SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Montreal Canadiens

Nathan Beaulieu is a healthy scratch tonight

Apr. 22, 2017 at 2:20 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
This makes no sense to me, but the Montreal Canadiens are scratching Nathan Beaulieu from the lineup tonight. No idea why. What do you think?
Apr. 22, 2017 at 4:42 p.m.
Sensible Commentary
The Canadiens seem to be insistent on playing Alexei Emelin, which is probably the issue. They scratched Brandon Davidson in Game 5 because Emelin returned from injury, and Davidson is playing tonight in place of Beaulieu, so the root cause here seems to be Emelin.
Apr. 22, 2017 at 5:16 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DragonRaptorHybrid
The Canadiens seem to be insistent on playing Alexei Emelin, which is probably the issue. They scratched Brandon Davidson in Game 5 because Emelin returned from injury, and Davidson is playing tonight in place of Beaulieu, so the root cause here seems to be Emelin.

But then why don't they take out Jordie Benn instead of Beaulieu?
Apr. 22, 2017 at 5:35 p.m.
Sensible Commentary
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

But then why don't they take out Jordie Benn instead of Beaulieu?
Because coaches are risk-averse to a fault and would rather play veteran defenders that make "safe" plays and dump the puck in all of the time instead of younger ones that can make mistakes that lead to turnovers that lead to goals (especially in elimination games), even if the latter are better at pushing shots and generating offense?

Snark aside, I really don't know, to be honest.
Apr. 22, 2017 at 5:55 p.m.
Danaultisabike
I'm a Habs fan and Beaulieu has been a disappointment all season long, and the worst Habs defeceman in this series. This makes a lot of sense to me. I don't know why everyone else is so confused. Jordie Benn has been phenomenal since we acquired him.
Apr. 22, 2017 at 11:43 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: backflip
I'm a Habs fan and Beaulieu has been a disappointment all season long, and the worst Habs defeceman in this series. This makes a lot of sense to me. I don't know why everyone else is so confused. Jordie Benn has been phenomenal since we acquired him.

I was watching the game today and they said he might have an injury, but they weren't sure.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll