SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Season Discussion Thread #32 - DALLAS VS VEGAS - This is the endgame..

Apr. 27, 2022 at 12:51 a.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188

The entire league when watching that
Apr. 27, 2022 at 12:54 a.m.
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
Oh, so how are the sens in the top 10 of the draft?

You can have an elite top line and not be a good team. The Sens D outside Chabot and Zub is atrocious, and Murray is no longer an NHL calibre goalie. That line is 7th in GF/60 among lines with 300+ minutes together as a unit with 4.25, notably higher than the top lines for Dallas, Colorado, Nashville, Chicago, Pittsburgh, San Jose, and Washington (all of whom have established elite players, many of whom are having career years). They’re an elite scoring line.

Also you can quote multiple people in one post. Posting 20 times in a row is just obnoxious. Especially in a thread that’s no longer in use.
A_Habs_fan and yikes liked this.
Apr. 27, 2022 at 12:54 a.m.
Farewell
OK, let's recap this crazy, awesome night in the hockey world:

-Leafs beat the Wings 3-0, clinch 2nd in the Atlantic, Jack Campbell with the shutout. Oh, and Auston Matthews hit 60 goals.

-Bruins beat the Panthers 4-2. Panthers have already clinched the Eastern Conference, but have not clinched the President's Trophy yet (2 points up on the Avs with 2 games to go for each). Bruins remain in the 1st WC spot.

-Senators beat the Devils 5-4 in OT. This is only worth mentioning due to Drake Batherson scoring an INSANE OT winner:

-Lightning beat the Jackets 4-1 for their 4th straight win. Nikita Kucherov stays red-hot with 4 assists. Oh, but Stammer stays even hotter with 2 goals and 2 assists for 17 points in his last 5 games and 100 points on the season for the first time in his legendary career:

Lightning on track to play the Leafs in the 1st round.

-Canes hang on to beat the Rangers 4-3. Pyotr Kochetkov has now won his first 3 games in the NHL (#CamWard), and the Canes clinch the Metro. Rangers will be 2nd and play Penguins or Caps in the 1st round.

-Oilers cruise past the Pens 5-1. McDavid now has 122 points on the year, and the Oilers clinch 2nd in the Pacific, they'll play the Kings in the 1st round.

-Islanders beat the Caps 4-1. Caps remain a point back of the Pens for 3rd in the Metro.

-Flames beat the Preds 5-4. JUUSE SAROS LEFT THE GAME WITH AN INJURY TO HIS LEFT LEG, NO UPDATE FROM HYNES AFTER THE GAME. Matthew Tkachuk tied the game against Rittich at 19:59 of the 3rd, Elias Lindholm then won it in OT.

However, the Preds still clinched a playoff spot.

-Coyotes somehow beat Fleury and the Wild 5-3. Wild remain tied with the Blues for 2nd in the Central, but have a game in hand.

-Avs hold on to beat the Blues 5-3. Binnington, not Husso, started for St. Louis. Avs are 2 points back of the Panthers for the President's Trophy with 2 games left for each. Blues remain tied with the Wild for 2nd in the Central, but the Wild have a game in hand, as said above.

-Canucks beat the Kraken 5-2, but were finally officially eliminated, because...

-Dallas Stars and Jake Oettinger (with Jason Robertson) beat Vegas 3-2 in a shootout, Miro Heiskanen with the winner. This allows LA to clinch 3rd in the Pacific and Vegas to clinch 1 of the 2 WC's. Dallas has not officially clinched yet but:

Saskleaf, DucharmetheDOMinator, EsoYeezus69 and 2 others liked this.
Apr. 27, 2022 at 12:58 a.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: Alfie11
You can have an elite top line and not be a good team. The Sens D outside Chabot and Zub is atrocious, and Murray is no longer an NHL calibre goalie. That line is 7th in GF/60 among lines with 300+ minutes together as a unit with 4.25, notably higher than the top lines for Dallas, Colorado, Nashville, Chicago, Pittsburgh, San Jose, and Washington (all of whom have established elite players, many of whom are having career years). They’re an elite scoring line.

Also you can quote multiple people in one post. Posting 20 times in a row is just obnoxious. Especially in a thread that’s no longer in use.

It's hard for me to go back and forth, and even copy paste to this thread.
Also, don't tell me you seriously think that Ottawas top 2 lines are top 10 in the nhl?
Apr. 27, 2022 at 1:05 a.m.
v5 Minnesota GM

How has this tweet not gone viral yet
Saskleaf and Remus liked this.
Apr. 27, 2022 at 1:35 a.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Quoting: Juiceman
6dzssk.jpg

I feel like he definitely is on this website
Apr. 27, 2022 at 1:39 a.m.
It's hard for me to go back and forth, and even copy paste to this thread.
Also, don't tell me you seriously think that Ottawas top 2 lines are top 10 in the nhl?

Copy/paste is quite possibly the easiest thing to do lol, it's literally the keyboard shortcut everyone knows, or 3 clicks to select all and copy on mobile. And I think there's a solid argument for Ottawa's top line being top 10 in the league. Not super high but 9th or 10th right now, and they all have room to improve. The 2nd line isn't there because of the wingers, but Stutzle is showing he's going to be an elite centre (33 points in his last 31 games and he doesn't play with our 3 other best forwards most of the time), and it could get there too if Formenton works on his finishing or we bring in 1 or 2 of Fiala/Giroux/Boeser/Burakovsky/Konecny/Garland/a high end pick over the next year or two.

Because you have 9 followers, it's midnight, and the NHL isn't as relevant as you'd like it to be.
Juiceman, A_Habs_fan, zk97 and 7 others liked this.
Apr. 27, 2022 at 1:45 a.m.
Ex Nucks fan

Ratio +Twitter cringe
A_Habs_fan, capsfan2121, Saskleaf and 5 others liked this.
Apr. 27, 2022 at 6:37 a.m.
Jesus Christ, I’m having to catch up on like 20 thread pages, the Dallas-Vegas can’t have had that much stuff happen. RIP Nashville if Saros is out for long and also WOOHOO ARIZONA WON, TANK SZN
EsoYeezus69, zk97, KSIxSKULLS and 2 others liked this.
Apr. 27, 2022 at 6:54 a.m.
Tintin over 1122
Great prediction for making this thread
Apr. 27, 2022 at 7:10 a.m.
Speak of the Devil
I missed alot yesterday LOL

But from what I can tell, Blake Comeau carried the Stars to a win over the poverty Vegas Golden Knights
NoVaSpartan, A_Habs_fan, EsoYeezus69 and 4 others liked this.
Apr. 27, 2022 at 7:59 a.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Do people really think Letang gets 7.5 for 4 years coming off his age 35 season?

Seems like a massive mistake
yikes liked this.
Apr. 27, 2022 at 8:15 a.m.
v5 CBJ GM
DID THE STARS WIN
I DONT WANNA GOOGLE IT
Apr. 27, 2022 at 8:22 a.m.
Tintin over 1122

zk97, NoVaSpartan and Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 27, 2022 at 8:28 a.m.
v5 CBJ GM
NoVaSpartan liked this.
Apr. 27, 2022 at 8:35 a.m.
As a fan of a team who's royally sucked for my entire lifetime, it's awesome to have something truly amazing to cheer for. I get its annoying to have every broadcaster talk about Matthews and 60g, but this is the first thing since 2004 that we can really, really cheer about.

I live about 45 mins east of Toronto, and the atmosphere even out here is electric. Anyone who pays attention to sports in the slightest knows whats going on. Hes got millions of people behind him.

Hes finally giving a weary fanbase something to smile about.
zk97, capsfan2121, yikes and 1 other person liked this.
Apr. 27, 2022 at 8:49 a.m.
cautious optimism
Bobcat’s Post Game Notes, Game 80

Jackets lose, 4-1 against the Tampa Bay Lightning.

-I DIDN’T EVEN GET TO GET COMFORTABLE IN MY BED BEFORE WE GAVE UP A GOAL. Who thought it was a good idea to leave Nikita Kucherov that wide-*ss open? Bench that man.

-And then we scored! Who thought it was a good idea to leave Oliver Bjorkstrand that wide-*ss open? Give him a raise.

-Zach Werenski came back, and ALMOST F*CKING IMMEDIATELY, HE F*CKING GETS INJURED AGAIN. I wanna kill something.

-We find ourselves on the penalty kill, and Steven Stamkos scores on a smooth one-timer. Not as smooth as Laine’s but still smooth.

-Stamkos then scores again. UGH.

-Zach Bogosian got bopped with a tripping call for clipping Bemmer’s skate in the first. Someone on the Blue Jackets (i couldn't tell because he was moving too fast) does that in the third, and no call. That’s odd.

-Ondrej Palat scored, and then I shut the game off. Remember what I said about momentum last game? I forgot that when you’re playing a team like the Lightning, momentum means nothing. GG.
NoVaSpartan and zk97 liked this.
Apr. 27, 2022 at 8:53 a.m.
cautious optimism
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
Eso’s postgame notes:

Unlike Bobcat205 I’m keeping this short.

Otter=Wall
Heiskanen and Robo=🐐
Hintz and Pavs=Fantastic
Rest of the team=meh
Faksa’s line=🗑🚮
Thompson=2nd tier Wall
Eichel=👻 when it comes to making the playoffs
Roy=Bender, looking like David Roy (inside joke). His ankles are more bent than a dead grandpas back.
🦓=💰
Theodore and Stephenson=good
Rest of Vegas’s team=🤡😂🖕
My stress levels this game=📈📈📈📈

That’s all I have to say.

why you callin me out frown
NoVaSpartan, BuFfaLOFaN, yikes and 4 others liked this.
Apr. 27, 2022 at 8:54 a.m.
Quoting: Bobcat205
Bobcat’s Post Game Notes, Game 80

Jackets lose, 4-1 against the Tampa Bay Lightning.

-I DIDN’T EVEN GET TO GET COMFORTABLE IN MY BED BEFORE WE GAVE UP A GOAL. Who thought it was a good idea to leave Nikita Kucherov that wide-*ss open? Bench that man.

-And then we scored! Who thought it was a good idea to leave Oliver Bjorkstrand that wide-*ss open? Give him a raise.

-Zach Werenski came back, and ALMOST F*CKING IMMEDIATELY, HE F*CKING GETS INJURED AGAIN. I wanna kill something.

-We find ourselves on the penalty kill, and Steven Stamkos scores on a smooth one-timer. Not as smooth as Laine’s but still smooth.

-Stamkos then scores again. UGH.

-Zach Bogosian got bopped with a tripping call for clipping Bemmer’s skate in the first. Someone on the Blue Jackets (i couldn't tell because he was moving too fast) does that in the third, and no call. That’s odd.

-Ondrej Palat scored, and then I shut the game off. Remember what I said about momentum last game? I forgot that when you’re playing a team like the Lightning, momentum means nothing. GG.

The stephen a smith pfp is backkk
Bobcat205, zk97, A_Habs_fan and 1 other person liked this.
Apr. 27, 2022 at 9:19 a.m.
Eichel has been bad offensively compared to what he was in Buffalo, but his defensive game has majorly improved. I don't love giving him praise but I think this is something that should be noted.
Apr. 27, 2022 at 9:21 a.m.
@csick I got u
csick liked this.
Apr. 27, 2022 at 9:22 a.m.
KFTW
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
csick I got u

Thanks smile
Apr. 27, 2022 at 9:50 a.m.
cautious optimism
Edited Apr. 27, 2022 at 9:57 a.m.. Reason: trades plural
i came up with an idea for an acgm challenge(if that's the right word)

take a peruse through the GM Game trade thread for the best trades your team's GM made, and put that into an acgm.

shouting out your gm is entirely optional, but i will. Mine is completely finished, but i just wanted to make sure if it's okay with the GM of my team.

@A_habs_fan if it's okay with you, can i publish this?
csick, BuFfaLOFaN, capsfan2121 and 3 others liked this.
Apr. 27, 2022 at 9:59 a.m.
Quoting: Bobcat205
i came up with an idea for an acgm challenge(if that's the right word)

take a peruse through the GM Game trade thread for the best trades your team's GM made, and put that into an acgm.

shouting out your gm is entirely optional, but i will. Mine is completely finished, but i just wanted to make sure if it's okay with the GM of my team.

A_habs_fan if it's okay with you, can i publish this?

This trade was made by the Buffalo GM in a old version of the game
BUF
Barkov, Aleksander
Ekblad, Aaron
2018 3rd round pick (FLA)
FLA
Johnson, Chad
Vanek, Thomas
Eichel, Jack
Gorges, Josh

As well as Reinhart for Larkin.
BUF
Josi, Roman
Rinne, Pekka ($3,500,000 retained)
NSH
Lehner, Robin
Pu, Cliff
Moulson, Matt
2018 1st round pick (BUF)
Additional Details:
C- Casey Middlestadt
C- Rasmus Asplund
D- Casey Fitzgerald

and then...

David Quenville for Josi.
Apr. 27, 2022 at 10:00 a.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Edited Apr. 27, 2022 at 10:15 a.m.
So, bit if a rant cause I’m still frustrated from last night.

Caps fans do not understand goaltending.

They simply don’t.

We have plenty of fans complaining about goaltending yet don’t understand at all how it works. We are some of the most spoiled fans when it comes to goalies, and it’s now showing in the majority of fans who blame every issue on goaltending. Some parts I get, like last night when people only blame Samsonov, as you needed to be in the arena to realize Orlov failed to properly communicate to Samsonov that he hand Cizikas were driving harder than expected.

However, many other points frustrate me. For example, this whole red herring of an argument about “he drops his stick too much”. This one really irks me because I can’t think of a time when the reason they score was because either goalie unnecessarily drops his stick. However (this especially goes for Samsonov), they freak and b***h about how a goalie dropped the stick even though the other option would have been giving up a goal.

I think what completely sums up the stupidity of some fans f**king blaming Samsonov for the loss last night. Not the awful D. Not the fact half the team forgot how to skate. Not the fact that almost every impact forward was invisible. They think Samsonov should see through every screen possible (“it’s our defenseman, he should see through him when he’s planted right in the line of sight”), that he should never play the puck, that him trying to get across quicker to make a save is stupid because “look guys he’s backward”, that he should never make an all out attempt to make a save and instead let a goal in because at least he didn’t drop his stick, that he should be a .930 sv% goalie or we should go get some old goalie that will be worse. And Vanecek is the same damn thing. I’ve had it with this stupidity, and it’s only going to continue as when the Capitals inevitably decline. This new wave of Caps fans has been incredibly spoiled, but few actually realize not every player can be Jesus and instead are incredibly Bipolar in bouncing between a player being good and bad every single game.

Edit: I’ll eventually put this in the caps forum where it belongs when I can make it a little less “man shouts at clouds”, even though it’s exactly how I feel.
Bobcat205, MitchMarner_16, zk97 and 1 other person liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll