LD
RFA - 1
Logo of the CGY
Gudbranson, Erik
$2,000,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 4
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Logo of the CGY
Mackey, Connor
$912,500
LD
RFA - 1
Logo of the CGY
Lewis, Trevor
$800,000
RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the CGY
Stone, Michael
$800,000
RD
UFA

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 14 at 7:33 a.m.
Seiders on the Storm
Value is fair for Lucic. I'll take another 2nd round pick. Lucic only has one more season left on his contract. Problem is we only have so many roster spots available. I'd sooner play Lucic over Erne or Smith. As long as he's not blocking Veleno or Berggren I'm ok with it. Opponents are much less brave when they know Lucic is sitting on the bench. It all depends whether or not Yzerman adds any player (s) in free agency or trades.
aedoran and Billy12Bob liked this.
Apr. 14 at 7:35 a.m.
Tkachuk is worth way more than Batherson
zyyyp liked this.
Apr. 14 at 7:40 a.m.
Your favorite Ranger
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Tkachuk is worth way more than Batherson

About the same. Whatever difference there may be is offset by the contract difference.
Apr. 14 at 7:57 a.m.
Quoting: AFox23
About the same. Whatever difference there may be is offset by the contract difference.

That's like saying the difference between Panarin and Tayler Hall is offset by the contract difference so they are a fair 1 for 1
Apr. 14 at 8:07 a.m.
Tank Commander
Montreal reluctantly accepts. While Josh Anderson is basically the only power forward we’ve had in a long time, that contract looks awful. Also, Montreal has been targeting Pelletier since the Toffoli trade and Calgary said no. We can swallow Monahan’s contract for one year or flip him for picks/prospects.
Apr. 14 at 9:09 a.m.
That offer for Tkachuk would get beat by almost every other team in the league. Tkachuck one of if not the best Power forwards in the game Batherson is yet to break 40 points in a season. and sure has good numbers for 35 games but that means jack if he cant stay healthy.
Apr. 14 at 9:19 a.m.
Jay27
I don’t want to see Anderson go nor do I want Monahan with the way he’s looked the last two years but for how bad I want to see Pelletier play with Suzy and Caufield if I were Hugo I’d reluctantly accept.
Apr. 14 at 9:19 a.m.
Hii
Quoting: habs_need_Scoring
That offer for Tkachuk would get beat by almost every other team in the league. Tkachuck one of if not the best Power forwards in the game Batherson is yet to break 40 points in a season. and sure has good numbers for 35 games but that means jack if he cant stay healthy.

Dude, he is dynamic and did you see how he got hurt. Your point means nothing cause was over a point a game and was an all-star before he got hurt and prior to that injury he had no prior injury history also had 34 points last year and has 39 in 37 games this year. He also is on such a good contract that Ottawa probably doesn’t trade him.
athrin liked this.
Apr. 14 at 9:47 a.m.
Virgin
Quoting: liamarchibald00
Montreal reluctantly accepts. While Josh Anderson is basically the only power forward we’ve had in a long time, that contract looks awful. Also, Montreal has been targeting Pelletier since the Toffoli trade and Calgary said no. We can swallow Monahan’s contract for one year or flip him for picks/prospects.

Anderson is useless though
Apr. 14 at 9:47 a.m.
Virgin
Habs accept. Anderson is useless - enjoy.
Apr. 14 at 9:59 a.m.
Quoting: Hii
Dude, he is dynamic and did you see how he got hurt. Your point means nothing cause was over a point a game and was an all-star before he got hurt and prior to that injury he had no prior injury history also had 34 points last year and has 39 in 37 games this year. He also is on such a good contract that Ottawa probably doesn’t trade him.

Not saying he isnt a good player but hes not at Tkachuk level by any means. Your basing an assessment on batherson on such a small sample size where Tkachuk is not only more proven but is producing at a high pace over 73 games than Batherson was over 37.
Apr. 14 at 10:37 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Let stop the fantasy that M NTC Lucic can be traded. He certainly isn't going to a team with cap...aka a non playoff team.
Anderson's not a consistent enough to warrant his 5.5m salary, and certainly his term is too much for any team to like.
If Tzachuk doesn't sign long term with Flames, he can be a UFA in the summer of 2023. That's gonna be a interesting situation this summer for the Flames.
Apr. 14 at 10:45 a.m.
Sabres are elite
These are very bad trades for Calgary, especially trading Pelletier and not getting near the value of Matthew Tkachuk. It would have to be Batherson a really good prospect, and probably a 1st. I know Drake has been good, but Tkachuk is better all over the board
Apr. 14 at 11:13 a.m.
Not saying he isnt a good player but hes not at Tkachuk level by any means. Your basing an assessment on batherson on such a small sample size where Tkachuk is not only more proven but is producing at a high pace over 73 games than Batherson was over 37.

Batherson’s sample size isn’t small by any means. Went from being an all star and arguably the best player in the Q to being an all star and arguably the best player in the AHL as a rookie to a solid rookie season that would’ve had him in Calder contention if he qualified to a sweetheart contract NHL all star game and over a ppg this year. None of that is a small sample size.

If you take away his 8 points in last 10 games coming off of injury on one of the worst teams in the league and Tkachuk’s 16 point in his last 10 games while playing on one of the best teams in the league with significantly better supporting cast then their per game averages really aren’t that far off.

Couple that with the fact that Tkachuk may legitimately command almost double Batherson’s cap hit and you have a scenario that more than evens itself out. For double the money does Tkachuk give you double the impact, double the points? No. Contract matters especially on a team up against it like Calgary.
Hii and athrin liked this.
Apr. 14 at 11:15 a.m.
That's like saying the difference between Panarin and Tayler Hall is offset by the contract difference so they are a fair 1 for 1

Hall doesn’t score at nearly the same pace or have nearly the same impact. He’s also old and frankly looks washed, definitely on the downturn of his career.

Bad example but I see the premise. Genuinely think it does apply here. Tkachuk could very well make double Batherson’s money on the same term. In no world does Tkachuk have double the impact or give you double the points when Batherson’s already over a ppg…
Hii liked this.
Apr. 14 at 11:26 a.m.
Quoting: MoreHitzSeider
Value is fair for Lucic. I'll take another 2nd round pick. Lucic only has one more season left on his contract. Problem is we only have so many roster spots available. I'd sooner play Lucic over Erne or Smith. As long as he's not blocking Veleno or Berggren I'm ok with it. Opponents are much less brave when they know Lucic is sitting on the bench. It all depends whether or not Yzerman adds any player (s) in free agency or trades.

I agree value is fair but no way he brings Lucic to Detroit and thats if he'd even waive for Detroit he has an NMC.
Billy12Bob liked this.
Apr. 14 at 11:42 a.m.
Quoting: TheBoyDuddus
Batherson’s sample size isn’t small by any means. Went from being an all star and arguably the best player in the Q to being an all star and arguably the best player in the AHL as a rookie to a solid rookie season that would’ve had him in Calder contention if he qualified to a sweetheart contract NHL all star game and over a ppg this year. None of that is a small sample size.

If you take away his 8 points in last 10 games coming off of injury on one of the worst teams in the league and Tkachuk’s 16 point in his last 10 games while playing on one of the best teams in the league with significantly better supporting cast then their per game averages really aren’t that far off.

Couple that with the fact that Tkachuk may legitimately command almost double Batherson’s cap hit and you have a scenario that more than evens itself out. For double the money does Tkachuk give you double the impact, double the points? No. Contract matters especially on a team up against it like Calgary.

So mcdavid isnt better then a 5 mil center getting 60 points because he makes 2.5 times his salary but not 2.5 as many points? that is ridiculous lol. Mathews isnt as valuable as a 5.5 mil 35 goal scorer because mathews isnt scoring 80 goals lol. Thats a very narrow minded view of what a player brings. If you think Tkachuck only brings the points he gets to a team then you havent watched much of him.
Apr. 14 at 12:55 p.m.
Hall doesn’t score at nearly the same pace or have nearly the same impact. He’s also old and frankly looks washed, definitely on the downturn of his career.

Bad example but I see the premise. Genuinely think it does apply here. Tkachuk could very well make double Batherson’s money on the same term. In no world does Tkachuk have double the impact or give you double the points when Batherson’s already over a ppg…

He's played 37 games... Thats hardly a good enough sample size to compare him to Tkachuk who could very well hit 100 points this year.

How about this Fox vs Dobson, almost the same ages as Tkachuk and Batherson respectively. Dobson has over 40 points this year and certainly wont be making 9.5M next year
habs_need_Scoring liked this.
Apr. 14 at 9:04 p.m.
He's played 37 games... Thats hardly a good enough sample size to compare him to Tkachuk who could very well hit 100 points this year.

How about this Fox vs Dobson, almost the same ages as Tkachuk and Batherson respectively. Dobson has over 40 points this year and certainly wont be making 9.5M next year

So mcdavid isnt better then a 5 mil center getting 60 points because he makes 2.5 times his salary but not 2.5 as many points? that is ridiculous lol. Mathews isnt as valuable as a 5.5 mil 35 goal scorer because mathews isnt scoring 80 goals lol. Thats a very narrow minded view of what a player brings. If you think Tkachuck only brings the points he gets to a team then you havent watched much of him.

Both of yall need to go watch the games back from the start of the year that led to him being named an allstar. Crazy disrespectful to Batherson. Talking about him like hes some chump. He's widely talked about as one of the best bang for you buck contracts in the league.

Dobson's just breaking into the league on his ELC, talk to me when he's signed his first deal. Comparing Dobson to Batherson is wild. Has he made an allstar game? Has he made one in the A? Is he the best player at his position on the team? I'm a huge tkachuk fan but comparing the reigning Norris trophy winner is wild too. Dont think that one works too well.

But comparing McDavid and his impact to a 60 point centre signed at 5 mil is ridiculous. Beyond tone deaf. Do yourself a favor and reread the conversation because YOU sound ridiculous. The only narrow mind here is you. I never once said that points or goals was the only way to gauge impact against cap hit. Just a habs fan talking down on Batherson because he's in Ottawa. Funny you're saying that I should watch tkachuk play when you most definitely havent seen Batherson play trying to talk about sample size. A little hypocritical wouldnt you say?
Apr. 14 at 9:21 p.m.
Both of yall need to go watch the games back from the start of the year that led to him being named an allstar. Crazy disrespectful to Batherson. Talking about him like hes some chump. He's widely talked about as one of the best bang for you buck contracts in the league.

Dobson's just breaking into the league on his ELC, talk to me when he's signed his first deal. Comparing Dobson to Batherson is wild. Has he made an allstar game? Has he made one in the A? Is he the best player at his position on the team? I'm a huge tkachuk fan but comparing the reigning Norris trophy winner is wild too. Dont think that one works too well.

But comparing McDavid and his impact to a 60 point centre signed at 5 mil is ridiculous. Beyond tone deaf. Do yourself a favor and reread the conversation because YOU sound ridiculous. The only narrow mind here is you. I never once said that points or goals was the only way to gauge impact against cap hit. Just a habs fan talking down on Batherson because he's in Ottawa. Funny you're saying that I should watch tkachuk play when you most definitely havent seen Batherson play trying to talk about sample size. A little hypocritical wouldnt you say?

Nobody is calling Batherson a chump lol. But to even put him in the same stratosphere as Tkachuk is laughable
Apr. 14 at 9:29 p.m.
Nobody is calling Batherson a chump lol. But to even put him in the same stratosphere as Tkachuk is laughable

Well he’s certainly not in the same stratosphere as Dobson. We’ll see what Batherson’s does next year barring injury but he’s very realistically a 90 point player. Comparing that to a 100 point player is not ridiculous by any means. Well aware of what a Tkachuk brings to the table but I genuinely don’t know if you’re aware of what Batherson brings.
Apr. 14 at 9:33 p.m.
Well he’s certainly not in the same stratosphere as Dobson. We’ll see what Batherson’s does next year barring injury but he’s very realistically a 90 point player. Comparing that to a 100 point player is not ridiculous by any means. Well aware of what a Tkachuk brings to the table but I genuinely don’t know if you’re aware of what Batherson brings.

I highly doubt he hits 90 points, I would expect a 30-30 player from him for most of his career. Maybe Couple 70-75 point seasons but not much more. Ottawa could add this years 1st to Batherson and Flames still decline
Apr. 14 at 9:56 p.m.
I highly doubt he hits 90 points, I would expect a 30-30 player from him for most of his career. Maybe Couple 70-75 point seasons but not much more. Ottawa could add this years 1st to Batherson and Flames still decline

How? Brady’s in the middle of a 30-30 season right now and Batherson’s a much better passer and shooter. Not to mention he was consistently over a point per game all season. Zero reason he can’t hit at least 82.

Don’t need to worry about Ottawa adding this years 1st to the swap because they’d never offer it. Not only can they not afford Tkachuk’s next contract but trading away the only right handed top 6 forward on the team for another left handed LW to add to Norris, Stuetzle and Brady would make no sense.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll