LD/RD
NMC
UFA - 2
Logo of the NYI
Mayfield, Scott
$725,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Logo of the MIN
Addison, Calen
$795,000
RD
RFA - 1
Logo of the MIN
Dewar, Connor
$800,000
LW
RFA - 2
Logo of the MIN
Merrill, Jon
$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 29 at 11:06 a.m.
we miss leo k
isles would make that trade every day of the week - BUT - as much as I always say "never say never" when it comes to winning, I think it would be an extremely cold day in hell before Bill Guerin picked up the phone to bring Zach Parise back to the Wild
Lightman13 and bagelbob liked this.
Apr. 29 at 11:10 a.m.
Your favorite Ranger
Quoting: dannibalcorpse
isles would make that trade every day of the week - BUT - as much as I always say "never say never" when it comes to winning, I think it would be an extremely cold day in hell before Bill Guerin picked up the phone to bring Zach Parise back to the Wild

Parise has played well in second half and could help pick up what is lost by losing Fiala. Greenway is overpaid.
Apr. 29 at 11:14 a.m.
we miss leo k
Quoting: AFox23
Parise has played well in second half and could help pick up what is lost by losing Fiala. Greenway is overpaid.

I'd say it's not a horrible overpay at $3M, and I think his game would play well on the Island.

I guess I'll rephrase what I'm saying - I don't think Lou re-signs Parise just to ship him back to Minnesota a year after they bought him out. There were a lot of stories being leaked after that slamming Parise as a locker room cancer and a diva and all the usual things you'd expect for an unhappy divorce like that. I think the wounds are still fresh enough that neither the team nor the player would put any thought to a reunion.
Apr. 29 at 11:21 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Like the Sens trade for both teams. Like the the thought of the Isles, trade but don't think Parise is the guy to be returned Minni. How about "Brian" Bellows.?
Apr. 29 at 11:21 a.m.
Patient gm
That islanders trade is appalling and honesty pretty laughable from the wild side. That would be a horrible allocation of resources.
RazWild liked this.
Apr. 29 at 11:30 a.m.
Quoting: AFox23

1) Parise is never wearing a Wild jersey again. Period. That was as much of a mutual break up on both sides as Byfuglien and Winnipeg were.

It's not happening.

2) Greenway isn’t overpaid, he's easily earned and played up to his new contract all season long. It's an idiotic take to think otherwise. Points aren't everything, and his physical presence and consistency all season long should demand more recognition and respect. Furthermore, he's 1/3 of the best shutdown line in hockey with Eriksson-Ek and Foligno. Who have only allowed 5 goals at 5v5 all season long.

Tell me again how he's overpaid....

I'll wait.
Lightman13, Morzski and MNBassman liked this.
Apr. 29 at 12:29 p.m.
Quoting: RazWild
1) Parise is never wearing a Wild jersey again. Period. That was as much of a mutual break up on both sides as Byfuglien and Winnipeg were.

It's not happening.

2) Greenway isn’t overpaid, he's easily earned and played up to his new contract all season long. It's an idiotic take to think otherwise. Points aren't everything, and his physical presence and consistency all season long should demand more recognition and respect. Furthermore, he's 1/3 of the best shutdown line in hockey with Eriksson-Ek and Foligno. Who have only allowed 5 goals at 5v5 all season long.

Tell me again how he's overpaid....

I'll wait.

greenway might not be overpaid, but i dont think the wild can really afford him. he is the weakest link in that line in my opinion ( im not saying he is bad at all)
Apr. 29 at 1:00 p.m.
Edited Apr. 29 at 1:07 p.m.
Quoting: drambui
greenway might not be overpaid, but i dont think the wild can really afford him. he is the weakest link in that line in my opinion ( im not saying he is bad at all)

But the line does NOT function properly without him, either.

Think on that, that line relies on all three of those players to be present or it isn't as effective. If any one of Greenway, Eriksson-Ek, or Foligno gets taken off that line or is missing it goes to hell. Greenway may be the weakest link on that line, but he's still a necessary cog to make it functional. It doesn't work without him, unless that line has all three to make it functional.

He's not as replaceable on that line as you might think he is. Both the numbers and the eye test bear that out.
drambui liked this.
Apr. 29 at 1:09 p.m.

Think on that, that line relies on on all three of those players to be present or it isn't as effective. If any one of Greenway, Eriksson-Ek, or Foligno gets taken off that line or is missing it goes to hell. Greenway may be the weakest link on that line, but he's still a necessary cog to make it functional. It doesn't work without him, unless that line has all three to make it functional.

He's not as replaceable on that line as you might think he is. Both the numbers and the eye test bear that out.

i mean sure i get your points, and i get the role that line has too, but imm convinced a player like connor brown would make this line even more of a threat. anyway, its all if's ! it reminds me a lot of the danault tatar and galllagher line we have back then. it was easy to see who is the most important pieces and who is more replaceble player, even though they worked so well together.
Apr. 29 at 1:18 p.m.
While i do like Fiala, the fact of what $$$ he is goign to ask for this offseason makes it hard for the sEns long term. also, I don't see the sens in any way moving their 1st.
Apr. 29 at 1:24 p.m.
we miss leo k

Think on that, that line relies on all three of those players to be present or it isn't as effective. If any one of Greenway, Eriksson-Ek, or Foligno gets taken off that line or is missing it goes to hell. Greenway may be the weakest link on that line, but he's still a necessary cog to make it functional. It doesn't work without him, unless that line has all three to make it functional.

I think he's the most replaceable player on that like, though - I get the point of wanting to keep that line together but I think at some point those buyout penalties are going to force Guerin to make some really, really tough choices. As of right now, they've got $8.18M in cap space next year and need to sign 3ish more forwards, a 7th D, and a backup goalie for next season. If they want to keep Fiala, they -NEED- to move guys. I'm sure he looks at Matt Dumba or Dmitry Kulikov before he gets to Greenway, but I'm sure teams come asking about Jordan this summer.
drambui liked this.
Apr. 29 at 1:30 p.m.
i mean sure i get your points, and i get the role that line has too, but imm convinced a player like connor brown would make this line even more of a threat. anyway, its all if's ! it reminds me a lot of the danault tatar and galllagher line we have back then. it was easy to see who is the most important pieces and who is more replaceble player, even though they worked so well together.

MN has tried multiple players with Foligno/JEE and none have come close to what Greenway does for that line. The line is a shutdown line because it just kills other teams by hemming their top lines in their d-zone with grinding possession play along the boards.

The GREEF line is an elite shutdown 2nd line, take away one part of it and it's just an decent/good 3rd line. Well worth the $3m Greenway is getting paid for that.
RazWild and drambui liked this.
Apr. 29 at 2:12 p.m.
Quoting: wabit
MN has tried multiple players with Foligno/JEE and none have come close to what Greenway does for that line. The line is a shutdown line because it just kills other teams by hemming their top lines in their d-zone with grinding possession play along the boards.

The GREEF line is an elite shutdown 2nd line, take away one part of it and it's just an decent/good 3rd line. Well worth the $3m Greenway is getting paid for that.

well choices will have to be made and thats what matters the most. in a perfect world he would be able to stay. to me if it comes down to trading greenway to keep fiala, i would no hesitate. its easier to find a replacement for greenway than it is for fiala. and of course losing any would hurt, but to me its just about looking what void is easier to fill. my point is not that greenway is not usefull at all and thats how it might have come across, love the player.
dannibalcorpse liked this.
Apr. 29 at 2:30 p.m.
well choices will have to be made and thats what matters the most. in a perfect world he would be able to stay. to me if it comes down to trading greenway to keep fiala, i would no hesitate. its easier to find a replacement for greenway than it is for fiala. and of course losing any would hurt, but to me its just about looking what void is easier to fill. my point is not that greenway is not usefull at all and thats how it might have come across, love the player.

I'd dump Fiala and his $8m+ yr deal before Greenway without a 2nd thought and have a competitive team though the buyout years. The cap just isn't there to keep Fiala and have a full team.
Apr. 29 at 2:34 p.m.
Quoting: wabit
I'd dump Fiala and his $8m+ yr deal before Greenway without a 2nd thought and have a competitive team though the buyout years. The cap just isn't there to keep Fiala and have a full team.

you might be right. i have just never seen the wild with such firepower and its sad to think they might lose it.
Apr. 29 at 2:40 p.m.
you might be right. i have just never seen the wild with such firepower and its sad to think they might lose it.

The Suter buyout is going to kill them. It's costing MN more cap to replace him and with far lesser players. A couple other random moves like $2m for Jost when he can be replaced with an ELC or vet for half that add up too.
drambui liked this.
Apr. 29 at 11:08 p.m.
I feel like the Sens would have to say yes to that. The amount that Fiala is going to cost after one really strong season is a bit worrying but I'd sure as hell say yes to that one.
Apr. 29 at 11:13 p.m.
Kick ****ing rocks with that Isles trade. So bad.
Apr. 29 at 11:13 p.m.
Quoting: emoprettyboy
I feel like the Sens would have to say yes to that. The amount that Fiala is going to cost after one really strong season is a bit worrying but I'd sure as hell say yes to that one.

He has played like this for three years now, not one.
Apr. 30 at 11:28 p.m.
Quoting: Caerii
He has played like this for three years now, not one.

he's been playing well for sure, but there's a sizeable jump between 40 in 50 to over 1PPG
May 1 at 8:01 p.m.
Quoting: emoprettyboy
he's been playing well for sure, but there's a sizeable jump between 40 in 50 to over 1PPG

The difference is he got to play with a linemate that isn't a bottom six player. 21 points in 31 games playing with fourth liners. Then Boldy gets put on his line and he has 64 points in the 51 games since.

Sometimes you don't know why guys production suddenly spikes. This is not one of those times. His on ice play has been the same (actually he's immensely improved defense and play away from the puck every year) for three seasons, the only difference is he finally had another good player to play with.
RazWild liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll