LW, RW
    RFA - 2
    Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
    $11,000,000$11,000,000
    C, LW
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$1,550,000$2M)
    C
    RFA - 2
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $834,167$834,167
    LW, RW
    RFA - 2
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
    $1,600,000$1,600,000
    LW
    UFA - 2
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $7,500,000$7,500,000
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 8
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    G
    UFA - 5
    $5,625,000$5,625,000
    LD
    NTC
    UFA - 2
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    LD/RD
    NTC
    UFA - 2
    $750,000$750,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    RD
    RFA - 2
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    LD
    UFA - 2
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $900,000$900,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $750,000$750,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $750,000$750,000
    RW
    RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Apr. 3, 2022 at 11:04 p.m.
    Turcotte hasnt even shown that he can be an NHL player yet let alone a 2nd liner and a mid to late 1st doesnt get it done on top of that for a 1st line winger. That's an easy no for the leafs and a 4th liner and a 2nd doesnt get a middle 6 versatile forward
    Trickster liked this.
    Apr. 3, 2022 at 11:26 p.m.
    Quoting: Ajp_18
    The reason they traded for Voracek was to get out from the Atkinson contract and save some actual money and term, other than Domi Columbus doesn’t have much they would be selling off that they don’t want to build around or had any value. They were shopping Kukan, Harrington, Korpisalo and other UFAs, none of which had any real value.

Also jarmo has been pretty upfront that he wants to get Marchenko, Johnson, Foudy and some of the younger forwards into the line up next season, that mean moving forwards out, not bringing them in.

You can't expect rookies to come in and play top 6 mins right away. Unless you have players like Matthews, McDavid and etc. the best coarse of action to shelter them behind players and leaders they can learn from. Kerfoot who is a Swiss army knife and can play all 3 forward positions plus the pk is a guy you probably want your rookies to learn from
    Apr. 4, 2022 at 12:18 a.m.
    tomato
    After Johnston claimed that no matter how the playoffs go, he thinks that Dubas will trade one of the big 4 this summer (which would obiously be Nylander), i started thinking about trades for him. I was thinking of one similar to this but revolving around Vilardi. It would be a gamble because neither Turcotte or Vilardi have shown any success at the NHL level but if they could reach their ceilings it would be the grounds for a good trade if we desperately need capspace.

The Number of rookies on this roster would frighten me a little. I would either keep Kerfoot for his versatility and/or get a decent 3rd line center upgrade on Kampf instead of giving out long term contracts to Sandin and liljegren (who i don't think would take 8 year deals at 4M).

Even if Campbell has decent numbers the rest of the year and the playoffs i am scared to commit that much money and term when he can implode and become a detriment for months at a time.
    oneX, OldNYIfan and Trickster liked this.
    Apr. 4, 2022 at 12:19 a.m.
    The Jackets do not want Kerfoot. Stop peddling him to us. As posted in previous comments, the Jackets want to work in the younger forwards not bring in middle of the pack guys.
    Apr. 4, 2022 at 1:23 a.m.
    Quoting: tomato43
    After Johnston claimed that no matter how the playoffs go, he thinks that Dubas will trade one of the big 4 this summer (which would obiously be Nylander), i started thinking about trades for him. I was thinking of one similar to this but revolving around Vilardi. It would be a gamble because neither Turcotte or Vilardi have shown any success at the NHL level but if they could reach their ceilings it would be the grounds for a good trade if we desperately need capspace.

The Number of rookies on this roster would frighten me a little. I would either keep Kerfoot for his versatility and/or get a decent 3rd line center upgrade on Kampf instead of giving out long term contracts to Sandin and liljegren (who i don't think would take 8 year deals at 4M).

Even if Campbell has decent numbers the rest of the year and the playoffs i am scared to commit that much money and term when he can implode and become a detriment for months at a time.

I get what you are saying but if Nylander (or Marner) is traded, it has to be for a very good Rd. Too much focus is always on making sure the forward group is fully stacked but a first round exit this time should usher in the idea of defense first from every player on this roster and it should start with trading for an Rd who will add to that idea.
    Trickster liked this.
    Apr. 4, 2022 at 9:38 a.m.
    Quoting: oneX
    I get what you are saying but if Nylander (or Marner) is traded, it has to be for a very good Rd. Too much focus is always on making sure the forward group is fully stacked but a first round exit this time should usher in the idea of defense first from every player on this roster and it should start with trading for an Rd who will add to that idea.

Our defence is good tbh. I don’t think we need dman with the emergence of Liljegren and Sandin. With just those 2 we now have have 5 legit top 4 dman with Rielly, Muzzin, Brodie, Sandin and Liljegren. No need for a dman especially with Neimela coming up.
    Apr. 4, 2022 at 9:41 a.m.

Nylander is the odd man out. I’ve vouched for Marner to be the one traded but this year he proved he’s on a whole other level than Nylander.

Villardi has the same issue as Tavares which is why I don’t want him. He’s kinda slow. Plus Turcotte has a strong defensive game that easily make him a top two way centre in the league. Pairing that with Robertson who can score 30+ goals and Tavares who’s the little things king would make a perfect situation for him
    Apr. 4, 2022 at 9:45 a.m.

Also Toronto likes Kampf at 3rd line cause of his assignment. He’s a checking line player. Kase and Engvall has shown great play driving ability on offence. Plus no need to commit to a 3rd line player when prospects like Steeves, Knies and Abruzzese are on the rise. Especially since when commuting to said 3rd line we would need a m-ntc or nmc

With Campbell he’s more of a bridge. I did see reports that Toronto is interested in Samsonov from Washington but that’s a project and would cost some draft capital. I’d go for it but idk abo it how the contract would look for Samsonov who’s had a poor season to say the least
    Apr. 4, 2022 at 9:47 a.m.
    Quoting: Jacketsman61
    The Jackets do not want Kerfoot. Stop peddling him to us. As posted in previous comments, the Jackets want to work in the younger forwards not bring in middle of the pack guys.

Kk do what Buffalo and Edmonton has done in the 2010s with their prospects. Surround them with the incorrect players so they never learned to play a full 200 ft game.
    Apr. 4, 2022 at 10:43 a.m.
    Quoting: CakeEaterBanks
    Nylander is the odd man out. I’ve vouched for Marner to be the one traded but this year he proved he’s on a whole other level than Nylander.

Villardi has the same issue as Tavares which is why I don’t want him. He’s kinda slow. Plus Turcotte has a strong defensive game that easily make him a top two way centre in the league. Pairing that with Robertson who can score 30+ goals and Tavares who’s the little things king would make a perfect situation for him

how is a guy who cant even make the NHL when he's close to 22 "easily a top two way center in the league"?
    Apr. 4, 2022 at 11:28 a.m.
    Quoting: JaredOfLondon
    how is a guy who cant even make the NHL when he's close to 22 "easily a top two way center in the league"?

Spelling mistake but I was saying that he has the tools to be a top two way centre in the league.

If honestly bet on it as well as I do believe in his skill
    Apr. 4, 2022 at 11:56 a.m.
    Spelling mistake but I was saying that he has the tools to be a top two way centre in the league.

If honestly bet on it as well as I do believe in his skill

Lots of players have tools. He cant even score as well in the ahl now as nylander did as an 18 year old
    Apr. 4, 2022 at 1:48 p.m.
    Nah.
    Kk do what Buffalo and Edmonton has done in the 2010s with their prospects. Surround them with the incorrect players so they never learned to play a full 200 ft game.

You can't expect rookies to come in and play top 6 mins right away. Unless you have players like Matthews, McDavid and etc. the best coarse of action to shelter them behind players and leaders they can learn from. Kerfoot who is a Swiss army knife and can play all 3 forward positions plus the pk is a guy you probably want your rookies to learn from

The entire point here is that CBJ are already flushed with veterans taking up minutes. Moving Robinson to get Kerfoot is just...replacing another veteran with a veteran.

Can't really say Kerfoot is any more or less of a "correct" player, either. His defensive numbers are fine, and I typically take any player's offensive numbers coming out of TOR/COL/FLA/TBL with a grain of salt, since most teams in the league don't have Matthews/ Marner/ Tavares, etc. Plus, he's making double Robinson's salary.
    Apr. 5, 2022 at 1:54 a.m.
    Our defence is good tbh. I don’t think we need dman with the emergence of Liljegren and Sandin. With just those 2 we now have have 5 legit top 4 dman with Rielly, Muzzin, Brodie, Sandin and Liljegren. No need for a dman especially with Neimela coming up.

Well it's nice to see how high people seem to be on Liljegren/Sandin's play since the additions on defense and I'm not one to rain on anyone's parade but may be some need a reminder that both of these guys are 3rd pair D right now.

And... while it is hopeful to see them playing well, this is still the regular season. Let's see how these guys handle playoff hockey where the pressure is upped x1000.

Also about Gio: he has looked good in the small amount of time he's been with the team and people assume that he'll sign a team friendly deal like Spezza has been and that's great. Just want to remind everyone that he's going to be 39 years old next season perhaps will not be nearly as effective as he's looked so far.

This league is trending younger and younger, not sure how I'd feel about a 39 year old keeping up.
    Apr. 7, 2022 at 5:10 p.m.
    Quoting: oneX
    Well it's nice to see how high people seem to be on Liljegren/Sandin's play since the additions on defense and I'm not one to rain on anyone's parade but may be some need a reminder that both of these guys are 3rd pair D right now.

And... while it is hopeful to see them playing well, this is still the regular season. Let's see how these guys handle playoff hockey where the pressure is upped x1000.

Also about Gio: he has looked good in the small amount of time he's been with the team and people assume that he'll sign a team friendly deal like Spezza has been and that's great. Just want to remind everyone that he's going to be 39 years old next season perhaps will not be nearly as effective as he's looked so far.

This league is trending younger and younger, not sure how I'd feel about a 39 year old keeping up.

Sandin and Liljegren analytics are amazing and needs more playing time. Here in this instance they have 3 pairs they can play 20 mins a night each and if one is looking off play another a little more.

That the way I personally look at it. Idk bout y’all but I tuck we need more of a quick fast paced team, that can counter when open ice is given and is quick in transition. Obviously giving up Nylander we lose a lot of that but Nylander this year has shown he’s the most replaceable like Kessel was with Pittsburgh in their runs.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll