Forums/Armchair-GM

a possible off season trade partner read description

Created by: odyssey
Team: 2021-22 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Mar. 22, 2022
Published: Mar. 22, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
i seen someone else make this idea earlier.
if forseberg were to leave NSH what would they realisticly pay. dont lopsided trades in either direction. put on your big brain caps
Trades
TOR
    What is the return?
    RD + Prospect + High pick?
    maybe some names?
    a guy id really want is Askarov
    Maybe a deal surrounding Fabbro?
    lots of options to make a move if the situation of Forsberg leaving plays out

i dont know the true value of NSH players but i hear good things about Fabbro and Askarov is a very good prospect, i dont think they would go back in the same deal though

also

the only reason why i think a trade involing Askarov makes sense is because nashville has Saros, they would then have 2 #1 goalies
    idk, anyways
    drop opinions in the comments

(i also didnt mean it to sound like fabbro and askarov in the same trade, id assume they wouldnt both leave in the same trade)
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    20$81,500,000$71,001,583$0$400,000$10,498,417
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    LW, C, RW
    UFA - 2
    $11,640,250$11,640,250
    C
    UFA - 3
    $10,903,000$10,903,000
    RW
    UFA - 4
    $1,645,000$1,645,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $11,000,000$11,000,000
    C, LW
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    $1,250,000$1,250,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    C
    UFA - 2
    $1,250,000$1,250,000
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $950,000$950,000
    LW
    UFA - 2
    $750,000$750,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $900,000$900,000
    RW, LW
    NTC
    UFA - 2
    $725,000$725,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $3,800,000$3,800,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    LD/RD
    NTC
    UFA - 3
    $1,350,000$1,350,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $750,000$750,000
    G
    UFA - 2
    $3,375,000$3,375,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
    RD
    RFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $1,650,000$1,650,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $5,625,000$5,625,000
    LD
    NTC
    UFA - 3
    $894,167$894,167
    LD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Mar. 22, 2022 at 11:10 p.m.
    I would try to get L'Hereux and a first
    Mar. 22, 2022 at 11:13 p.m.
    H.Lindholm Lover
    Quoting: MrDinkiee

do you see them being good partners in the offseason though?

also id want their first from this year, would be a higher pick
    Mar. 22, 2022 at 11:15 p.m.
    H.Lindholm Lover
    Quoting: MrDinkiee

probably could sneak fabbro in there too
    Mar. 22, 2022 at 11:17 p.m.
    STL
    Quoting: odyssey
    probably could sneak fabbro in there too

Maybe Fabbro, Tomasino and a pick? Doubt you get a 1st if you're getting the other two.
    odyssey liked this.
    Mar. 22, 2022 at 11:19 p.m.
    H.Lindholm Lover
    Quoting: jwg314
    Maybe Fabbro, Tomasino and a pick? Doubt you get a 1st if you're getting the other two.

what if the leafs added another piece like a 3rd or a B prospect?
    Mar. 22, 2022 at 11:20 p.m.
    STL
    what if the leafs added another piece like a 3rd or a B prospect?

Would probably take something like that, yeah. Tomasino in particular is a big piece, so you would really need to make it worth while.
    Mar. 22, 2022 at 11:22 p.m.
    Anth
    So you wanna trade a 30 goal scoring 60+ point winger from the leafs (win now mode) for a 3rd pairing D, a goalie that’s 2-3 seasons away from playing and a first round pick.
    Mar. 22, 2022 at 11:23 p.m.
    H.Lindholm Lover
    Quoting: AV12
    So you wanna trade a 30 goal scoring 60+ point winger from the leafs (win now mode) for a 3rd pairing D, a goalie that’s 2-3 seasons away from playing and a first round pick.

well they could get thar first and theat prospect and then go sign Forsberg
    Mar. 22, 2022 at 11:25 p.m.
    Chicago
    Askarov is still a couple years out from being NHL ready, and Toronto is in win now mode, how does this make them any better now? The leafs 2nd line wouldn't score if Nylander wasn't there, and there's no options in free agency to replace his scoring output. Forsberg will get extended, Burakovsky doesn't drive plays like Nylander, I highly doubt Giroux has any interest in TOR, options are limited.
    AV12 liked this.
    Mar. 22, 2022 at 11:28 p.m.
    Anth
    well they could get thar first and theat prospect and then go sign Forsberg

Doesn’t change the fact that your trade proposal was way off, look at vrana trade, Washington got an impact NHL player along with a first round pick, Nylanders trade value would be similar to that + another asset.
    Mar. 22, 2022 at 11:35 p.m.
    What about the Wild as trade partners for Nylander, Minne will be pushed right up to the sap ceiling and it's doubtful Fiala can be signed for less than Nylander's current salary.

Or the Leafs can explore the Dumba interest again.
    Mar. 22, 2022 at 11:39 p.m.
    H.Lindholm Lover
    Quoting: draft_em_sign_em_trade_em
    What about the Wild as trade partners for Nylander, Minne will be pushed right up to the sap ceiling and it's doubtful Fiala can be signed for less than Nylander's current salary.

Or the Leafs can explore the Dumba interest again.

idk, i just chose nashville because of the prospects im aware of, what would you consider trading for him?
    Mar. 22, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
    Ballards Curse
    Let's go over a few hypotheticals and statements here BEFORE we look into trading Nylander.

1) The biggest and most obvious one is Tavares and Nylander just straight up don't work. Tavares looked really good playing alongside Marner and Bunting, and while they are the 2 hottest wingers to have, he still looked like he could drive play and stuff. As for Nylander, he has been straight ass since the calendar year, however, how many times have we had this song and dance about him not playing up to his standard? I really just think he needs different linemates. He works best when he has to be the one driving the play.

2) Having said that, the option would be, Throw Tavares to the 3rd line in place of Miky, and have a line of Kerfoot, Mkiy and Nylander

3) Knies looks to be on his way to the leafs this season, and could honestly fit like a glove in that LW role with tavares and Nylander. a big PWF with lots of upside, so this could be a big option.

4) Also, having said all this, I think this is Muzzins last year as a leaf (Either Robidas island, or traded for scraps as his deal has no money left) . thats 5.6 + getting out of Mrazeks deal too, which is another 3.8.... 10 Mill in cap space should be enough to plug a lot of holes here.

They can get alot of Having said all that, if all this fails and he still looks like garbage in the Playoffs, I think you need to have a serious convo about Tavares first before Nylander. And if that can't get done, Then trade him.

5) With Leafs being in win now mode, they want a player that will help them now and not future picks/prospects. So Askrov wouldnt be the best value back for him. I think if Dubas can preform highway robbery, and benefit from a potential lackluster playoffs from the canes (sorry, just dont believe in playoff Freddy lol) See what the bid is on Slavin or Pesce. Could be something like Nyander + Conditional 1st + Liligren for Slavin. Or a straight swap Pesce for Nylander

Another team that could maybe be an option is Philly and what they are gonna do with Provov. Having a horrible season and with Fletcher being the worst GM in the league, Dubas could really preform highway robbery and get Provov+++ for Nylander

Still think the best option is keeping him and sorry for the super long post smile
    Mar. 23, 2022 at 12:01 a.m.
    H.Lindholm Lover
    Quoting: hazard
    Let's go over a few hypotheticals and statements here BEFORE we look into trading Nylander.

1) The biggest and most obvious one is Tavares and Nylander just straight up don't work. Tavares looked really good playing alongside Marner and Bunting, and while they are the 2 hottest wingers to have, he still looked like he could drive play and stuff. As for Nylander, he has been straight ass since the calendar year, however, how many times have we had this song and dance about him not playing up to his standard? I really just think he needs different linemates. He works best when he has to be the one driving the play.

2) Having said that, the option would be, Throw Tavares to the 3rd line in place of Miky, and have a line of Kerfoot, Mkiy and Nylander

3) Knies looks to be on his way to the leafs this season, and could honestly fit like a glove in that LW role with tavares and Nylander. a big PWF with lots of upside, so this could be a big option.

4) Also, having said all this, I think this is Muzzins last year as a leaf (Either Robidas island, or traded for scraps as his deal has no money left) . thats 5.6 + getting out of Mrazeks deal too, which is another 3.8.... 10 Mill in cap space should be enough to plug a lot of holes here.

They can get alot of Having said all that, if all this fails and he still looks like garbage in the Playoffs, I think you need to have a serious convo about Tavares first before Nylander. And if that can't get done, Then trade him.

5) With Leafs being in win now mode, they want a player that will help them now and not future picks/prospects. So Askrov wouldnt be the best value back for him. I think if Dubas can preform highway robbery, and benefit from a potential lackluster playoffs from the canes (sorry, just dont believe in playoff Freddy lol) See what the bid is on Slavin or Pesce. Could be something like Nyander + Conditional 1st + Liligren for Slavin. Or a straight swap Pesce for Nylander

Another team that could maybe be an option is Philly and what they are gonna do with Provov. Having a horrible season and with Fletcher being the worst GM in the league, Dubas could really preform highway robbery and get Provov+++ for Nylander

Still think the best option is keeping him and sorry for the super long post smile

they also could acquire negotiations rights to forsberg
    Mar. 23, 2022 at 12:06 a.m.
    LongtimeLeafsufferer
    I think Nashville would be long better off signing a good UFA winger and not trading for Nylander. This way they get to keep their young assets.
    There aren't many teams will cap, especially playoff teams, surely Nashville can snag one.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll