SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/St. Louis Blues

Should Blues sell Barbashev now?

Mar. 15, 2022 at 9:17 a.m.
I like Barbashev and think he's a very effective player. That stated, his value will never be higher and this is his peak. I'd use him to trade for a younger/better player (Chychrun). What do y'all think?
Mar. 16, 2022 at 7:13 p.m.
I can understand the viewpoint and why people would think that. The downside to trading him now is that he has a ton of chemistry with Tarasanko and Buch. He could arguably have a better year next year. Trading him now could also hurt any potential return to trading Tarasanko.
Chopper02 liked this.
Mar. 16, 2022 at 9:11 p.m.
Quoting: West_Virginia_Take_Me_Home
I can understand the viewpoint and why people would think that. The downside to trading him now is that he has a ton of chemistry with Tarasanko and Buch. He could arguably have a better year next year. Trading him now could also hurt any potential return to trading Tarasanko.

Tarasenko could very well be out too. Personally I like Buch and Thomas with Tarasenko better. But if we could use Barby in a trade for Chychrun or some other young defender like that they should
May 3, 2022 at 6:43 p.m.
mokumboi
If it's for a genuinely awesome piece we need (read: LD like Gavrikov), then sure. Not for some of the returns folks have been proposing and agreeing to around here. I'd rather keep him as a cheap ace for one more Cup run and watch him walk than do a disaster deal. Luckily, none of those are actually going to happen.

Doug Armstrong: "I am the one who knocks."

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll