SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

4/21 Mock Draft 2022

4/21 Mock Draft 2022

Draft Class: 2022
Created By: Sacha_Baysal_
Published: Apr. 21, 2022 at 1:41 p.m.
Description
This is my 1st Mock Draft for 2022 and if you don't agree just let me know who you have where. I will probably make a couple more drafts. Let me know how I did.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the Arizona CoyotesArizona Coyotes (1→1)
  2. Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMontreal Canadiens (2→2)
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Shane Wright is by far the best player in the draft and whoever gets 1st will for sure take him.
2Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Logan Cooley is one of the most complete players in the entire draft and I think he will go 2nd because he is the 2nd best player in this draft and Montreal could use a good center like him.
3Logo of the Seattle Kraken-I believe that Nemec is the best defenseman in the draft and since Seattle already got their #1 forward last year, they will get their defenseman this year.
4Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-After moving Giroux the flyers will get a 1c to help their rebuild.
5Logo of the New Jersey Devils-The devils have their 1c in Jack Hughes and why not get a big good scoring winger to help him.
6Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Chicago BlackhawksLambert is a very speedy and shifty forward who can move well with the puck and I think he would be very good in the Jacket's future.
7Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Jiricek is the 2nd best defenseman and would be very good for Ottawa to take to add to their future D-Core.
8Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Kemell is a very solid forward who can be a very good future asset for detroit's forward core.
9Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Yurov is a good scoring and playmaking winger who can be a very good top 6 forward in the future for the Sabers.
10Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Nazar game is very shifty and he is a great all around player who will be a good future winger in the Sharks forward core.
11Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-This seems high for McGroarty but he has really impressed me and I think his scoring and playmaking is really good together. I think he could even be taken ahead of Nazar potentially.
12Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Columbus took a forward 6th overall in this draft so I see them taking a defenseman this time in Salomonsson. This may surprise some people this high, but from what I have seen he is the 3rd best defenseman in this draft. He has a great 2-way game and some physicality.
13Logo of the New York Islanders-Geekie still has a lot of work to do in his game, but I see great potential in him and could be a good 2c behind Barzal in the future.
14Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-I see the Jets taking a defenseman here and the next best choice here is Casey. He still does need to do some work, but the breaking out and offense is very good.
15Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-The Canucks already have a stacked forward core so they probably want a D-Man here and I think the next best option is Mintyukov. I think his game has great offensive and defensive ability with some physicality.
16Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Vegas Golden KnightsLekkerimaki has an amazing shot and is such an explosive speedy winger who would be great in the Saber's future.
17Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-L.A has already such a stacked prospect pool and can really take anyone with this pick, but if they were to decide I think they would take a D-Man over a forward.The next best D-Man is Chesley, he has a great defensive game and is good at transitions, but his offense still needs some work, but offense is really L.A's worry right now.
18Logo of the Nashville Predators-Mateychuck is a solid defenseman who still does have a couple holes in his game but once he gets those figured out he can be a really solid D-Man.
19Logo of the Dallas Stars-I really like Gauthier's game and he could go even higher than this. His 2-way play and playing in the O-Zone is very good and he could become a very good top 6 forward in the future.
20Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-I see the Oilers taking a D-Man here because they already have many good young forwards so they probably want a D-Man here. I see Luneau as the best option here because of his good all around game. His game so far is very solid all around and after a couple of years in the QMJHL he could become really good in all categories of a D-Man.
21Logo of the Washington Capitals-Ostlund has a really solid game and excels in playmaking who can be a really good middle 6 forward in Washington's future. This may seem low for Ostlund but I have just seen forwards who are better than Ostlund.
22Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-Mesar is a good all around winger who is a versatile forward and could be a good middle 6'er for the Penguins in a few years.
23Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston BruinsThe Ducks took a forward earlier in the draft so they can take a D-Man here. Nelson still has to work on his defensive ability, but his offensive ability is really good already. He can be the Ducks future PP defenseman.
24Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-Howard is a great all around winger has top 6 potential with his great shot and drive in the O-Zone. This would be a great guy for Tampa to pick up for their future.
25Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Snuggerud is a big offensive scoring winger who can play his role throughout the ice. This would be a great player for the Wild's future top 6.
26Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Calgary FlamesOhgren is a good solid all around winger who can be good for Montreal's future top 9.
27Logo of the St. Louis Blues-Perevalov has a really complete game with scoring and defensive upside and could be a great piece in Blue's top 9.
28Logo of the New York Rangers-Kasper is a really good playmaking center who has top 6 upside and I think he can go higher than this, but he will be great for New York's future.
29Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Carolina HurricanesArizona should take a D-Man here because of their already stacked offense. Big Defenseman who uses his size to play excellent Defense with still having some offensive skill.
30Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-As a D-Man Hutson can kind of do it all and his 1 big problem is his size. But once he bulks up in a few years he will be a really good complete D-Man.
31Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Florida PanthersPickering is a really solid all around D-Man and once he takes a few years to get his game even more complete he can be a solid top 6 or top 4 D-Man.
32Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Colorado AvalancheSolid 2-Way center who can score and pass. He seems to have top 6 potential.
Apr. 21, 2022 at 2:18 p.m.
Lambert too high!
Apr. 21, 2022 at 2:18 p.m.
and pretty sure cbj wont take him...
Apr. 21, 2022 at 2:38 p.m.
IamAlwaysRight
Doubt Nazar is available for SJ. But very likely Sharks pick Lekkerimaki. Korchinski should be a 1st rounder IMo otherwise it's a good draft.
Apr. 21, 2022 at 2:56 p.m.
Salomonsson is wayyyy too high, he's at best a late 1st, rest is decent
Apr. 21, 2022 at 3:51 p.m.
Cold spaghetti
I really love Seamus Casey for the Jets, low key plays like a poor mans Adam Fox
Apr. 21, 2022 at 6:17 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: gary_bettman
Doubt Nazar is available for SJ. But very likely Sharks pick Lekkerimaki. Korchinski should be a 1st rounder IMo otherwise it's a good draft.

Yeah he wont get past hometown Detroit, And that's if he even makes it to them.
Apr. 21, 2022 at 6:18 p.m.
Banned
Once again most mocks have Brad Lambert in the 9-15 overall range he's having an atrocious season. Detroit takes either Geekie or Nazar at 9th overall.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll