders need an infusion of talent and Lambert’s uncle happens to be a bench coach for the islanders so if anyone knows a thing or two about Lamberts shaky inconsistent season it might just be him
10Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Another guy and pick that will make Stevie Y look like a wizard. I think he’s too smart to get overhyped with geekies size even though the system needs a Center
11Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Get your top prospect his linemate, and it’s not even a reach so it’s a win win
12Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-I think if there’s a team that can really grow this kid into a good NHLer it’ll be Columbus. I think the talent he’ll be surrounded with some day would really help his play and he can be a great accent player. I wouldn’t be surprised if Columbus grabbed a defenseman though
13Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Winnipeg is stocked with future nhl forwards so to balance the system theyhave an opportunity to get one of the higher ceilling guys in Casey
14Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Manson and Lindholm might walk. This isn’t a pick that’ll solve that in sort notice but stocking their d pipeline is important
15Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Vancouver gets fortunate that some players fell and others drafted needs because this kid has a great set of tools it sounds like. Heard comparisons to Mercer and I know Mercer has gotten a lot of praise from other fanbases
16Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Oilers should probadly move this pick but I think they’re in the vortex of just draft a winger we hope can play well with the 2 big guns they got. Their elcs and their performance during them is a key to the equation on how Edmonton can win a cup
17Logo of the Dallas Stars-Puck moving rhd who has a low floor high ceiling is a gamble but he’s one of the younger guys in the draft and d don’t develop overnight
18Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Vegas Golden KnightsIs it possible to have too many dmen prospects If anything they’re the most movable assets down the line
19Logo of the Nashville Predators-I think nashville will think they’re getting a gift with ostlund at 19. Though I really wouldn’t be surprised if they go for a defenseman this year in round one
20Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Calen Addison is really all they have for rhd in the pipeline. They have such a good pool they can go for need
21Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Kings go dig for the Diamond in the ruff here but I wouldn’t be surprised with a guy like mcgroaty or snuggerud
22Logo of the St. Louis Blues-Small offensive defenseman isn’t something the blues usually look for but at the same time it’s something their system doesn’t really have and this kids putting up really good numbers in the WHL rn
23Logo of the Washington Capitals-Why fix it if it isnt broke. Caps don’t really miss on these Russian guys and gleb has an outrageous ceiling if developed and brought over right
24Logo of the Boston Bruins-Bruins might have a center problem in the near future. Time to start stocking the shelves
25Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Calgary FlamesYou trust your GM, already gots Wright now let your new gm select his son. And it’s not even a reach
26Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-Pittsburgh goes bpa here and theyhink it’s time to start looking for a future pp qb. Nelson projection can hopefully do that For you in a few years
27Logo of the New York Rangers-Interesting player with versatility. Pearson, Toffoli like vibes with this kid. I think anyone could take him after 15 I think he’ll be on a lot of teams radars but not necessarily their top
28Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-Kid has a lot of potential and can fill the cage Who knows if the leafs even have this pick at the end of the day but this guy is a first rounder
29Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-This is my sleeper to go in the teens. If he keeps trending up idk why he wouldn’t go there. He’s talked about as one of the better defensve forwards in the CHL but is a top scorer now in the OHL. Hell take him first overall he got more points than ShaneWright
30Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Florida Panthers6’5” specimen. Him and that power guy would make a scary defense one day up in Buffalo if all goes right
31Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Carolina HurricanesThink mcgroaty is just gonna be a late bloomer and soon teams will be picnching themselves for not grabbing him
32Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Colorado AvalancheIf any team has less to lose and the highest amount of draft Capital it’s the zotes. Hope nothing but the best for this kid but the ability down the road for him to heal and work his way back and then be inserted into a revitalized coyotes team in a few years is an interesting option for thecoyotes
Mar. 13, 2022 at 10:02 a.m.
Manson and Lindholm aren't going to walk. Verbeek said that if they aren't extended by the TDL, the big 3 UFA's will be traded. Doesn't change anything about the pick (I'd really like Chesley for the Ducks, not sure if I'd take him at 14 though) but I thought I'd mention it nevertheless.

Can't see McGroarty falling that far.
Mar. 14, 2022 at 5:21 a.m.
Quoting: TZ11
Manson and Lindholm aren't going to walk. Verbeek said that if they aren't extended by the TDL, the big 3 UFA's will be traded. Doesn't change anything about the pick (I'd really like Chesley for the Ducks, not sure if I'd take him at 14 though) but I thought I'd mention it nevertheless.

Can't see McGroarty falling that far.

Got you didn’t mean walk more just that they’re not gonna be there but yeah I misused walk when I meant just no longer with the organization
TZ11 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll