Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$3,800,000$3,800,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 25, 2022 at 9:19 a.m.
Well, adding Jeannot Marchemend and Paul is a real nice way to add some size and physicality .. can’t forget Des either!
bald_and_bankrupt liked this.
Apr. 25, 2022 at 9:19 a.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Have you considered making trades where the leafs don't get completely hosed or do you try and emulate your golden boy that much and are going for realism?
Apr. 25, 2022 at 9:20 a.m.
Quoting: GeneralLandro
Well, adding Jeannot Marchemend and Paul is a real nice way to add some size and physicality .. can’t forget Des either!

Not sure if the Nashville would trade Jeannot, he is a rare type of player in the NHL but a Nylander type player could be found anywhere
Apr. 25, 2022 at 9:25 a.m.
Quoting: MrDinkiee
Not sure if the Nashville would trade Jeannot, he is a rare type of player in the NHL but a Nylander type player could be found anywhere

I feel like he would cost double his value if he were to be traded but just looking at it as adds it looks real nice

I’d love for Anaheim to add at least on of Marchment or Paul
Apr. 25, 2022 at 9:28 a.m.
Quoting: GeneralLandro
I feel like he would cost double his value if he were to be traded but just looking at it as adds it looks real nice

I’d love for Anaheim to add at least on of Marchment or Paul

Did you see Paul's between the leg goal? What a beauty
Apr. 25, 2022 at 9:29 a.m.
Did you see Paul's between the leg goal? What a beauty

It was beautiful
Apr. 25, 2022 at 9:31 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
You really that Brodie waives his NMC for Edmonton, or that Edmonton has the cap for Brodie?
If Husso is better than Campbell, doesn't Husso get a better offer than 3.5m?
Funny how the Leafs can trade 2m Holl for assets, but Lyubushin (who is probably superior to Holl) signs for just 1.75m
Marchment has no motivation to come to sign for with the Leafs. The team that probably in his mind never gave him an fair shot at the NHL.
Apr. 25, 2022 at 9:36 a.m.
Quoting: palhal
You really that Brodie waives his NMC for Edmonton, or that Edmonton has the cap for Brodie?
If Husso is better than Campbell, doesn't Husso get a better offer than 3.5m?
Funny how the Leafs can trade 2m Holl for assets, but Lyubushin (who is probably superior to Holl) signs for just 1.75m
Marchment has no motivation to come to sign for with the Leafs. The team that probably in his mind never gave him an fair shot at the NHL.

Dubas overpaid for Brodie, he is not a $5M defensemen (the Jake Gardiner comparisons made by Flames fans when the Leafs signed him is starting to show). Who said that Campbell is worth $3M+, if a team signs that contract, they are overpaying. I agree that Lyubushkin can get more so giving him above $2M+ seems fair and no one knows where Marchment will go
Apr. 25, 2022 at 9:44 a.m.
Go leafs go
Seriously, you rant and rave about how the leafs are all offence and too skilled and you go and trade teams best defensive defensive, and replace him with Ondrei Palat. Nothing again Palat but Brodie is 1000 times more important to this team.

Dubas overpaid for Brodie, he is not a $5M defensemen (the Jake Gardiner comparisons made by Flames fans when the Leafs signed him is starting to show). Who said that Campbell is worth $3M+, if a team signs that contract, they are overpaying. I agree that Lyubushkin can get more so giving him above $2M+ seems fair and no one knows where Marchment will go

I’ve never heard one single flames fan make that comparison. Every flames fan I saw was saying “Brodies great, you’ll love him. He’s a good defensive defenseman”. And they were right.
Random2152 liked this.
Apr. 25, 2022 at 9:48 a.m.
Quoting: Saskleaf
Seriously, you rant and rave about how the leafs are all offence and too skilled and you go and trade teams best defensive defensive, and replace him with Ondrei Palat. Nothing again Palat but Brodie is 1000 times more important to this team.

I’ve never heard one single flames fan make that comparison. Every flames fan I saw was saying “Brodies great, you’ll love him. He’s a good defensive defenseman”. And they were right.

Brodie last season is nothing like the Brodie we are having this season, he hasn't been the greatest defensemen. I would put him back with Rielly and maybe he can play like his former self
Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 25, 2022 at 9:56 a.m.
Mason marchment is so rad and amazing and the worst miss in the world so of course he's gonna sign a contract alex kerfoot would turn down
Ritzy liked this.
Apr. 25, 2022 at 9:57 a.m.
Quoting: JaredOfLondon
Mason marchment is so rad and amazing and the worst miss in the world so of course he's gonna sign a contract alex kerfoot would turn down

I still find it funny to this day on how Dubas traded Kadri for Kerfoot and Barrie, I still get a good laugh at it (and how he traded Mason Marchment for Denis Malgin)
Apr. 25, 2022 at 10:01 a.m.
I still find it funny to this day on how Dubas traded Kadri for Kerfoot and Barrie, I still get a good laugh at it (and how he traded Mason Marchment for Denis Malgin)

I still love how you're so bad at trolling you cant even pretend to answer any legit criticism of your tired agms and just dive into random dubas insults instead
Logan_Ollivier and Random2152 liked this.
Apr. 25, 2022 at 10:27 a.m.
Kase, Lybushkin, and Liljegren are being massively underpaid, and Woll is not NHL ready
Apr. 25, 2022 at 10:39 a.m.
Save Ukrane, end war
Quoting: Random2152
Have you considered making trades where the leafs don't get completely hosed or do you try and emulate your golden boy that much and are going for realism?

what trades are they completely hosed on? I wouldn't trade away Brodie personally but the rest are pretty close value-wise I'd say.
bald_and_bankrupt and Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 25, 2022 at 10:48 a.m.
Go leafs go
Brodie last season is nothing like the Brodie we are having this season, he hasn't been the greatest defensemen. I would put him back with Rielly and maybe he can play like his former self

He’s declined a bit, but he’s still one of the best d men on this team. I think Muzzin would be better to trade since he’s taken a bigger step back and he costs more anyways.
Apr. 25, 2022 at 2:40 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: BigDaddyOvech
what trades are they completely hosed on? I wouldn't trade away Brodie personally but the rest are pretty close value-wise I'd say.

Are you out of your mind? Like genuinely. You know OP is a troll right? Your opinion lines up with someone who is trolling lmao. How is your eval that bad?
That nylander trade is awful. The Brodie deal is terrible and the kerfoot deal is coming up short (I am sticking my neck out on this one and am very loudly pointing out that kerf is going to get a bigger return than people are expecting here and y'all are going to be very mad about it).
But seriously that nylander and Brodie return in particular aren't close and nylander is worse than Hall for larsson bad. There is no disagreement to be had on that point you're just wrong if you think it's in the same universe

Holl is worth more too but it's the difference between a late 2nd/early 3rd and 5th so compared to the rest it's no biggie.
Apr. 26, 2022 at 5:24 p.m.
Save Ukrane, end war
Quoting: Random2152
Are you out of your mind? Like genuinely. You know OP is a troll right? Your opinion lines up with someone who is trolling lmao. How is your eval that bad?
That nylander trade is awful. The Brodie deal is terrible and the kerfoot deal is coming up short (I am sticking my neck out on this one and am very loudly pointing out that kerf is going to get a bigger return than people are expecting here and y'all are going to be very mad about it).
But seriously that nylander and Brodie return in particular aren't close and nylander is worse than Hall for larsson bad. There is no disagreement to be had on that point you're just wrong if you think it's in the same universe

Holl is worth more too but it's the difference between a late 2nd/early 3rd and 5th so compared to the rest it's no biggie.

I hope you realize how disrespectful your approach is. I already said I wouldn't trade Brodie so I think that trade's value is off. In terms of the leafs getting completely hosed on:
- Kerfoot is a very versatile player, kills penalties and can play up and down the lineup. Do I think the Leafs would agree to trade him for a 2nd? Not at the moment. If they had to trade him for cap relief though, I doubt he gets a first, so ya I think the value is relatively close.
- Nylander. Having a career year, showing ppg consistency but finds himself skating on the third line. He's main knock is his consistent level of compete. When he's on he's one of the most noticeable players on the ice. When he's off, he's almost invisible and gives up careless turnovers. Jeannot is one of the most promising rookies in the league this year who plays with size and grit, is under team control for another year at $800k and will be an RFA after. I think the preds laugh in Dubas face if he offers Nylander 1 for 1. In tight cap times, the Leafs would hands down win that trade if the preds ever agreed. I'm not saying Jeannot is the better player as of right now but he has very high potential and brings cheap cap hit and a physical game capable of playing top 6.
- Holl. Look, he's looked much better since coming back but he hasn't look great. For that reason I don't see how he would get too much higher than a 4th or 5th rounder. For that reason I wouldn't trade him either. Unless Dubas get's blown away with a 3rd or 2nd, they're better off keeping him.

So what do you consider fair value for those players other than Brodie? It's nice that you want to tell me I'm out of my mind and insulting my opinions but at least have enough stones to suggest what you think is fair value then. At least attempt to add some reasoning as to why you think the value is so far off. I cheer for the leafs but even I can understand that many fans overvalue players on their favorite teams.
Apr. 26, 2022 at 6:39 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Edited Apr. 26, 2022 at 7:42 p.m.
Quoting: BigDaddyOvech
I hope you realize how disrespectful your approach is. I already said I wouldn't trade Brodie so I think that trade's value is off. In terms of the leafs getting completely hosed on:
- Kerfoot is a very versatile player, kills penalties and can play up and down the lineup. Do I think the Leafs would agree to trade him for a 2nd? Not at the moment. If they had to trade him for cap relief though, I doubt he gets a first, so ya I think the value is relatively close.
- Nylander. Having a career year, showing ppg consistency but finds himself skating on the third line. He's main knock is his consistent level of compete. When he's on he's one of the most noticeable players on the ice. When he's off, he's almost invisible and gives up careless turnovers. Jeannot is one of the most promising rookies in the league this year who plays with size and grit, is under team control for another year at $800k and will be an RFA after. I think the preds laugh in Dubas face if he offers Nylander 1 for 1. In tight cap times, the Leafs would hands down win that trade if the preds ever agreed. I'm not saying Jeannot is the better player as of right now but he has very high potential and brings cheap cap hit and a physical game capable of playing top 6.
- Holl. Look, he's looked much better since coming back but he hasn't look great. For that reason I don't see how he would get too much higher than a 4th or 5th rounder. For that reason I wouldn't trade him either. Unless Dubas get's blown away with a 3rd or 2nd, they're better off keeping him.

So what do you consider fair value for those players other than Brodie? It's nice that you want to tell me I'm out of my mind and insulting my opinions but at least have enough stones to suggest what you think is fair value then. At least attempt to add some reasoning as to why you think the value is so far off. I cheer for the leafs but even I can understand that many fans overvalue players on their favorite teams.

Yes it is disrespectful. I dont have time for the same old **** of people pretending like leafs have no trade value. You weren't here during the Nylander wars but I had guys earnestly tell me how Nylander was worth Jensen and a 2nd, or Pesce, or Faulk, or whatever crap they were trying to pawn off for a star player.
You say I'm over valuing when you (and huge amounts of CF) are sitting here chronically undervaluing our players. Why do I know that CF is low and I'm not high? Because every time the leafs make a trade the site freaks out and calls it a major leafs win as it is almost always way more than they incorrectly thought it would be.

I'll highlight exactly what I think a return is for easy reading. I should note that it will get cagey as their really isn't a trade I would accept for some guys (like nylander and brodie) that actually make sense for both teams.

Let's start with Kerf as I actually think he will be traded in the off season. If any other player on another team is putting up the numbers kerf is this site is screaming about how (a) the leafs desperately need a player like that and (b) how it will cost a 1st + to acquire him. 50+ points and all around usage at only 3.5aav is extremely valuable in this league. That easily returns a late 1st (or equivalent) and the only reason I don't have it as more is because he only has 1 year of control left. As an aside there is no 'dumping for cap'. That is a cope to justify bad trades by bad GMs. You dump bad players, good players you trade for considerable value. There is literally no reason to think Dubas cannot pull off the latter given his history.

Holl might be moved. He also might not 2 mil is fine for a player like him. I expect a 3rd round pick same as Dermott (who I also not only called would get a 3rd way in advance but also said it would be Vancouver, feel free to check my agm history. The name is:TRYING TO FILL OUT THIS TEAM ON A SHOESTRING BUDGET IS HARD). Could maybe swindle a late 2nd from a GM who really wants him. He is a depth D. The hysteria around him is overblown and he is a big RHD so that will always carry value in the nhl.

Now we get into the guys who won't be traded without something cataclysmic happening.
Brodie simply makes no sense, especially for the cost cited here. He is well worth his contract and fills an extremely important role that has him being very valuable to this roster. Any other player playing like he is on any other team would be demanding a 1st + easily and even then would be hesitant. He won't be moved and it isn't worth considering it.

Nylander is a star in this league. 1st liner, 70+ points who can threaten 40 goals and is a transition wizard. One of the best net front scorers in the nhl and not nearly as bad defensively as he is reputed to be (not that he is great by any means but he isn't awful). He has demonstrated an ability to be able to take over games and shows up big time in the playoffs even when others don't. TJ is a ****ing rookie who scored a few goals and makes a few hits. In no way ever is that worth near Nylander. Imagine us trying to say Bunting was worth Forsberg? Because Bunting has been better than TJ and Forsberg and Nylander are relatively comparable in overall impact in an average year (although arrive at those valuations in very different ways).

If he is traded, which I very much doubt he is, it will be for a dragon haul. A player like TJ would be one of 3+ pieces coming back and wouldn't be even near the most valuable one. Quite frankly there really isn't a trade in the entire league that makes sense for nylander that isn't trading up, rather than down (my dream that wont happen is Nylander + for J Robertson). This eval in particular from you and OP is a stunning example of both undervaluing Nylander and overvaluing the shiny new toy. The grass isn't greener, stop it. Enjoy the elite 1st line talent that we can play on our 3rd line because our team is so good.

Edit: I just want to note that all values listed here have the implicit understanding that the value is followed up by a 'or equivalent ' statement. There is more than 1 way to get a late 1st of trade value
gretzkyghosts liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll