Forums/Armchair-GM

Whats scheifeles value

Created by: Howie
Team: 2022-23 Winnipeg Jets
Initial Creation Date: Apr. 28, 2022
Published: Apr. 28, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Jets don't really need scheifele as of rn as the team seems to find success without him which begs the question what his value is and what team provides the best offer for him? Other teams agm let me know what the return for him is as there is strong positives and negatives that affect his value (ppg for many years and good contract vs defensive black hole and potential locker room issues) so idk where he's at
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
8$7,750,000
2$1,250,000
2$800,000
2$800,000
2$925,000
2$800,000
2$800,000
2$800,000
1$925,000
2$900,000
2$800,000
2$2,000,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$900,000
1$2,500,000
1$2,000,000
Trades
WPG
  1. 2022 1st round pick (NYR)
Additional Details:
Copp trade conditions keeping 2022 second
NYR
  1. 2022 2nd round pick (NYR)
WPG
  1. Heimosalmi, Aleksi
  2. Mattheos, Stelio [RFA Rights]
  3. Necas, Martin [RFA Rights]
  4. Suzuki, Ryan
  5. 2023 1st round pick (CAR)
  6. 2023 2nd round pick (CAR)
Additional Details:
Jets get a young right shot center or wing that can fit with the core who is underperformed this year a young rhd that has struggled in lilga but has the tools and a late 25-32 first with a second picks can be conditional and Suzuki who has struggled but is a previous 1st and mattheos who is a local boy that could use a change of scenery deal could simplify tho
CAR
  1. Eyssimont, Michael
  2. Scheifele, Mark
  3. Vesalainen, Kristian
Additional Details:
Get a replacement for the 2c that helps them rn with a good contract to keep others in and team competitive giving up a guy they play 4th line a second round pick and future picks doesn't seem bad without giving up the untouchables in Jarvis and morrow which would be the first choices also gets a former 1st to replace the lose in bottom six and a swap of eyssimont for mattheos
WPG
  1. Monahan, Sean
  2. 2023 1st round pick (CGY)
Additional Details:
Top 10 protected pick and shed the full cap of Monahan to give even more cap for the big players
CGY
  1. Harkins, Jansen
  2. Stanley, Logan
  3. 2023 5th round pick (NYR)
Additional Details:
Get 2 young players to open cap for the big guys and provide an edge at a cheap cap stanley providing the role of zadorov and Harkins of a bottom six forward that they lose could be another asset or a variety of picks not being the first
WPG
  1. 2023 4th round pick (DET)
  2. 2023 6th round pick (DET)
Additional Details:
Jets get a 4th instead of 3rd to spread out the draft picks and get back an extra pick for not taking the 3rd which is common could be 2023 or 2024 5-7 round pick depending on how they value the pick which being Yzerman its probably the 2024 6th in my eyes
DET
  1. Schmidt, Nate
Additional Details:
Helps Detroit with lhd with a dman that is cheap in cost a great personality and someone that helps with the depth to take forward steps
WPG
  1. 2023 2nd round pick (NYI)
  2. 2024 2nd round pick (NYI)
Additional Details:
Gets picks back picks up in the air of return could be lower but this is just optimistic with the values present at the 2022 deadline
NYI
  1. Dillon, Brenden
Additional Details:
Gets a lhd that helps out the left side and back into a competitive for top in metro
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the STL
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the DET
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the DET
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$82,500,000$75,582,024$0$2,277,500$6,917,976

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$7,142,857$7,142,857
LW
UFA - 4
$7,750,000$7,750,000
C
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$6,375,000$6,375,000
C, LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RW
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LW, C
RFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
UFA
$6,166,667$6,166,667
G
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
LD
RFA - 1
$5,875,000$5,875,000
RD
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LD
RFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
G
UFA - 2
$815,000$815,000 (Performance Bonus$15,000$15K)
LD/RD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 28, 2022 at 4:35 p.m.
I don't think ~8 games against some of the worst performing teams of the year in dead rubber games shows that the Jets don't need Scheifele. He has this flaws for sure but he's still a 1C with elite offensive instincts. 6 straight 30 goal seasons at $6 million will be extremely hard to replace. I think the Jets would really really regret trading him especially as they try to retool and get back to being a playoff team.

Chevy spent 3 years trying to get a bonafide 1a/1b centre punch and now that he has it I don't think trading it away makes any sense. Let's see how Scheifele does with a new coach and new systems. Giving up on Scheifele this season smells of all the Jets fans who gave up on Dubois last summer (some of whom i know see arguing he is the team's 1C and should be the captain lol)
Windjammer, Mr_Canoehead, MisstheWhalers and 3 others liked this.
Apr. 28, 2022 at 4:40 p.m.
Quoting: toque
I don't think ~8 games against some of the worst performing teams of the year in dead rubber games shows that the Jets don't need Scheifele. He has this flaws for sure but he's still a 1C with elite offensive instincts. 6 straight 30 goal seasons at $6 million will be extremely hard to replace. I think the Jets would really really regret trading him especially as they try to retool and get back to being a playoff team.

Chevy spent 3 years trying to get a bonafide 1a/1b centre punch and now that he has it I don't think trading it away makes any sense. Let's see how Scheifele does with a new coach and new systems. Giving up on Scheifele this season smells of all the Jets fans who gave up on Dubois last summer (some of whom i know see arguing he is the team's 1C and should be the captain lol)

Well said. It's not very often that you see a post with logical reasoning and common sense expressed in them on this site.
Mr_Canoehead and evelutions2 liked this.
Apr. 28, 2022 at 4:41 p.m.
Quoting: toque

And before anyone gets too excited if they beat Calgary on Friday, I suspect the Flames will give their 3rd and 4th line expanded minutes and rest their big guns either by reduced ice time or a day off entirely.
Apr. 28, 2022 at 4:54 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
How do they not need Scheifele, cause they beat Avs and Flyers teams missing many key players to injuries? Come on, a team who struggles to score cant assume they're better without a point per game player whether they have defensive challenges or not just cause they beat some teams that were missing a bunch of regulars.
Mr_Canoehead and Windjammer liked this.
Apr. 28, 2022 at 4:54 p.m.
KFTW
The issue with Scheifele is his age and next contract
tsyls liked this.
Apr. 28, 2022 at 4:56 p.m.
Quoting: csick

Exactly I'd love to keep him but I'm worried that he wants a a lot and we either lose him for nothing or pay him and potentially lose another big time player
njlaforte, MisstheWhalers and tsyls liked this.
Apr. 28, 2022 at 5:18 p.m.
Quoting: Howie
Exactly I'd love to keep him but I'm worried that he wants a a lot and we either lose him for nothing or pay him and potentially lose another big time player

Or, and this may be crazy, but maybe just maybe, the Jets keep him for two years and trade him at the TDL depending on where they are then.

You can't go ahead and trade good players two years before you need to just on the off chance that they might be expensive to re-sign or may walk for nothing. You'll never build a team worth anything then.
Apr. 28, 2022 at 5:20 p.m.
Quoting: Windjammer
Or, and this may be crazy, but maybe just maybe, the Jets keep him for two years and trade him at the TDL depending on where they are then.

You can't go ahead and trade good players two years before you need to just on the off chance that they might be expensive to re-sign or may walk for nothing. You'll never build a team worth anything then.

You can get a better return as it's not a pure rental just worried his value is lower next year even more than it is now and demands a trade
MisstheWhalers liked this.
Apr. 28, 2022 at 5:24 p.m.
You can get a better return as it's not a pure rental just worried his value is lower next year even more than it is now and demands a trade

Sure, but this way the Jets get to keep a PPG center for two years and a would still get a nice return at the TDL if need be.

You can't constantly trade players because their value is higher now than it will be in two years as you'll never build a contender. It's just the way it is in a cap world.
Apr. 28, 2022 at 5:36 p.m.
NYI
I dont see why WPG would do it, but Isles accept
Apr. 28, 2022 at 5:37 p.m.
Quoting: Cjhenn19
I dont see why WPG would do it, but Isles accept

Rookies aren't waiver exempt so they probably get claimed meaning we have 8 dmen for 6 spots
Apr. 28, 2022 at 5:42 p.m.
Sure, but this way the Jets get to keep a PPG center for two years and a would still get a nice return at the TDL if need be.

You can't constantly trade players because their value is higher now than it will be in two years as you'll never build a contender. It's just the way it is in a cap world.

Then why is scheifele surrounded in rumors? If there's a issue now change coach and if he doesn't click next year trade him next year right then no second year next year is the make or break for him if he can actually play defense and be a good locker room presence as if these don't change he's valuable and worth to trade as it wouldn't make sense to give him 9 mil + for what impact he has on the game as a whole player that cap would be useful in Connor and ehlers raises and idk when helle expires in 2 years after this season is over just doesn't make sense to keep him with the red flags that are present and contract and age situation if he's back next year obviously keep him but I'd give that a 25% chance of happening
Apr. 28, 2022 at 5:48 p.m.
PlusMinus is stupid
Quoting: csick

Don't forget his character
csick, Howie and tsyls liked this.
Apr. 28, 2022 at 5:52 p.m.
Quoting: DeadWingsv2
Don't forget his character

Exactly which is why I feel like giving him half the season next year with a proper coach to see if he improves that character and defense and if he doesn't then trade him because there's no point holding him when he has the value he does and paying him could cause problems later down the road but Windjammer either wants a teams complete roster for him or keep him and pay him 10 mil plus
Apr. 28, 2022 at 5:53 p.m.
Then why is scheifele surrounded in rumors? If there's a issue now change coach and if he doesn't click next year trade him next year right then no second year next year is the make or break for him if he can actually play defense and be a good locker room presence as if these don't change he's valuable and worth to trade as it wouldn't make sense to give him 9 mil + for what impact he has on the game as a whole player that cap would be useful in Connor and ehlers raises and idk when helle expires in 2 years after this season is over just doesn't make sense to keep him with the red flags that are present and contract and age situation if he's back next year obviously keep him but I'd give that a 25% chance of happening

Right they're just rumours. We don't know what's going on, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt instead of listening to the rumours from the vocal minority on social media.
Apr. 28, 2022 at 7:00 p.m.
Lets Get Kraken
Canes would reject that Sheifele trade. First of all, the likelihood of Necas being traded is incredibly low, and pretty much nonexistent. Next up, having Sheifele in Rod’s system will just set him up to fail. You look at the Centers on the Canes, they are all defensively responsible. Even KK and Domi have improved their defensive game this year under Rod. So Sheifele being a defensive black hole will just lead to so many more problems. You said Heimosalmi was struggling in Liiga. You don’t seem to understand that he is by no means an offensive defenseman. He is pure defense, and will very likely be the eventual Pesce replacement, so there is no need to move him either. Suzuki definitely could benefit from a change in scenery, with a team that would give him a better chance at making the NHL than the Canes. Suzuki has fallen down on the Canes Center prospect depth charts, and I don’t see him making the NHL, at least with the Canes, anytime soon. Matteos has been playing really well with the Wolves, and him being a RHC, one of the only RHC prospects the Canes have, he likely doesn’t get traded. Then there are the 2 picks.

Looking at what the Jets are giving up, you have the main piece in Sheifele, who is a 1C who is elite offensively, but a defensive black hole. Vesalainen desperately needs a change of scenery and is coming very close to being a bust. Eysimmont is a pointless addition as he probably tops out at the AHL.

The only reason Necas is playing on the 4th line right now is because of depth and him having a down year offensively. Jarvis has earned his spot on the top line, Turbo plays in the top 6, Fast won’t be broken up from that 3rd line the Canes have. The Canes have 3 top 6 RW, but only 2 spots in the top 6 for RW. Turbo can play LW, but I still think the Canes look to free agency or offer sheet to get their top 6 scoring LW.

There isn’t a good reason for the Canes to make this trade or any trade for Sheifele. Sheifele would be very likely to fail in the Canes system, and at that point Sheifele would just be Alexander Semin 2.0 or Jeff Skinner 2.0. It’s something that just won’t end up working out. And while there is a small chance something like this could work out, it’s too small to really think about taking the risk. Especially, if the Canes really want him, they would only have to give up cap space in 2 years, since it is very likely he is on his way out of Winnipeg. The only way I ever see Sheifele in a Canes jersey would be through UFA, because the Canes won’t give up the pieces that the Jets will want, and the Jets won’t settle for a less than stellar return.
Apr. 28, 2022 at 7:49 p.m.
Right they're just rumours. We don't know what's going on, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt instead of listening to the rumours from the vocal minority on social media.

I miss the good old days when the big crazy (and silly) rumour was of PLD's frequent trips to Home Depot to help the family's rumoured side gig as contractors 🤣. Those were the days...
Windjammer and tsyls liked this.
Apr. 28, 2022 at 9:24 p.m.
Now that Johnny Gaudreau has scored his 40th the Flames can rest him on Friday vs the Jets.
Apr. 28, 2022 at 11:56 p.m.
Moosetache
Quoting: evelutions2
Canes would reject that Sheifele trade. First of all, the likelihood of Necas being traded is incredibly low, and pretty much nonexistent. Next up, having Sheifele in Rod’s system will just set him up to fail. You look at the Centers on the Canes, they are all defensively responsible. Even KK and Domi have improved their defensive game this year under Rod. So Sheifele being a defensive black hole will just lead to so many more problems. You said Heimosalmi was struggling in Liiga. You don’t seem to understand that he is by no means an offensive defenseman. He is pure defense, and will very likely be the eventual Pesce replacement, so there is no need to move him either. Suzuki definitely could benefit from a change in scenery, with a team that would give him a better chance at making the NHL than the Canes. Suzuki has fallen down on the Canes Center prospect depth charts, and I don’t see him making the NHL, at least with the Canes, anytime soon. Matteos has been playing really well with the Wolves, and him being a RHC, one of the only RHC prospects the Canes have, he likely doesn’t get traded. Then there are the 2 picks.

Looking at what the Jets are giving up, you have the main piece in Sheifele, who is a 1C who is elite offensively, but a defensive black hole. Vesalainen desperately needs a change of scenery and is coming very close to being a bust. Eysimmont is a pointless addition as he probably tops out at the AHL.

The only reason Necas is playing on the 4th line right now is because of depth and him having a down year offensively. Jarvis has earned his spot on the top line, Turbo plays in the top 6, Fast won’t be broken up from that 3rd line the Canes have. The Canes have 3 top 6 RW, but only 2 spots in the top 6 for RW. Turbo can play LW, but I still think the Canes look to free agency or offer sheet to get their top 6 scoring LW.

There isn’t a good reason for the Canes to make this trade or any trade for Sheifele. Sheifele would be very likely to fail in the Canes system, and at that point Sheifele would just be Alexander Semin 2.0 or Jeff Skinner 2.0. It’s something that just won’t end up working out. And while there is a small chance something like this could work out, it’s too small to really think about taking the risk. Especially, if the Canes really want him, they would only have to give up cap space in 2 years, since it is very likely he is on his way out of Winnipeg. The only way I ever see Sheifele in a Canes jersey would be through UFA, because the Canes won’t give up the pieces that the Jets will want, and the Jets won’t settle for a less than stellar return.

First off I think the chances of Necas being traded is incredible HIGH, not LOW. I do think there is a basis available for the canes of a Necas/Shieffele trade. It won't include Jarvis or Morrow, but there are some other avenues there I believe that will make that a possibility. This is all under the umbrella of Shieffele having his days ending in Winnipeg as I have seen reported in a few locations. If it were me I'd be hanging on to him.
Howie liked this.
Apr. 28, 2022 at 11:57 p.m.
Quoting: Moosetache
First off I think the chances of Necas being traded is incredible HIGH, not LOW. I do think there is a basis available for the canes of a Necas/Shieffele trade. It won't include Jarvis or Morrow, but there are some other avenues there I believe that will make that a possibility. This is all under the umbrella of Shieffele having his days ending in Winnipeg as I have seen reported in a few locations. If it were me I'd be hanging on to him.

Thanks for that I didn't know about necas so it's on the fence on him traded or not which is good to know
Apr. 29, 2022 at 1:16 a.m.
Red Wing Nut
Wings prefer Logan Stanley as LD...sorry
Apr. 29, 2022 at 1:26 a.m.
Quoting: Mike
Wings prefer Logan Stanley as LD...sorry

Yeah thats fine gonna cost more tho considering his age and upside he can emerge to
Apr. 29, 2022 at 1:42 a.m.
Red Wing Nut
Yeah thats fine gonna cost more tho considering his age and upside he can emerge to

Maybe maybe not
. looks like jets may get blown up.. Depends their direction..& yzerman doesn't get outdone.in deals sorry
Apr. 29, 2022 at 6:42 a.m.
Lets Get Kraken
Quoting: Moosetache

Going in to next season, the likelihood of trading Necas is very low. He has had a down year offensively but a better year defensively. His value is at an all time low, so why would the Canes want to sell Necas when his value is so low? It’s just business tactics 101, sell high at a players peak, and never sell low at a players valley. If Necas gets traded, the soonest that could realistically happen would be after the 2022-23 season, since his value is at its lowest right now.

Plus, the likelihood drops even further considering how much management and the fans love Necas, and that’s not even taking into account how much the team loves him. You simply don’t trade guys like that.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll