Initial Creation Date: Mar. 17, 2022
Published: Mar. 17, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
ANA
    Topi Niemela
    Timothy Liljegren
    Nicholas Robertson
    Rasmus Sandin (I assume he's #1 on this list)
    Matthew Knies
    TOR
      Just curious how you would rank the following prospects/Young players So I can mock a more realistic Lindholm deal
      ANA
      1. Niemelä, Topi [Reserve List]
      2. 2022 2nd round pick (TOR)
      3. 2023 1st round pick (TOR)
      TOR
      1. Deslauriers, Nicolas
      2. Lindholm, Hampus ($2,602,778 retained)
      Additional Details:
      Would the Ducks need to take cap back?
      ANA
      TOR
        Reminder this is more of a knowledge gathering ACGM than a true mock trade
        Buyouts
        Retained Salary Transactions
        Buried
        DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
        Logo of the ANA
        Logo of the ANA
        Logo of the TOR
        Logo of the ANA
        Logo of the ANA
        Logo of the TOR
        Logo of the NSH
        Logo of the ANA
        Logo of the TOR
        Logo of the ANA
        Logo of the COL
        Logo of the ANA
        Logo of the ANA
        Logo of the ANA
        Logo of the ANA
        Logo of the ANA
        Logo of the ANA
        Logo of the ANA
        Logo of the ANA
        Logo of the ANA
        Logo of the ANA
        Logo of the ANA
        ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
        20$81,500,000$60,412,083$0$3,282,500$21,087,917
        Left WingCentreRight Wing
        Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
        $2,037,500$2,037,500
        LW
        RFA - 2
        $1,456,250$1,456,250
        LW, C
        M-NTC
        UFA - 3
        $2,463,139$2,463,139
        RW, LW
        UFA - 1
        $1,700,000$1,700,000
        LW, RW
        UFA - 1
        $1,500,000$1,500,000
        LW, C
        UFA - 2
        $1,450,000$1,450,000
        RW
        UFA - 2
        $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
        C, LW
        RFA - 2
        $874,125$874,125
        C, LW
        RFA - 1
        $750,000$750,000
        RW
        UFA - 1
        $750,000$750,000
        C, RW
        UFA - 1
        $750,000$750,000
        C, RW
        UFA - 1
        $750,000$750,000
        C, LW
        UFA - 2
        Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
        $6,500,000$6,500,000
        LD/RD
        M-NTC
        UFA - 5
        $3,900,000$3,900,000
        RD
        M-NTC
        UFA - 2
        $6,400,000$6,400,000
        G
        M-NTC
        UFA - 6
        $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
        RD
        RFA - 2
        $950,000$950,000
        G
        UFA - 2
        $809,166$809,166 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
        LD
        UFA - 1
        $750,000$750,000
        RD
        UFA - 1
        $750,000$750,000
        LD/RD
        RFA - 2
        ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
        $6,875,000$6,875,000
        C, RW
        M-NTC
        UFA - 1
        $5,250,000$5,250,000
        RW, LW
        M-NTC
        UFA - 3
        $3,000,000$3,000,000 (Performance Bonus$1,500,000$2M)
        C
        NMC
        UFA - 1
        $1,295,000$1,295,000
        LW, RW
        RFA - 3
        $874,125$874,125
        C, LW
        RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
        • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
        Mar. 17, 2022 at 9:28 a.m.
        well, there is one thing on that list you might get for Lindholm and that's Robertson, but even that's doubtful. The rest are not going for a rental, especially one that is pre-priced out of the leafs re-signing him
        Mar. 17, 2022 at 9:29 a.m.
        I think for Leafs it goes
        Sandin
        Niemela
        Knies
        Robertson
        Liljgren
        Salzy and OldNYIfan liked this.
        Mar. 17, 2022 at 9:30 a.m.
        To me

Sandin (on roster and wont be moved)
        Niemela
        Robertson
        Knies
        Liljegren
        Salzy and OldNYIfan liked this.
        Quoting: JaredOfLondon
        well, there is one thing on that list you might get for Lindholm and that's Robertson, but even that's doubtful. The rest are not going for a rental, especially one that is pre-priced out of the leafs re-signing him

After the Chariot return I wouldnt be so sure, Lindholm should easily get more than he got. Regardless that isnt the point of this ACGM
        OldNYIfan liked this.

I agree but could maybe see Liljgren move if they can get one or two defenseman (maybe GIO as well from Seattle)
        Mar. 17, 2022 at 9:31 a.m.
        Sandin
        Knies
        Robertson
        Niemela
        Liljegren

Doesn't matter what the deal is, leafs aren't trading a 1st for a rental, only for a player with term. I also doubt they move any of those guys for Lindholm.
        Mar. 17, 2022 at 9:33 a.m.
        Leafs Sufferer
        In my opinion, Sandin/Knies and Lilijegren should be off the table. I'm not crazy about moving Robertson or Niemala, but I understand you have to give to get.

The deal you have here isn't terrible (although I'm personally not a fan of it), and if Muzzin does come back prior to the playoffs TOR would need to offload a contract. Unfortunately that likely means Kerfoot, which they would then need to fill his spot. Deslauriers does technically fill the LW spot, but Kerfoot is pretty versatile and can slot in at C if need be. Plus he kills penalties, and is pretty good at it. Does ND kill penalties?
        Salzy liked this.
        Mar. 17, 2022 at 9:33 a.m.
        Quoting: Salzy
        After the Chariot return I wouldnt be so sure, Lindholm should easily get more than he got. Regardless that isnt the point of this ACGM

that doesnt mean that a team wont give up that sort of value, just that the leafs wont. You want to mock a realistic Lindholm trade to toronto then you need to dis-include stuff that the leafs are not going to move for a pending UFA
        Mar. 17, 2022 at 9:34 a.m.
        Quoting: ToneCapone420
        I think for Leafs it goes
        Sandin
        Niemela
        Knies
        Robertson
        Liljgren

Quoting: SNipeSHowInc
        To me

Sandin (on roster and wont be moved)
        Niemela
        Robertson
        Knies
        Liljegren

Oh I assumed Sandin isnt going to be moved, just trying to see how the players are valued. I feel like we'd want Niemela + a 1st for Lindholm after the Chariot deal (Not saying we get that but I think that becomes the ask) I think its going to take a 1st and either Niemela/Robertson/Knies + a small piece (4th, similar prospect) Put a 2nd here since Deslauriers probably fetches a 4th but thats not overly important here
        TZ11 liked this.
        Mar. 17, 2022 at 9:34 a.m.
        Quoting: ToneCapone420
        I agree but could maybe see Liljgren move if they can get one or two defenseman (maybe GIO as well from Seattle)

I dont see them moving any of those guys for a rental defender, the first and other prospects/picks? maybe, especially if Muzzin is done or questionable for the post season.
        Mar. 17, 2022 at 9:39 a.m.
        Quoting: Ritzy
        In my opinion, Sandin/Knies and Lilijegren should be off the table. I'm not crazy about moving Robertson or Niemala, but I understand you have to give to get.

The deal you have here isn't terrible (although I'm personally not a fan of it), and if Muzzin does come back prior to the playoffs TOR would need to offload a contract. Unfortunately that likely means Kerfoot, which they would then need to fill his spot. Deslauriers does technically fill the LW spot, but Kerfoot is pretty versatile and can slot in at C if need be. Plus he kills penalties, and is pretty good at it. Does ND kill penalties?

No one wants to move high end prospects, but that comes with being a contender, you need to trade them to add potential cup winning pieces (Which Lindholm is). Not everyone realizes that and thinks the top rental on the market isnt going to fetch a 1st and a top prospect, especially after Chariot (Not fully because of what he got, but also becuase there is now one less option for TOR, CAR, BOS, NYR, STL, etcc to add so the price for Lindholm (and Gio) goes up. We'd have the space (and I think willingness) to take on a contract to make a deal work with any team

Yeah ND is on our PK1, I think packaging him with Lindholm is the route the Ducks should take
        TZ11 liked this.
        Mar. 17, 2022 at 9:39 a.m.
        I would say:

Sandin
        Robertson
        Niemela
        Knies
        Liljegren

Dubas has mentioned already that he has no interest in moving top prospects (I think he has learned from his mistakes with Marchmant and Barabonov) or top draft choices, and with the Chiarot deal that unfolded yesterday, I think ANA will be looking for more than what Dubas wants to give up, so I think TOR is pulling out of his sweepstakes.
        Friedman even reported that TOR may look to bring either Knies or Abruzzese (maybe both) up to the club in April as the NCAA clues up very soon, so the intention is clear that TOR doesn't want to move their prospects.
        Other than that, if their intentions were reversed and they had intentions of moving prospects, I think this trade proposal may get Lindholm/Deslauries
        Mar. 17, 2022 at 9:40 a.m.
        that doesnt mean that a team wont give up that sort of value, just that the leafs wont. You want to mock a realistic Lindholm trade to toronto then you need to dis-include stuff that the leafs are not going to move for a pending UFA

Lindholm is widely reported to be the leafs top priority now. just because you dont want to give up a top prospect doesnt mean it wont happen
        ToneCapone420 and TZ11 liked this.
        Mar. 17, 2022 at 9:40 a.m.
        Quoting: jchafe77
        think ANA will be looking for more than what Dubas wants to give up, so I think TOR is pulling out of his sweepstakes.
        TOR doesn't want to move their prospects.

Ive seen multiple reporters and insiders say the exact opposite of this. Lindholm is supposedly the Leafs #1 target right now
        TZ11 liked this.
        Mar. 17, 2022 at 9:42 a.m.
        Leafs Sufferer
        No one wants to move high end prospects, but that comes with being a contender, you need to trade them to add potential cup winning pieces (Which Lindholm is). Not everyone realizes that and thinks the top rental on the market isnt going to fetch a 1st and a top prospect, especially after Chariot (Not fully because of what he got, but also becuase there is now one less option for TOR, CAR, BOS, NYR, STL, etcc to add so the price for Lindholm (and Gio) goes up. We'd have the space (and I think willingness) to take on a contract to make a deal work with any team

Yeah ND is on our PK1, I think packaging him with Lindholm is the route the Ducks should take

If that's the case with ND, I could stomach the proposal you have here. Big gamble, but that's the joys of adding a big piece at the deadline.
        Salzy liked this.
        Mar. 17, 2022 at 9:43 a.m.
        Lindholm is widely reported to be the leafs top priority now. just because you dont want to give up a top prospect doesnt mean it wont happen

no, he's not widely reported to be the leafs top priority. It is widely reported that the leafs have checked in on him. That is all, and even if he is a top priority for the leafs that doesnt mean they are going to give up any of the mentioned players for him, Dubas literally said they are not giving up top prospects or even their 1st for rentals. Just because you want those things for a player doesnt mean it will happen
        Mar. 17, 2022 at 9:43 a.m.
        Ive seen multiple reporters and insiders say the exact opposite of this. Lindholm is supposedly the Leafs #1 target right now

Yes I've seen that report too, but I can guarantee you that Dubas isn't offering a top draft pick choice and top prospect for him (which he should). They may be wanting him, but I don't think they're ponying up the right offer that ANA deserves. Thats why were linked to Middleton in SJ. Cheap, and less expensive to acquire
        Mar. 17, 2022 at 9:45 a.m.
        no, he's not widely reported to be the leafs top priority. It is widely reported that the leafs have checked in on him. That is all, and even if he is a top priority for the leafs that doesnt mean they are going to give up any of the mentioned players for him, Dubas literally said they are not giving up top prospects or even their 1st for rentals. Just because you want those things for a player doesnt mean it will happen

It is reported by various people, that isnt an opinion that is right or wrong, its just fact. and I'll take the word of connected insiders and reporters over random fans that dont have any connections and want top end assets without paying for them

Direct quote from Friedman last night "Lindholm is the leafs top target"
        Ritzy and TZ11 liked this.
        Mar. 17, 2022 at 9:48 a.m.
        I dont see them moving any of those guys for a rental defender, the first and other prospects/picks? maybe, especially if Muzzin is done or questionable for the post season.

I agree, i dont see the leafs making THAT big of a splash, I think Dubas knows they dont quite have the firepower to match the likes of Colorado or Florida
        Mar. 17, 2022 at 9:50 a.m.
        It is reported by various people, that isnt an opinion that is right or wrong, its just fact. and I'll take the word of connected insiders and reporters over random fans that dont have any connections and want top end assets without paying for them

"Toronto GM Kyle Dubas continues to indicate he does not want to trade his top prospects for a rental. And, he does not want to move the team’s first-round draft choice for the third time in four years. We’ll see how the Chiarot deal adjusts the market. I believe Lindholm is the Maple Leafs’ top target, although they’ve also taken long looks at Giordano, Philadelphia’s Justin Braun, Dallas’s John Klingberg and San Jose’s Jacob Middleton. Travis Dermott and Justin Holl have been on the market for months, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Dermott is given a fresh start, regardless of what else happens in the next few days."

32 thoughts friedman
        Salzy and TZ11 liked this.
        Mar. 17, 2022 at 9:51 a.m.
        "Toronto GM Kyle Dubas continues to indicate he does not want to trade his top prospects for a rental. And, he does not want to move the team’s first-round draft choice for the third time in four years. We’ll see how the Chiarot deal adjusts the market. I believe Lindholm is the Maple Leafs’ top target, although they’ve also taken long looks at Giordano, Philadelphia’s Justin Braun, Dallas’s John Klingberg and San Jose’s Jacob Middleton. Travis Dermott and Justin Holl have been on the market for months, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Dermott is given a fresh start, regardless of what else happens in the next few days."

32 thoughts friedman

Not wanting to move something is a lot different than having to move something
        TZ11 liked this.
        Mar. 17, 2022 at 9:51 a.m.

He is reported as the leafs top target
        Mar. 17, 2022 at 9:53 a.m.

lets pretend that Lindholm is the leafs top target, the initial point doesnt change, the leafs are not giving up top prospects or 1sts for him. Because if you're gonna take those reporters word for it then you gotta take Dubas' word for it too. So make your realistic proposal without them if you want to use direct quotes.
        and as far as direct quotes go, my favourite current one is "curious to hear from leafs fans" because that one doesnt seem true if you arnt being told exactly what you want to hear
        Mar. 17, 2022 at 9:54 a.m.

32 thoughts friedman

weird how people always leave out the "i believe" or "i think" parts of these quotes
        Mar. 17, 2022 at 9:55 a.m.

IDK why Leafs fans are so hesitant to give up one of these players for someone as good as Lindholm, if Leafs can roll out a left side of Reilly, Lindholm, and Muzzin id include Liljgren or Robertson and if Sandin cant play the right side on pair 3 let him sit a few games in playoffs.

To create a post please Login or Register
        Question:
        Options:
        Add Option
        Submit Poll