SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game

Inactive GM Discussion

Is everyone ok with Jmac becoming Nashville head gm and DirtyRebounds becoming Dallas Head GM? The inactives will be demoted to assistants.
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Apr. 23, 2017 at 10:21 a.m.
Go Jackets
Edited Apr. 23, 2017 at 3:15 p.m.
This thread is to specifically discuss how to handle the inactive GMs in our game right now. Please do not discuss trades, expansion, the entry draft, free agency or any other non-pertinent information in this thread. There will be a poll posted where all GMs can vote on what to do once we have concrete ideas for solutions. Thanks!

UPDATED RULES REGARDING INACTIVITY OF GMS:
Quoting: ricochetii
I would have given Dallas until tomorrow night, as that would make it a full week and his most active period so far has been a few hours on my a Monday.
I'm okay with what everyoneAnd has seemed to have decided though, as once a week isn't enough activity to manage a team in my opinion.

I'd like to have a standard set from this point out as well, as a rule, so we aren't stuck debating should another GM go inactive.
-----

GM Activity:

1. GM's must show activity at least once every 5 days. A simple post to say "Hi!" in the Master Thread is enough.
2. GM's will be replaced 7 days from the time of their last post in the GM Game.
3. Replacements will be selected from available Assistant GM's in order of seniority, provided the Assistant GM is active.
4. If a GM is removed and later returns, he will be permitted to become an Assistant to the new GM.
5. If you have an upcoming period of inactivity, and will not be able to participate for a period of time, edit the name of your team, with a brief reason (1-3 words) and an expected return date. Put a post in your thread if you wish to explain your absence further.

While not a rule, failing to respond to multiple offers can have a negative impact on your "reputation" as a GM. Do your best not to let proposals build up in your team thread without a response. It has a negative impact on the flow of the game, and may become a factor when we encounter time sensitive issues.

-----

I just wrote that quickly, so take a careful look and decide it those rules work.
Apr. 23, 2017 at 10:29 a.m.
Do we currently have anyone waiting for a GM spot to become vacant?
Apr. 23, 2017 at 10:34 a.m.
NBABound
I'm guessing the assistants are first in line.
Apr. 23, 2017 at 10:35 a.m.
Go Jackets
Ok so some initial thoughts on inactive GMs. Obviously something needs to be done with them. Most GMs seem to like the solution where the inactive GM is simply demoted instead of fired, and a currently active assistant for another team accepts the head GM position of the inactive team. I think this is a fair setup, as no one gets fired, only to come back after having reasonable cause. That would not be a good look for the game. For Nashville, if he's not on by noon today, we could hire a replacement now as his inactivity has reached two weeks. I believe Jmac expressed interest in this opening as Floridas assistant. Dallas we can give until either tonight or tomorrow night. He hasn't been on almost a week, which isn't as bad, but it also looks like he may have left after making some bad deals and taking flack for it.
Apr. 23, 2017 at 10:36 a.m.
Go Jackets
Quoting: FlyerFanatic
Do we currently have anyone waiting for a GM spot to become vacant?

I think Jmac (Florida assistant) expressed interest in Nashville. I'll have to look at assistant list and see who else has been active and if anyone has been longer tenured as an assistant.
Apr. 23, 2017 at 10:43 a.m.
Go Jackets
Also, there's only two assistant spots that are active right now anyway. Dirtyrebounds from Boston and Jmac From Florida. Jmac has the longer tenure so he gets first pick. DirtyRebounds is second in line for a GM job. My assistant has been inactive for awhile now which is ironic lmao.
Apr. 23, 2017 at 10:44 a.m.
I think it would be a good idea to have someone in place before the expansion draft starts .. to at least finalize the protected lists and complete any agreements with Vegas. When exactly does the expansion draft start for us?
Apr. 23, 2017 at 10:46 a.m.
Go Jackets
Quoting: FlyerFanatic
I think it would be a good idea to have someone in place before the expansion draft starts .. to at least finalize the protected lists and complete any agreements with Vegas. When exactly does the expansion draft start for us?

This date is still kind of Muddy. Rangers fan stated that he wanted expansion trades to start the 25th and go through the first (although we're abandoning that it appears and making the trades anyway). And then he states Vegas would be required to make expansion picks if they haven't picked a player already starting May 1. I would be ok with pushing it back a week or two to slow down the pace of the game and give the new GMs time to fill their roster, make expansion decisions and so forth.
Apr. 23, 2017 at 10:54 a.m.
I'm good for taking over Dallas if he's still inactive by tomorrow and if jmac takes over Nashville unless jmac wants Dallas then I'll take Nashville. Either team works for me.
Apr. 23, 2017 at 10:56 a.m.
Go Jackets
Quoting: DirtyRebound
I'm good for taking over Dallas if he's still inactive by tomorrow and if jmac takes over Nashville unless jmac wants Dallas then I'll take Nashville. Either team works for me.

Ok sounds good. We will keep you updated on the when's and how's of everything ??
Apr. 23, 2017 at 10:57 a.m.
Quoting: matt59
Quoting: DirtyRebound

Ok sounds good. We will keep you updated on the when's and how's of everything ??

Sounds good. Thanks
matt59 and Zach liked this.
Apr. 23, 2017 at 11:19 a.m.
Banned
Can we please just give JMac the Preds...this is just ridiculous that we are even still talking about Nashville's GM being removed.
Zach and DirtyRebound liked this.
Apr. 23, 2017 at 11:30 a.m.
Go Jackets
Quoting: DirtyDangles
Can we please just give JMac the Preds...this is just ridiculous that we are even still talking about Nashville's GM being removed.

Yeah Nashville is being opened ASAP today, we're just waiting on Jmac confirming his interest in the job.
Apr. 23, 2017 at 11:47 a.m.
Interested... grabbing my laptop and going to make a new gm page
matt59 liked this.
Apr. 23, 2017 at 11:47 a.m.
Voted yes. They've been two of the more active assistants on here and deserve those jobs IMO.
matt59 liked this.
Apr. 23, 2017 at 11:48 a.m.
Quoting: jmac490
Interested... grabbing my laptop and going to make a new gm page

Congrats jmac490! Pleasure working with you buddy!!!!! cheers
matt59, Zach and jmac490 liked this.
Apr. 23, 2017 at 11:57 a.m.
Go Jackets
Are we all ok with making DirtyRebounds the new Dallas GM by 7:00 pm EST tonight if Dallas GM doesnt post by then? Even if Dallas posts by then, we need to strongly suggest that he step down into an assistant role and make DirtyRebounds head GM if bwish is going to be active once a week.
Zach and F50marco liked this.
Apr. 23, 2017 at 11:58 a.m.
NBABound
Rangersfan didn't agree but whatever.
Apr. 23, 2017 at 11:59 a.m.
Hardcore Sabres fan
Are we all ok with making DirtyRebounds the new Dallas GM by 7:00 pm EST tonight if Dallas GM doesnt post by then? Even if Dallas posts by then, we need to strongly suggest that he step down into an assistant role and make DirtyRebounds head GM if bwish is going to be active once a week.

I agree, can you take a look at my last post on the master thread and tell me what you think?
Apr. 23, 2017 at 12:01 p.m.
Go Jackets
Quoting: Zach

I agree, can you take a look at my last post on the master thread and tell me what you think?

Yeah I'll go take a look at it
Apr. 23, 2017 at 12:25 p.m.
Go Jackets
Thanks Marco for letting Nashville and Dallas know theory status re inactivity. The vote is easily passing again so I think we're ready to proceed to our next topic of concern. Shall we do expansion next since it's coming up real soon?
Apr. 23, 2017 at 1:54 p.m.
Quoting: Mr_cap

Since when do you agree with Rangers?!?!? who are you and what have you done with Cap
Apr. 23, 2017 at 1:58 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Edited Apr. 23, 2017 at 3:01 p.m.
I would have given Dallas until tomorrow night, as that would make it a full week and his most active period so far has been a few hours on a Monday.
I'm okay with what everyone has seemed to have decided though, as once a week isn't enough activity to manage a team in my opinion.

I'd like to have a standard set from this point out as well, as a rule, so we aren't stuck debating should another GM go inactive.
-----

GM Activity:

1. GM's must show activity at least once every 5 days. A simple post to say "Hi!" in the Master Thread is enough.
2. GM's will be replaced 7 days from the time of their last post in the GM Game.
3. Replacements will be selected from available Assistant GM's in order of seniority, provided the Assistant GM is active.
4. If a GM is removed and later returns, he will be permitted to become an Assistant to the new GM.
5. If you have an upcoming period of inactivity, and will not be able to participate for a period of time, edit the name of your team, with a brief reason (1-3 words) and an expected return date. Put a post in your thread if you wish to explain your absence further.

While not a rule, failing to respond to multiple offers can have a negative impact on your "reputation" as a GM. Do your best not to let proposals build up in your team thread without a response. It has a negative impact on the flow of the game, and may become a factor when we encounter time sensitive issues.

-----

I just wrote that quickly, so take a careful look and decide it those rules work.
DirtyRebound liked this.
Apr. 23, 2017 at 3:00 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: ricochetii
I would have given Dallas until tomorrow night, as that would make it a full week and his most active period so far has been a few hours on a Monday.
I'm okay with what everyone has seemed to have decided though, as once a week isn't enough activity to manage a team in my opinion.

-----

GM Activity:

-----

Bump. If these rules are accepted, Nashville is replaced now and Dallas is replaced Monday at 1:03 pm.
See here https://www.capfriendly.com/users/bwish13/posts for his last post date/time. That is the time he will be replaced.

Put the rules part in the first post Matt?
Apr. 23, 2017 at 3:05 p.m.
NBABound
Quoting: jmac490
Quoting: Mr_cap

Since when do you agree with Rangers?!?!? who are you and what have you done with Cap

Damn. You're right. What the hell happened to me.

I think I'm good now. Scary though.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit