SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Boston Bruins

Expansion Draft

Who do we lose?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Apr. 21, 2017 at 1:55 p.m.
I believe its McQuaid if they go for the 7 forwards, 3 Defensemen, 1 Goalie protection layout. If they go the 8 players 1 goalie protection layout to protect McQuaid and a Miller. I'm not sure who we lose. Please provide players you think may be moved too. Thanks
Apr. 21, 2017 at 2:31 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I think it's Matt Belesky as i think the protected list is: Bergeron, Pastrnak, Marchand, Spooner, Krejci, Backes, Nash - Krug, Chara, K Miller - Rask.
Apr. 21, 2017 at 2:43 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I think it's Matt Belesky as i think the protected list is: Bergeron, Pastrnak, Marchand, Spooner, Krejci, Backes, Nash - Krug, Chara, K Miller - Rask.

If that's the case I take Collin Miller if I were Vegas. Beleskys contract is heavy compared to other options that produce the same.
Apr. 22, 2017 at 9:50 a.m.

Have to swap Vatrano for Nash on the protected list. Unless I'm missing something
Apr. 22, 2017 at 10:35 a.m.
BreKel
Quoting: DirtyRebound

Have to swap Vatrano for Nash on the protected list. Unless I'm missing something

Some players are exempt from the expansion draft. It has to do with years of service. If a player hasn't been in the league for 2 years, they are exempt. I may be off a bit on the other factors for the exempt list; It may have to do with GP as well, but I definitely know that 2 years is a factor.
Apr. 22, 2017 at 1:21 p.m.
Pretty sure its 2 years and 40 games this year which I think Vatrano played.
Apr. 23, 2017 at 11:35 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Vatrano doesn't need to be protected.
Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:01 a.m.
Why not? He's played over 80 games (83) in his two seasons with 44 GP this season. I thought that was the requirement
Apr. 25, 2017 at 10:14 a.m.
BreKel
Why not? He's played over 80 games (83) in his two seasons with 44 GP this season. I thought that was the requirement

He falls under expemt status. Must be a result of not being a full 2 year pro or whatever.
Apr. 25, 2017 at 8:08 p.m.

You think they protect both Spooner and K. Miller? I don't see that. They're not going to give up on Beleskey so soon, and I think they would rather protect C. Miller and hope K. Miller doesn't get take. Plus the scratching of Spooner late in the playoffs show they don't think too highly of him
Apr. 26, 2017 at 3:16 p.m.
Quoting: sschelzi

You think they protect both Spooner and K. Miller? I don't see that. They're not going to give up on Beleskey so soon, and I think they would rather protect C. Miller and hope K. Miller doesn't get take. Plus the scratching of Spooner late in the playoffs show they don't think too highly of him

Spooner will be protected. He still has value to other teams so a trade is most likely, meanwhile you're wrong in that the Bruins want to keep Beleskey. Finding a way to get rid of Beleskey and Hayes will be the Bruins first priority this offseason. Once that money is cleared, they'll look to add.
Apr. 26, 2017 at 11:18 p.m.

Spooner will be protected. He still has value to other teams so a trade is most likely, meanwhile you're wrong in that the Bruins want to keep Beleskey. Finding a way to get rid of Beleskey and Hayes will be the Bruins first priority this offseason. Once that money is cleared, they'll look to add.

I agree they'll move on from Hayes because they can easily buy him out, but who is taking Beleskey right now. He has zero trade value and a terrible contract, but a buyout isn't feasible for him. As for Spooner, whether they protect him or not, he's not coming back next year. I think Beleskey is back and he actually will produce for us next year. That injury this year really affected him the rest of the year
Apr. 27, 2017 at 7:57 a.m.
BreKel

I agree they'll move on from Hayes because they can easily buy him out, but who is taking Beleskey right now. He has zero trade value and a terrible contract, but a buyout isn't feasible for him. As for Spooner, whether they protect him or not, he's not coming back next year. I think Beleskey is back and he actually will produce for us next year. That injury this year really affected him the rest of the year

Whether Spooner is back or not, he holds more value than Beleskey does and with that you protect him..... Beleskey is a contract that may be movable to Vegas if you add a sweetener with (draft pick, prospect). At the end of the day, for expansion, you try and expose bad contracts whenever possible. Vegas doesn't have to take them, but they have to take someone. After Kevan's playoffs you protect him over Colin. Kevan will get taken and has real value w. his play and contract now.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit