SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Season Discussion Thread #28 - Oilers are a Wagon

Apr. 10, 2022 at 1:16 a.m.
Farewell

IMO, he's overtaken Shesterkin for Hart front-runner at this point.
aadoyle, EsoYeezus69, csick and 1 other person liked this.
Apr. 10, 2022 at 1:17 a.m.
I make typos
Quoting: Juiceman
Idk if I would trust Koskinen and Smith to get me through the playoffs. Maybe they heat up and get you through a round or two but that’s not the type of goaltending that you see in the Stanley cup finald

did u not just see the way Koskinen played tonight? and Smith has really picked up his game and has won like 5 in a row
Apr. 10, 2022 at 1:20 a.m.
Speak of the Devil
Value wise yeah. Demko however is literally the only thing keeping Vancouver from being a lottery team right now. Without Demko, the team isn’t going anywhere in the future. That is an extremely enticing offer but I highly doubt Ruthford would ever authorize a Demko trade. He basically said himself that the Canucks have a franchise goaltender and that he’s the only reason the Canucks win a bunch of games

So the Canucks are planning to retool or?
Apr. 10, 2022 at 1:24 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188

IMO, he's overtaken Shesterkin for Hart front-runner at this point.

To me its a tight race but Matthews is probs gonna win because of the Ukraine situation as Shesterkin is Russian and so voters probs gonna go yeah lets go with American

But if none of that outside stuff will apply Shesterkin probs wins.
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Apr. 10, 2022 at 1:25 a.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: Devil

6c21kb.jpg
oilersguy, BeterChiarelli, Devil and 1 other person liked this.
Apr. 10, 2022 at 1:25 a.m.
Hakuna Matata

Really depends on what JR and Alvin have planned.

And from experiencing both in Pittsburgh anything could happen besides a Petey and Hughes trade.

As for starters nobody knows if Boudreau is coming back despite the strong record with them.
Apr. 10, 2022 at 1:26 a.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: oilersguy
did u not just see the way Koskinen played tonight? and Smith has really picked up his game and has won like 5 in a row

Both are very streaky. When they are bad, they are really bad. I will always remember Koskinen allowing 4 goals on 4 shots to the Canucks last year
aadoyle liked this.
Apr. 10, 2022 at 1:27 a.m.
Farewell
Quoting: aadoyle
To me its a tight race but Matthews is probs gonna win because of the Ukraine situation as Shesterkin is Russian and so voters probs gonna go yeah lets go with American

But if none of that outside stuff will apply Shesterkin probs wins.

I'd be VERY surprised (which is to say, not pleased) if that affects the Hart voting. Shesterkin should get less votes just because of the country he comes from? He's not a credit to or representing Russia in any way, shape or form.

But either way, I think Matthews deserves it at this point (and I can't stand the guy).
Apr. 10, 2022 at 1:28 a.m.
Ex Nucks fan

And from experiencing both in Pittsburgh anything could happen besides a Petey and Hughes trade.

As for starters nobody knows if Boudreau is coming back despite the strong record with them.

The order of untouchables go as followed: Demko, Hughes, Pettersson
Apr. 10, 2022 at 1:30 a.m.
I make typos
Edited Apr. 10, 2022 at 2:03 a.m.
Both are very streaky. When they are bad, they are really bad. I will always remember Koskinen allowing 4 goals on 4 shots to the Canucks last year

that is true but Oilers goaltending has not been a problem for them in the past couple of weeks and last year it was not Smiths fault that we lost to the jets it was our depth
Apr. 10, 2022 at 1:35 a.m.
Ban Price trades
that is true but Oilers goaltending has not been a problem for them in the past couple of weeks and last it was not Smiths fault that we lost to the jets it was our depth

It was DeMelo literally removing equipment from McDavid every shift and the refs being okay with it. Atrociously officiated series.
Apr. 10, 2022 at 1:40 a.m.
Farewell
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
It was DeMelo literally removing equipment from McDavid every shift and the refs being okay with it. Atrociously officiated series.

Game 4 was the worst. McDavid was getting slashed, held, tackled, pulled, yanked, interfered, cross-checked, boarded, and tripped every time he touched the puck or skated into the zone, and the refs called NOTHING. Just pocketed the whistles. Was painful to watch, and I was rooting for Winnipeg. Some of the worst officiating (or, more appropriately, lack thereof) I've ever seen.
oilersguy liked this.
Apr. 10, 2022 at 2:07 a.m.
Ex Nucks fan
that is true but Oilers goaltending has not been a problem for them in the past couple of weeks and last year it was not Smiths fault that we lost to the jets it was our depth

Yeah your goaltending has been good for the last couple weeks but you really can’t depend on that in the playoffs. Both Smith and Koskinen have sub 0.905 save %. The Oilers are most likely not making it past round 2
oilersguy liked this.
Apr. 10, 2022 at 2:11 a.m.
I make typos
Somebody needs to tell the CHL that exceptional status does not need to be given out every year, This Michael Misa guy doesn't need to be granted expectational
Apr. 10, 2022 at 2:19 a.m.
Speak of the Devil

They are in a difficult position. Guys like Boeser, Hoglander, Garland are underpreforming based on expectations. While guys like Demko and Miller are playing exceptional. They also have a meh prospect pool. They could either retool (trade Miller, Boeser, etc) or go for it all. They gotta make a decision this offseason
Apr. 10, 2022 at 2:20 a.m.
I make typos

DRAI IS GOOD AT DEFENCE, he does stuff like this all the time

and he is on the pk and is +20 (Matthews is only +14 and isn't on the pk btw)
Apr. 10, 2022 at 2:33 a.m.
Ex Nucks fan

DRAI IS GOOD AT DEFENCE, he does stuff like this all the time

and he is on the pk and is +20 (Matthews is only +14 and isn't on the pk btw)

+/- is not a good stat but I believe you
oilersguy, A_Habs_fan, Devil and 1 other person liked this.
Apr. 10, 2022 at 2:35 a.m.
Ex Nucks fan
They are in a difficult position. Guys like Boeser, Hoglander, Garland are underpreforming based on expectations. While guys like Demko and Miller are playing exceptional. They also have a meh prospect pool. They could either retool (trade Miller, Boeser, etc) or go for it all. They gotta make a decision this offseason

Two of Miller Boeser and Garland will probably be gone. If we can get another first round pick this year and a RD prospect that’s almost NHL ready then I’d say that’s a solid offseason. I wouldn’t trade Garland when his value is low. He’s locked up for 4 more seasons so there shouldn’t be a rush to move him. At this point I’d take a Reinhart type trade if Boeser doesn’t sign a reasonable contract. If he asks for less than 7 mil over long term then we should sign him
Apr. 10, 2022 at 2:40 a.m.
Speak of the Devil
Two of Miller Boeser and Garland will probably be gone. If we can get another first round pick this year and a RD prospect that’s almost NHL ready then I’d say that’s a solid offseason. I wouldn’t trade Garland when his value is low. He’s locked up for 4 more seasons so there shouldn’t be a rush to move him. At this point I’d take a Reinhart type trade if Boeser doesn’t sign a reasonable contract. If he asks for less than 7 mil over long term then we should sign him

Should have traded Miller at the deadline
I don't see Boeser or Garland getting a 1st in return.
RHD prospects are extremely hard to find. Not sure how many are available
Apr. 10, 2022 at 6:56 a.m.
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
.980 save percentage for kuemper.
Are you kidding me?!?!
Also Oilers are way better than the Habs maybe I should start making realistic trade proposals

Great post lol
BeterChiarelli liked this.
Apr. 10, 2022 at 9:58 a.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Either you buyout Mike Hoffman in the summer or you punish him by making him play with Ladd & Eriksson in Arizona. That guy needs to be gone next season.
Apr. 10, 2022 at 10:02 a.m.
Quoting: SevenLeg
Either you buyout Mike Hoffman in the summer or you punish him by making him play with Ladd & Eriksson in Arizona. That guy needs to be gone next season.

I noticed hoffman last night, but not for the right reasons. That habs team is very very promising. I felt like Hoffman held his whole line back and dragged them down all game
Apr. 10, 2022 at 10:03 a.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
I noticed hoffman last night, but not for the right reasons. That habs team is very very promising. I felt like Hoffman held his whole line back and dragged them down all game

You saw that moment when he just... ignored a better-positioned Caufield on the PP because he wanted to score himself?
DucharmetheDOMinator, A_Habs_fan, EsoYeezus69 and 1 other person liked this.
Apr. 10, 2022 at 10:21 a.m.
Quoting: SevenLeg
You saw that moment when he just... ignored a better-positioned Caufield on the PP because he wanted to score himself?

Didn’t watch the game but not surprised. Hoffman is good at shooting the puck, normally on the PP, and literally nothing else. He’s literally older, less talented Laine but we’ve all accepted it and only give the younger generation **** for being one-dimensional lmao
Db1899 liked this.
Apr. 10, 2022 at 10:24 a.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: Alfie11
Didn’t watch the game but not surprised. Hoffman is good at shooting the puck, normally on the PP, and literally nothing else. He’s literally older, less talented Laine but we’ve all accepted it and only give the younger generation **** for being one-dimensional lmao

His PP offense kept him relevant in this league but that's starting to fade away. The buyout is cheap and its addition by substraction.
Alfie11, DucharmetheDOMinator, A_Habs_fan and 1 other person liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll