SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(SEA/TOR) - Giordano, Blackwell for 2x 2nd, 3rd

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Apr. 18, 2022 at 6:04 p.m.
Go leafs go
Early returns to this trade: very good. Gio has fit like a glove and is a fan favourite. Blackwell is a fine 4th liner too. And somehow Dubas did all this without giving up a first round pick. Only way this is a loss is if they resign neither or Gio or Blackwell AND they lose in the first round, but at this point that seems quite unlikely.

Have fun ripping this apart 5 months from now lol.
Apr. 18, 2022 at 6:35 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

Love Gio

Has improved Liligren's game and has been a big help on our blue line with Muzzin being in and out
Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 19, 2022 at 1:52 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Brian2016
Leafs still need to address their bottom six depth. They won't win a round unless they do. Tampa and Florida are superior teams.

From watching recent games

Blackwell being added has been great and rotating the 4th line has also worked. Also moving Nylander to the 3rd line has done wonders for them.

Wish Kase wasnt concussed as man imagine a 2nd line of

Mikheyev-Tavares-Kase
And a 4th line of

Kerfoot-Spezza-Blackwell/Simmonds/Clifford

Heck with the way some prospects have been playing could see an interesting shift. Maybe Steeves, Anderson or Seney get a shot on the 4th line. Maybe Holmberg gets a shot.

Or and this would be funny maybe to prevent Sandin from being a HS Rielly moves to the forward position

As a Dcore of

Muzzin-Brodie
Gio-Liligren
Sandin-Lybushkin

Aint bad.
Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 19, 2022 at 12:35 p.m.
Quoting: aadoyle
From watching recent games

Blackwell being added has been great and rotating the 4th line has also worked. Also moving Nylander to the 3rd line has done wonders for them.

Wish Kase wasnt concussed as man imagine a 2nd line of

Mikheyev-Tavares-Kase
And a 4th line of

Kerfoot-Spezza-Blackwell/Simmonds/Clifford

Heck with the way some prospects have been playing could see an interesting shift. Maybe Steeves, Anderson or Seney get a shot on the 4th line. Maybe Holmberg gets a shot.

Or and this would be funny maybe to prevent Sandin from being a HS Rielly moves to the forward position

As a Dcore of

Muzzin-Brodie
Gio-Liligren
Sandin-Lybushkin

Aint bad.

Nylander has looked great since his demotion. Look at his +/- in. the weeks leading up to the switch. He wasn't playing any defense. I was worried his offense would suffer, but he's still the man.
Saskleaf liked this.
May 18, 2022 at 2:08 p.m.
Evans truther
Quoting: AndrewLadd
Common Ron Francis L

In the end they got a pretty good return for the 7 playoff games worth.
May 18, 2022 at 3:13 p.m.
I want Gourde back
Quoting: Beetlejuice
Danng, that's a lot to give up just to blow a 3-1 lead in the playoffs

So close
Jun. 22, 2022 at 12:53 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
What makes this trade better is the Gio Extension

Now in a perfect world would have loved to have gotten Donato but Blackwell had his moments

If he comes back I got no issues

Got a feeling one of those 2 2nds will be coming back anyway as I think Francis gonna trade for Kerfoot.
Saskleaf liked this.
Jun. 22, 2022 at 4:46 a.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: aadoyle
What makes this trade better is the Gio Extension

Now in a perfect world would have loved to have gotten Donato but Blackwell had his moments

If he comes back I got no issues

Got a feeling one of those 2 2nds will be coming back anyway as I think Francis gonna trade for Kerfoot.

I guess that depends on how Gio does and how his body responds. I could say Gio is going to take away ice time from a younger defensemen simply because of his reputation and not because of his skill level.

Time will tell.
Jun. 22, 2022 at 12:59 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
I guess that depends on how Gio does and how his body responds. I could say Gio is going to take away ice time from a younger defensemen simply because of his reputation and not because of his skill level.

Time will tell.

I got a feeling Sandin will be like Sergechev for Tampa where he will learn to play both sides of the ice

And if Gio's body slows down then Sandin can just take the spot and he can be an every other game fill in

In truth there is 0 risk for it as 800K for a guy like him is a bargain rn

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit