SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Montreal Canadiens

Chiarot Trade What do you think

Who won the trade for Chiarot
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Mar. 17, 2022 at 8:34 a.m.
Go Habs Go
The HABS go what they wanted for Chiarot. I believe that Florida overpaid. Good for the HABS.

What do you believe Flames offered for Chiarot. That trade did not happen. Flames found it too expensive
Mar. 17, 2022 at 8:36 a.m.
Lindholm + Deslauriers in a package bout to get a first a second and a top prospect
Mar. 17, 2022 at 8:36 a.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: Salzy
Lindholm + Deslauriers in a package bout to get a first a second and a top prospect

At the TDL that is a trade that could happen
Salzy liked this.
Mar. 17, 2022 at 8:42 a.m.
If Florida beat TB and go to the Stanley Cup final, it could be a win win trade, otherelse, MTL win the trade. Chariot was very efficient in the last playoff, Vegas, TML and Winnipeg know the real Chiarot value, not sure about TML fans, but it's another subject...
Mar. 17, 2022 at 8:42 a.m.
A 1st alone is a major overpayment for Chiarot. Just goes to show how desperate Florida is to try and win while they have Huberdeau under contract at a decent rate. The feeling was someone would overpay for him, it just wouldn't be the Blues.
Mar. 17, 2022 at 8:44 a.m.
If you consider the realistic trade values I posted a couple of weeks ago, I think Habs did Above-expected on the Chiarot return. I would have expected a bit less. I just hope that Florida know what they're doing...

Here's what I posted on the Habs: https://fr.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/3085793
Mar. 17, 2022 at 8:49 a.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: JeffFromMontreal
If you consider the realistic trade values I posted a couple of weeks ago, I think Habs did Above-expected on the Chiarot return. I would have expected a bit less. I just hope that Florida know what they're doing...

Here's what I posted on the Habs: https://fr.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/3085793

You had him for a 1st only; I suspected a 1st and a B prospect at best.
JeffFromMontreal liked this.
Mar. 17, 2022 at 9:10 a.m.
Evans truther
Quoting: Chopper02
A 1st alone is a major overpayment for Chiarot. Just goes to show how desperate Florida is to try and win while they have Huberdeau under contract at a decent rate. The feeling was someone would overpay for him, it just wouldn't be the Blues.

No one knows what were the other offers on the table so we're speculating that the Blues weren't willing to overpay yet they may have had an offer close to Florida but just not as good. (Maybe a protected first instead or unwilling to par a 2023 or a prospect)
Mar. 17, 2022 at 9:34 a.m.
Quoting: ColonelX
No one knows what were the other offers on the table so we're speculating that the Blues weren't willing to overpay yet they may have had an offer close to Florida but just not as good. (Maybe a protected first instead or unwilling to par a 2023 or a prospect)

Ever since the Ryan Miller debacle Army hasn't given up firsts for rentals nor should he. It was said from the beginning he didn't want to give up a first for one. If Chiarot were younger (and better) and had the potential to be signed long term, maybe.
Mar. 17, 2022 at 9:37 a.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: Chopper02
Ever since the Ryan Miller debacle Army hasn't given up firsts for rentals nor should he. It was said from the beginning he didn't want to give up a first for one. If Chiarot were younger (and better) and had the potential to be signed long term, maybe.

The person who usually has the inside on trades is Pierre Lebrun. I wonder if he will share what he knows during a broadcast now that the trade is done
Mar. 17, 2022 at 9:39 a.m.
Quoting: BadaBing
The person who usually has the inside on trades is Pierre Lebrun. I wonder if he will share what he knows during a broadcast now that the trade is done

He might. Forgot where I saw it (I think Jeremy Rutherford) who said Army didn't want to part with the first.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit