Jun. 26, 2022 at 11:24 p.m.
Quoting: drambui
hope you like the trade more now!

I like it just fine now!
drambui and RawDeal liked this.
Jun. 27, 2022 at 6:03 a.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: Koskinen_The_Great
This should be must reading for a lot of people here. Stop focusing on 3-5 years down the road, you play to win the game.

Sakic is that smart to know appearances don't matter same as Brisebois with the Goodrow and Coleman trades which ppl here hated. Last 3 cups all won with GMs 'losing' trades maybe just maybe you should pay a premium to win hockey games its like that is the point of the sport or something.

You ppl that think losing trades means anything really dont understand how sports work.

There's a difference between losing "value wise" and actually losing the trade. I said this was good value because of what it brang to Colorado. People have to realize this.

The problem with this thinking is there were really 3-4 teams capable of winning the cup this year, but 8 or 9 teams paid for rentals which made no difference whatsoever to them
Andy_Dick and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Jun. 27, 2022 at 6:15 a.m.
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
There's a difference between losing "value wise" and actually losing the trade. I said this was good value because of what it brang to Colorado. People have to realize this.

The problem with this thinking is there were really 3-4 teams capable of winning the cup this year, but 8 or 9 teams paid for rentals which made no difference whatsoever to them

The problem with that thinking is ignoring team trajectory. The team that won the Cup went through growing pains to get there much like TB before them. I mean the Rangers paid for rentals! Copp (albeit invisible vs TB like every Rag) and Motte helped a great deal to get experience for their young core. They dont beat the Pens and Canes without those two in all likelihood. But nobody really expected them to win a Cup.
Just look at the Leafs if you dont believe in team building. They just wanted to win a round but are in their own heads. Winning early is a big deal in any Cup builder.
Jun. 27, 2022 at 7:46 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
This trade might’ve been the breaking point of my hockey fandom, but this makes it all worth it.
146715.jpeg
So happy for Lehky.
Saskleaf and DirtyDangle liked this.
Jun. 19, 2023 at 9:59 a.m.
Habs4Ever
Quoting: sensonfire
Spending just the second on Lekhonen might have been fair, if not a slight overpayment.

Adding Justin Barron is absolutely disgusting.

Joe Sakic should be ashamed of himself.

Habs win.

Wrong again
Jun. 19, 2023 at 10:40 a.m.
sensonfire
Quoting: TheRealisticGuy
Wrong again

Unlike you, I don't evaluate trades over a year later after they happen based on hindsight.

Have a nice day.
Jun. 19, 2023 at 11:21 a.m.
Habs4Ever
Quoting: sensonfire
Unlike you, I don't evaluate trades over a year later after they happen based on hindsight.

Have a nice day.

How can you say that, Lehkonen have been clutch as **** and COL won the Cup, and Lehky was a big part of it
Joe Sakic made the best acquisition that TDL
You said he should be ashamed, you just don't know your hockey and don't wanna admit it
Jun. 19, 2023 at 12:04 p.m.
sensonfire
Quoting: TheRealisticGuy
How can you say that, Lehkonen have been clutch as **** and COL won the Cup, and Lehky was a big part of it
Joe Sakic made the best acquisition that TDL
You said he should be ashamed, you just don't know your hockey and don't wanna admit it

Thank you for proving my point that you are only able to evaluate trades based on hindsight.

Now, you should be ashamed of yourself laugh
Jun. 19, 2023 at 12:35 p.m.
Bedard23
Win-Win for both sides
KSIxSKULLS and RawDeal liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit